Loved the story 

Please pm 

jodha111 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Please update soon 

amruthameenu thumbnail

Came across this story recently...read it in one go and it's really awesome. Great work.👏

Please pm me

eishe10 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Very nice update!  Continue soon 😊

Bubbles76 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7

You Are My New Dream - Chapter 101

Hello readers, hope you all are doing great.
here is the new chapter. Sorry for being late, I have posted it on Wattpad first and then forgot to post it here.

Now continuing .... (It is not proof read, so ignore typos and grammar mistakes, will correct them tomorrow)

------

----------  After Few days

Arnav stopped the car in driveway and went out. He was glad about the warmth of the sun today. December had started and the past few days were chilly. He smiled as he moves towards his family lounging in the lawn, also soaking the warmth of the sun. "Ppaappppaaa", Arush exclaimed as he saw Arnav coming near ... the little baby started to run on his wobbly foot, as fast as his little feet could allow him towards Arnav.

A huge smile breaks out on Arnav's face as he leans down extending his arm, as he catches his son and throw him up in the air. Arush squealed in delighted and grinned wide and exclaimed, "Phirr sseeh". Arnav repeated the process of throwing him in the air few more times.

Nani, Anjali, Mamiji and Rahul were looking on the pair with a smile on their faces. Arnav gather Arush in his arms as he move towards the lawn chairs, he greeted his Nani, Di, Mamiji and Rahul and sit down on the chair, "Where is Khushi?", he asked just realizing that she was missing.

"Working", replied Anjali. "I asked her to come out in the sun but she said she wanted to finish the design she was working on".

"Khushi is very talented", said Rahul, "I haven't focused on her previous designs that much but she showed me today the one she is working on and I must say it's coming out very beautiful".

Arnav give a nod and put Arush down who went towards his big bouncing ball near Rahul's feet and extended it towards Rahul, "I swear this boy never tires out", said Rahul as he stood up and went few feet away and throw the ball at Arush who grinned and tried to kick the ball.

"Chottey, should I make you coffee?", asked Anjali as places her hand over Arnav's knee who was smiling and looking at Arush.

Arnav turned to his sister, "No Di, I will go and see Khushi", he said and stood up and move towards the front door.

"Chottey has been smiling more these days", said Nani and Anjali nodded, "And did you see Nani, how he is now playing with Arush more and more".

"Yeshh yessh bitya, our Arnav bitwa is totally changed after his marraigwa", said Mamiji.

"I am so happy to see him so happy and relaxed ... it's been days that I have seen his angry side", said Anjali, "Thank God, no more yelling".

They were not informed of Arnav's interaction with Khushi's Dadi on Akash and Payal's engagement and Arnav wanted to keep it that way only and knew that Khushi also wanted the same. They both did not want the Raizadas to know what had happened between Arnav and Khushi's Dadi.

Arnav entered his room and slowed down as he came near to the recliner. Khushi was on the floor, her head rested on her folded arms on the recliner and her eyes closed. Pencils and papers were scattered on the floor around her. Arnav smiled thinking that she must have dozed off while working on the designs. He crouched down on the floor beside her and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Khushi mumbled something in sleep and tried to get into more comfortable position. Arnav felt a bit guilty asking Khushi to work on the designs, after their discussing in detail about the designs Khushi suggested that she designs some new options and knowing her talent Arnav had agree. Khushi had been waking up early around 5am to adjust her duties of household, a mother and doing designs.

Arnav move the sketch pad from her lap and gather her in his arms and stood up. "Arnaavji...", she mumbled ever so lightly but enough for Arnav to hear. His heart swelled with love, he would never understand how Khushi always knows even in her sleep that it is him who was touching her or carrying her in his arms. He pecked her forehead and carries her to bed. He gently placed her on bed and put comforter over her.

"Arnavji ...", Khushi's eye fluttered open and saw Arnav close to her, "You are back".

"Yeah, I finished meeting early. Go to sleep. You need it", said Arnav as he caressed her face with a finger.

"Arush ...", she mumbled sleepily and tried to sit up but Arnav push her down gently.

"I will take care of him Khushi ... you must be tired. You have been up very early. Just sleep for a while hmmm", said Arnav gently and Khushi sighed, nodded and closed her eyes again ... she was indeed tired and went back to sleep in no time.

