Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: inlieu

Sure, there is awkwardness, grief, past baggage, the messed-up equation with Babita but in many ways HS and Minnie have what many would yearn to but never can. 

I don't think he was referring just to their connection but also them as a family unit. How can he be expected to do this alone, when his life partner is not quite the partner he needed? I am not saying he didn't make mistakes but they were not so big that he didn't deserve a second chance in life.

All three of them carry so much baggage that it is not surprising to see them fail to hold things together. Minnie will get a chance to heal to an extent but some scars will never go. 

Watching that scene was a bittersweet experience for me too. I loved it even more than I might have if they'd had a 'happy ending'. These two have suffered so much in life that even this unconventional bond is a blessing to both of them. 

My heart broke for both of them when he said who would her Hanuman Uncle speak to? Because it goes both ways. She can speak to him in ways that she can't with anyone else. I was really really hoping for one heart to heart where he can fix things, because I still believe he can. But it looks like he's labeled himself a failure and lost all the confidence and the writers don't want this to get 'resolved' otherwise they can't sell the story of Minnie going away unhappy. That's fine, it's their story to tell. 

I wish he'd had someone in his corner to encourage him to become more confident. He hasn't even spoken to NB much of late. Ultimately, Dashrath Singh's activities destroyed 2 generations of Singhs. 

@bold: Exactly. 

Ultimately past baggage left some lasting consequences for all three. This doesn't mean there is no hope in life for second chances or moving past baggage....what it means is that it is just as possible that sometimes despite your best attempts circumstances are beyond you.....that is what happened especially with HS-Mini.  But even with that feeling of them thinking they couldn't form that connection, even if they think they failed there......somehow there was a beauty in the way they could still be such a team.....there was still a sense of security in their love for each other.....that is what that last bit felt like to me as he gathered himself, brushed away her tears and said they will tackle whatever happens......to me, somehow that was all the more touching in its own way than any happy reconciliation. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

He was such a father in this scene, though. They are so alike it's not even funny. 

Yeah that baadal phatna dialogue, metaphor to the state of his heart...

During the CD apology scene he had said his heart would break in two if he were to lose her. I think that process has started and will only get worse with the upcoming episodes. 

Yep....this point just keeps getting proven in every scene. And everytime she kneels in front of him like that, he tilts his head and looks at her in a certain way.......total father-daughter vibes❤️

Baadal phatna waala dialogue was indeed all about the state of his broken heart....this is why she started crying when he said that too.

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: tantal

Sometimes an unspoken sentence or an unfinished letter or an unfulfilled relationship have far greater significance in our lives. HS and Minnie will also be forever entwined in this dil ka rishta which had promises to be so much more but ultimately remained a broken deal

Yes, this is exactly what the writers are going for with HS-Mini. And that is why I feel they immortalized them yesterday by showing that even with the unfulfillment, this relationship became all the more significant in their lives. 

The writers wanted to make a point that the most beautiful relationships are those that aren’t  beholden to any label or a blood bond. That is what HS-Mini are. 

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Yes, this is exactly what the writers are going for with HS-Mini. And that is why I feel they immortalized them yesterday by showing that even with the unfulfillment, this relationship became all the more significant in their lives. 

The writers wanted to make a point that the most beautiful relationships are those that aren’t  beholden to any label or a blood bond. That is what HS-Mini are. 

Also the word preet is generally used for a non romantic platonic soulful divine love In general. These two indeed share a immortal relationship. But the thing with soul connections is that they cannot stay away from each other. And even if they do they are not able to live a fulfilling life without the other. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naq5

So true. The show may have been promoted as the mother daughter story and their bond may have been given utmost importance so much that mini cannot even love someone 80% to how she does for babita but mini-HS bond is the one that made this story stand out. The special connection is what is most important and that is where love happens. I just wished the writers had focused on more of this bond in the past episodes

YES  Mini is HS hero. She is a symbol of what he couldnt be. Hes always been in awe of her. Ive always felt HS did look up to mini similarly like she looked up to him. He knows Babita may in future not stand up for him but mini always will stand up for him if he is on the right side. He actually needs her more than Babita does at the moment. He is living in a soulless marriage and the though of mini leaving him alone just broke him completely today.  He also said what we all have been saying Mini understands him better than Babita. Somewhere like Jean says hes reconciled to the fact that Babita can never match up to understand his emotional state. That is why we have never seen HS sharing his past struggles and emotional vulnerability with babita. He has always shared that with mini.   

