Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sakhile thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: USwamy

I feel both were wrong but situation was more wrong. Haven't we all experienced bad days and our reaction to the same situation is very different when we are experiencing a regular day?

Also, both are extremely young and inexperienced. Don't we many times look back at our younger selves and realise how hot headed we were back then. The elder Sameer seems calm and mature.

I don't agree that Naina should have given him space. Doesn't happen in real situations when your husband and the love of your life is telling you to never come back. Naina was being calm in the beginning. 

Also, personally, have experienced, giving space to your partner comes with time. I am somebody who can't go to bed without resolving a fight. And my husband is an extremely quiet person, communicating doesn't come easily to him. I have years of energy sapping experience of getting stuff out of him. In our initial years, me being me also, in a fight, I used to be confrontational and demanded answers immediately. This had an opposite reaction of him not wanting to talk even more. Over years, I had to train myself to keep my nerves and calm and let him become calm first coz I wasn't getting through to him but it has taken me years to reach that point. Naina being so young is still immature so expecting that level of maturity from her is also unrealistic.

Slapping ofcourse was a big no. It does get murkier then. But I guess it was for ITV drama.

USwamy, @bold, remember we are constantly reminded that this is based on the producers' love story. I often have difficulty therefore knowing which is dramatic flavour and which is from reality. I hope that this slapping violence etc is truly only for dramatic effect and that in reality there is no such violence.
As for the fact that Naina and Sameer are young and therefore their behaviour is understandable is problematic. When they were, younger in school in particular, they were much more attuned to how others felt. From people's facial expressions they were able to see whether there was a problem or not. They could do this with each other, but also with their friends and family. Thus, it is difficult to believe that they cannot see how the other is feeling and then react appropriately. How come they have become so self centered that they only see their own emotions and not see the other person's feelings which are clearly displayed. Also, why do they not hear when the other says I don't want to talk right now? Giving each other space is something we learn early on with friends and family. Reading facial expression is also something we learn very early on. Immaturity cannot be an excuse for all foolishness.
ssree thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
For me both were wrong , but since we know the reason sameer has done it ,we are ready to forgive him , but naina doesn't know..
but since naina slapped him back the slap became Neutral. 

Like how sameer said if shard had hit her will she give him back  the answer is no she  would have just sulked.

But yes sameer had told naina that he is not in a mood to talk but she insisted so also we pour our frustration only with the people we know. 

And sameer got more frustrated when naina caught his collar and the dialogues she said that he doesn't value relations and people abandon him

I won't blame him, as his situations was such a mess. hence even the slap i can forgive him, and his a husband wife relation such small things can happen ( it doesn't mean that we should slap or so.. ) ( but the same goes with naina too , she too must not slap and accuse him) she at times really accuses him.

she must know he has left everything for her, now even lost his own company, but she still has her chacaji and chachi and preethi.
inshort my hear goes for sameer, hope he recovers soon .

shahz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I haven't watched the episode or read updates but when I saw a post that Sameer slapped Naina I was shocked so thought to come and check. I didn't think things could go this bad what are the makers thinking.
 Naina slapping Sameer I wouldn't have been shocked but Sameer slapping Naina is unbelievable.  
CIDWatcher thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I have been watching the show since some months. But never posted anything yet.
It seems this wonderful show getting ruined for trp. Characterization is no more consistent for most of the characters. Naina dancing,hitting or Sameer hitting Naina doesn't fit well. And so much negative sketch of taiji tauji... Not sure.. but doesn't feel like 90s show anymore. That golden touch is lost.
Deepanand thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The slapping is believable coz it's not the first time they have done that what ever the reason may be before. How come slapping in college each other is different after they become husband and wife. Also Sameer is not sharad. Sameer has given so much freedom to her.
CIDWatcher thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Ya, slapping in college also not acceptable. Violence in any form not acceptable. There were inconsistencies before, but now a days it's way too much. It's too dramatic. Randeep n Ashi two power houses.. their skills are not utilised fully. Scenes r so rushed don't seem to be convinced any more.
Abhinaya_Abhi thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Its the individual's choice to have his/her point of opinion and i respect it but the double standards of this forum is what amuses me! How come when Naina does something, she alone is quoted as wrong, selfish & blah blah... & When Sameer does something, either both are quoted to be wrong or Sameer is not wrong! And holding collar is compared with Slapping, i mean really?😕 
At least previous slaps had some reason! But this one is just utter crap! How can a person like Sameer can slap Naina like that for no reason? Its really hard to digest! 

Cvs have tormented each and every character! They are ruining Naina and Sameer's character one after the other! And except Preeti, everyone's character has been ruined! After pooja's wedding track, nothing made sense!
Enigma24 thumbnail
So pointing double standards of this forum earns me a warning level from Preeti bhakts and Sameer bhakts. Thanks a lot IF 
Nikkie_1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: USwamy

I feel both were wrong but situation was more wrong. Haven't we all experienced bad days and our reaction to the same situation is very different when we are experiencing a regular day?

Also, both are extremely young and inexperienced. Don't we many times look back at our younger selves and realise how hot headed we were back then. The elder Sameer seems calm and mature.

I don't agree that Naina should have given him space. Doesn't happen in real situations when your husband and the love of your life is telling you to never come back. Naina was being calm in the beginning. 

Also, personally, have experienced, giving space to your partner comes with time. I am somebody who can't go to bed without resolving a fight. And my husband is an extremely quiet person, communicating doesn't come easily to him. I have years of energy sapping experience of getting stuff out of him. In our initial years, me being me also, in a fight, I used to be confrontational and demanded answers immediately. This had an opposite reaction of him not wanting to talk even more. Over years, I had to train myself to keep my nerves and calm and let him become calm first coz I wasn't getting through to him but it has taken me years to reach that point. Naina being so young is still immature so expecting that level of maturity from her is also unrealistic.

Slapping ofcourse was a big no. It does get murkier then. But I guess it was for ITV drama.

I can't agree more to what you have said.
It took me years as well to learn to give hubby space and sleep off a big fight.

It would have been very unrealistic if Naina has not reacted when Sameer asked him to leave the house forever. Such things never happen in real life specially with a newly married couple.
Nikkie_1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Deepanand

Yes I agree with you mrugali that in the heat of the moment things happen. I am saying that I am still with sameer because he was not the only one who was wrong here. Thalli toh dono haaton se bajti hain and naina too said things and both of them slapped each other in the heat of the moment. I wouldn't say a domestic violence coz naina Gave it back to him properly and both of them are hurting each other.

I would disagree with you here, domestic violence is not only when you take physical abuse quietly. She gave it back to him and this at least in my view gives them a chance to salvage their relationship.

I was able to understand Sameer's point of view totally until he was hurling verbal abuses and I would have understood that it was done in the heat of the moment but that slap was totally uncalled for and crossing the line for me 

As I wife I would not have tolerated my hubby slapping me even if I made the biggest mistake in the world.