Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Enlightened21 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I had prepared the below comment as a separate post, to share what EK achieved with the twist. But then, when i read through your post, I thought it would be better to post it here. 

If we can keep the reasons for justification like good intentions, creative liberty and love for Anu aside, it is easy to understand why EK brought this twist and how the CVs have played it out to prove that  EK's iconic characters are the smartest ones.

Anu threw Prerna off the bridge (which could have been lethal) to save her from lifetime imprisonment or getting hanged (that too keeping a blind eye to the fact that she had many points to be raised as defence). What is the logic in this? None. But then, who looks at the logic, as long as EK was only bothered about giving her iconic character 'a dashing entry'. A perfect example of pulling someone down to uplift our favorite.

Anu decided to let go off Prerna to ensure that she is safe and sound. In return he subjected himself and his own family to Komo's torture all these years. For what? For Prerna’s safety. And why is Prerna back? To take revenge on this very same Anu who along with his family is living the life of slaves under Queen Komo. Does that sound exciting? Not at all. And, incase Basus get bankrupt as a result of Prerna’s revenge, Komo for sure will go back to being a Chaubey. Did she loose anything? No.

At the end, Anu the one who did the sacrifice and Prerna the one who was the victim of the sacrifice is going to end up looking like fools, while they are the ones who lost everything. For what? For nothing other than the fact that EK wanted her ego to win.
By now it should be understood that through out the show, AnuPre are going to be dumb forever and only the antagonists will get what they want. So, we are the ones to decide whether we have to sit through such shows which convey messages that, being cunning, shrewd & selfish is fine and that a grave situation like throwing a woman off the bridge is just shown as a simple thing, just because it served EK's dual purpose of maligning Anu's name while paving the way for her favorite character's entry. Anyway, for me, not even Parica's chemistry can now save this show. 

Edited by grace4317 - 4 years ago
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: opsora2090

Ab Sare umeede bajaj pe hai .. CV bass ek hi kam ab kar sakte hai to save anurag only by rotating the whole scenario to bajaj's action. 

just like , the way they once desperately  covered up anurag's planned accident where he Tried to  traumatize prerna , on that case CV deliberately rotated the full attention towards bajaj's intention n highlighted him as villain where the main sinner was Anurag on that case ... 

toh once again for covering up anurag's sin , cv will have  to demolish someone else 's image .. otherwise no way to save anurag's image . 

but phirbhi itna sab kuch karke bhi Anurag's action has no justification at all .. kisi aur kay karnamo , even komo ka karnamo bhi anurag's action ko justify nei kar sakte .

Oh yeah! 😆

To precede a laughable chunri reunion promo they glossed over the genius scheme under which A intentionally came in front of RB's car and we saw the shift of focus from the former's intellect (or the lack of it) to RB's loss of patience. 😆

However, the shift of focus gave us a breathtaking performance by KSG as Rishabh Bajaj. 

Soanz.19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Oh yeah! 😆

To precede a laughable chunri reunion promo they glossed over the genius scheme under which A intentionally came in front of RB's car and we saw the shift of focus from the former's intellect (or the lack of it) to RB's loss of patience. 😆

However, the shift of focus gave us a breathtaking performance by KSG as Rishabh Bajaj. 

Who can forget his "Then Die Basu"😈😈

BombayGirl10 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hope4u

Just out of curiosity, is this your first ITV show?? 

The reason Im asking is because getting to the meat and bones of things, as you said, really understanding the character, staying true and then writing a tight script and storyline while staying true to those very characters is something that most ITV shows are not known for. It is a fact, however much it maybe tough to believe ; kzk is not alone in its half baked, lazy writing and execution, in fact, it's not even the worst out there. 

Anyway coming to your point, there is a fundamental problem in the way a show such as this is conceptualized, in that, this very format is not suited for a daily soap which runs over many years. A format which wants to show the lead characters never staying together requires a certain "butchering", if you will, of the core character traits in order to sell a narrative where the two lovers are separated time and again by forces out of their control. You cannot sell this, if you do not commit something  akin to creative suicide or kill your characters because the necessary drama quotient, required in such a long running daily soap will simply not be fulfilled if there is anything remotely resembling continuity, character traits or even logic. 