The show was promoted as mother-daughter ka bond but I think HS was always meant to be a critical path of the journey. 

He was that person in their life who brought hope and love like they’d never had before. Mother-daughter ka Love was already established when the show began....it was HS-Mini who discovered a special bond in this journey.

Some of it the writers clearly planned all the way since HS told Mini since day one that she reminded him of his Imarti....some of it grew beyond the script with AD and Ashnoor ki tremendous chemistry together. They really brought alive the bond of these characters beautifully. Kudos to the director also for directing their scenes so beautifully. 

Yes, there was still potential for an even more nuanced journey with these two...through exploring more of HS ka past trauma....through tackling new challenges in life as Mini grew older....but the writers didn’t want to. Oh well. I would have loved that more but I guess a beautiful scene like this where they are immortalized also makes me happy....now they are in their own league. 

HS always knew that Mini was his true confidante....he fell in love with Babita but he reconciled himself to the fact that he is expected to be the stronger and more mature one with her....she never gave him an assured feeling that she could truly handle his vulnerable side and those  emotions....the few times he tried, she was in a different headspace. 

With Mini, he didn’t have to try....there was a natural connection....as he said, ek khuli kitaab they were to each other. Sab Kuch share kar sakte the. This is why it was sad the last few days when he stopped doing that in trying to manage Babita. And now as he feels Mini slipping away, he’s realizing the extent of what he will lose.....that one person who felt like a peer kindered spirit. NB toh maa hai, Laale dost hai....both are also his confidantes.....but Mini somehow felt like a peer to him to share things with. 

That reminds me....the bit when he again said that Mini was like a little Imarti to him....that is what the writers seemed to be ultimately going for....that he found Imarti in a new form through Mini. That is why their souls connected....it was like a part of Imarti was reborn through Mini.....souls are not limited by life or death or time. They travel on their own plane. And somehow I guess HS was meant to find Imarti’s soul again through a girl who had no connection to Imarti otherwise. 

The writers really went for the abstract here. They really wanted to assertively make the case for relationships beyond labels, beyond any typical connection. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Also the word preet is generally used for a non romantic platonic soulful divine love In general. These two indeed share a immortal relationship. But the thing with soul connections is that they cannot stay away from each other. And even if they do they are not able to live a fulfilling life without the other. 

Preet means love....I guess it can be used for any kind of love, including romantic. So many songs use this word to mean romantic love only. 

But I just loved that the dialogues yesterday used “Preet” for these two...it was such a beautiful way of describing their love and breaking away from the stereotype that Preet can only mean a romantic love. This was Preet in its most pure form. Dare I say, it’s most divine form.....that’s the emotion those dialogues from HS evoked ❤️

A soulful connection does constantly draw two people together and something is missing in their life if they aren’t together. But at the same time, that very soul connection ensures there will always be a connection on a roohaani level....beyond time and distance or life and death. 

Yeh dono toh Rumi ki poetry wala feel de rahe hain Ab. Haha 

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

The show was promoted as mother-daughter ka bond but I think HS was always meant to be a critical path of the journey. 

He was that person in their life who brought hope and love like they’d never had before. Mother-daughter ka Love was already established when the show began....it was HS-Mini who discovered a special bond in this journey.

Some of it the writers clearly planned all the way since HS told Mini since day one that she reminded him of his Imarti....some of it grew beyond the script with AD and Ashnoor ki tremendous chemistry together. They really brought alive the bond of these characters beautifully. Kudos to the director also for directing their scenes so beautifully. 

Yes, there was still potential for an even more nuanced journey with these two...through exploring more of HS ka past trauma....through tackling new challenges in life as Mini grew older....but the writers didn’t want to. Oh well. I would have loved that more but I guess a beautiful scene like this where they are immortalized also makes me happy....now they are in their own league. 

