Subhash Ghai accused of drugging and raping woman

BollyGlitz thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Subhash Ghai Accused of Drugging and Raping Woman; Director Denies, Threatens Defamation

The woman claims he once forcefully kissed her but tried to pacify her the next day by calling the incident a 'lover's tiff'.

Subhash Ghai Accused of Drugging and Raping Woman; Director Denies, Threatens Defamation

Mumbai: Subhash Ghai is the latest Bollywood figure to be accused of rape with an anonymous woman alleging that he spiked her drink and then sexually assaulted her, a claim the director "strictly and firmly" denied on Thursday.

The anonymous account shared on Twitter by writer Mahima Kukreja, who was one of the first women to accuse comedian Utsav Chakraborty of sexual harassment last week. Kukreja said the woman is "very credible media/lit personality, who does not want to be named".

The woman said she worked with Ghai on a film years ago and he started taking an extra interest in her and would often call her for script sessions at his apartment, which he would allegedly call his "thinking pad".

She claims he once forcefully kissed her but tried to pacify her the next day by calling the incident a "lover's tiff". She said she told the first assistant director and two other women about the incident but decided to let it go because she had no job or financial security at that time.

She alleges that after a late music session, he decided to have a drink and offered one to her, which "was spiked" while he was dropping her home in the car. The woman remembers being taken to a hotel room and assaulted before losing consciousness.

When contacted, 73-year-old Ghai told PTI, "It is sad that it is becoming a fashion to malign anyone known, bringing some stories from past without any truth or blown up false allegations if all. I deny strictly and firmly all false allegations like these."

The director said he has always been respectful towards women in life as well in workplace. "If she claims this way, she should go to the court of law and prove it. Justice will be done or I will go for defamation certainly," he added.

Newer names emerged Thursday in the #MeToo movement as actor Saloni Chopra accused director Sajid Khan of sexual harassment while she worked with him as an assistant.

She also accused Vikas Bahl, who is already facing sexual harassment charges from a former employee, of being a sexist.

Chopra also detailed an alleged toxic relationship with "Kuchh Bheege Alfaaz" actor Zain Durrani of physical abuse.

Sajid and Zain could not be reached for a reaction.

Sajid has also been accused by a woman journalist of sexually harassing her. She said she went to interview Khan at his sister Farah Khan's house but upon reaching there, he exposed himself and forcefully kissed her.
Edited by BollyGlitz - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Besides Sajid I'm happy to see his name to come up too. Finally #metoo rises higher to get those big fishes
BollyGlitz thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The story below is by a credible media/literature personality, who has a verified Twitter account.

This story was told to Mahima Kukreja, a writer who then shared it for the rest of the world to see and shame Subhash Ghai.

"This happened when I was working with Subhash Ghai on a film. He said he would be my mentor and would guide me in the film industry. I listened cos I had no Godfather in the film industry and no friends. I was new to Mumbai. But I was hungry to learn and to prove to my parents that being a director was my true calling.

"In the beginning he would take me to music recordings and I'd have to sit there till very late at night with other male members. No one did anything in front of him. When recordings finished I took an auto home or he would drop me. He slowly started putting his hand on my thigh, giving me a big hug saying I did good that day. Then he'd call me to script sessions at his small apartment In Lokhandwala. This was where he said he'd do script sessions with other actresses.

"When I went there though there was no one and he was alone In his two bedroom place. This was not the house he stayed with his wife. This was he said his thinking pad. Instead of script session he started talking about how he was so misunderstood in the industry and only I was the one who loved him. He pretended to weep, and put his head on my lap. Then when he was getting up he kissed me forcefully. I was shocked and left that day.

"The next day in office he said lovers have tiffs. And I should just get on with work. I had no other job, no financial security, no family. I let it go cos I was scared and I told only the first AD and my two other girl friends who I don't want to name bcos they have their own cross to bear with him as he tried things with them as well.

""One evening after a music session it became late again and he decided to have a drink. He used to love whiskey. His driver Babu used to have a ready stash in the car. No one used to check. He gave me a drink as well it was spiked. After that I remember getting into his car and I thought he was dropping me home. But he made Babu drive to Lonavala. I was in and out of consciousness but I remember clearly and I swear on my child that I asked him where are we going and please take me home.

"He took me to Fariyas hotel. He said he went there regularly to write. They always had a suite available for him. I was wobbly but he held me n took me to the suite. He took off my jeans and he mounted me. I was trying to scream but he put his hand over my mouth. I was also not very lucid bcos of the drug in my drink. So I cried and passed out. Next morning remember he had ordered some toast and was having breakfast when I woke up. The sofas were red and musty. The sunlight streamed in from the windows to my right. I vomited.

"He dropped me home. I took a few days off and a person from his team called to say I wouldn't be paid for the month if I quit now. So I went back to work and gave my resignation a week later.

"I've never seen him or spoken to him but "once he was shooting somewhere n I was traveling with some friends along that route n we briefly spurred on the sets. The entire crew knew me. But I was so uncomfortable that I left immediately. These things never go away. But hey it happened to me too.

Edited by BollyGlitz - 5 years ago
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This one is not a surprise
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
He and Sajid should be on the top of the list...
1143173 thumbnail
Disgusting, I hope karma bites him so badly.