Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: arnavfluffy

When did I say death of civilians did not matter !!

War is always bad.

But if India condemns Russia publicly, then we lose that ally too and we become more vulnerable to China.

And India could be attacked next without Russian weapons.

The best solution is Atma Nirbhar India. Time and again, we can see that, we have no real allies. Just like how we conducted pokran test, we need to increase manufacturing in India and defeat China economically.

Already China is illegally mining in India and Himalayas for rare earth metals , Keeping Terrorism and kashmir issue as a cover and supporting Pak to keep India away.

In this very thread I already made it clear that I support India’s stance on this issue.

My question was to you about what has Ukraine not supporting India got to do with this. I have seen many Indians subtly taking pleasure in Ukraine’s misery because apparently they supported our enemies.

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan

In this very thread I already made it clear that I support India’s stance on this issue.

My question was to you about what has Ukraine not supporting India got to do with this. I have seen many Indians subtly taking pleasure in Ukraine’s misery because apparently they supported our enemies.

Well I am not one of them..

And it's not many Indians, it's just few of them, who are unable to separate common innocent folks with politics.

1123225 thumbnail

Originally posted by: arnavfluffy

Does India have a choice?

What if Russia takes back it's military support??

India will fall prey to China the next second.

There's no easy answer to this. Self reliance is the best policy, but that's long term.

All India can do at this point is say we don't approve of war, hope diplomacy succeeds, etc. etc.

But that's realpolitik. Morally speaking, support of expansionist policies in this day and age is wrong no matter who does it, friend or enemy.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

There's no easy answer to this. Self reliance is the best policy, but that's long term.

All India can do at this point is say we don't approve of war, hope diplomacy succeeds, etc. etc.

But that's realpolitik. Morally speaking, support of expansionist policies in this day and age is wrong no matter who does it, friend or enemy.

Yup..

Unfortunately we don't live in an idealistic world.

We have to choose sides and protect own interests.

We have our own enemies and need to see the national interest first..

Because we cannot expect other countries to be morally right as we are.

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

Oh attention seeker virdas

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

I don't think you can be self reliant in this day and age of globalisation. Even the most fierce rivals US and China are highly dependent on each other. Self reliance can only take us so far. You cannot become a singular hub for manufacturing and services and raw material. There is just not enough skillset or manpower or natural resources sitting with a single nation to make that happen.

Atmanirbhar sounds very lovely but it's too unrealistic to ever be fully achievable.

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

I don't think you can be self reliant in this day and age of globalisation. Even the most fierce rivals US and China are highly dependent on each other. Self reliance can only take us so far. You cannot become a singular hub for manufacturing and services and raw material. There is just not enough skillset or manpower or natural resources sitting with a single nation to make that happen.

Atmanirbhar sounds very lovely but it's too unrealistic to ever be fully achievable.

Sure, but I think in this sense self-reliance is more about being capable enough to do enough damage (especially economically) if you are involved with (or in our case stuck with) an aggressive state.

The risk should be substantial enough that no one wants to risk it.

Russia actually invaded Eastern Europe and still Italy, Germany and many other European nations are fidgeting while sanctioning it and are still buying Gas from Russia. (Italy actually excluded handbags while imposing the first sanctions). All because their own economy will be adversely affected.

Edited by trouble_006 - 2 years ago
The_Best thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Oh wow. What hypocrisy. I keep seeing trends like Putin Hitler and what not. Where were these wokes and all these Hitler names when war criminals like Bush, Obama and then trump were bombing Iraq. Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, etc? US is still selling arms to Saudi to bomb Yemen. I heard Iraq is still controlled half by US and half by Russia and both stealing their oil. Most of the world is such hypocrite and liars. Both sides like to think they are good and others are bad when fact is both sides are bad. But what makes me mad are the so called justice warriors and so called Democrats now waking up and calling Putin a Hitler. Where were there words when Obama was bombing many countries or when Joe Biden pulled out of Afghanistan in disaster manner?

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

When it comes to defence, India should be.

1123225 thumbnail

Connections is one thing. But being dependent on a friend for security is not a good long-term option.