Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Yes, this is exactly what the writers are going for with HS-Mini. And that is why I feel they immortalized them yesterday by showing that even with the unfulfillment, this relationship became all the more significant in their lives. 

The writers wanted to make a point that the most beautiful relationships are those that aren’t  beholden to any label or a blood bond. That is what HS-Mini are. 

They did immortalize them. Their imperfections made it perfect. I am happy that this was brought out. 

inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: naq5

Also the word preet is generally used for a non romantic platonic soulful divine love In general. These two indeed share a immortal relationship. But the thing with soul connections is that they cannot stay away from each other. And even if they do they are not able to live a fulfilling life without the other. 

I am not a language expert but just from the way he said it 'preet' sounded so much better than 'pyaar' might have. It gave it a philosophical and yes soulful touch. Ah....

inlieu thumbnail

The show was promoted as mother-daughter ka bond but I think HS was always meant to be a critical path of the journey. 

He was that person in their life who brought hope and love like they’d never had before. Mother-daughter ka Love was already established when the show began....it was HS-Mini who discovered a special bond in this journey.

Some of it the writers clearly planned all the way since HS told Mini since day one that she reminded him of his Imarti....some of it grew beyond the script with AD and Ashnoor ki tremendous chemistry together. They really brought alive the bond of these characters beautifully. Kudos to the director also for directing their scenes so beautifully. 

Yes, there was still potential for an even more nuanced journey with these two...through exploring more of HS ka past trauma....through tackling new challenges in life as Mini grew older....but the writers didn’t want to. Oh well. I would have loved that more but I guess a beautiful scene like this where they are immortalized also makes me happy....now they are in their own league. 

HS always knew that Mini was his true confidante....he fell in love with Babita but he reconciled himself to the fact that he is expected to be the stronger and more mature one with her....she never gave him an assured feeling that she could truly handle his vulnerable side and those  emotions....the few times he tried, she was in a different headspace. 

With Mini, he didn’t have to try....there was a natural connection....as he said, ek khuli kitaab they were to each other. Sab Kuch share kar sakte the. This is why it was sad the last few days when he stopped doing that in trying to manage Babita. And now as he feels Mini slipping away, he’s realizing the extent of what he will lose.....that one person who felt like a peer kindered spirit. NB toh maa hai, Laale dost hai....both are also his confidantes.....but Mini somehow felt like a peer to him to share things with. 

That reminds me....the bit when he again said that Mini was like a little Imarti to him....that is what the writers seemed to be ultimately going for....that he found Imarti in a new form through Mini. That is why their souls connected....it was like a part of Imarti was reborn through Mini.....souls are not limited by life or death or time. They travel on their own plane. And somehow I guess HS was meant to find Imarti’s soul again through a girl who had no connection to Imarti otherwise. 

The writers really went for the abstract here. They really wanted to assertively make the case for relationships beyond labels, beyond any typical connection. 

WORD to this entire post. Dil le lo aap! 

I especially loved that they touched upon the connection with Imarti again. This is where it all started, from when he first opened up to her about Imarti and now they are somehow connected because of her, because of that essence and fighting spirit. 

inlieu thumbnail

Preet means love....I guess it can be used for any kind of love, including romantic. So many songs use this word to mean romantic love only. 

But I just loved that the dialogues yesterday used “Preet” for these two...it was such a beautiful way of describing their love and breaking away from the stereotype that Preet can only mean a romantic love. This was Preet in its most pure form. Dare I say, it’s most divine form.....that’s the emotion those dialogues from HS evoked ❤️

A soulful connection does constantly draw two people together and something is missing in their life if they aren’t together. But at the same time, that very soul connection ensures there will always be a connection on a roohaani level....beyond time and distance or life and death. 

Yeh dono toh Rumi ki poetry wala feel de rahe hain Ab. Haha 

@bold you know... I am just trying to picture the scene in Manali. Minnie looking around her in the mountains, and feeling HS' words and emotions reaching out to her across the vastness. It's gonna be beautiful. 

inlieu thumbnail

One other bit from yesterday that I forgot to mention earlier.....the fact that Daadu Beeji told Mini she needs to go tell her Babes about going to Australia....but Mini went to her Hanuman Uncle first ❤️

As if she trusted him to handle this for her....she needed his support to help manage this with her.....I found that touching. 

I knew she would go to him first... Aww...

inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: naq5

This is the most sad part of their relation past days they haven't been sharing anything. Their changed dynamics have hurt them both. Their relation has been immortalised in a way but still mini has become this closed up person with regard to HS also. The trust which she had on him that he will do everything right is not there. And I believe the makers will do More drama to show mini has never visited or stayed In Touch for 5 years. So both are going to live with the pain and only keep missing each other. 

Yes that is the most beautiful part of the relation ship for me. HS finding imarti in mini. 

The makers went in for the abstract but I would have loved to see mini putting HS as equal to babita in her priority. Her realizing it that he is as important as babita to her. With mini it was always babita on 100% and everyone else came in later at 80%. I wish she had realised that she equally needs HS too in her life actually even more. Because that is what I have felt mini needs HS presence more in her life for her to grow up properly and depend on someone when needed. After yesterday she would have probably realised that he needs her as much as babita, maybe even more. 

Frankly, I would have loved to see Minnie finally speak of HS as an inseparable part of her, truly as her family, as someone she loves so much.

She does need HS to grow up properly. As you can see, she carries so many wounds and scars that will take ages to heal No one else in her family has time to think about her situation or care for what's troubling her inside. 

They both need each other, even more than before.

inlieu thumbnail

That would have been a larger lesson for Mini to learn and would take more time than this story allowed. 

