Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I do understand the tweet it is sensible but I highly doubt shabana's intentions.
Shabana azmi & her husband are anti national. She praised that tukde tukde gang leader Kanhaiya saying he is our new hope.😑
Award wapsi nautanki was too much.
Psuedo liberals who want to spread hate and stagnate India's growth prospects due to this divide and rule policy of leftist.
1140587 thumbnail
For those who are having a hard time understanding why this post by Shabana would be considered inflammatory and offensive to Hindus, allow me to give you a counter example. Imagine on Eid, if I was a celebrity and tweeted, "This Eid, I pray that no Aisha is married off to a Muhammad", insinuating that fact that little girls are married off to old men in the Islamic world, a precedent set by Muhammad himself, imagine the outrage that would cause, the great risk to personal security, death threats, and career suicide, even though it's completely true, would you think I was being sincerely concerned, or jusing this as an opportunity in attacking Islam and Muslims?

That is exactly what Shabana has done here, she used Navratri as an opportunity to attack Hindus and Hindu culture by using names of Hindu deities as they would stoke emotion, the message is not sincere, as it achieves nothing, except vilifying a community.
Edited by Heisenberg17_ - 5 years ago
F.I.T.B thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
AZMI is the biggest hypocrite troll living in this free INDIA

its funny people are seeing sweetness and kindness in her tweet

some one remember when she kissed someone had how her husband went on saying sorry infront of mullas
1140587 thumbnail

Originally posted by: angrybread

May be that's what she is saying ...adding allah and inshallah to communalize something which is a reality .

lol her whole tweet is communally charged, these issues are not instrinic to Hindus, they affect all communities, but social issues are singled out only during a Hindu festival here, making references to Hindu Goddesses, and posted during Navratri... now I don't know about you, but when people wish Merry Christmas or Happy Eid, they do so without dragging in social issues and making unnecessary religious references, because it's neither the time or place, the only time that does happen, is when someone wants to vilify/troll/taunt that person/religious community.
Edited by Heisenberg17_ - 5 years ago
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Heisenberg17_

For those who are having a hard time understanding why this post by Shabana would be considered inflammatory and offensive to Hindus, allow me to give you a counter example. Imagine on Eid, if I was a celebrity and tweeted, "This Eid, I pray that no Aisha is married off to a Muhammad", insinuating that fact that little girls are married off to old men in the Islamic world, a precedent set by Muhammad himself, imagine the outrage that would cause, the great risk to personal security, death threats, and career suicide, even though it's completely true, would you think I was being sincerely concerned, or jusing this as an opportunity in attacking Islam and Muslims?

That is exactly what Shabana has done here, she used Navratri as an opportunity to attack Hindus and Hindu culture by using names of Hindu deities as they would stoke emotion, the message is not sincere, as it achieves nothing, except vilifying a community.

Coming from Shabana Azmi this tweet could have several colors but the tweet itself is not wrong and shouldnt be taken as inflammatory or offensive in any way. And the fact that one cant say the same about vile practices is Islam is only proof of that Hinduism still hasn't reached that level of religious intolerance that all these other religions show. People in a rational and ideal world should be able to discuss the many wrongdoings and vile practices by Mohammad himself without getting gunned down like in Paris or blowed up or being called Islamophobic.

I think we as a religion and culture take names of goddesses too seriously and actually have none of that concern for girls themselves. Navratri or Durga puja would be the perfect opportunity to remind the so called devout that its time to respect real women and not women made out of mud and clay. So I find the names used appropriate.
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

ThisπŸ‘πŸ‘

Absolutely agree. She is talking about all this when the time came for her to raise her voice and show support to the MetooIndia movement , she went into hiding. Why didn't she support these victims and condemn the accused.

Sajid Khan her own relative
Alok Nath
Nana patekar

she won't. This is where her hypocrisy comes in

Forget that, then comes her birthday party cutting a cake which had the Dharavi theme, so much for showing concern, sympathy and empathy.

On top of that, she is supporting that very person, who cried out " bharat tere tukde honge" "Afzal hum sharminda hai, tere qatil zinda hai"

She called him our only hope

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: tina59

ThisπŸ‘πŸ‘

Absolutely agree. She is talking about all this when the time came for her to raise her voice and show support to the MetooIndia movement , she went into hiding. Why didn't she support these victims and condemn the accused.

Sajid Khan her own relative
Alok Nath
Nana patekar

she won't. This is where her hypocrisy comes in

Forget that, then comes her birthday party cutting a cake which had the Dharavi theme, so much for showing concern, sympathy and empathy.

On top of that, she is supporting that very person, who cried out " bharat tere tukde honge" "Afzal hum sharminda hai, tere qatil zinda hai"

She called him our only hope

she is just kala dhabba on humanity , I pray to adi para shakthi tat filth must vanish from earth n save human kind n earth .
1140587 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

Coming from Shabana Azmi this tweet could have several colors but the tweet itself is not wrong and shouldnt be taken as inflammatory or offensive in any way. And the fact that one cant say the same about vile practices is Islam is only proof of that Hinduism still hasn't reached that level of religious intolerance that all these other religions show. People in a rational and ideal world should be able to discuss the many wrongdoings and vile practices by Mohammad himself without getting gunned down like in Paris or blowed up or being called Islamophobic.

I think we as a religion and culture take names of goddesses too seriously and actually have none of that concern for girls themselves. Navratri or Durga puja would be the perfect opportunity to remind the so called devout that its time to respect real women and not women made out of mud and clay. So I find the names used appropriate.

But people have been offended, and it's not up to us to dictate to others over what and when they should be offended, and vice versa. I think people are more enraged by the fact that it's coming from someone who is quite evidently agenda driven, and a massive hypocrite, it definitely was a communally charged post, completely unnecessary and unwarranted, issues are real, but giving it a religious colour and timing was definitely communal, especially when said person would never dare to retweet something similar on Eid or Christmas.

reddy123456 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Shabani Azmi is just another Urban Naxal and Islamist, proud member of "Tukde Tukde gang".
simim thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Your explanation is totally incorrect. If she had said No Lakshmi would hoard wealth, no Durga would endanger tigers no kali would kill people and so on then your no Mohammed would marry Ayesha would make some sense. Her tweet is in no way derogatory to any Hindu goddesses. What it's saying is that while a goddess is worshipped ordinary women are being given a raw deal.
Now if she were to say this on Eid unfortunately she would not be able to name any goddesses but I would still like to see her say that on this Eid I pray to Allah that no Ayesha is forced into a Burqua, no Fatima is forced to undergo FGM, and so on. While it's not a perfect parallel it brings out the troublesome issues.
So onto your post...once again the parallel you draw is not the right one
Edited by simim - 5 years ago