Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: AreYaar

๐Ÿค— Jean

They really did make me cry today....I hadn't expected that. They got to me somehow. Abhi bhi mann bhar raha hai rewatching the scene. 

I have so much to say about that scene...

Thank you for your post. You said exactly what I had a while ago, that who says this is not a love story? It's a story of love in many shapes and forms. 

All said and done, they did a great job with the arc of HS-Minnie. Yes, it's heartbreaking but the beauty of that bond came out even better in that scene. Things have gone and up down with these two, but that connection never broke. 

I know HS and Minnie are saying that the connection was never made, perhaps because they too were thinking of some kind of label they failed to conform to, but what I saw there was just pure and honest love for each other, the kind that binds their souls. I was convinced after that scene that nothing could break them apart to the point where they no longer have emotions for each other. Just not possible. Sure, there is awkwardness, grief, past baggage, the messed-up equation with Babita but in many ways HS and Minnie have what many would yearn to but never can. 

I don't think he was referring just to their connection but also them as a family unit. How can he be expected to do this alone, when his life partner is not quite the partner he needed? I am not saying he didn't make mistakes but they were not so big that he didn't deserve a second chance in life.

All three of them carry so much baggage that it is not surprising to see them fail to hold things together. Minnie will get a chance to heal to an extent but some scars will never go. 

Watching that scene was a bittersweet experience for me too. I loved it even more than I might have if they'd had a 'happy ending'. These two have suffered so much in life that even this unconventional bond is a blessing to both of them. 

My heart broke for both of them when he said who would her Hanuman Uncle speak to? Because it goes both ways. She can speak to him in ways that she can't with anyone else. I was really really hoping for one heart to heart where he can fix things, because I still believe he can. But it looks like he's labeled himself a failure and lost all the confidence and the writers don't want this to get 'resolved' otherwise they can't sell the story of Minnie going away unhappy. That's fine, it's their story to tell. 

I wish he'd had someone in his corner to encourage him to become more confident. He hasn't even spoken to NB much of late. Ultimately, Dashrath Singh's activities destroyed 2 generations of Singhs. 

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
inlieu thumbnail

The depth of her pain would come through he would look away and her face would crumple into tears....she was otherwise trying to hold off from breaking down as much as she could.....

The tears shining in both their eyes in this bit๐Ÿ’”

And then the phone call ๐Ÿ’”....the way her voice was so choked up, she couldn't even manage to say a "hello" initially

What TREMENDOUS actors these two are together, man๐Ÿ‘

Indeed they are, and I can only imagine with time how much more unbelievably awesome they will become. 

This will be one of my all-time favorite scenes on the show, and of these two. Pretty sure both of them were crying for real too. I can imagine how emotional it must have been because in real life too, they were going to separate and stop working together.

I applaud the screenplay too here. Top-notch.

inlieu thumbnail

And finally, the breakdown....I don't think I've ever seen him cry this phoot phoot ke for anyone other than Imarti before this......and today it was for Mini.....for the tragedy of him and Mini.

No one has ever been able to console him quite like his Veer Balika.....jitne pyar se she cups his cheek and becomes his anchor whenever he breaks down

The way he asked her, "Do you trust me?".....I loved Mini's expression in response as he turned to look at her

The way he wiped her tears in the end โค๏ธ

"Koi na...jo hoga dekha jaayega"

He was such a father in this scene, though. They are so alike it's not even funny. 

Yeah that baadal phatna dialogue, metaphor to the state of his heart...

During the CD apology scene he had said his heart would break in two if he were to lose her. I think that process has started and will only get worse with the upcoming episodes. 

MG_Inactive thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Haan I'll get to this scene ka upload eventually. Abhi I'm still getting through August scenes....yeh wala toh Sept mein aaya tha I think. lol 

Cool, take your time....whenever you want to post your thoughts. 

I'm toh content with such a fulsome HS-Mini scene after many days....nikaal li jitni bhadaas nikaalni thi maine๐Ÿ˜†

Kal ki kal dekhenge.  

kal ka scene kuch aur hi tha...their best till date, more on that later though ๐Ÿ˜†

@bold ha thik hai no problem ๐Ÿ˜Š

inlieu thumbnail

Exactly, the way he broke down reminded of the scene where we first saw him crying for Imarti.

It's like he's losing Imarti all over again, but this time he's losing his jigad ka tukda. 

