Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bakhtaavar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

If katrina was the first choice of Dear zindagi then surely it isnt the case of an untalented star kid ousting a talented outsider 😆 .the movie got saved in fact from being a comedy

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: bakhtaavar

If katrina was the first choice of Dear zindagi then surely it isnt the case of an untalented star kid ousting a talented outsider 😆 .the movie got saved in fact from being a comedy

Katrina is too puffy as it is 😆

HakunaMatata. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

For me, nepotism isn't an issue till it is under control. We do have really talented star kids as well who dont take their privilege for granted. We cant deny that they do have certain aura and they are groomed from the very beginning to be a part of this world. What I want is that they should hone their craft as well for which they will be actually cast in movies. Most of them don't have any acting background.. no going to film schools, no theater experience, no auditions.. nothing.. At least make it look like u slogged for it.. Most of them these days come straight dropping out of school or college. Mummy Pappa unko leke har producer ke paas pohoch jaate hai(and why is it more often than not KJo). Max they would do is join dance classes or gym. This is their preparation. Even though KJo claims that he auditioned for Alia's role in SOTY, I refuse to believe that there was no one better than her at that point. He literally made her lose weight and groomed her for that movie. Would we have invested that much time on an outsider? Even though Alia was heavily criticised for SOTY, KJO literally got her Imitiaz's(who was in demand that time) muvi riding on her back. Randeep did better than her in that muvi, but still as always he was robbed off the appreciation. I dont remember when was the last time any other actress recieved Fimfare award for best actress when Alia was also in the same category.. Do we really have had no one better than her in all these years?

Its not just snatching roles from others, but the way she is being hailed by the industry insiders.. I agree she is a good actress, but the way KJo and his gang are trying to put her on a pedestal seems so manipulative to me. Every big project goes her way first.. if Queen Alia rejects it then bakiyo ke karam hai.. but that also doesnt happen.. she literally keeps all the good roles with her even if her schedule is super tight. She can let go some of them but no... I am really tired of watching her in every other big muvi these days.. same like how I am tired of listening to Arijit in every other song... Dusron ko bhi chance do yaar.. hume bhi variety mil jayegi..

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

As I said maybe I compared at the two week mark or checked them both at the wrong time. But Chichore was a better film than Gullyboy and Kabir Singh. That .1 difference Rajive and others like Komal Natha could have made.

Sorry but you tried to make it like Chichorre was much bigger hit and much more critically acclaimed than GullyBoy, which is not the case. Now you are just coming up with excuses, chalo box office, I can say you mistook, but now when I gave you numbers for critical reception, you are coming up with excuses like Rajeev made difference and Komal Nahta(he doesn't give stars) made the difference and so on.

See even I belief Chichhore was better than Gully Boy, but you are making it like, Chicchore was indisputably better than most of the movies which is the not the case. It wasn't the best rated movie of the year, neither the most watched. nor the biggest grosser.

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

Sorry but you tried to make it like Chichorre was much bigger hit and much more critically acclaimed than GullyBoy, which is not the case. Now you are just coming up with excuses, chalo box office, I can say you mistook, but now when I gave you numbers for critical reception, you are coming up with excuses like Rajeev made difference and Komal Nahta(he doesn't give stars) made the difference and so on.

See even I belief Chichhore was better than Gully Boy, but you are making it like, Chicchore was indisputably better than most of the movies which is the not the case. It wasn't the best rated movie of the year, neither the most watched. nor the biggest grosser.

While likes & dislikes are subjective, IMO the best way to draw a comparison between films as far as reception by audience is concerned is through trending. If I am not wrong Gully Boy was a Valentine Solo release with around 18-19 Cr opening did approx130 Cr, while Chichore clashing with another 100Cr grosser Dream Girl went on to do almost 160 Cr despite a 7-8Cr opening. So correct me if I am wrong but I believe Chichore was indeed the biggest Sleeper hit of the year (not counting Kabir Singh coz thats whole different can of worms)

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: pathaka

More than twice? 😳

Kab?

it barely made 20 crores more than gb and that to in India. How is that more than double?
source : https://boxofficeindia.com/years.php?year=2019&pageId=4
And gb had higher overseas collections by a mile beating it out overall .
Also using the above logic, uri and kabir Singh should have won hands down c

..both were blockbusters and had strong lead performances and both Vicky and shahid carried the films...

Chhichhore had far lesser screens than Gullyboy...far lesser opening ...Gully boy had better critic reviews but Chhichhore had solid trending.Gully boy started dipping from the second week only. There are many BOI articles about Chhichhore's trending even in its 3rd- 4th week.

Its actually sad - Chhichhore and Dreamgirl both had better audience acceptance, way better acceptance on TV too but somehow Gullyboy enjoyed the so called loved film of the year honour in media talk.

Edited by LiveEatLove - 4 years ago
TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I agree with you here. If one looks at Alia's filmography they had easily know, she's just had everything easily on the platter served to her. Probably the only struggle she's had is maybe losing weight. Undoubtedly she is the most benefited star kid in the current lot. Sonam comes no were close. Also snatching opportunities is a new low. Akshay does whatever movies that comes his way, similarly Alia grabs every opportunity that may or may not have been offered to her initially from dharma productions. I think this completely unfair and an unhealthy competition.

Like you said Dharma Productions aka her un-biological daddykins produces films every year exclusively for her. Since 2012- Present, every year she's had majority of her films from the Dharma banner. Her other films are all again from top notch production houses like YashRaj, Balaji, or the likes. No outsider can ever dream of such a filmography. Her filmography only comprises of movies from big banners, big production houses, and directors. Can a Tapsee, Bhumi or Radhika ever dream of getting such huge contracts despite being more talented than mediocre Alia? Atleast in the 90's this wasn't the case, BWOOD was mostly ruled by outsiders like Madhuri, Sridevi, Juhi who were supremely talented. You did have starkids like Kajol who again was immensely talented. It was a fair and healthy competition unlike what's happening today.

Siddharth Chaturvedi was right when he said "The difference is jahaan humare sapne poore hote hain, wahi inka struggle shuru hota hai (their struggle begins where our dreams are fulfilled)."

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: CLOBBER

While likes & dislikes are subjective, IMO the best way to draw a comparison, between films as far as reception by audience is concerned is through trending. If I am not wrong Gully Boy was a Valentine Solo release with around 18-19 Cr opening did approx130 Cr, while Chichore clashing with another 100Cr grosser Dream Girl went on to do almost 160 Cr despite a 7-8Cr opening. So correct me if I am wrong but I believe Chichore was indeed the biggest Sleeper hit of the year (not counting Kabir Singh coz thats whole different can of worms)

Chichhore obviously had a better WOM and was more liked by the audience, as Gully Boy just rode on Ranveer and Alia's popularity. Because Gully Boy as a movie was more towards the European director movies as BOI says, while Chicchore was more entertaining and desi with beautiful message style. See the thing is grumpydrawf was exaggerating, and I was just replying to that point. Gully Boy wasn't the undisputed best movie nor was Chicchore, point is both movies got audience of different kinds, and were hits. Gully Boy is getting the hate because of its massive overrating(like sending it to Oscars, giving every award to it during Filmfares) but it was no way a bad movie. Which is the point we are making. It is similar to the hatred that Titanic gets among Hollywood internet audience, no way Titanic was a bad movie, but it wasn't worthy of so many awards.