Is Luv Ranjan really misogynist?

behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

His movies are bashed for being anti female that I agree but that's just a fiction story for comic purpose . One pattern I have noticed in his movies is that female leads have meatier and substantial role not flowerpots. Be it de de pyaar de, sktks , akashvani or PKP . He gave roles to female far better than so called feminist filmmaker like zoya, Farah , Rohit Shetty

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

He just makes movies like anyone else.

it reminds tho soon we will ten years of

โ€œa happy woman is a mythโ€

Iโ€™ll have to make a thread to celebrate it

cause boy is it the truth ๐Ÿ˜†

Ruhi.007 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pallavi_

His movies are bashed for being anti female that I agree but that's just a fiction story for comic purpose . One pattern I have noticed in his movies is that female leads have meatier and substantial role not flowerpots. Be it de de pyaar de, sktks , akashvani or PKP . He gave roles to female far better than so called feminist filmmaker like zoya, Farah , Rohit Shetty

The roles he gives to females are substantial because they are mostly negative. They are mostly about women being "chaloo" and how men suffer in their hands except for may be Akashvani which is a sobfest.

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I find his films pretty funny and entertaining. He has a way of presenting the young generation that is very relatable.

So what if he shows his female characters to be cunning? Now people have a problem with females playing negative roles in movies? Do you only want them to play saints on screen or what? ๐Ÿค“ I am gonna say one thing is that I see clever women like that around me all the time. So what's wrong with showing them onscreen??

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Its not like his portrayal of men in his films is anything great. He shows them as idiots and skirtchasers in the PKP series. The men in his films allow themselves to get manipulated by their girlfriends only because they want to land in bed with them.

So as usual these movies again fuel the notion that men are always horny and looking for sex. I don't know why men don't take offense over it.๐Ÿ˜†They think these movies talk about their problems. But I think they make a joke about the problems faced by men in relationships.

I'd rather be sneaky, conniving and manipulative rather than a dumb idiot.

Edited by AwaamKiJaan - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ruhi.007

They are mostly about women being "chaloo" and how men suffer in their hands

True story for most part ๐Ÿ˜†

Thatgirl16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

I really enjoyed AkaashVani. Also he presents youth in a way which is like a character living around you.

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

personally in real life? Who knows. But his movies sure are. Except for Akash vaani.

kankabhor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

He portrays women as smart and manipulative. I would rather take manipulative intelligent portrayal over dumb and stupid like his portrayal of men ๐Ÿ˜†

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Don't know about that but the kind of women he portrays in his movies, exists in real life. So, we can't really blame him.

Anyone can be an evil or a victim afterall. It has nothing to do with gender.