Plsss continue this :(

sandrasheron thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Awesome. Please update the next part soon.😊

Clouds7 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Omg gave me goosebumps I freaking loved it !!! Wow !! Please continue asap !!!!! Yayayay Im a sucker for strong and smart and cold FLs ! Let's go Raavi !!!!

IshqKaRang thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Thank you to all the wonderful people who reminded me that I’ve left this one hanging. I’m going to try my best to get back to being regular with this one. In the meantime, presenting Chapter 5. Let me know your thoughts!

Chapter 5 What Lies Between the Truths

Raavi sipped her coffee as she watched the morning rays creep up from behind the hills. She hugged the wrap she was wearing a little closer as a cool breeze wafted in. She knew she had made a mistake. She had let him get under her skin.. again. The plan had been simple - swoop in, destroy the Pandyas and then leave. But they’d somehow found out about the deal with the bank, which had led to the unplanned meeting. She could have just refused to meet them but there was a part of her that had waited 5 long years to see the look on their faces when they found out she was single handedly the reason behind their downfall. She’d indulged that part of her yesterday and had found great pleasure in their stupefied expressions.

It’s like nothing till now had changed in their perfect little selfish world. She’d been missing for five years and they “couldn’t find her” apparently. If it had been Dhara di who’d gone missing, they would have killed themselves in their search for her but wouldn’t have given up and gone about their lives like nothing happened. But then, it would be absolutely foolish of her to even think that she could exist in the same dimension as Dhara di.. especially in Shiva’s heart. She had never been a part of the family - she’d realized that five years ago. It wasn’t surprising then, that their search efforts hadn’t led them to her. Why would they have even cared when soon after she left, Dhara di got pregnant? That’s what the whole family had wanted for over 10 years. They must’ve thought she was good riddance, like taking a fly out of your tea. After all, their biggest joy came after she’d exited their lives.

No, she wasn’t in any way or form jealous of Dhara. Despite all the hatred and anger she harbored, she could and never would wish anything even remotely not good for the baby. After all, she’d just as sincerely prayed for the baby as much as the rest of the Pandyas. What hurt her though, was that despite her giving each member of the family her all - her respect, loyalty, love, devotion, everything, she’d gotten nothing back except for horrible pain and sour memories that refused to be washed away no matter how hard she tried.

She had spent days and nights huddled up in a corner, crying in absolute agony and pain with no one to wipe her tears or even say they were there for her. She had understood and harshly been made to accept the reality of being an orphan. Of being alone. All she sought was love, and solace of comfort, knowing there was somewhere she belonged, that at least one person in this whole wide world loved her and loved her unconditionally. Not someone who tossed the word “orphan” in her face in her bouts of anger like Maasimaa or the Pandyas who’d always pitied her and carried her along like an unwanted burden that they were overjoyed to get rid of.

For five years, she’d been preparing herself to come face-to-face with the Pandyas. She’d run through the scenarios hundreds and thousands of times in her head. The one she had secretly hoped would come true was some day, she’d open her apartment door and find Shiva there - distraught, disheveled, like he’d been through Hell and back to get to her. That hadn’t happened. But she was such a fool that every time the doorbell to her apartment rang, her heart would do a weird cartwheel and lodge in her throat.

Her anger had always been directed towards the entire Pandya family, not just Shiva. They’d all let her down. But somewhere deep down, she knew that it was more directed towards herself. She had been so desperate for the love of a family all her life, she’d put the Pandya family on a pedestal, as her destiny, her goal, the biggest dream of her life. What she hadn’t accounted for was Shiva, and how hard she’d fall for him, giving him the power to destroy her. He’d destroyed her alright, piece by piece, reminding her, despite her best efforts to make things better between them, that he hated her, that she wasn’t good enough, that he would never forget her past, that he would always hold her accountable for his insecurities, that he didn’t trust her. And she’d started to believe it too. So when he accused her of having eyes on other men, that had really hurt her soul. And what had she done? Instead of staying and fighting, she’d run away. The way she always had. Because it was the easier way out.

But now, she was back, and she would fight. And like she’d told Shiva yesterday, she was going to be cold, calculating and ruthless in her vengeance. She wasn’t going to go about putting up a show. Yet, in the spur of the moment, she had offered the Pandyas the deal of the store in exchange for Shiva yesterday. And the bullhead that Shiva was, he’d agreed immediately. He couldn’t get rid of his savior complex even if he bloody tried to. Sacrifice his self respect to save the family and store - just the kind of thing he’d do.

Knowing Shiva, he wouldn’t last a day with her. And then she’d have the pleasure of knowing she had, in one stroke, wrecked not just the Pandyas but Shiva’s goddamn savior complex too. However long he lasted, the more pleasure she’d get in extracting her vengeance from him personally. Raavi breathed out, letting the anger she felt calm down. The clock ticked behind her and she turned to look at it. 30 minutes to 6 AM. A smile crept up the corner of her face as she turned away to get ready for the day.

