Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

Maybe if I understood Marathi movies I would. I watched Sairat with sub titles. I must say I liked it much better than Dhadak. It is not that I wouldn't like to. Ill stick to Hollywood. I know its not perfect. But at least bullies like Harvey Weinstein are held accountable. And they still audition established stars to see who is the best fit for the character. In Bollywood lobbying is done for roles by surname.

You can find them with subtitles. For sairat they literally hunted for fresh faces to be cast. I remember back in 2004 when shwas made it to oscars they didn’t even have the funds to promote it. Many Marathis helped raise funds for it.

My mom used to watch Marathi movies a lot and I can understand the language now thanks to her 😂

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

You can find them with subtitles. For sairat they literally hunted for fresh faces to be cast. I remember back in 2004 when shwas made it to oscars they didn’t even have the funds to promote it. Many Marathis helped raise funds for it.

My mom used to watch Marathi movies a lot and I can understand the language now thanks to her 😂

Lol I understand Hindi and Punjabi thnx to the movies. If there some excellent recommendations please give them to me. Is nepotism prevalent ? Or do movies run on talent? I want to direct it back to the topic maker's original intent. I feel so bad that people came and digressed the topic.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Kangna has won awards like Indian of the year and Padmashri 😱 I didn’t know that.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Lol I understand Hindi and Punjabi thnx to the movies. If there some excellent recommendations please give them to me. Is nepotism prevalent ? Or do movies run on talent? I want to direct it back to the topic maker's original intent. I feel so bad that people came and digressed the topic.

Talent, you will see many familiar faces from Bollywood too though.

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Um Chichore made more than twice the money as Gully Boy. It should have been a clean sweep if we are talking about the combination of box office success and critical acclaim. That is what made Dangal go for the clean sweep. It had even bigger box office collection. But still.

And it was original !

More than twice? 😳

Kab?

it barely made 20 crores more than gb and that to in India. How is that more than double?
source : https://boxofficeindia.com/years.php?year=2019&pageId=4
And gb had higher overseas collections by a mile beating it out overall .
Also using the above logic, uri and kabir Singh should have won hands down c

..both were blockbusters and had strong lead performances and both Vicky and shahid carried the films...

Edited by pathaka - 4 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Talent, you will see many familiar faces from Bollywood too though.

Ok I will give Marathi movies a try. Honest question, who do you think is more of the source of the problem in terms of nepotism in Bollywood? Sonam or Alia.

Originally posted by: pathaka

More than twice? 😳

Kab?

it barely made 20 crores more than gb and that to in India. How is that more than double?

..both were blockbusters and had strong lead performances and both Vicky and shahid carried the films...

oops 😆

Word Count: 1

1169321 thumbnail

Sonam had Neerja and ELKDTAL

She ruined both movies, Alia was good in Dear Zindagi

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Um Chichore made more than twice the money as Gully Boy. It should have been a clean sweep if we are talking about the combination of box office success and critical acclaim. That is what made Dangal go for the clean sweep. It had even bigger box office collection. But still.

And it was original !

How did Chichorre made more than twice of Gully Boy?

GullyBoy made 134 crores in India and $10,250,000 overseas. Average critics rating: 3.6 out of 5.

Chichorre made 147 crores (BOI) or 150 crores (producer figure) and overseas $4,350,000. Critics average rating: 3.5 out of 5.

And if we are talking about box office and critics, than Kabir Singh made 276 crores in india and $6,950,000 overseas. Plus its critics rating is 3 on 5 in average.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: pathaka

More than twice? 😳

Kab?

Maybe I checked the wrong sources or compared both films at the wrong time. It still made more than 20 crore more. That is still a lot. I am not interested in continuing this because as I said I was scared of the conversation being digressed as an effort to save Alia and it did. I did check the wrong source or compare both films at the wrong time.