Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Or drowned in alcohol.

There was supposed to be hope and a happy ending for HS. The hell kinda message is that? Jo insaan logo ko bas deta gaya, uski zindagi mein sirf maut likhi hai? Koi khushi nayi?

Exactly. Widowed people would never remarry if they saw this. It was bad enough that he had to suffer after Imarti but at least he could say she was gone from this world. But Minnie? She is alive and still out of reach. Hadh hai yaar!

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: inlieu

That was terrible. No wonder NB has lost her patience with Babita and now even with HS for not stopping her. 

@bold, his mother, Imarti, and now Minnie - all have come with a timer in his life. This is just so so sad. 

I really wish HS had stuck to what he'd told NB and maintained his separate relation with Minnie. This heartache could have been avoided.

Just think about it.

All the important roles that a woman is supposed to play in someone's life have had an expiration date: mother, wife and daughter.

He's had stand ins in the form of Naeem Bi, Babita and Arya, but they will never compare or come close to what he originally had.

I know we've talked about Naeem Bi being HS' mom, but I feel like even she has failed him in some way. If it truly had been his maiyyi, then he would've been able to freely speak whatever was running through his heart and head.

asmaanixx thumbnail

Exactly. Widowed people would never remarry if they saw this. It was bad enough that he had to suffer after Imarti but at least he could say she was gone from this world. But Minnie? She is alive and still out of reach. Hadh hai yaar!

Even without the daughter angle, Babita is not a fit wife for him. She has never once shown any attention to his feelings or heartache. Heck, has she ever shown interest to him as a person? There was the one time when she dictated the letter for him, what about afterwards? If not Imarti, then what about his mom? Or his dad or his grandfather?

inlieu thumbnail

Even without the daughter angle, Babita is not a fit wife for him. She has never once shown any attention to his feelings or heartache. Heck, has she ever shown interest to him as a person? There was the one time when she dictated the letter for him, what about afterwards? If not Imarti, then what about his mom? Or his dad or his grandfather?

Well that's what it looks like, they aren't suitable for each other. Totally agree. Even when she dictated the letter, her explanation was that she wanted to get a glimpse of the tees he had in his heart. It wasn't to understand him per se but driven by her curiosity. 

Now when you look back at all the episodes, her interactions with him have been mainly about her emotions and problems. 

inlieu thumbnail

Just think about it.

All the important roles that a woman is supposed to play in someone's life have had an expiration date: mother, wife and daughter.

He's had stand ins in the form of Naeem Bi, Babita and Arya, but they will never compare or come close to what he originally had.

I know we've talked about Naeem Bi being HS' mom, but I feel like even she has failed him in some way. If it truly had been his maiyyi, then he would've been able to freely speak whatever was running through his heart and head.

Not just that but when she first walked in to the haveli they'd said she hadn't been to see him for ages. There had been a gap.

NB's response was to say what would she do there without any woman around after Imarti, which I always found strange. She couldn't go to see her son and stop him drowning in alcohol all those years? 

Yeah that expiration date thing is the pits. He really doesn't deserve this. It's as if his cycle of suffering will have gone from his birth to his death. 

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
Jiarao thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Not just that but when she first walked in to the haveli they'd said she hadn't been to see him for ages. There had been a gap.

NB's response was to say what would she do there without any woman around after Imarti, which I always found strange. She couldn't go to see her son and stop him drowning in alcohol all those years? 

Yeah that expiration date thing is the pits. He really doesn't deserve this. It's as if his cycle of suffering will have gone from his birth to his death. 

This is what I have been thinking about Naembi.  How can a mother stay away from her child when he needed her most? She just let him to drown in alcohol without even trying to stop him once?  

I don't think Naembi understands what Mini means to him or the fact that he has ALWAYS chosen Mini , else he wouldn't have married Babitha in first place. 

Forget Naembi, who really understands him? Babitha toh bilkul nahi.  Lala? Does he know his sir sahab is suffocating and broken completely? 

Mini?  Does she even know her father  has lost himself completely in this marriage?

inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jiarao

This is what I have been thinking about Naembi.  How can a mother stay away from her child when he needed her most? She just let him to drown in alcohol without even trying to stop him once?  

I don't think Naembi understands what Mini means to him or the fact that he has ALWAYS chosen Mini , else he wouldn't have married Babitha in first place. 

Forget Naembi, who really understands him? Babitha toh bilkul nahi.  Lala? Does he know his sir sahab is suffocating and broken completely? 

Mini?  Does she even know her father  has lost himself completely in this marriage?

That's the thing. He is completely alone and now with Minnie leaving he's going to have no one to speak to Lala is going to become busy with GK very soon. No wonder he lost it when Imarti died. She really was the only one who got him and could handle him. NB saw what he went through but still he suffered a lot in silence. 

I also felt NB doesn't really get what place Minnie has in his life. In a way, she too has failed him by not actively guiding him when she clearly saw he was lost after the marriage, especially when she saw what was happening to Minnie too. He listens to her, why wouldn't he take her advice?

My heart aches this much for a reel character. Can't believe it!

asmaanixx thumbnail

Well that's what it looks like, they aren't suitable for each other. Totally agree. Even when she dictated the letter, her explanation was that she wanted to get a glimpse of the tees he had in his heart. It wasn't to understand him per se but driven by her curiosity. 

Now when you look back at all the episodes, her interactions with him have been mainly about her emotions and problems.

At first it made sense given her divorce and all. But surely afterwards, she should have paid him some attention.

The way he makes her feel is important but so are the effects she has on him. What importance does her presence have in his life? What voids is she filling? Does she want to hold these responsibilities?

The Imarti track would have been perfect for Babita to focus on HS, but alas CVs ko toh kuch aur hi karna tha.

asmaanixx thumbnail

Yes!

She had a relationship with HS long before Imarti came along. So what was stopping her from coming around post her death? Yes, his alcoholism would have been horrible, but as his mother she surely could have come around to still visit him.

She really dropped the ball with this marriage as well. That advice she was going to give him, why couldn't she do it before the wedding night? Surely, she had plenty of time to do so. Why pick moments before the phere to tell him something so important? Or why not pick it up again the next day? Instead, after making sure they sleep in the same room, she backed off from Hanita completely.

When she told Minnie that both Hanita will see anyone as their enemy if they try to speak to them was so off. I can never see HS think ill of Naeem Bi regardless of the situation. Even when she was scolding him about the usage of his surnames, he never once talked rudely back at her. For her to insinuate such a thing to Minnie was so wrong.

inlieu thumbnail

Yes!

She had a relationship with HS long before Imarti came along. So what was stopping her from coming around post her death? Yes, his alcoholism would have been horrible, but as his mother she surely could have come around to still visit him.

She really dropped the ball with this marriage as well. That advice she was going to give him, why couldn't she do it before the wedding night? Surely, she had plenty of time to do so. Why pick moments before the phere to tell him something so important? Or why not pick it up again the next day? Instead, after making sure they sleep in the same room, she backed off from Hanita completely.

When she told Minnie that both Hanita will see anyone as their enemy if they try to speak to them was so off. I can never see HS think ill of Naeem Bi regardless of the situation. Even when she was scolding him about the usage of his surnames, he never once talked rudely back at her. For her to insinuate such a thing to Minnie was so wrong.

Yes, it was wrong and it also led to more of Minnie hiding things or not speaking her mind. I'm not saying it was entirely her responsibility to point things out to her parents but it also stifled her natural instincts to speak up. 

As for why she never tried to talk to HS about things post marriage when she was the one who kept counseling him regarding their love story, goodness knows.