Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Kadu13

Fr if she says no, move on. I really despise dramas like these where they show a guy keep pestering a girl when she clearly isn’t interested. It sets a bad precedent.

I just want this to end asap.

100% that is what really aggravates me the most -- just because basit is in love with her does not mean nimra has to say yes. when she is clearly not interested and does not see him in a romantic light, why are they forcing her? they don't seem interested in hearing her opinion or feeling.

Kadu13 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

100% that is what really aggravates me the most -- just because basit is in love with her does not mean nimra has to say yes. when she is clearly not interested and does not see him in a romantic light, why are they forcing her? they don't seem interested in hearing her opinion or feeling.

You know, it’s so surprising for me to see people support basit in the YouTube comments. Like I just don’t understand how can u support.

mango.falooda thumbnail

You know, it’s so surprising for me to see people support basit in the YouTube comments. Like I just don’t understand how can u support.

same! I am really shocked that there are people who think basit and nimra pairing would be cute. there have been a few comments that have pointed out how terrible basit is and the response is he liked shiza before nimra. well no one forced him to get married to shiza. that was his choice. he could have said 'no' just as shimza refused to allow a rohaan-shiza marriage. if shimza can refuse her own brother, why couldn't basit - a stranger who is not indebted to tufail in anyway - say no? nothing in that story makes sense.

the other comment is that shiza treated him like dirt and therefore, it is okay if he pursues nimra. huh? he basically proved that the psycho was completely right and she wasn't nuts or imaging things. way to go basit -- you just redeemed a disliked character.

another one is that he liked nimra first -- so does that mean he can propose to her after he got divorced? it really looks like he got divorced just so he can marry nimra. what aggravates me is the dialogues -- 'sachha pyaar' and he has 'pure' intentions. hello, you just admitted to that girl while you were married to her stepsister, you had feelings for her. there is nothing pure about that. your 'love' will tear apart a family -- how is that 'saccha pyaar'? and it makes nimra look like the other woman when she has done no wrong. like she said, it is her izzat and reputation that is being destroyed because of basit. even if we keep all of this aside, the simple fact is that nimra is not interested. when a girl is saying no, shouldn't her wishes be respected? I don't even know what to think as the drama is written by a woman.

Edited by mango.falooda - 3 years ago
Kadu13 thumbnail

same! I am really shocked that there are people who think basit and nimra pairing would be cute. there have been a few comments that have pointed out how terrible basit is and the response is he liked shiza before nimra. well no one forced him to get married to shiza. that was his choice. he could have said 'no' just as shimza refused to allow a rohaan-shiza marriage. if shimza can refuse her own brother, why couldn't basit - a stranger who is not indebted to tufail in anyway - say no? nothing in that story makes sense.

the other comment is that shiza treated him like dirt and therefore, it is okay if he pursues nimra. huh? he basically proved that the psycho was completely right and she wasn't nuts or imaging things. way to go basit -- you just redeemed a disliked character.

another one is that he liked nimra first -- so does that mean he can propose to her after he got divorced? it really looks like he got divorced just so he can marry nimra. what aggravates me is the dialogues -- 'sachha pyaar' and he has 'pure' intentions. hello, you just admitted to that girl while you were married to her stepsister, you had feelings for her. there is nothing pure about that. your 'love' will tear apart a family -- how is that 'saccha pyaar'? and it makes nimra look like the other woman when she has done no wrong. like she said, it is her izzat and reputation that is being destroyed because of basit. even if we keep all of this aside, the simple fact is that nimra is not interested. when a girl is saying no, shouldn't her wishes be respected? I don't even know what to think as the drama is written by a woman.

All the writers r the almost the same imo. Specially when they r told to write for channels like ary n geo. They r almost always the most typical garbage. They always put down women for majority of the show n then in the end u might 1 scene of her being happy.

Very rarely do we ever get shows that showcase a strong woman properly. It’s almost always the women is weak n dumb or strong n evil. Like why can’t we have a strong good woman showed?

mango.falooda thumbnail

All the writers r the almost the same imo. Specially when they r told to write for channels like ary n geo. They r almost always the most typical garbage. They always put down women for majority of the show n then in the end u might 1 scene of her being happy.

Very rarely do we ever get shows that showcase a strong woman properly. It’s almost always the women is weak n dumb or strong n evil. Like why can’t we have a strong good woman showed?

yea, I think I will take a break from PK serials after this one. I accidentally ended up watching this one and dunk due to YT recommendations. dunk was good but this serial has turned me off so much that I feel like I need to watch something else to destress. 😔

Kadu13 thumbnail

yea, I think I will take a break from PK serials after this one. I accidentally ended up watching this one and dunk due to YT recommendations. dunk was good but this serial has turned me off so much that I feel like I need to watch something else to destress. 😔

Yea there aren’t many good Pakistani drama’s going on rn. You wouldn’t miss much if u stopped watching for a while. Unless ur a fan of a certain person.