I just wish he hadn't resigned himself to failure and had taken on the stance to fight for them, but I think he never recovered from the heartbreak of the CD fiasco himself and now with the situation with Babita he feels all is lost. 

tantal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Sometimes an unspoken sentence or an unfinished letter or an unfulfilled relationship have far greater significance in our lives. HS and Minnie will also be forever entwined in this dil ka rishta which had promises to be so much more but ultimately remained a broken deal

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Who says this show wasn't a love story?  

What a tremendous picture of love has been painted through these two characters.....my heart is so full today after watching what may be one of their last scenes together. 

Love comes in so many forms.....paternal, sibling, friendly, romantic love.....but at it's pure core it's about a special connection with someone. 

So true. The show may have been promoted as the mother daughter story and their bond may have been given utmost importance so much that mini cannot even love someone 80% to how she does for babita but mini-HS bond is the one that made this story stand out. The special connection is what is most important and that is where love happens. I just wished the writers had focused on more of this bond in the past episodes

No other relationship in this show personified that special connection like Hanuman-Mini did. Today, as HS finally freed himself from the pressures of needing to be her father, he spoke of of the core of this relationship.....a special connection....koi pichhle janam ki preet....kaunse janam ka bandhan.....that is why he feels so connected to her.....as if he is connected to her from a previous life...this is what a true soul connection is.....that is what these two had. Today, it felt like a dam burst within him as he so candidly spoke of what she meant to him....the one person he could read like a book since day one....ek khuli kitaab jaisi....and he himself was transparent in front of her....the only person he felt comfortable being vulnerable in front of to that degree.....sharing his most raw emotions, his deepest traumas. He always felt a pressure to be strong for Babita.....but with Mini, he felt he could falter, he could be vulnerable, he could break down because he knew she would sambhaalo him. He may have been hero but she probably never realized how much she was his hero....the one HE counted on SO much.  

YES  Mini is HS hero. She is a symbol of what he couldnt be. Hes always been in awe of her. Ive always felt HS did look up to mini similarly like she looked up to him. He knows Babita may in future not stand up for him but mini always will stand up for him if he is on the right side. He actually needs her more than Babita does at the moment. He is living in a soulless marriage and the though of mini leaving him alone just broke him completely today.  He also said what we all have been saying Mini understands him better than Babita. Somewhere like Jean says hes reconciled to the fact that Babita can never match up to understand his emotional state. That is why we have never seen HS sharing his past struggles and emotional vulnerability with babita. He has always shared that with mini.   

Previously HS had once told her she is his jigar ka tukda....today he went a step further and told her that his life literally resides in her....I think he's only said to one other person in his life.....Imarti. Which again goes to show ki agar Imarti ke baad kisi se itna pyar kiya hai toh sirf Mini se. 

Kabhi kabhi zindagi mein adhure rishte aisi chhaap chhod jaate hain jo pure rishte bhi nahin kar paate......HS-Mini will now forever be immortalized as one such relationship.....a relationship that may not have reached a final culmination of a neat label.....a relationship that may not even have achieved togetherness....and yet somehow even without all that, it achieved immortality. 

I've loved so many of their scenes but none ever got me emotional like the one today. I was still ok until the part when he was talking about how she is the one he can share everything with.....but that phone call just got to me.....jee bhar aaya.....there was a palpable feeling of heartbreak in that bit that broke my heart for both of them.  

"Connection hi toh na ban paaya, chhori".....the tragedy of this line......and the irony as well....because just minutes back he spoke of the special connection he feels to her.....but circumstances conspired and special connection ho ke bhi WOH waala connection na jud paaya jo dono chaahte the.  The heartbreak in both of them spoke volumes about the fact ki na jud ke bhi BAHUT kuch jud gayaa......ek dard ka rishta jud gaya.....an eternal tees in the heart....the pain of unfulfilled love.

There is the pain of that unfulfillment and somehow still an immense love I have for this relationship even at this stage.....they may not have achieved fulfillment but perhaps that very sense of unfulfillment has set them apart from everyone else in my eyes. 

That last bit when he asked if he still has her trust.....and she assured him that he does.....100%.....sometimes that trust itself is greater than love.  And he again spoke the truth when he said he's ultimately done whatever she's asked of him....the influence she's held in his life will always be on its own plain.  

"Koi na...jo hoga dekha jaayega". So them....and a perfect end to the scene as they get into teamwork mode to tackle Babita. 

I felt a strange mix of heartbreak and contentment at the end of this scene.  What a superbly written scene....and then AD and Ashnoor took it to another level๐Ÿ‘. I will miss their brilliant performances together.....that special connection came to life through their acting and chemistry with each other.