The second most important point is the audience that this show is largely catering to. What remains the fact is that this show is not catering to the handful of people we see here in this forum or even online. We people, regardless of the Fandom, spend so much time dissecting every dialogue, every foreshadowing we may or may not see, trying to bend the narrative according to what we like or who our favorite is. This show is not for us. The show is for a population who watches this as one among many, probably as something which runs in the background while they're busy with cooking their evening meals or some other activities. It's just watch and forget entertainment. So drama, evil winning over good repeatedly until ultimately good triumphs, love which faces trials and still persists, a dramatic love where one repeatedly sacrifices for the other is accepted and largely welcomed. There's a reason the narrative is following this trend. Because the ML who loved and still loves the FL and sacrifices for her is accepted and welcomed. How sensible was his sacrifice, whether it stayed true to his character or not is not going to be addressed because those are questions which are being raised here, by us. These are not questions raised by the majority of the viewers and neither is the show attempting to answer it. Anurag is the Male lead, more importantly he is one half of the principle couple about whom the show is, the couple that the audience has invested better part of a year and a half in, so the narrative will go in the direction of keeping the audience sympathy with him, while giving the necessary doses of drama required to grab the eyeballs. Character traits, continuity and logic are collateral damages here. 

Finally, anurag fighting to save the relationship. Honestly I don't see it happening here. Because as per the current story, anurag took these drastic measures so that prerna will have a better life far away from him. He knows as long as she is near him, komolika will not let her live. And prerna will never leave anurag, unless he kills her very heart and soul, because that's how deep her love for him goes. Going by that, if he fights to bring her back in his life now, that kind of goes against all that he has done all these years. 🤷🏾‍♀️ The only way I see that happening is if Anurag comes to know that Bajaj has had a big role to play here, and he is not what he appears to be. 

💯💯 You said it all Hope.

Just few days of break from IF and stories and you just feel like this is like any other normal serial where there is drama there is pain but you stop thinking  about whatif about characters the minute you switch off or switch channel. You just watch it as it flows and think oh ya anu is in this situation and pre is in this situation and komo is doing this lets see what happens how this kid is going to meet her parents etc etc story end for that day.

BombayGirl10 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: opsora2090

Ab Sare umeede bajaj pe hai .. CV bass ek hi kam ab kar sakte hai to save anurag only by rotating the whole scenario to bajaj's action. 

just like , the way they once desperately  covered up anurag's planned accident where he Tried to  traumatize prerna , on that case CV deliberately rotated the full attention towards bajaj's intention n highlighted him as villain where the main sinner was Anurag on that case ... 

toh once again for covering up anurag's sin , cv will have  to demolish someone else 's image .. otherwise no way to save anurag's image . 

but phirbhi itna sab kuch karke bhi Anurag's action has no justification at all .. kisi aur kay karnamo , even komo ka karnamo bhi anurag's action ko justify nei kar sakte .

This is call proper use of loopholes 😆. The minute they decided to give those very loopholes after leap its pretty clear they are not sure what they are doing so keeping all doors open. Which one they will use to draw TRP is yet to seen. KZK makers are known for showing things which normal makers can never do go against all odds and challenge all the audiance in turn 😆.

K-Shandra thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nailah_EjFian

Can he give Prerna and Sneha their first 8 years back? 

If they do shake him out of the supposed daydream, in which he is picturing a worse case scenario, it will be before he tossed her off the bridge - where Komolika is dictating his options to him. They haven't actually even done that... so perhaps they kept the back door open on that one. 

So to answer your question - yes they can. It will restart the whole track that way (so science fictiony - I know the latter is not a word). 

K-Shandra thumbnail

Just out of curiosity, is this your first ITV show?? 

Um, no, it's not. But the senseless drama is what caused me to stop watching Geet, Kulfi, Inseparables, and quite a few others.... I just expected more from Kasautii. The only series I finished was Iss Pyaar - and even then I both loved and hated Khushi.

The reason Im asking is because getting to the meat and bones of things, as you said, really understanding the character, staying true and then writing a tight script and storyline while staying true to those very characters is something that most ITV shows are not known for. It is a fact, however much it maybe tough to believe ; kzk is not alone in its half baked, lazy writing and execution, in fact, it's not even the worst out there. 

From a creative POV, as I am a creative person who expects more from creatives and that they at least make sense of something.... and considering this was a remake... let's not go there - I have other things to do today.

