Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

Well, the Western powers are definitely trying to expand, no questions there. But, the issue is, could this not have been solved through diplomatic channels instead of straight out warfare?

If I remember correctly, Russia tried to solve it diplomatically...but for diplomacy to work, the other side has to be rational too.

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

If I remember correctly, Russia tried to solve it diplomatically...but for diplomacy to work, the other side has to be rational too.

Still, invading another country isn't the answer. Nato would never dare invade Russia for fear of a nuclear war breaking out. This war is nothing but a show of Russian expansionism.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Still, invading another country isn't the answer. Nato would never dare invade Russia for fear of a nuclear war breaking out. This war is nothing but a show of Russian expansionism.

Let me clear this, that I am not supporting Russia or US or anyone else first.

According to Russia, they were instigated, so they're trying to take back what was always theirs until it got split into various parts because of the West.

On the other hand, USA and NATO never expected Russia to start firing at Ukraine.

Idk who's right and who's wrong. All I want is for this to end, and people should not suffer.

Almirah thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Russia had been cornered by US and EU. America wanted to destroy Russia by using Ukraine as a pawn. If Ukraine had joined NATO, America would have been at Russian doorsteps and finished off Russia anytime. That's why Putin has taken this step. He needed to save his own country first. He tried a lot of dialogue with Ukraine head, but he was just being rebellious and adamant. So Putin was left with no other choice. Do you have any idea how much he is spending on the war daily? Russian economy is suffering. There have been sanctions from everywhere. Do you really think Putin is doing this for expansion? The answer is a big no. The answer is he was left with no other choice. He had to save his own nation.

Edited by Almirah - 2 years ago
1134270 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Let me clear this, that I am not supporting Russia or US or anyone else first.

According to Russia, they were instigated, so they're trying to take back what was always theirs until it got split into various parts because of the West.

On the other hand, USA and NATO never expected Russia to start firing at Ukraine.

Idk who's right and who's wrong. All I want is for this to end, and people should not suffer.

That’s a lame excuse 😭

1117409 thumbnail

I love how the West keeps buying Russian Oil & Gas while crying Murder. The Sanctions in place are largely symbolic & other than hurting Some niche Russian Businesses does absolutely nothing. Russian Oil & Gas is also why the West will never block SWIFT. NATO = Fraud

Modi/GOI too have been absolute disasters in rescuing its citizens. I remember how swiftly MMS had rescued 18,000 Indians stuck in Libya a few years back. Guess there's no priority/emergency like UP going in to vote.

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Honestly Vir Das is always so unfunny and cringe...😵

The whole thing that made that woman's poem so funny was that she was actually being serious there, and of course that it was original...

kankabhor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Almirah

Russia had been cornered by US and EU. America wanted to destroy Russia by using Ukraine as a pawn. If Ukraine had joined NATO, America would have been at Russian doorsteps and finished off Russia anytime. That's why Putin has taken this step. He needed to save his own country first. He tried a lot of dialogue with Ukraine head, but he was just being rebellious and adamant. So Putin was left with no other choice. Do you have any idea how much he is spending on the war daily? Russian economy is suffering. There have been sanctions from everywhere. Do you really think Putin is doing this for expansion? The answer is a big no. The answer is he was left with no other choice. He had to save his own nation.

Yes, US is trying to win influence over entire Europe but how would US have finished Russia? By attacking nuclear country?🤪 What do you mean Russia had no choice? Why doesn't Ukrainian people have choice of whom they want to ally with? Putin is attacker here not defender. How is he saving own nation by attacking other independent nation? Logic??😕

If Russia can't win infleunce over countries despite having oil reserves, second best militiary then problem is with Russia's diplomacy.

Almirah thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: kankabhor

Yes, US is trying to win influence over entire Europe but how would US have finished Russia? By attacking nuclear country?🤪 What do you mean Russia had no choice? Why doesn't Ukrainian people have choice of whom they want to ally with? Putin is attacker here not defender. How is he saving own nation by attacking other independent nation? Logic??😕

If Russia can't win infleunce over countries despite having oil reserves, second best militiary then problem is with Russia's diplomacy.

If Ukraine joined NATO, America and European countries would have been at Russian borders, all against them. They would have attacked Russia anytime and taken over. America was playing this game to weaken Russia. It's America versus Russia here. Russia can't let this happen. Even now Russian economy is suffering, but atleast they are able to secure their borders and safeguard their nation. It's a big international political conspiracy against Russia. Putin had no option.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Originally posted by: crispsy

That’s a lame excuse 😭

Not really.

US and Russia's issue dates back to decades.

What USA was trying to do is weaken Russia, split it further and then dominate the region.

If Ukraine were to be a part of NATO, USA would have entered that country, come to the Russia-Ukraine border and weakened Russia.

Ukraine basically fell for US's promises and didn't really help when Russia came for diplomatic talks. Now when Russia declared war, Ukraine has no support from US, except for sanctions.

To add to Ukraine's whims, UK has announced they will not fight Russian troops in Ukraine.

This is classic case of "kande pe bandook rakhke fire karna".

Another issue seems to be (according to certain sources) that a lot of Ukrainians still consider themselves to be Russians. So there's inner dispute.

Overall, its just a very bad situation.