HS always knew that Mini was his true confidante....he fell in love with Babita but he reconciled himself to the fact that he is expected to be the stronger and more mature one with her....she never gave him an assured feeling that she could truly handle his vulnerable side and those  emotions....the few times he tried, she was in a different headspace. 

With Mini, he didn’t have to try....there was a natural connection....as he said, ek khuli kitaab they were to each other. Sab Kuch share kar sakte the. This is why it was sad the last few days when he stopped doing that in trying to manage Babita. And now as he feels Mini slipping away, he’s realizing the extent of what he will lose.....that one person who felt like a peer kindered spirit. NB toh maa hai, Laale dost hai....both are also his confidantes.....but Mini somehow felt like a peer to him to share things with. 

That reminds me....the bit when he again said that Mini was like a little Imarti to him....that is what the writers seemed to be ultimately going for....that he found Imarti in a new form through Mini. That is why their souls connected....it was like a part of Imarti was reborn through Mini.....souls are not limited by life or death or time. They travel on their own plane. And somehow I guess HS was meant to find Imarti’s soul again through a girl who had no connection to Imarti otherwise. 

The writers really went for the abstract here. They really wanted to assertively make the case for relationships beyond labels, beyond any typical connection. 

This is the most sad part of their relation past days they haven't been sharing anything. Their changed dynamics have hurt them both. Their relation has been immortalised in a way but still mini has become this closed up person with regard to HS also. The trust which she had on him that he will do everything right is not there. And I believe the makers will do More drama to show mini has never visited or stayed In Touch for 5 years. So both are going to live with the pain and only keep missing each other. 

Yes that is the most beautiful part of the relation ship for me. HS finding imarti in mini. 

The makers went in for the abstract but I would have loved to see mini putting HS as equal to babita in her priority. Her realizing it that he is as important as babita to her. With mini it was always babita on 100% and everyone else came in later at 80%. I wish she had realised that she equally needs HS too in her life actually even more. Because that is what I have felt mini needs HS presence more in her life for her to grow up properly and depend on someone when needed. After yesterday she would have probably realised that he needs her as much as babita, maybe even more. 

AreYaar thumbnail

One other bit from yesterday that I forgot to mention earlier.....the fact that Daadu Beeji told Mini she needs to go tell her Babes about going to Australia....but Mini went to her Hanuman Uncle first ❤️

As if she trusted him to handle this for her....she needed his support to help manage this with her.....I found that touching. 

AreYaar thumbnail

The makers went in for the abstract but I would have loved to see mini putting HS as equal to babita in her priority. Her realizing it that he is as important as babita to her. With mini it was always babita on 100% and everyone else came in later at 80%. I wish she had realised that she equally needs HS too in her life actually even more. Because that is what I have felt mini needs HS presence more in her life for her to grow up properly and depend on someone when needed. After yesterday she would have probably realised that he needs her as much as babita, maybe even more. 

That would have been a larger lesson for Mini to learn and would take more time than this story allowed. 

Giving Babita her 100% was a lifelong habit for Mini....it was too hard for her to figure out how to do it any other way....and that is part of the tragedy of what held her back from giving HS her all in that way too. 

Which is why the writers have gone for the angle ki 100% as Babita jitna na sahi, Mini managed to make a whole other space in her heart for HS. 

She does see how much he needs her...but she is just too exhausted now and sad as it is, I can understand that. Babita has sapped her emotions and she doesn’t have strength left over to be the emotional anchor HS needs. This is why, even as it breaks her heart, she is retreating. 

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Yep....this point just keeps getting proven in every scene. And everytime she kneels in front of him like that, he tilts his head and looks at her in a certain way.......total father-daughter vibes❤️

Baadal phatna waala dialogue was indeed all about the state of his broken heart....this is why she started crying when he said that too.

Oh gosh that third cap, the way they are looking at each other. Daddy's girl... 

Yeah that baadal phatna dialogues broke my heart too. I loved loved loved the way Aniruddh spoke those words. It's like a dam finally burst inside both of them.