sandrasheron thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Update soon. Eagerly waiting for it.😊

sillysatchel thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Read this in one go.

And let me just say, when Raavi got personal I literally went DAMNNNNNNNNN at my phone.

Update faster, Neet, I need to know how this ends!!

Fireflylane thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Please update :((((((

sandrasheron thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Please 🙏🙏🙏🙏🥺 update the next part soon. Its been a month since ur last update. 😭Please 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 update next part.

IshqKaRang thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Chapter 6 Shadows in darkness

Shiva stood in the corner of the conference room while Raavi attended the meeting. She hadn’t been kidding when she said he’d be with her 24x7. He had been made to change into an all black suit that he was horribly uncomfortable in. Even her employees needed to have a certain standard, was what Raavi had told him. He watched, with an odd sense of pride, the confidence with which she held her ground. As the meeting drew to an end and she rose from her chair, Shiva immediately stepped closer to her.

“Ms. Mehta! I wanted to tell you how impressed I am by you. I’d heard a lot about you but I am glad I finally had the chance to watch you in action.”

Shiva’s eyes narrowed at the guy who’d stopped Raavi from leaving.

“Thank you, Mr. Malhotra,” Raavi replied curtly, turning to head out the door.

“Please, just call me Ranveer. We are going to be working together a lot now and Mr. Malhotra makes it sound like I’m as old as my dad,” Mr. Malhotra said, extending his hand forward to shake hers.

“You are our client, Mr. Malhotra. It’d be best if we kept things professional at all levels,” she replied.

“Please, I insist,” Ranveer said, still holding out his hand.

Raavi sensed Shiva taking a step forward to intercept their conversation so she quickly placed her hand in Ranveer’s and shook it. “Well then, Ranveer it is. And you can call me Raavi.”

Shiva gritted his teeth angrily. She’d made such a big deal about Gaumbi and him calling her Raavi and here she was letting this nincompoop she’d met about an hour ago call her Raavi.

“Raavi.. it’s a beautiful name. One of Goddess Parvati’s names, isn’t it? Like Shiva ki Gauri?” Ranveer asked, as he let go of her hand.

Unwittingly, Shiva and Raavi looked at each other. “Raavi.. Mere Shiva ki Gauri banegi?” Dhara di’s question all those years ago had brought her life to where it was right now. But having names that sounded good together did not mean the people were meant to be together too. Their eyes met and held for a few seconds before Raavi looked away. “Raavi means a river. I am not any Shiva’s Gauri.”

Shiva’s heart hurt hearing her say that. She was wrong. She was his Gauri. Always was, always would be.

“Hey, but Shiva carries a river in his hair. So I wasn’t too far off,” Ranveer joked. “Yeah, but the problem with water is that people use it to cleanse themselves and then, when the water itself becomes dirty, it gets thrown out,” Raavi replied, stoically. Her barb hit Shiva straight in his heart. Yes, she had come into their lives like freshwater from a spring, and he had said and done all those things to make her feel dirty and unwanted. He was nothing like his namesake. Lord Shiva gave Maa Ganga the ultimate form of respect by carrying her in his hair, placing her at a stature above himself. But what had he done?

“Waise Raavi, I think we should celebrate our partnership. I’m throwing a party next week at my clubhouse and I would really like it if you would join us,” Ranveer said, smiling and Shiva wanted to punch his face in. “I am sorry, Ranveer. I won’t be able to make it. Thank you for the invite though,” Raavi politely declined. “Even if I tell you that it’s my birthday and it would break my heart if you don’t come?” Ranveer persisted. Shiva was itching to get his hands on the rascal and teach him a lesson for flirting with his Raavi. Raavi let out a sigh and nodded, “Okay! But only because it’s your birthday.”

Shiva wanted to grab her by the arm and tell her she was going nowhere near that rascal. But then he remembered that he had lost the right to do so. For the first time, he was actually glad that she’d made him her bodyguard. That meant he could keep an eye on the cheap, flirt and protect her from him.

Ranveer’s face broke out into a huge smile as he reached for her hand, bending down to peck it, “thank you my lady! You’ve just made my birthday a lot more special this year.” “Ranveer, I..” before Raavi could say anything though, he cut in, “I know, I know.. strictly professional. Pardon my transgression, madam,” he said with dramatic flare and Raavi rolled her eyes, smiling. Shiva closed his hand into a fist and gritted his teeth. This guy was going to die at Shiva Pandya’s hands. But not today.. Pandya Store needed to be saved, first. All in due time, he promised himself.

As they got into the car, he saw her pull out her phone to call someone.

“Aapne jaan boojke daala hai na mujhe iss Project mein?”

“Achcha.. aapko nahi patha main kya baath kar rahi hoon?”

“Tho phir yeh Ranveer Malhotra mujhse flirt kyun kar raha tha?”

“Humne iss baare mein baath ki hai na?”

“Mujhe kisi dost ki zaroorath nahi. Main jaisi hoon, theek hoon. Aap ho na. Wo hi kaafi hai mere liye.”

“Main project chhodke kahin nahi jaa rahi. Cheezon ko aadhe adhoore mein chhodna mujhe nahi pasand. Bas aapko batha rahi hoon ki aapka yeh jo side project hai na, woh one hundred percent fail hai. In fact, launch hi nahi hoga.”