This story will always occupy a special place in my heart.....aage jo bhi ho. 

inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: tantal

Sometimes an unspoken sentence or an unfinished letter or an unfulfilled relationship have far greater significance in our lives. HS and Minnie will also be forever entwined in this dil ka rishta which had promises to be so much more but ultimately remained a broken deal

I have been thinking more and more about this being a broken deal. If we didn't know HS was going to die, I'd feel they had scope to find their way back to each other over time. This kind of bond doesn't go away so easily and it's the only one of its kind she ever had or will have in her life.

She keeps saying that Babita is her only family and the one she loves the most, but this scene/episode showed us that HS had crept into her heart and made a permanent place of his own. 

I want to see her devastation at the news of his death. 

naq5 thumbnail

I guess Mini's emotions in this scene deserve a seperate post. 

Veer Balika until the very end....in some ways, like the burden of being a hero weighed heavy on HS, Mini carried the burden of the expectation that she be the brave, the strong one always. 

She spent half her life being the strong/brave one for her mom....somewhere she had hoped that HS might be that strong pillar for her that she was for everyone else....but he had too many vulnerabilities of his own to manage to be that for her. She loves him with all her heart.....but something has eternally hardened inside her...she is now unable to put herself out there and hope that someone will sambhaalo her. The way she was listening as HS mentioned that Babita loves her a lot, that he loves her a lot....there was an almost dead quality in her eyes....something has died inside her and she's permanently compartmentalized some things.....she knows they love her.....but she doesn't feel she can count on them. That is her tragedy. 

My heart really broke for her in the way she was trying to hide her tears from HS and not let him see the depth of her own pain even as she let him pour out all his own pain.....it's like she soaked up all his pain and didn't have the strength left to pour out her own.  The way she choked up when she said, "connection nahin ban raha".....you could feel the heartbreak of this kid who had wanted that connection just as badly as he did......her heartbreak wasn't any less than his in that moment. 

But all of this has left some permanent scars on her.....sigh. 

You have described minis emotions so perfectly. She has hardened a lot. She has lost hope that the elders will take care of things. And the elders around her have failed her always throughout. With HS coming in her life she found someone who she could trust and be hopeful. but The CD fiasco and HS not trusting her until he got proofs broke her. I still think they could have found their way back to each other slowly but nothing right happened after that. More than anything in the days following GP, i think she has understood HS cant keep both babita & mini happy. She had hoped HS to be the HS before marriage who helped make babita independent, made her see sense. But HS was all about saying yes to babita for everything. Mini is not superficial and superficial love will not work with her like babita. She could see HS completely forgot her effort in the business and it was only about babitas happiness. He only realised things were going bad with mini and he was letting her down after the Surname confrontation. But by that time things had gone too far and mini had gone too far. 

Mini mostly dosent speak her heart out with HS when she is overcome with emotions with what he is saying. It happened in the GP scene also and the hospital scene also. Yesterday she was being strong for HS. I dont know if she expected HS to break down like this and become so emotional when she told him she was going to study. She expected Babita to throw a tantrum and cry. HS se to she had come to take support so that they he can help in making babita understand. But i guess she dosent realise how broken HS is in this marriage that he needs her so much to survive even if she is gone for a few months or a a year or two to study. 

naq5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

I have been thinking more and more about this being a broken deal. If we didn't know HS was going to die, I'd feel they had scope to find their way back to each other over time. This kind of bond doesn't go away so easily and it's the only one of its kind she ever had or will have in her life.

She keeps saying that Babita is her only family and the one she loves the most, but this scene/episode showed us that HS had crept into her heart and made a permanent place of his own. 

I want to see her devastation at the news of his death. 

Well HS dosent know na that he is going to die and mini is going away for 5 years and she will not come back in between to meet also. So for HS mini going away to study for few months or a couple of years evicted this reaction. I was expecting the mini HS scene to come up after the burning of the letter. And I had thought HS would be this broken only if mini leaves in anger to never come back but if she is just going to study he would support her & be happy& proud of her but still be a little sad for her going away from him. This children going away to study happens in all families and it is a bittersweet experience for both. Now after his reaction yesterday I dont know how HS is going to deal if mini goes away angrily and never comes back for 5 years๐Ÿ’”. That would be too much for him he will only become lifeless. Why couldnt the makers have let go mini to study at this point only. There are already unresolved issues between the two and its not like mini is going away at peace with her parents. Why create more drama and issues between the 3 that she dosent visit or come back for 5 whole years. This is cruel to HS and mini both. Even Babita. 

Edited by naq5 - 4 years ago