Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kar08 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: NathuPyare

Haan that must have been a big factor. 

But chalo force hoke hi sahi par kiya to. What about the rest two?

The other 2 shouldn't endorse such products either but presumably they get away with it in the eyes of the public because they are known chain smokers. 

Also Ajay doesn't seem to care about PR or image. SRK cares about being seen as a devoted family man but has never made any bones about the fact that he'll go wherever the money is - whether it's tobacco endorsements, fairness cream endorsements or dancing at weddings.

So I don't see either of them backing out of this.

Edited by kar08 - 2 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

Akshay's case is different because he's known for his fitness and discipline and has many times endorsed for a healthy lifestyle. He even spoke publically against celebrities doing ads for harmful products because public looks upto them.

On top of that he was in that government ad which plays before every movie where he's condemning smoking as it also has tobacco. So he easily got caught on his hypocrisy. Don't preach if you can't practice. SRK and Ajay never did any of that so they don't have to back off. 

It's only SRK fans on the internet who have too high expectations from their idol. Ajay or his fans don't give a fuck!

And gutka ain't getting banned because then my choice liberal left wing group would get their panteis in a twist. 

I wasn't speaking against the outrage against Akki, he deserves it fully for his hypocrisy. I was talking about the outrage against Ajay, although people have kindly actually turned Ajay and Bimal into meme, rather than hating it.

I personally won't endorse banning tobacco because I smoke cigarettes😆, plus government wouldn't ban it because it is a huge source of tax, just like alcohol.

Anyways Akshay is becoming an embarrassment nowadays, love the guy, but he is getting caught in own web😆, ishiliye idealistic nahi bann chahiye jab tum harami ho.

Edited by IWILLDIESINGLE - 2 years ago
NathuPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: kar08

The other 2 shouldn't endorse such products either but presumably they get away with it in the eye of the public because they are known chain smokers. 

Also Ajay doesn't seem to care about PR or image. SRK cares about being seen as a devoted family man but has never made any bones about the fact that he'll go wherever the money is - whether it's tobacco endorsements, fairness cream endorsements or dancing at weddings.

So I don't see either of them backing out of this.

Exactly! I totally agree.

With SRK specially - paisa fenko tamasha dekho. From dancing in weddings to Tobacco endorcements, he'll do anything if money offered is good enough. ðŸ˜³

.Shiva. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Good. When will the other two step down? Or is money that important that they don’t mind endorsing something poisonous and it’s for the civilians to be careful and don’t follow everything what this bullywood so called hero’s does onscreen. 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail

Agar kisi cheez ko ban nahi kar sakte to kya usse promote karne lagenge? Ye to waisa hi ho gaya jaise log kehte hai - if you cannot avoid r@pe, enjoy it.

The least these  celebs can do is to not encourage more people fall into this harmful addiction or to not normalise ones who are already fallen... ki arre dekho srk aur ajay devgan bhi to khaate hain. Baki tumhe jo manna hai mano.

Did you just try to align tobacco usage with rape😆. Way to trivialize rape.😆

A big difference is a person who takes alcohol or tobacco or drugs is in full control of that. It is with their own consent unless someone is regularly forcing them, which is a rare issue. I won't even recommend ban of tobacco. You ban tobacco or alcohol, people will find an alternative substitute.

I just find this whole stigma towards tobacco funny. I would say rather these companies are fool to promote their product. Wasting their money on celebs when it is better they try to pay their labours more.

NathuPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: IWILLDIESINGLE

Did you just try to align tobacco usage with rape😆. Way to trivialize rape.😆

A big difference is a person who takes alcohol or tobacco or drugs is in full control of that. It is with their own consent unless someone is regularly forcing them, which is a rare issue. I won't even recommend ban of tobacco. You ban tobacco or alcohol, people will find an alternative substitute.

I just find this whole stigma towards tobacco funny. I would say rather these companies are fool to promote their product. Wasting their money on celebs when it is better they try to pay their labours more.

Tumhara bhi wahi hutiyapa shuru ho gaya. Kahi par bhi r@pe likh do example ke taur pe bhi to trivialising r@pe ho jaata hai. Khud to jaise bhenchod likh ke feminism ke jhande gaad rahe ho?

Rahi baat tobacco alcohol consume ki to kisne roka hai. Mai khud cig alcohol leta hoon (occasionally) but will i take it in front of minors or encourage others to take them. Definitely NOT. How do u think will minors be affected seeing their srk uncle or Akshay uncle promote gutkha? Unhe to style statement hi lagega jaise apne zamane me mujhe cig lagti thi.

P.s. did u just say person taking drugs is in full. Control of that? Forget drugs, even tobacco and alcohol are an addiction. Addcited people are never in full control of their addiction.

Edited by NathuPyare - 2 years ago
CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Oh God. Public ulloo banane baithi hai aur Akki ulloo banata phirta hai

He did not know what he was promoting? Is he an idiot? Iska PR kamaal ka hai waise. They know how to manipulate the sheeple

Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Yeh sab dogla pan hai. 

Anyways i hope ajay also stop this add. 

Srk is always moralless . Doing fairness cream, Daru, Gutaka advs, smoking in public and now working with women molester. 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail

Tumhara bhi wahi hutiyapa shuru ho gaya. Kahi par bhi r@pe likh do example ke taur pe bhi to trivialising r@pe ho jaata hai. Khud to jaise bhenchod likh ke feminism ka jhande gaad rahe ho?

Triggered😆.

Rahi baat tobacco alcohol consume ki to kisne roka hai. Mai khud cig alcohol leta hoon but will i take it in front of minors or encourage others to take them. Definitely NOT. How do u think will minors be affected seeing their srk uncle or Akshay uncle promote gutkha? Unhe to style statement hi lagega jaise apne zamane me mujhe cig lagti thi.

Minors will be effected when they see their father, uncle's, mom, brother, sister and so on having gutkha. And technically Vimal ads are not of Vimal pan masala but of Vimal Elaichi. So you cannot hold anyone of the blame.

P.s. did u just say person taking drugs is in full. Control of that? Forget drugs, even tobacco and alcohol are an addiction. Addcited people are never in full control of their addiction.

Addiction wale stage tak toh khud k consent se pohuch te hain na log? Ya woh bhi koi unko force karta hain?

NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

This is why his movies are working, he has built a strong PR image around himself and its good to see that he actively tries to protect it, a very good business decision right there 

I don't understand why SRK associated himself with this brand, I don't care about the moral values or social responsibilities here because Tobacco and alcohol generate a big chunk of revenue for Indian economy and government can always increase tax on these products, people who want to consume can do it at their own risk, I don't think your average Gutka consumer is changing his Gutka seeing SRK or Ajay, these guys are brought in to make people talk about their product and if they are listed in BSE or NSE, people will purchase their shares but SRK should have thought before adding this zubaan kesari thing in brand SRK..

Akshay's PR team wins this one hands down, He got money and came out as the good guy too, Impressive 

Edited by NoraSM - 2 years ago