Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Blockbuster

I expected a lot more from this workplace comedy. Blockbuster makes skewers Netflix and streaming culture. There is an existential irony in the show streaming on Netflix. But despite its sharp jokes and medley of fun characters, Blockbuster doesn't charm you with gags like Brooklyn 99 or Superstore. 

Monica O My Darling

Mard Ko Dard Nahin Hota was a brilliant but underrated film that failed at the box office. This time Vasant Bala is smart and goes straight to streaming. 

Monica OMD may not be the kind of movie people flock to theatres anymore for. But it is a delicious and wild ride. From the very first sequence to the end you're strapped in and hooked for all its twists and turns. There is so much to love about the movie. 

- the 80s-themed soundtrack and background score

- the pulpy humorous neo-noir whodunnit

- the homages and references to movies, Hollywood and Bollywood

- the nods to the Vasan Bala universe

- a genuinely twisty and unpredictable story

- a phenomenal star cast - each person perfectly executes their character

Radhika Apte as ACP Naidu was so quirky, I would love to see a spinoff based on her. 

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

A Gingerbread Christmas 2022 - Nice movie & its fun light-hearted. It's subtle movie for time-pass & good decision to release online. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Empire tv show

Its really good on reruns 

Wakanda Forever

An exhilarating and exciting ride. Wakanda Forever is a worthy successor to Black Panther. I personally thought it was better and it's one of the better films in Phase 4. I know not everyone likes it. But it may be due to the narrative focus. A large part of the narrative focuses on the rage and resentment felt by Africans and Indigenous Americans at being colonized T'Challa was noble but since his passing Wakanda and Wakandans wrestle with their role in the weaponized world trying to find their place. The introduction of Namor and Talokan gives Wakanda both enemies and allies. Ryan Coogler has also included a lot more plot elements that might not be easily evident to folks unless they are familiar with indigenous and immigrant cultures - the reverence of elders, the conflict between technology and tradition, vengeance vs forgiveness, the relationship with the colonizer, and so much more. It has both an homage to Chadwick Boseman but also a nice nod to Iron Man as well. 

VS-Cool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Watched DRISHYAM 2 yesterday, after a long time i have seen such big rush in INOX of my current city ...

Night shows were almost housefull...

Haven't seen D1 so catched up speedly, and the experience of D2 was amazing smiley20 really worth watching 

gonna watch Bhediya soon after release

Pentaminous... thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

the sequel was not needed. It was okay

Loved Maula Jatt

Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities

Absolutely bone-chilling and spine-tingling! This eight-episode anthology is the pinnacle of horror storytelling. My goosebumps had goosebumps. Sure, there is gore and violence, but it doesn't rely solely on those elements. There is the atmosphere, character development, and world-building. 

Guillermo del Toro doesn't personally direct any stories, but he brings together Oscar-winning filmmakers together to create the anthology. Each director marks it with their distinctive style. What I enjoyed most about the series is how comedic actors like Katie Micucci, Eric Andre, Charlyne Yi, and others stretch themselves in the horror genre. 

Don't watch unless you have a heart and guts of steel. 

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: VS-Cool

Unchai

The movie is very good,

Full of emotions drama and very good acting by all the actors ,

Full paisa wasool family movie after a long timesmiley20

I agree, recently saw this movie. Must say, it was nice movie to watch with family. I do think Parineeti's role was bit overdone tbh at times. 

Edited by KabutarHoled20 - 1 years ago
mishkil88 thumbnail

Originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

I agree, recently saw this movie. Must say, it was nice movie to watch with family. I do think Parineeti's role was bit overdone tbh at times. 

has it come on OTT ?

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mishkil88

has it come on OTT ?

it's available online but not in the best quality...it is audible but the quality isn't the best if you see on 3rd party websites unless there are links to original quality movie that anyone might be cognizant of..