Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

I cannot help but notice that jab bhi Hindu fanatics do these things Muslim fanatics don’t get dragged into it but when the Muslim fanatics do these things lage haat Hindu fanatics also get bashed along with them. 

And it's the same on all online platforms. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: CherryMe

In alia thread you were supporting hindu bashing gang and here you are supporting/glorifying hindu genocidal maniac meanwhile peddling lies about marathas. I thinknyou are a well read person so i dont believe that you only know things about him from a tv show made by sanjay khan.

Dekho behen, muslims have already partitioned the country and got their own...christians might also get on for themselves in future but  khalistan toh hum banne nahi denge itna pyar toh tum logo se hai. Toh jab rehna saath mei hai toh phir dil mei itna zeher bhar ke kyu. Kyu na hum pyar se rahe aur soft anti hindu agenda chalana band kare,hai na?!

Now you will say, you are hindu par dekha hai yeh sab pehle bhi bohat baar...so lets not make that excuse.

Your comment isn’t making any sense.

I haven’t read much about Tipu sultan apart from school texts and I wasn’t even born when the show was aired - all I’m asking is the show wasn’t hated back then, as far as I know.. so why are people bashing it now?

Is it not possible to show both good and bad sides of a particular ruler without taking sides? If he has killed people show it.. if he has fought against the British.. show it? 

The Marathas first were in support of the British against Mysore.. but later on we’re enemies.. it’s all politics and nothing much to do with religion at the end of of the day.

Hasn’t the Turkish show on Mehmed the conqueror shown how he fought with intelligence but the war was still brutal? They showed all shades of mehmed and the Roman emperor.. good and bad. 

They are warriors and not saints after all, no matter what religion they belong. 

We are born in different times so it’s hard for us to comprehend a lot of things which used to be normal back then. 

One doesn’t have to see things in black and white. Nothing is black and white.

There can be a middle ground.. it’s not like all Muslims are good or all Hindus are good.. extremism in any religion is bad. We are Indians first. 

I don’t care about the partitioned countries.. I care about India..no matter what religion.  

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 2 years ago
Wistfulness thumbnail

You are the first one to call out the islamic bigotry. Now lets see who posts the violent verses from quran first preaching hate towards other religions.

We have so many well read people discuss vedas and puranas recently. I am sure they must have some knowledge about islam which also has problematic issue like patriarchy and women rights

Dekhte hai koi mai ka laal aata hai ya nai. Saare ke saare toh ganfattu nahi ho sakte yaha pe😆

I think I've gained enough expertise to conclude that nobody will do it. This heavily biased approach is the root of the many troubles we're facing. Excusing one side's bigotry while continuously vilifying and gaslighting another community...sometimes over hyperbolic and irrational fears is what people indulge in. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

You are the first one to call out the islamic bigotry. Now lets see who posts the violent verses from quran first preaching hate towards other religions.

We have so many well read people discuss vedas and puranas recently. I am sure they must have some knowledge about islam which also has problematic issue like patriarchy and women rights

Dekhte hai koi mai ka laal aata hai ya nai. Saare ke saare toh ganfattu nahi ho sakte yaha pe😆

I have tried reading Quran multiple times.. it’s so confusing. Truth be told, there are views on women and kafirs etc that unsettle me and I’m not sure if I have read the right version or if if I have misunderstood anything.. or I can just not interpret it at all.. 🤯🙈

So I stick to Sufism, the poetries of Bulleh Shah, Maulana Rumi Etc.

Texts and poetries written by Saints (Hindu. Muslim, Sikh Gurus), Rishis, Bhagwat Gita, Upanishads, Buddhism.. touch me a lot 🥺

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

There’s a difference between bashing Hinduism and critiquing it. The truth remains as is.  

I’m a woman along with being a Hindu too, I despise certain patriarchal values that are enforced upon us under the garb of religion.I’m not going to dismiss something if it doesn’t fall in line with my values. Glossing over the past is not going to change it.