She rolled her eyes as the person on the other end said something.

“Okay bye!” She finally said as she hung up and proceeded to stare out the window.

“Raavi bitiya, ab kahan jaana hai?” Rajesh Kaka, Raavi’s driver, was an older man with a warm smile and cheerful persona. He reminded Shiva of Kaka from Pandya Store. “Kaka, hotel hi le chaliye. Thoda presentation pe kaam karna hai,” Raavi replied.

Back to back to back meetings and phone calls, and a dozen cups of coffee later, Raavi was still busy. The sun had set, darkness fell like a thick blanket, and the entire day she hadn’t eaten anything. He hadn’t either but he knew the Phoolkumari couldn’t stand hunger. Except now, looking at her, there was nothing Phoolkumari like about her. He wondered if her hands were still as soft as the clouds in the sky? Or had they turned calloused like her demeanor?

“Yes. Please send me the updated designs for the mall project,” he heard her mention the mall and his attention focused back on her. “I’ll look through them tonight and we can meet tomorrow to go over details,” she said, before hanging up. “You promised you wouldn’t go ahead with the mall project!” He exclaimed. She quirked an eyebrow and looked at him. “I didn’t promise anything like that, Mr. Pandya #3. I made a deal with Mr. Gautam Pandya that if you last with me for 30 days, then I’d take the mall project elsewhere. And I have zero expectations from you, Mr. Pandya #3. So naturally, I have the mall project progressing per initial plan. Don’t want to waste even a minute in tearing down Pandya store to the ground in front of your entire family,” the wicked gleam in her eyes made him see red. He reached her in one long stride, grabbing her by the arms and pulling her up to him. “Aisa kuch nahi hoga! Yeh Shiva Pandya ka vaada hai. Aur yeh kya Mr. Pandya #3 laga rakha hai? Shiva.. Shiva naam hai mera,” Shiva bit out angrily. “Let go of me,” her voice was low but strong and cold. The iciness seemed to flow from her to him and he shivered. He immediately let go of her.

“Do not dare to touch me without my permission ever again! And if you even think of manhandling me, because, let’s be honest it wouldn’t be the first time, not only are you going to lose your only chance at saving your store and family from utter destruction, I’ll make the whole process a hundred times worse for them. Do not try me!” The cold fury in her eyes sent a shiver down Shiva’s spine. He didn’t, for a second, doubt that she would do exactly as she said. He let go of her and stepped away. Pandya Store. His family. He had to think about them. He would come back to the Chipkali eventually but right now he had to play by her rules. “I’m sorry,” he muttered. “What?” She asked. “I said I’m sorry,” he bit out.

Raavi resisted the urge to laugh. He was sorry. The great Shiva Pandya was sorry. She wanted to grab his collar and shake him. Ask him what all he was sorry for. For the way he’d treated her since childhood? For marrying her just because his bhabhi had asked him to? For destroying her character, her reputation, her dreams, her hopes, her very soul or destroying her life? And she was so sure that he didn’t mean a single syllable of the word. He was only saying it to save his family and Pandya Store. She had a good mind to tell him exactly where to shove his sorry, but she didn’t. If she reacted, if she responded that meant she cared, that he mattered to her, which he did not. So she shrugged her shoulders in a gesture of dismissal and settled back down on the couch.

Just then, her phone rang.

“Hi! Mr. Malhotra!”

“Oh yes. I mean Ranveer.”

“Yes. The plans are being finalized. You can stop by the office any time.”

There was a long pause as she rubbed her temple with her fingers, listening to whatever Ranveer was saying from the other end.

“Ranveer.. I..” she looked up and her gaze met Shiva’s.

He looked angry, ready to explode. As if she cared.

“Okay. I’ll meet you for lunch tomorrow. 12 noon at Cafe Paris.” She said and hung up.

Before Shiva could react to the news, she was back on the phone, “Priya, cancel my noon meeting tomorrow.”

“Lunch with Ranveer. Cafe Paris.”

When she hung up, she saw Shiva standing with his fists clenched. She looked at him questioningly, dating him to say something, anything. But he clamped down on his urge to tell her she wasn’t going anywhere with Ranveer. He would be there though. Right beside her. He would stand beside her chair the entire time she ate but there was no way in hell he was leaving her with Ranveer.

rayt_si thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

As always .. your writing is top notch ... and this is like the plot of a movie .. 👏

But may I please request you to update the Teenager hormones wala series ? Please ? Woh wala mera favourite tha .. uss mein attraction toh shuru se thaa, I mean that was the entire premise but I'd have liked to see them catching feelings as well .. woh wala series update ho sakta hai kya ? 😒💔

GumSumChandni thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Offf neet! I fall more and more in love with this story with every update! I’m loving the way both POVs got equal focus in this update. I’m waiting for them to burst at each other, but I guess all in good time! The way you describe the plot, how I wish we got this kind of a twist in the show. Raavi as anti hero for a bit would be amazing! I’m loving the entry of the sort of third angle haha. And of course that shiva ki gauri bit, and both their POVs of Gauri has me crying! Just Lovely! ❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥Waiting for update!💗

Radhi12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Wow.

Just read the whole this and I love the concept

Really like this confident raavi. Continue soon