Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kaya65 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: zara321

and that would have again proved that ranveer is no big insider that has the safety net of a famous family name, if ranveer had done BV his career would have been over, he cannot afford a disaster, whereas ranbir can have disaster and still get offered the best films 

about what movies are you talking?

movies that ranbir signed after BV

Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (was in talks before the release of BV)

Sanju - RKH had worked with ihm in Pk (2014) and wanted only him for Sanju

Jagga Jasoos (producer)

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Kaya65

about what movies are you talking?

movies that ranbir signed after BV

Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (was in talks before the release of BV)

Sanju - RKH had worked with ihm in Pk (2014) and wanted only him for Sanju

Jagga Jasoos (producer)

i am not denying rk is very talented, he deserves the praise he gets for his performances, but we can't deny that his family name has worked in his favour, even after flops like besharam, Roy, BV, Tamasha he still gets offered the biggest films with big directors, and rk has not denied that nepotism has worked in his favour aswell 

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

i'm not trying hard, all of these producers and directors are saying themselves what ranveer had to go through, i am just simply posting it here. Anurag described it as Ranveer's struggle, you are free to believe him or not 

This is not struggle but entitlement.. expecting producers to spend huge lumsums who hasn't proved his mettle is ridiculous.. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

This is not struggle but entitlement.. expecting producers to spend huge lumsums who hasn't proved his mettle is ridiculous.. 

Poor People think they are entitled to rich peoples money

Learned it last 3 months ðŸ˜†

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

how is it entitlement when the director of the film has told you he wants to cast you in the film? When the director shows an actor that they believe in their talent and can do justice to a role then obviously that actor expects they are going to get cast in it, any actor would feel that way 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

i am not denying rk is very talented, he deserves the praise he gets for his performances, but we can't deny that his family name has worked in his favour, even after flops like besharam, Roy, BV, Tamasha he still gets offered the biggest films with big directors, and rk has not denied that nepotism has worked in his favour aswell 

RK and his role grabbing should be a punishable offence  

Kaya65 thumbnail

Yes of course nepotism helped him to get a big launch but afterwards it was his talent and hard work. You cant say that he got BV because his surname.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

how is it entitlement when the director of the film has told you he wants to cast you in the film? When the director shows an actor that they believe in their talent and can do justice to a role then obviously that actor expects they are going to get cast in it, any actor would feel that way 

But the higher ups didnt take him. It happens to everyone. Ranveer went and ruled. Shows his spirit 

Kaya65 thumbnail

He wanted 90crs and i think it is totally unstandable that the producers werent willing to put so much money on a newcomer (no matter how talented the person is).

"Bombay Velvet was expensive from the beginning. It is the most tight budget film of my career. It is a Rs 300 crore movie that we have made into Rs 90 crore. I wanted someone who was not only a good actor but also made it possible for me to raise that kind of money," Mr Kashyap told PTI.

"My first choice when I wrote the film in 2006 was Saif Ali Khan. From there it went to Aamir and Hrithik. This film has gone around before landing with Ranbir. We also tried to make it with Ranveer Singh but we could raise only Rs 40 to 50 crore," he added.

Edited by Kaya65 - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kaya65

He wanted 90crs and i think it is totally unstandable that the producers werent willing to put so much money on a newcomer (not matter how talented the person is).

No he shouldve asked Sushant ðŸ˜†