Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Thanks for the share. 

Somewhere I remember reading that he was praised for being progressive in his thinking about religion… 

I will give it a read.. I know there was some suppression he was known for but not a particularly detailed one - nor were we taught in our CBSE syllabus which had nothing but Indian struggle for freedom from 8th till 10th grade!!! 😭

History in schools was largely a snoozefest. 😆

Wistfulness thumbnail

I like Turkish based historical shows, but they do tend to white wash their rulers too..it’s very annoying at times 😆

I would really like something like The rise or empires : ottomans made in India with a rather objective view to it. The problem is people aren’t ready for it.

Indeed. Whitewashing is annoying...just like those love stories with non-existent lovers. E.g. Anarkali. 😆

@Bold - That's the issue. People aren't ready for such things. 

And we know how they protest here. One person registers protest and others follow like blind sheeps. 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: CherryMe

I understand that some peoole are unaware about certain things but it is very convinient when a well read person claims to know only about good side but pretend to not know the bad ones. You know what i mean?

@autumn_rose

Heya Cherry, 

You can tag members in that ‘Tag Users:’ box. You don’t have to ‘@‘ before the username as it won’t pop up. Just start typing the username and options should start coming up for you. ☺️

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Heya Cherry, 

You can tag members in that ‘Tag Users:’ box. You don’t have to ‘@‘ before the username as it won’t pop up. Just start typing the username and options should start coming up for you. ☺️

Are you suggesting the person  attacks me 🥺

Wistfulness thumbnail

I understand that some peoole are unaware about certain things but it is very convinient when a well read person claims to know only about good side but pretend to not know the bad ones. You know what i mean?

Given the state of history taught in schools, it's kinda fathomable that some people are genuinely unaware of the dark side. However, problem occurs when the dark side is constantly denied despite total awareness. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

History in schools was largely a snoozefest. 😆

It was one of my fav subjects though but reading about congress all the time annoyed me so much  😆

I failed to see it then, but not I get how the books we study in school are the way they are supposed to be for a reason. I didn’t study about Jew genocide from school books. Buddhacarita was replaced by Nehru’s book in 8th grade for a reason (thankfully I studied Buddhacarita) as a part of Hindi literature.

A Turkish actress attacked PC for supporting Indian army (like, what?). The govt supports Pakistan and of course the glorify the Ottoman Empire. 

Why didn’t she  speak up when there were terrorist attacks in India or when Taliban has taken control over Afganistan? That is bigotry. I didnt  watch her show Ertugul for this very reason.

Sometimes I think, maybe we cannot blame people for being ignorant but at times it’s infuriating.

JayaBachan thumbnail

Are you suggesting the person  attacks me 🥺

Oh no, I’m just practicing my moderator skills and trying to help members out with technical support services. One day the CEO of IF Vijay will be forced to accept my application form 😠

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Oh no, I’m just practicing my moderator skills and trying to help members out with technical support services. One day the CEO of IF Vijay will be forced to accept my application form 😠

🤣

Do you think he stalks random threads?

JayaBachan thumbnail

🤣

Do you think he stalks random threads?

No, but I’m going to start tagging him from now on so he can witness my technical support skills.  

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Didi aaj aap sehmi sehmi si lag rahi ho. Dont be scared i cant kill u with my words. Wish i could though😆

Calling @hearmeroar for support...

I’m not afraid for that matter but you are just making your own versions of my posts and trying to attack me for not reason just like all bigots you claim to despise.  I will not stoop to your level.

This is my last reply to you.