Shiva shifted on his feet outside her hotel room door. She’d said before 6 AM so he’d ring the bell exactly at 6. He couldn’t let her get the upper hand, not ever but at the same time, too much was at stake. He couldn’t risk screwing up even in the slightest. He was caught by surprise though when her room door flung open.

“Mr. Pandya #3! Good morning! I see you made it here before time,” she greeted him, the smile on her face not reaching her eyes.

“But I.. I didn’t even knock,” Shiva said, surprised that she’d gotten to know he was outside her door.

She waved her hand, indicating him to come in as she walked inside the room. “Being a single woman in an unknown city with no sign of any guardian/family/husband can teach you quite a few things,” she commented offhandedly and Shiva’s heart squeezed. “Not that you would know anything about it. Is there anything you know or care to know about beyond that oh-so-loving little family and store of yours?” She asked coolly.

“Raavi..” Shiva started to speak but she stopped him. “Let’s lay some ground rules first, Mr. Pandya #3. I’m your boss, for however long you last. So I expect you to call me Ms. Mehta or Madam,” she said.

“Shouldn’t it be Mrs. Shiva Pandya? Given the fact that we never officially got divorced?” Shiva couldn’t help but ask. Raavi turned around to look at him with a fire in her eyes that took him aback for a second, giving him a glimpse of the old fiery Raavi. But just as suddenly as it appeared, it was gone, replaced once again by her icy calm demeanor.

“Rule #2, you keep your mouth shut and follow orders. That’s all you’ve got to do. Nothing more and nothing less. I have no use for that non-existent brain of yours. So do me a favor and leave it outside that door,” she stated.

“Rule #3, for the next 30 days you are going to be with me.. 24x7.. so I hope you’ve let your family know that they’re going to have to spend the next 30 days worrying their heads off wondering if their laadla son will be able to hold his horses long enough to save the store,” she said. “No.. actually, coming to think of it, you brothers and your bloody savior complex would’ve stopped you from informing anyone back home about this deal. Am I right?” She asked him, mouth curving upward in a condescending smirk. “Let me guess, you’ve told the rest of the family that you are going out of town to work something out to pull the family out of this crisis!”

Shiva was stumped because that was exactly what had happened. Dhara bhabhi and Maa would never let him compromise his self respect this way. But he knew he had to do this. So he had sworn Gaumbi and Dev to secrecy.

“Are you sure all systems are go in there, Mr. Pandya #3? Coz I could swear you have the makings to be perfect bahu material with your whole self-sacrificing troupe,” she commented as she sat down on the couch.

Before he could say anything though, there was a knock on the door. “That’s for you,” she said and Shiva headed to the door to open it. Advocate Rathore, one of the most famous lawyers in all of Gujarat, stood at the door with an envelope in hand. “Mr. Shiva Pandya, these papers are for you,” he said, handing the envelope over to Shiva. Shiva glanced through the papers and realized it was the legal agreement for their arrangement. He read through everything carefully. It was exactly what she’d offered.

“Before I sign this, there is something you have to do,” Shiva remarked.

Raavi raised an eyebrow quizzically, “Making demands now, are we? That’s not how this works, Mr. Pandya #3.”

“Suit yourself. But if you don’t come to the police station with me to prove that you are alive and I just vanish without reporting, we could both land up in jail. Just saying,” Shiva said offhandedly.

She smirked, “Ah! How could I forget? The missing person’s case Maasimaa registered for me. Must have been a different kind of torture, right Mr. Pandya #3? To be reminded of the woman you hate everyday, twice a day. Like a bitter pill you had to swallow no matter what.” She laughed mirthlessly. “Mr. Rathore, please take care of this.. minor inconvenience..” Mr. Rathore nodded his head and handed a pen to Shiva.

She knew? Of course she knew. It seemed like she had been keeping tabs on all of them all these years. And what did she call it? A minor inconvenience? He’d gone crazy the last five years looking for her. He was reminded of his terrible mistake and his loss twice a day, everyday for 5 years, he’d walked around bearing the weight of his monumental guilt and she called it a minor inconvenience?! Who was this woman? Where was the Raavi he’d grown up with? Part of him wanted to go up to her and shake her till her icy facade crumbled and the Raavi he knew came out.

But he couldn’t do that. Not yet. Once this 30 day period was over, once Pandya Store was safe, he would do just that. There was no way in Hell he was ever letting her go again. No matter how she chose to punish him.

He took a deep breath before he took the pen from Mr. Rathore and signed the papers. He could do this. He would do this. He had to.