Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

Yeah but if she was an outsider would she still be getting chances ? After atrocious performance after atrocious performance?

Yeah Sid Malhotra still around so

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

How is Ranveer winning okay? Was he unanimously proven to be better than Shahid in Kabir Singh or AB Sr in Badla or Hrithik in Super30 or Ayushmann in Dream girl or Sushant in Sonchiraiya?

I don't see Ranveer getting any best actor award in public forums and public polls, it is Shahid who won majority of these, and than were Hrithik and Ayushmann. Ranveer hardly had any public approval for his role, people can change the narrative as much as they want but Alia, Siddhant and Vijay Verma/Vijay Raaz were more talked about them post the movie releases.

Yes the so called critics, were like since KS was a misogynist movie, Shahid should be banned from discussion.

Ranveer was good, and while I think Shahid should have won, but still I don't have any issue with him winning, but let's not make it like, if we are talking about fairness, than his win was fair, when there were performances which were better.

The reason Shahid was winning in forums is because the Indian audience has always had a thing for alpha males and always will. You can maybe argue it was a complex character. But it def wasn’t a good film.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Yeah Sid Malhotra still around so

Is he he getting title roles or biopics? Has he been around as long as Sonam?

Edited by grumpydwarf - 4 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Is he herringbone title roles or biopics? Has he been around as long as Sonam?

I don’t know Sonam has occasional success. I don’t know if Sid has had it since Obamacare 😆

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

How is Ranveer winning okay? Was he unanimously proven to be better than Shahid in Kabir Singh or AB Sr in Badla or Hrithik in Super30 or Ayushmann in Dream girl or Sushant in Sonchiraiya?

I don't see Ranveer getting any best actor award in public forums and public polls, it is Shahid who won majority of these, and than were Hrithik and Ayushmann. Ranveer hardly had any public approval for his role, people can change the narrative as much as they want but Alia, Siddhant and Vijay Verma/Vijay Raaz were more talked about them post the movie releases.

Yes the so called critics, were like since KS was a misogynist movie, Shahid should be banned from discussion.

Ranveer was good, and while I think Shahid should have won, but still I don't have any issue with him winning, but let's not make it like, if we are talking about fairness, than his win was fair, when there were performances which were better.

Absolutely....or Hritik in Super 30....both these performances were better than all the others.....Shahid lost out because of the problematic subject of the movie.....and don;t know what happened with Hritik.🤔

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I don’t know Sonam has occasional success. I don’t know if Sid has had it since Obamacare 😆

Why do you think that is? Their both equally terrible in terms of acting.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Why do think that is? Their both equally terrible in terms of acting.

Sonam is entertaining. Sid is like a tree 🌲 😆

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

IMO.. based on good film content, box office success, and great acting I thought it should have been Sushant. But people for so focused on his bad aging makeup for his acting to be noticed. Anyways the conversation has digressed from whether Sonam or Alia is more problematic.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

The reason Shahid was winning in forums is because the Indian audience has always had a thing for alpha males and always will. You can maybe argue it was a complex character. But it def wasn’t a good film.

It doesn't matter you liked Kabir Singh or hated it, but technically it was a good movie. You can't find fault in it, apart from its long duration, still that didn't made the movie lagging, screenplay despite the long time was engaging. People can have problem with some of the scenes and how things went through and it disgusted them. But to say Kabir Singh was a bad movie technically, nah that is being too idealistic.

And Shahid acted brilliantly, why take it away from it, just because movie was misogynist.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

I don’t think it was a good content driven film. It wasn’t. I thought there were better performances too.