Giving Babita her 100% was a lifelong habit for Mini....it was too hard for her to figure out how to do it any other way....and that is part of the tragedy of what held her back from giving HS her all in that way too. 

Which is why the writers have gone for the angle ki 100% as Babita jitna na sahi, Mini managed to make a whole other space in her heart for HS. 

She does see how much he needs her...but she is just too exhausted now and sad as it is, I can understand that. Babita has sapped her emotions and she doesn’t have strength left over to be the emotional anchor HS needs. This is why, even as it breaks her heart, she is retreating. 

Beautifully put. Indeed, she has lost the fight in her and just wants to get away. She knows that if she stayed with HS it would be wonderful, they would mend things with each other but right now I think she wants to be numbed and not feel so much, think so much, hurt so much. 

She was always skeptical about romantic love but after all this experience she doesn't want to dabble in any kind of love. It's too hard and it hurts too much. She knows HS will always be there for her and care for her in ways Babita cannot. She knows he will be devastated when she leaves but right now she subconsciously doesn't want a repeat of what happened with Babita where she gives all of herself and drains herself further. 

I am sorry if this sounds mean, but I won't be surprised if alongside blaming himself, HS also blames Babita for them losing Minnie. What I still don't get, though, is what's stopping him from asking her to stay just for him? I don't mean in the practical sense with respect to studies, I mean in terms of exerting some kind of haq on her. Why are they both afraid to reach out to each other and grab what's right in front. They are so so close but all these insecurities and scars are getting in the way of bridging the final gap.

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

I am sorry if this sounds mean, but I won't be surprised if alongside blaming himself, HS also blames Babita for them losing Minnie. What I still don't get, though, is what's stopping him from asking her to stay just for him? I don't mean in the practical sense with respect to studies, I mean in terms of exerting some kind of haq on her. Why are they both afraid to reach out to each other and grab what's right in front. They are so so close but all these insecurities and scars are getting in the way of bridging the final gap.

I think it's a timing problem....especially since the wedding.  Each time they started taking steps towards each other, some incident would occur to shake the trust and then they wouldn't manage to repair the trust until some time later....just as they'd get their bearings and start reaching out to each other again, another incident would happen. 

Like first the CD incident, then the incident when HS scolded Mini at Babita's instigation, then now yesterday Mini again declared trust in him and today the trust again got shaken cuz she found out he hid the letter from her. 

This relationship needed time....to be left to its own natural devices to grow those bonds....but unfortunately timing hi sahi nahin baith paayi.....aur baaki human failings let them down. 

HS is fundamentally a very vulnerable guy when he loves deeply......this all got extra magnified in Mini's case.....the insecurities, then the guilt over letting Mini down so many times....it was a constant vicious cycle. 

The precap scene seems like he may finally explain his insecurities to her properly once and for all rather than the one-liner "Baap na ban sakaa" that he has otherwise used in previous such scenes. 

Anyways, today's epi finally showed a clear-eyed HS.....he finally completely understood how he messed up too.....how he couldn't manage to see what was right in front of his eyes with Mini......so he had a part in adding to distancing Mini from this family too....even if it was unwittingly. As for blaming Babita, he already did today....this was bound to happen....he pointed out the honest truth.....ki even if no one else did, as Mini's mother, atleast Babita should have tried to glean what's behind the smile Mini is trying to put on.  

Babita is fundamentally very self-absorbed and Mini has in a way spoilt her by constantly coddling her emotions.....this is why Babita started taking her for granted and expected her daughter to always fall in line with whatever she was feeling and wanting.....this is why she fears losing this to Ashok too.  I must say, even as Babita realized that she went too far in anger, it was obvious that she feels she can easily puchkaaro Mini and manaao her.....she still doesn't realize that she has pushed her daughter too far now......some words you cannot come back from.  And some lessons are learnt the very harsh way......isse pehle Babita ne jo bhi project tode, she never had to pay such a heavy price...the ultimate price....losing her own beloved daughter....which is why she didn't learn her lesson about not doing things in egotistical impulses.....but now she may once she loses Mini. 

Today's scene again showed how emotionally stunted Babita is.......even if she realizes something is wrong, her first reaction is panic and then she tries to put on some bravado to cover the panic but you can actually sense her desperation underneath.....she struggles with deep set fears and when she realizes she's done something wrong, she can't cope with the possibility that it may be more damage than can be fixed.  This is what I gathered from the bit when she was stuttering ki main Maa hoon, Mini meri bacchi hai, gudiya hai, main manaa lungi.....sad case hai.  Babita in a sense is eternally trapped inside her mind. 

Mini-wise....the FBs as she's angrily packing her suitcase shows how much she's fed up of both her parents now.....the adults got so caught up in their own drama and tug of war over Mini that ultimately it's gotten to her also.....I sensed a lot of anger and self-loathing in her in that moment.....the words ringing in her ear...."apne baap ki beti".....Ashok Khurana once told her she can never escape the reality of her blood bond with him.....and now her own mom saying it to her ripped open a whole new gash on Mini's psyche that will likely fester for years now. 

She's literally been in the same outfit since last Friday....lol even HS finally got to change in the precap....but she's still stuck in the same clothes.....maybe Monday's epi will bring a change of clothes as morning dawns for her leaving. 

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Sounds like a good epi i am looking forward to it 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

I knew she would go to him first... Aww...

You know the other touching thing? When she first told him she's leaving, he tried to cover up his own heartbreak by mentioning Babita first.....ki Babita nahin reh sakti Mini ke bina. He only got to his own emotions later.....when Mini said ki you guys will have your own kids soon and get busy in that....that's when he paused and said...."aur tu?....mhaari Veer Balika?".....his voice deepened into a different tenor in that bit.....really well done by AD. 

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago