Standards of acceptance going down from great to mediocre in actresses

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

The debate of nepotism isn't just black and white where all from filmy families are the mean rich kids and all the outsiders are always lurking on the outskirts. But as an ardent fan of Hindi cinema, it really bothers me when I witness the standards of acceptance going down from great to mediocre. Jhanvi, Ananya Pandey, Sara Ali Khan, Kriti Sanon...hell, even Alia Bhatt are all so plain and colourless. They lack that special something and are no-where near Priyanka/Deepika/Anushka/Kangana. Is Bollywood loosing its charm when it comes to actresses?

Comment/Discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

Yes .. Actors and actresses both!

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Deepika aur Anushka main Itna kiya khaas hai , bang average acting skills.

Kangu ne ek baat toh theek hi kaha tha, models jinki below average performance ko bhi pedestal mai chadhate hai.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I seriously dislike this nostalgia bullshit.

Star kids being overexposed even before debut is the reason they come across bland.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mintyblue

The debate of nepotism isn't just black and white where all from filmy families are the mean rich kids and all the outsiders are always lurking on the outskirts. But as an ardent fan of Hindi cinema, it really bothers me when I witness the standards of acceptance going down from great to mediocre. Jhanvi, Ananya Pandey, Sara Ali Khan, Kriti Sanon...hell, even Alia Bhatt are all so plain and colourless. They lack that special something and are no-where near Priyanka/Deepika/Anushka/Kangana. Is Bollywood loosing its charm when it comes to actresses?

Comment/Discuss.

Haven't seen others in movies but Sara and Alia r brilliant on screen..more than Deepika

And all the new gen actresses u mentioned have spunk..I just find Jhanvi a bit mellow but her recent appearances and interviews r nice. Liked her in bff with vogue..

Out of elder 4 only Priyanka and Anushka stand out for me..give any character to Priyanka she will nail it. Anushka again is spunky

Edited by niyati13 - 4 years ago
hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I beg to differ. It's going from mediocre to plain bad and unfortunate. I will just stop watching BW completely I guess after these mediocre era will end.

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Star kids are pathetic looking but oldies you name were as ugly when they were launched. Only thing is they had better figures. Acting mein all of them suck except Kangana, Alia and may be Sara. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Its all about we got to turn this person in to the next this person. When in the old days you made yourself ⭐️

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I agree about the look part... All these Nepo brats are 2 rupee worth in front of the stars you mentioned.... Except Sara