Despite Mission Mangal being Vidya's film, why she looks sidelined?

RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

mission mangal is supposed to be vidya's film as a female lead, agreed that it belongs to Akshay Kumar but after that its Vidya who should be taking the lead, though she's given the apt space in posters, promotions, she looks like she's being sidelined...the film doesn't look it belongs to her? 

what happened, once a dazzling actress that would steal anyone's thunder in a film is getting reduced to a side actor? what brought a dent in her career? her marriage, some bad choices of films or something else. even her award winning performance in tumhari sulu which was a crticial n commercial success after a long time hasn't brought her back into the game which she used to rule..this is sad and mission mangal doesn't seem that move either which is overstuffed with so many actors already

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

it's very hard to own a show in a multi-starrer film anyway, Vidya needs to get back with a project to bang on.

Also, another thing that goes against in Vidya's favour is her weight issue. No way, I am judging her, its her body and she has full right to be in it the way she wants but bollywood is a cruel place, its definitely applause-worthy how she has managed this long with her weight issues and came out victorious but now that competition is getting tough, it's clear that the makers are not interested in her the way they used to be. Also after marriage, things change she was riding high on the success of her many films. But the talented actress as she is, I hope to see her more because she needs to be seen. I wish mission mangal does well for her than for anyone else

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Mission Mangal as a movie is being promoted by makers as Akki independence day movie till now for early buzz and the cashing of the last three years independence day successes Akki had, once promotions starts, everyone else will get the spotlight.

Yes unfair, but it is how it is. Vidya isn't what she was 7-8 years ago.

Mutant_n_Proud thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

i find Vidya the most talented out of all actresses as she's very versatile. it's sad that she has slowed down or the offers have dried up. I really wish she keeps on doing amazing work and we can see her for many more years..touchwood

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I dont know what to make of this. Maybe it's a good thing that the focus is on the story and everyone whose story gets told like that old actor playing scientist also got equal footage ....apart from Akshay ofc? 

Mannikarnikaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

this doesn't seem like a film that can justify her amazing talent anyway..

atleast the trailer released has said so...

she's meant for films where she can dominate the show totally like kangana..playing second fiddle to kumars and others shall never suit her

Mannikarnikaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ultimate_Shadow

it's very hard to own a show in a multi-starrer film anyway, Vidya needs to get back with a project to bang on.

Also, another thing that goes against in Vidya's favour is her weight issue. No way, I am judging her, its her body and she has full right to be in it the way she wants but bollywood is a cruel place, its definitely applause-worthy how she has managed this long with her weight issues and came out victorious but now that competition is getting tough, it's clear that the makers are not interested in her the way they used to be. Also after marriage, things change she was riding high on the success of her many films. But the talented actress as she is, I hope to see her more because she needs to be seen. I wish mission mangal does well for her than for anyone else

how are ya...don't see much these days here... all good ?✌

the trailer might hv given u the answer..

its an out n out akshhay kuummaar movie..where's the scope for an actress job? and the funny thing is that there r plenty of them

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

She always steals the show after release... There two of my favs vidya n nithya n two of who I dislike sasti kangu n Sona in the movie lol.. 

RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

^Taapsee is actually not that bad, what she needs is versatility, she has been typecasted in similar type of roles and it seems difficult for her to break that mould, let's see, if she keeps trying maybe she can succeed