Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Happy Makar Sankranthi my dear Rainbow friends.
One of the most popular days in the Hindu calendar, Makar Sankranti, is observed annually to mark the first day of sun's transit into the Makara or Capricorn. It also marks the end of the month with the winter solstice. Observed in January every year, Makar Sankranti is celebrated with great fervour all around and features social festivities such as colorful decorations, bonfires, kite flying festivals and local feasts. Some people also bathe in sacred rivers and offering prayers to the sun.
The festival is celebrated all across the country and is known by various names, such as Pedda Pandaga in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana, Sukarat in central India, Magh Bihu in Assam and Pongal in Tamil Nadu.

Since it signifies the arrival of longer days, people wish each other with great warmth and distribute traditional sweets consisting of sesame (til) and a sugar base such as jaggery (gud) as a symbol brotherhood, peace and joyfulness.
May Makar Sankranti fill your life with energy and help you bring happiness and prosperity to you and your loved ones.
🤗
Days of joy, weeks of laughter, months of good luck and years of prosperity. Happy Makar Sankranti to my dearest friends, ⭐️Branka, ⭐️Nado ,⭐️ Dragice, ⭐️Riya, ⭐️Padma,⭐️ Vibha, and ⭐️Avi&Abhi⭐️. Warm hugs with festive wishes to all of you.❤️
🤗
Related image
Image result for happy sankranti
Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: riya_ss9

Hello Girls, hope all is well.

Hugs to Di, Vibs, Paddu, Nado, Madi, Avi, Dragic and Tulasi. 🤗

Did I miss anyone? If I have then forgive this oldie here, I just have to run and have a bowl of ghee for my memory loss.

Thanks for the hugs and good wishes Riya. 🤗 Now I got a very good tip from you--eating a lot of Ghee is a memory-boosting tonic? Well well, will eat it so much for improving my writing ability.😊
Good morning Riya.
Related image
Image result for happy pongal images
Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: vibraj

Good morning!

Nado, hope all well at your cold place, do take care, it's generally very cold this time, all over!

Padma asked me to share with you all that she is at her farmhouse and so could not come online, she will come to the CC when she returns.

Madi, wishing you some rest and relaxation, so that you can give your best to your next chapter!

Sending some warmth and healing hugs to Avi!

Today is Makar Sankranti, wishing all my friends much happiness on this occasion.

Have a good day everyone!

Thanks for the warm wishes and good words for all your friends here Vibha.🤗 So our Padma is enjoying in the lap of beautiful nature in these festive days.
Happy Makar Sankranthi to you and to all your loved ones Vibha🤗.❤️🤗
Edited by Viswasruti - 5 years ago
cygnet9 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Finally I could get connectivity. Guys I beg your pardon for the sudden dissappearance. Came to farm house yesterday and will be here for next 2 days.
Let me wish all of you A very happy Lohri, Bihu, Gudi padava and Bhogi.

Will post pics and glimps of my farm house.

Good day and take care all of you😊❤️
cygnet9 thumbnail

Good morning!

Nado, hope all well at your cold place, do take care, it's generally very cold this time, all over!

Padma asked me to share with you all that she is at her farmhouse and so could not come online, she will come to the CC when she returns.

Madi, wishing you some rest and relaxation, so that you can give your best to your next chapter!

Sending some warmth and healing hugs to Avi!

Today is Makar Sankranti, wishing all my friends much happiness on this occasion.

Have a good day everyone!

Thank you Vibha. You are such a sweet heart. I am equipped with net but problem is connectivity, Being isolated place.
cygnet9 thumbnail
Don't know why I am not able to quote Riya. But Riya tight hug to you🤗
cygnet9 thumbnail

Hi friends, arrived some time back, exhausted and planning to rest now. Will reply to PM's tomorrow.

Lovely to see Riya ❤️

Good to know Branka you are in sunny territory now, can understand what you say, I went just three hours away but it was so cold, so I was wrapped up and as I returned to my city now, started feeling suffocated with the warm clothes as my city is sunny! Take good care of yourself but if you are with mom, she will fuss over you, in fact, a little extra!😃

Hope Avi and Abhi are fine in minus degrees! Do take care🤗

Padma, hope your mil is better now.

Madi, your guests may have gone and you must be resting. Loved your first chapter, waiting for the next one!😃

Have a great day everyone!

Vibha my MIL is 85 years old. This sudden unwell has scared me at the same time upset, because untill now my family only born the burnt of any untowards situations within the family. There is only 1 month left for the function, every one are invited and every thing has been set except few purchases. Now this, only God should take care. By the way she is well now.
Edited by cygnet9 - 5 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail
Padma, relax , don't think about unknown events too much. God is there to take care of everything. Now happy to know that she is feeling fine.🤗
cygnet9 thumbnail
Thank you Madhu for the encouraging words😊

Once again Wishing all A Very Happy Bihu, Bhogi, Lohri and Gudi padawa.

Good Night all😊
riya_ss9 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
So many festival in India so happy festivals girls. Make sure you all behave, no sharab warab, no peeping at wrong things, control control. 😆
Joke aside Paddu, what function are you talking about? Is someone getting married?

Don't worry about MIL , you think positive and positive things will happen.