Hinduism or Islam or any other religion .. there are problematic elements in both.. maybe they are not exactly a part of ‘religion’ or ‘spirituality’ that people like to propagate under the garb of religion… humanity comes first. T

Truth be told people are just looking for religion to blame for their own faults, whether its partition , hatred , bigotry or how they want to treat women. The fact is, it all comes down to human nature. Maybe you see Hindus or Muslims causing partition.. I see people driven by greed for money or power; 

I shall quote Betty smith from my favourite books:

Intolerance is a thing that causes war, pogroms, crucifixions, lynchings, and makes people cruel to little children and each other. It is responsible for most of the viciousness, violence, terror, and heart and soul breaking of the world.

To quote S Radhakrishnan in his book on Upanishads:

“Days is Karuna, compassion. We should try to be peace with all and abhor all cruelty and ill-will. Enmity means misunderstanding. A forgiving attitude frees the individual. We should grudge none, forgive all. So long as we remember an injustice, we have not forgotten the person or the action. If we only know that there is more suffering than wickedness in this world, we would be more kindly. It is by compassion, that shrinks from no sacrifice, we can overcome the ravages of selfishness. We must be patient. God himself is unimaginably patient. Tolerance, long suffering and patience are the fruits of spirit”

Just wanted to share this.. ^^ 😜

I think we don’t need kanganas of the world, what we need is people like Swami Vivekanand and S Radhakrishnan to teach us about Hinduism.

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 2 years ago
Wistfulness thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Your comment isn’t making any sense.

I haven’t read much about Tipu sultan apart from school texts and I wasn’t even born when the show was aired - all I’m asking is the show wasn’t hated back then, as far as I know.. so why are people bashing it now?

Is it not possible to show both good and bad sides of a particular ruler without taking sides? If he has killed people show it.. if he has fought against the British.. show it? 

@Bold - Maybe it's due to the absence of social media and the general lack of awareness. Some people might have disliked it. Who knows? 

Tipu Sultan was a religious bigot who is depised by Hindus and Catholics alike. There was a huge uproar after the politically motivated Tipu Jayanti was announced by the congress in 2016. Even Karanataka HC trashed the move and its Chief Justice observed that Tipu fought the opponents to safeguard his own interests...which doesn't make him a freedom fighter.

@Red - An accurate portrayal would be welcome but I doubt it's possible to show the other side depicting his religious bigotry in a mightily charged political atmosphere. There are too many reasons...both political and religious.

OH and there's also that annoying fixation with love stories. 😆

P.S. You can refer to this short article. It's a good read.

https://m.rediff.com/news/column/the-truth-about-tipu-sultan/20181114.htm

Edited by Wistfulness - 2 years ago
Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Oops you missed the edit.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

@Bold - Maybe it's due to the absence of social media and the general lack of awareness. Some people might have disliked it. Who knows? 

Tipu Sultan was a religious bigot who is depised by Hindus and Catholics alike. There was a huge uproar after the politically motivated Tipu Jayanti was announced by the congress in 2016. Even Karanataka HC trashed the move and its Chief Justice observed that Tipu fought the opponents to safeguard his own interests...which doesn't make him a freedom fighter.

@Red - An accurate portrayal would be welcome but I doubt it's possible to show the other side depicting his religious bigotry in a mightily charged political atmosphere. There are too many reasons...both political and religious.

OH and there's also that annoying fixation with love stories. 😆

P.S. You can refer to this short article. It's a good read.

https://m.rediff.com/news/column/the-truth-about-tipu-sultan/20181114.htm

Thanks for the share. 

Somewhere I remember reading that he was praised for being progressive in his thinking about religion… 

I will give it a read.. I know there was some suppression he was known for but not a particularly detailed one - nor were we taught in our CBSE syllabus which had nothing but Indian struggle for freedom from 8th till 10th grade!!! 😭

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

I like Turkish based historical shows, but they do tend to white wash their rulers too..it’s very annoying at times 😆

I would really like something like The rise or empires : ottomans made in India with a rather objective view to it. The problem is people aren’t ready for it.

Wistfulness thumbnail

Inke liye woh secular aur tolerant hai kyoki inke nahi mare hai.

I dont think any self respecting hindu will praise bigots like tipu and others like him

I doubt anyone with regard to humanity will do that. The problem is, most people aren't aware of the dark side of these monarchs because propaganda is spewed in form of history. Now if someone attempts to modify the textbooks, you know what will follow. 

I read some historical accounts out of sheer curiosity and some dark truths left me unsettled. 

Edited by Wistfulness - 2 years ago