Anyway coming to your point, there is a fundamental problem in the way a show such as this is conceptualized, in that, this very format is not suited for a daily soap which runs over many years. A format which wants to show the lead characters never staying together requires a certain "butchering", if you will, of the core character traits in order to sell a narrative where the two lovers are separated time and again by forces out of their control. You cannot sell this, if you do not commit something  akin to creative suicide or kill your characters because the necessary drama quotient, required in such a long running daily soap will simply not be fulfilled if there is anything remotely resembling continuity, character traits or even logic. 

The second most important point is the audience that this show is largely catering to. What remains the fact is that this show is not catering to the handful of people we see here in this forum or even online. We people, regardless of the Fandom, spend so much time dissecting every dialogue, every foreshadowing we may or may not see, trying to bend the narrative according to what we like or who our favorite is. This show is not for us. The show is for a population who watches this as one among many, probably as something which runs in the background while they're busy with cooking their evening meals or some other activities. It's just watch and forget entertainment. So drama, evil winning over good repeatedly until ultimately good triumphs, love which faces trials and still persists, a dramatic love where one repeatedly sacrifices for the other is accepted and largely welcomed. There's a reason the narrative is following this trend. Because the ML who loved and still loves the FL and sacrifices for her is accepted and welcomed. How sensible was his sacrifice, whether it stayed true to his character or not is not going to be addressed because those are questions which are being raised here, by us. These are not questions raised by the majority of the viewers and neither is the show attempting to answer it. Anurag is the Male lead, more importantly he is one half of the principle couple about whom the show is, the couple that the audience has invested better part of a year and a half in, so the narrative will go in the direction of keeping the audience sympathy with him, while giving the necessary doses of drama required to grab the eyeballs. Character traits, continuity and logic are collateral damages here. 

Finally, anurag fighting to save the relationship. Honestly I don't see it happening here. Because as per the current story, anurag took these drastic measures so that prerna will have a better life far away from him. He knows as long as she is near him, komolika will not let her live. And prerna will never leave anurag, unless he kills her very heart and soul, because that's how deep her love for him goes. Going by that, if he fights to bring her back in his life now, that kind of goes against all that he has done all these years. 🤷🏾‍♀️ The only way I see that happening is if Anurag comes to know that Bajaj has had a big role to play here, and he is not what he appears to be. 

Not gonna break this up into several sections...

I have over recent weeks come to the conclusion that Kausautii writers don't utilize a storyweave - which is needed to keep the main storyline, characters and character growth straight. And if you have something that will run into years you need a storyweave to identify tracks and treads left untied (because you can always come back to them.) That is why the sudden changes of tracks and character ooc moments are so obvious. A good creative can turn a good character bad and vice versa at any time - without disrupting the storyline or storyflow. It just requires planning not butchering. Anything can be validated, given the correct foreshadowing and circumstances. It usually starts with the question - what will it take for that person to do or become (whatever)? And then work from that point forward or backwards as needed. 

AS to the audience... I believe, both as a creative and an individual, to respect my audience. That means respect the fact that they have a brain and are capable of logic reasoning. This is ITV. So I don't expect the same level of attention to detail I would from international shows - but I really don't think it is cool to depict the very people the common man relies on to maintain law and order as less than capable. So audience considerations, to me, is a poor excuse. The audience a show has is directly related to the quality of content the show has. The younger viewers of today are far more savvy than they wee ten years ago - they have higher levels of expectation,  would want that expectation to be met at least.  

As far as love and the leads are concerned - I would need a post on that alone, since the depictions on screen and requirements from creatives are driven by social circumstances and opinions - and that is far too complex to go into here. 

As for Anurag fighting for his love... that would be the Anurag we want to see...

Sadly Bajaj will be the one who get tossed under the bus as i see the creatives turning the cards on him and depicting him as the one responsible for separating Sneha and Prerna. Anurag is being made to look the victim so we'll be more likely to forgive him. 

And as a creative I cringe at it all - because I don't believe that one should manipulate an audience like this.  

K-Shandra thumbnail

Originally posted by: grace4317

I had prepared the below comment as a separate post, to share what EK achieved with the twist. But then, when i read through your post, I thought it would be better to post it here. 

If we can keep the reasons for justification like good intentions, creative liberty and love for Anu aside, it is easy to understand why EK brought this twist and how the CVs have played it out to prove that  EK's iconic characters are the smartest ones.

