Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

She's reasonably pretty, seems to have some acting skill, and doesn't have an unpleasant attitude. 

Ditto. She seems ok, which is a big improvement over other recent starkid debutantes. But I would reserve my judgement until I see her in action for a few more films.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: powpow

Hopefully she’ll play her age for a while and not jump into too-grownup/SLB type roles too soon. 

What does this mean exactly?

Alaya F wa born in 1997, so will be 24 this year. And if she does sign a film with SLB she will most likely be 25 when it is released.

Now let's look at SLB's previous "heroines" the first time they worked with him:

FILM - ACTRESS (AGE AT RELEASE)

Khamoshi - Manisha (25)*

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam - Aishwarya (25)*

Black - Rani (26)*

Saawariya - Sonam (22)

Ram-Leela - Deepika (27)*

Gangubai Kathiawadi - Alia (27)

* these actresses were very likely playing roles of girls aged 18-22 years old.

powpow thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

What does this mean exactly?

Alaya F wa born in 1997, so will be 24 this year. And if she does sign a film with SLB she will most likely be 25 when it is released.

Now let's look at SLB's previous "heroines" the first time they worked with him:

FILM - ACTRESS (AGE AT RELEASE)

Khamoshi - Manisha (25)*

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam - Aishwarya (25)*

Black - Rani (26)*

Saawariya - Sonam (22)

Ram-Leela - Deepika (27)*

Gangubai Kathiawadi - Alia (27)

* these actresses were very likely playing roles of girls aged 18-22 years old.

Mmm I was mainly referring to her vibe/looks and not her biological age.. BW doesn’t really have that many youngish-looking female actors (not that any such roles are being written either way, sadly) but I am hoping she won’t start dreaming of playing a gangsta (prostitution) ring leader (?) like the other Alia in that upcoming SLB movie? =D
Maybe I should’ve put it as “heavy weight heroine-ish” roles/characters instead of SLB typea roles, idk, LOL 

Edited by powpow - 3 years ago
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

she is cool! I liked her. But she had one of the most underwhelming debut. Out of all the celeb kids who came out in recent years she is the least known. People forget she even exists

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

A "nepotism kid" - who very cleverly talked about her "privilege" endlessly in order to please the internet trolls. So she has somehow survived their onslaught.

The fact remains, she is only in films because she has famous parents/grandparents.

She was good in Jawaani Jaaneman. Luckily her real name is Alia, not Bhatt, or her career would be over.

When you're a public figure, your personality can make a lot of difference on how the public perceives you. If Alaya F is comfortable and open to acknowledging, critiquing and accepting her privilege in public platforms, it only makes sense that people find her more likeable. 

Even if we assume that she is just trying to cater to public sentiments, it makes her smarter because she could at least read the room better and bothered to address the issue. It shows self-respect, education and care towards how the audience perceives her. Between her and someone like Ananya or Alia, she is a clear winner in the eyes of public. That's the kind of example they need to set instead of being a tone deaf bimbo and pretending to be God's gift to mankind just because they have everyone in the industry in their pocket to sing their praises 24/7. For that reason alone, Alaya F is a lot more palatable despite being a "Nepo kid," a category that comes with a hierarchy of its own but that's a different topic. 

Originally posted by: Rhimjhimsawan

she is cool! I liked her. But she had one of the most underwhelming debut. Out of all the celeb kids who came out in recent years she is the least known. People forget she even exists

True, there are nepo kids, and there are nepo kids. They're not all the same just like not every brown person is the same shade of brown. Alaya F got a good start but she has a long way to go, and let's not forget that no one is waving her in everyone's faces 24/7 as the next "queen" of Bollywood or whatever. It's mostly people who have watched her movie and liked her so far that are talking about her.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: JodhaaBhai

Nothing to excite the audience.  She will fade away fast. 😒

She needs facial reconstructive surgery 😆

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

She needs facial reconstructive surgery 😆

Comments like this make me dizzy. It reflects more on you as a person than this young starlet who is busy making movies+money while you and me are sitting behind our phone screens anonymously judging her. Please try to be nicerxoxo

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Huh! Early days yet. She was OK in Jawani Jaaneman. But nothing about her made me sit up and take notice. Not the way Parineeti's liveliness grabbed my attention in Ladies vs Ricky Behl or Pranutan's quiet intensity did the same in Notebook . But I'll wait and watch. If she knows how to handle the the I-hate-nepokids mob, that's half the battle won. But look at Sara. She started off pretty smartly too.
chingoobean thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

I didn't think much the movie Jawaani Jaaneman, but I liked Alaya F in it - there was something quite calming and soothing about her.