Samaina OS - A Legal contract.

SixteenAgain thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago
Dear Forumwasis, 

Suddenly an idea popped into my mind today and just wouldn't go away.. I have tried to present it as an OS to the best of my abilities! 

It is based on the current track of the show where Naina is desperately trying to get Sameer to talk/open to her.

Do let me know how you find it :) 

Thanks! 
May.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Legal Contract

Naina was feeling really dejected now. All her efforts over the last couple of weeks to get Sameer to open up to her.. forget opening up.. even just getting him talk to her had failed. In her heart she still believed that he loved her but it was getting hard to keep convincing her rational mind that his feelings for her still persisted. She had been wondering exactly what had changed him in Delhi and her insecurities had slowly started raising their head. After so many years of being told again and again how her plain looks were not enough to warrant any true love.. there is only so long that a simple innocent soul can go on for without doubting her own worth. Maybe his affections had really changed.. Naina thought morsely.

Her reverie was broken as the professor entered the class. He announced that today they will start covering a new topic Importance of Legal contracts in commerce/accounting. (I am not a commerce student.. so not sure how valid this topic is for FY students.. but for the premise of this story I will take some creative liberty!). He started by giving them some scenarios and asked them where they believe a legal contract is a definite requirement. 1) Working with a new supplier/client that has not been referred by anyone, to which almost all the student put up their hand in favour of a legal contract. 2) Working with a new Supplier/client that has been strongly recommended by an existing business partner, again there was still a sizable number of students who put up their hand in favour of legal contracts. Though some believed that goodwill also plays an important role in business. 3) Lastly the professor asked how many considered that a legal contract between siblings or best friends who they trusted with their life is required? At this point there were only a handful of students still in favour of a legal contract.

The professor was fairly surprised to see that there was one girl in this group. Based on his previous experience, he had always found that the female students tended to be more trusting and did not consider legal contracts a requirement when in came to close relationships. Being intrigued by this, the professor asked this student to explain her point of view on this. Naina had not expected to be asked to justify her position on this in front of the whole class. Sameer and her other friends were quite taken aback that Naina placed so much importance on legality.

She took a few moments to assimilate her thoughts and started, "Sir, I believe that though personal relationships and trust are very important, one cannot solely depend on them and goodwill. The Professor urged her to elaborate on this. Naina continued "We cannot expect people or circumstances to never change. Trust is important but we should not trust blindly, especially when in business you are risking the livelihood of all your employees too. And without a legal contract one is not in a position to question or contest the actions taken by the other party.

At this point another student from the class stood up and staunchly declared that trust between close relationships was of paramount importance and legal contracts are really not required in such instances. His family had a business and all the brothers worked together and trusted each other explicitly. Few other student who came from similar background also agreed with him. The professor now pointed out that so far the people who did not feel legal contracts as required were involved in family business. But how many of you would be happy to get into a business with friends without legal contracts? Munna immediately put up his hand and emotionally said "Sirji, main toh aapne in do doston par zindagi bhar aankh band karke vishwas karunga. Sameer aur Pandit toh mujhe kabhi bhi dhoka nahi de sakte!

Naina suddenly blurted "Aur diya toh tum kya kar logge?! Munna started in a shocked voice "aare.. aaise kaise.. aur kyu denge yeh mujhe.. " Sameer's face had lost all colour now. He had half realised where this was coming from. But wasn't sure where it was going to head. Naina cut Munna short saying "Kyu matlab kya.. akhir kisika bhi maan badalne mein kitna waqt lagta hain?! Bus ek pal hi toh lagta hai kisiki priorities badalne mein, nahi? Aur phir tum kya karoge? Kitna ghoomoge uske peeche kisi jawab ya explanation ki umeed mein? Aur phir sirf uski marzi hogi ki usse tumhari umeedo par kitna khara utarna hai.

One of the students from the back meanly sniggered that maybe she had some special experience in this area. The professor told him off for this personal comment when they were discussing something of academic importance and warned everyone that any such stupid behaviour will not be tolerated in his class. But that student's words pierced Sameer's heart as he heavily felt the truth behind them.

All the years of experience in participating in debate competitions were coming finally handy! Naina though hurt by the comment took a deep breath and calmed herself down. She then continued "People worldwide start one of the most important partnership.. relationship of their personal life with a legal contract. As most of the class looked puzzled she explained "Marriage is nothing but a legal contract though of a very personal nature. Couples tying the knot are entering a contract to stand by each other through all phases of life. They commit to take taking their roles and responsibilities towards each other and any children resulting from that union seriously. And if one of the parties does not follow through on this promise then the other party has rights to question them and can turn to the legal system for support and accountability. Without this legal contract in place, any promises made between a couple are nothing but mere words.. one of them can walk away at any point without owing the other anything... Naina's voice trailed with a slight tremor.