Anu threw Prerna off the bridge (which could have been lethal) to save her from lifetime imprisonment or getting hanged (that too keeping a blind eye to the fact that she had many points to be raised as defence). What is the logic in this? None. But then, who looks at the logic, as long as EK was only bothered about giving her iconic character 'a dashing entry'. A perfect example of pulling someone down to uplift our favorite.

Anu decided to let go off Prerna to ensure that she is safe and sound. In return he subjected himself and his own family to Komo's torture all these years. For what? For Prerna’s safety. And why is Prerna back? To take revenge on this very same Anu who along with his family is living the life of slaves under Queen Komo. Does that sound exciting? Not at all. And, incase Basus get bankrupt as a result of Prerna’s revenge, Komo for sure will go back to being a Chaubey. Did she loose anything? No.

At the end, Anu the one who did the sacrifice and Prerna the one who was the victim of the sacrifice is going to end up looking like fools, while they are the ones who lost everything. For what? For nothing other than the fact that EK wanted her ego to win.
By now it should be understood that through out the show, AnuPre are going to be dumb forever and only the antagonists will get what they want. So, we are the ones to decide whether we have to sit through such shows which convey messages that, being cunning, shrewd & selfish is fine and that a grave situation like throwing a woman off the bridge is just shown as a simple thing, just because it served EK's dual purpose of maligning Anu's name while paving the way for her favorite character's entry. Anyway, for me, not even Parica's chemistry can now save this show. 

WOW! okay I don't analyze this deep, I look at things from a believable and creative viewpoint. I try to keep creative's egos out of the equation - because I know there are some really BIG egos out there.  

No matter what validation they use for character's actions, the ultimate litmus test is that of "believe-ability" from the fans and audience. As a creative you can at any time pull or push any character as you need them, which is why we give each other the space to do it in. But this time round they rushed the introduction of characters and butchered many even before the track properly started . 

As I said before there was a very small window of opportunity in this where they could have made it believable (without needing to reassure the audiences on social media) and the audience would have bought it. But they missed it in their attempt to whitewash (read weaken) Anurag to beyond the point of redemption. 

What the Egos above need to realize is that the current generation of viewers need strong, independent thinking  and savvy characters, and if you don't give them that then your TRPs will fall. 

K-Shandra thumbnail

Originally posted by: moniloveanupre

i know we dont want to see this anurag who surrender to fate & doing nothing 

but my question is  we will forgive if he choose to fight kom & pre go to jail even for one day & cp brutally killed by kom 

no  than  we said dekho anu ne sacrifice nahi kiya 

my  point  is  in all these 4 month he saw how dangerous kom is & he surrender i dont find  anything worng in this .& he did what he thought ok to save his faimly 

everybody frustrated why  he lived with kom & not did anything after that 😵

aur mai bol rahi  chahe  kitna prelika dikha le  2 se jayda trp  nahi hogi

anu has to fight  khair  cvs te dikhana hi nahi chahte

None of us want to see this.

I did a post a while back where I pointed out the likelihood of CCTV footage at a clifftop... Google must have helped. But edited video footage is not accepted in court and the same footage will show Prerna as forced. So at most it will be culpable homicide under aggravated circumstances (self defense) and she can get off for that - Anurag should just have done some research  and it would have made quite a dramatic storyline with Prerna facing prison and Anurag needing to cope with it and Sneha... 

Considering how disjointed everything is and the holes in the storyline continuity, I could easily accept that it is just Anurag's mind coming up with a worse case scenario. Also remember going after money is more something Anurag would do not Prerna.

The whole track smacks of the first Komolika track where Prerna had to "save" the Basus from Komolika (with Anurag being "helpless" to help even though it was his decision) remove the bridge incident and Sneha and you're back to square one.     

ShivSaan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: K-Shandra

If they do shake him out of the supposed daydream, in which he is picturing a worse case scenario, it will be before he tossed her off the bridge - where Komolika is dictating his options to him. They haven't actually even done that... so perhaps they kept the back door open on that one. 

So to answer your question - yes they can. It will restart the whole track that way (so science fictiony - I know the latter is not a word). 

If this is a supposed dream..,  then a crucial question needs to be asked to Anurag, that why he dreams Bajaj in his most sexy avtaar, without a shirt and dripping wet.😉😆