Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: chingoobean

I didn't think much the movie Jawaani Jaaneman, but I liked Alaya F in it - there was something quite calming and soothing about her. 

I also didn't like the movie. It was such a half-hearted attempt at making an urban rom com, trying to be all cool and slick and modern, all substance and no soul. I loved Alaya in it - her attempt was extremely sincere and she displayed a spark which was quite evident to sore eyes. Saif was hamming so much in the movie though😆

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

Huh! Early days yet. She was OK in Jawani Jaaneman. But nothing about her made me sit up and take notice. Not the way Parineeti's liveliness grabbed my attention in Ladies vs Ricky Behl or Pranutan's quiet intensity did the same in Notebook . But I'll wait and watch. If she knows how to handle the the I-hate-nepokids mob, that's half the battle won. But look at Sara. She started off pretty smartly too.

the two names you mentioned were terrific in their debut performances, especially Parineeti. Her spunk and liveliness were so endearing in Ladies vs. Ricky Bahl.

Pranutan should have won the best debut award for Notebook. She was like an enigma which unfolded with each scene. Absolutely bang on.

chingoobean thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I also didn't like the movie. It was such a half-hearted attempt at making an urban rom com, trying to be all cool and slick and modern, all substance and no soul. I loved Alaya in it - her attempt was extremely sincere and she displayed a spark which was quite evident to sore eyes. Saif was hamming so much in the movie though😆

Yes! Poorly written, badly directed and most of all dishonest was Jawaani Jaaneman. And I usually like Saif – mostly when he isn't running his ignorant, wannabe-Angrez mouth 😏 , but he just sleepwalked in this movie; Alaya F was the only one who managed to hold my attention. 

Edited by chingoobean - 3 years ago
capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

the two names you mentioned were terrific in their debut performances, especially Parineeti. Her spunk and liveliness were so endearing in Ladies vs. Ricky Bahl.

Pranutan should have won the best debut award for Notebook. She was like an enigma which unfolded with each scene. Absolutely bang on.

Enigma. That's the word for Pranutan's character. Along with the hero we are also hooked and want to know more about her with each page of the diary. I'm looking forward to her next with Aparshakti Khurana. Parineeti on the other hand was an open book in Ladies. Typical noveau riche spoiled brat at the first glance. But also a vulnerable  young girl who's had her heart broken for the first time and is hurting and covering it up with a sense of bravado.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Comments like this make me dizzy. It reflects more on you as a person than this young starlet who is busy making movies+money while you and me are sitting behind our phone screens anonymously judging her. Please try to be nicerxoxo

But it’s a criticism of her. Same as yours. You said she’s only here cause of her who she is and not her own skill 

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

Enigma. That's the word for Pranutan's character. Along with the hero we are also hooked and want to know more about her with each page of the diary. I'm looking forward to her next with Aparshakti Khurana. Parineeti on the other hand was an open book in Ladies. Typical noveau riche spoiled brat at the first glance. But also a vulnerable  young girl who's had her heart broken for the first time and is hurting and covering it up with a sense of bravado.

Have you seen Bulbbul? What's your opinion of Tripti?

powpow thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rhimjhimsawan

she is cool! I liked her. But she had one of the most underwhelming debut. Out of all the celeb kids who came out in recent years she is the least known. People forget she even exists

That's okay.. she's only had just one movie out anyway. Sometimes it's better to be a bit lowkey at the start of your career.. 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Have you seen Bulbbul? What's your opinion of Tripti?

Not yet. Not a fan of horror films. And I  do have this  tendency to dislike anyone unanimously praised.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I just realized that she and Tripti look the same. Or is it just me who suddenly developed face blindness.

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

I just realized that she and Tripti look the same. Or is it just me who suddenly developed face blindness.

Not really. They look very different, actually. Tripti is more beautiful.

Tripti Dimri