The same tremors were vibrating in Sameer's heart. He felt crushed thinking how his recent behavior was affecting her.. his intention was just to safeguard her by maintaining distance. But in the process he was destroying her innocence and her faith that at the core most people are good and truthful. Would she view marriage only as a contract going forward? Would she not look at it as a loving partnership built on trust? Naina.. his sweet innocent Naina was losing her faith in love... What was he doing?!

Then suddenly realising that everyone was still looking at her very expectantly Naina concluded "I just think that if something that we all consider as a holy union between two hearts starts with a legal contract to safe guard the emotional and financial interests of the couple then any business enterprise would definitely benefit from the same. Saying this Naina sat down with a heavy heart and slightly wobbly knees. Sameer's eyes glistened with the tears that threatened to spill over. Munna instinctively gently squeezed his arm.

The Professor was extremely impressed by Naina's argument and broke into a spontaneous applause, which the rest of the class joined in. Naina weakly smiled. The Professor added " Naina, you have a wonderful way with words.. you have articulated your thoughts so concisely. You should consider joining our college debate team. Pandit immediately remarked with pride " Sir, Naina toh hai hi debate mein expert, humare school ke liye bohoot sare awards jeete hai issne..  Aur ab iss college ka bhi naam roshan karegi!..  

As the class was dismissed most of the students rushed out. Naina lingered back trying to compose herself. She had not planned to say something like this in front of the whole class! But just the night before a thought had crept into her mind about how things would have been so different if she was already married to Sameer. He wouldn't have been able to just keep whatever was bothering him to himself. He couldn't have ignored her... just cut her off from his life like this. Despite of the depth of her love, trust and concern, she did not feel empowered to push him for answers beyond a certain degree. And if it truly came to it, there was no way she would be able to stop him from walking away for good. She felt so helpless... like all her dreams were disintegrating and there was nothing she could do about it. She had remembered how after Pooja didi's marriage her Tauji had been so insistent that the marriage should be registered and a certificate obtained the very next day. At that point it had seemed so unnecessary.. but Chachaji had tried to explain how this was important to ensure Pooja's future is hassle free. Naina thought she had been very naive at that point thinking just love was enough to bind two people together.

While Naina was lost in these melancholy thoughts she failed to notice that all her friends were slowing slipping out and only Sameer was slowly but determinedly approaching her desk. As Naina sensed him close-by and lifted her eyes, she saw him standing in-front of her with misty eyes and holding one of his ears in his signature gesture. Naina looked at him holding her breath for what seemed liked an eternity... and then a sob of relief escaped from both of them. Well, some times just love is indeed enough!

Edited by SixteenAgain - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chandu80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow such a wonderful perspective. Very well written :)
_shweta98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This was very very emotional and on point. 
I'm speechless. 
Loved it.
souhasini thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wonderful os. Loved how naina opened her heart in front of sameer despite d whole class was hearing
Samaina_1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
An excellent OS dear!! 
Such a different point of view to take to overpower the manhoosiyat track. Naina was so right...even in a happy marriage, people insist on having a contract...done legally so as to keep the other accountable..I mean one cannot just ignore the other person when two parties are joined...her thoughts on how things would have been different if they were married was so apt. She could not push Sameer beyond a limit now. It was an emotional scene to read about. And thankfully, Sam realized his folly and asked for an apology- the times when love was enough! 
Wonderful! Please write more! 👏
Love
Sur
Janani214 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey, loved the OS. Its like finally all of Naina's patience ran out and she indirectly confronted Sameer and Sameer's reaction ufff him finally realising the consequences of his actions, the line Naina was losing her faith in love; amazing. You really brought out both their emotions and their true personalities also. And the last bit about how Sameer holding his ear was such an awww moment. I wish we have such a good scene in our episode as well but I also do not want Naina accepting his sorry immediately.

Oh btw as a commerce student, I did study on legal contracts so you are correct on that count.
Anjali33 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Superb OS 
I loved how Naina explained d importance of contracts by giving example if marriage👏

This contracts thing might be there in Corporate Law, I'm not sure though..its a subject in my coming semesters😊
But it's not in corporate accounting, which JBR teaches😆 anyways, I'll consider it creative liberty

The end was really cute!! Yeah, love is indeed enough sometimes❤️
mehraan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Wow..a completely different way of tackling him...I thought how legal contract is incorporated with the current stryline...A new perspective to mke Sam understand ...!Jys luved it...emotional n thought provoking!
dakshaavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wow ...very well written os.
SixteenAgain thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: chandu80

Wow such a wonderful perspective. Very well written :)

Thanks dear! Glad you liked it 😊