Kadu13 thumbnail

Did u see next episode’s teaser? Basit says, “ mai nimra Kai har faisle ki kadar karta hoon” my foot he does. He woulda walked away from this mess a long time ago if he did. He is just sticking around pressuring her to get married to him.

mango.falooda thumbnail

Did u see next episode’s teaser? Basit says, “ mai nimra Kai har faisle ki kadar karta hoon” my foot he does. He woulda walked away from this mess a long time ago if he did. He is just sticking around pressuring her to get married to him.

he is a villain!!!!! 🤢 it has been such a long time where I have hated a character so much. the funny thing is that he annoys me even more than shiza. I really don't understand how there are people rooting for basit and nimra to get together. no one is paying attention to what she wants. her concerns are dismissed without reason. his bhabi is not the brightest bulb but even she points out the obvious -- how you can give divorce to one sister and ask to marry another? exactly! his idiotic response is that shiza is a stepsister and she doesn't care about nimra. so it makes it alright? yea right!

I strongly feel that if we get a nimra-basit ending -- then the writer needs to get her head examined because she is basically promoting harassment, lack of freedom of choice for women and family squabbles.

Edited by mango.falooda - 3 years ago
dreamstar77 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The premise was really good as in the sense basit really felt in love with Nimrah but as he was an employee didn't think he could ask for her hand in marriage and then I suppose things got dragged and now he is very well respected by the family.

Nimra is so stupid anyway from all her actions and is taking what is presented to her.

I've been watching off and on only because the ost was interesting and the visuals of it.

I know I'm in the minority but I don't see a problem in basit wanting to marry her. His always wanted to protect her and never took advantage of her. Never told her his true feelings which from the start were about him liking her. It wasnt like he liked her in a creepy way like that jalan drama or anything either.

In our mazhab they can marry so what is the harm.

Problem is its a toxic show and going around in circles.

I've seen worse shows and relationships.

Anyway thought I'd give my two cents.

On side note I'm glad I watch shows based on what I like lol in as much as I like reading the reviews some can be so off putting that it puts one off but I'm glad I also look at other reviews too.

Edited by dreamstar77 - 3 years ago
Kadu13 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dreamstar77

The premise was really good as in the sense basit really felt in love with Nimrah but as he was an employee didn't think he could ask for her hand in marriage and then I suppose things got dragged and now he is very well respected by the family.

Nimra is so stupid anyway from all her actions and is taking what is presented to her.

I've been watching off and on only because the ost was interesting and the visuals of it.

I know I'm in the minority but I don't see a problem in basit wanting to marry her. His always wanted to protect her and never took advantage of her. Never told her his true feelings which from the start were about him liking her. It wasnt like he liked her in a creepy way like that jalan drama or anything either.

In our mazhab they can marry so what is the harm.

Problem is its a toxic show and going around in circles.

I've seen worse shows and relationships.

Anyway thought I'd give my two cents.

On side note I'm glad I watch shows based on what I like lol in as much as I like reading the reviews some can be so off putting that it puts one off but I'm glad I also look at other reviews too.

It’s always good to hear different perspectives on things but keep an open mind, like you do. I do feel I can get biased on something’s based on wat I read abt it.

As for basit n nimra the problem for me is not whether it is allowed or not in the religion. It’s that, clearly nimra doesn’t want it but for almost 2 weeks worth of episodes, she is being pestered to marry basit as if he is the only who can protect her in this world from shiza, whether that be from rohaan or shamsa or basit or now tufail. This sends a bad message that even if a girl says no just bother her enough to get a yes.

As for basit being the only one that can protect her according to the people in the show, that is certainly not the case, they have shown many people who have helped n protected nimra. Basit is certainly not her only source of protection. Look at Faisal, he has been always there to protect her, he is the one saved her from her father, from shiza when she was gonna hand nimra off to her father again, he likes nimra but he never uttered a single word of that sort to her ever. In fact, I would even suggest Basit being there with nimra causes nnimra a lot of problems too.

Basit made a promise to almas that he will protect nimra, but that doesn’t mean he has marry her to protect her. He can still be her guardian angel without marrying her. I understand why he would ask her to marry him. He loves her and has from the start but when she says no, he should move on.