Arnav was surprised a little bit that Khushi didn't protest that she needs to see Arush herself. Normally whenever Arnav would tell her that he will look after Arush, Khushi gets skeptical and keeps a watch on him ... not that she didn't trusted Arnav with Arush's wellbeing ... its just that she didn't want Arnav to get irritated or overwhelmed with Arush's antics ... their baby is one energetic ball, bouncing here and there. From past few days seeing Arnav's interaction with Arush had made Khushi satisfied that Arnav is looking after his son and playing with him, with his own heart, not out of some responsibility and that had made Khushi immensely happy.

Arnav gathered Khsuhi's things from the floor and recliner and adjusted them on the coffee table, he eyed the designed Khushi currently was working on and its looks gorgeous ... he would discuss about the colors with Khushi later, he thought and went to the washroom to change.

----------

Khushi's eyes opened and adjusted to the low light in the room. She sits up and looks at the clock on wall, its 7:50pm.

"Oh my ...", said Khushi as she climbed out of bed, her eyes darted towards recliner and saw her things neatly put on the coffee table. She went to the washroom to get freshen up remembering that Arnav had carried her to bed.

She went down and saw Naniji and Mamiji conversing in the living. She went over to them and asked for Arush and Arnav. Nani told her that Arush is sleep with Anjali in her room and Arnav is in his study. She nodded and went to study room. She saw Arnav engrossed in his laptop, typing something. Khushi went up to him and saw Arnav give a smile to her and then went back to typing. Khushi stood behind him and put her arms around him and her chin on his shoulder. Arnav looks up as Khushi lean down and peck his cheek.

She watched him type out an email to Aman and when he was done he looked to side and wound an arm around Khushi and pull her on his lap.

"Arnavji ...", Khushi yelped with the sudden movement.

Arnav nuzzles her neck and Khushi sighed as she caresses his nape. Arnav places a kiss in crook of her neck and move upwards towards her lips, capturing them in sweet slow kiss.

Khushi sighed in contentment as they pulled back from the kiss. They didn't said anything and just reel in the comfort of each other. "I like the design you did today", murmurs Arnav against her neck.

"Ohh that ...", said Khushi and instantly climb out of Arnav's lap.

"What the", Arnav was not expecting the jerk.

"I will back ... wait ... wait", said Khushi and hurried out of the room.

Arnav shakes his head, "Pagal ha ...", he smiles.

After 2-3 minutes Khushi came inside, holding her sketch pad and few papers in her hand. She went to stand beside Arnav, pushes his laptop away and put her sketch pad in front of him

"See this one", said Khushi as she flipped back two pages.

Arnav was awestruck seeing the bridal design, a contemporary mix of indian and western style.

"You made this? When?", asked Arnav being surprised.

"Two days back", said Khushi, "I was having a bit difficulty with the dupatta, it doesn't seem right to me so I opted out of it and went for the drape instead".

"Its seriously very cool Khushi", said Arnav genially praising her.

"You like it?", asked Khushi still somewhat not sure, whether is up to the mark or not.

"Khushi, seriously, its so unique ... even I could not come with this idea", said Arnav as he takes her hand in his, "Why you always feel apprehensive about your designs? Since the time you had joined AR they are nothing but perfect".

Khushi shrugs, "I don't know, I always feel that it can be better ... like it still has room for improvement".

"Not this one", said Arnav pointing to the design opened on the sketch pad, "Wait ..", saying that he takes his cell phone took a picture of the design and send it to Lavanya and typed a message to tell him what she thinks about this design.

"Now Lavanya will tell you if you don't believe me", said Arnav.

"Its not that Arnavji ...", said Khushi feeling a little shy that Arnav finds her design so good.

"I want you to lead the design team", said Arnav shocking Khushi.

"What lead? But ... but ... Vijay is already doing it and ...", Khushi was saying it but Arnav cut in, "Vijay is not specifically leading the team that is working on designs for the London Fashion show. He is taking care of our calendar shoot and New Year shoot with our spring shoot as well. So his attention is divided in various places. I was already thinking to select some one that can separately and properly lead the team for our London Fashion Show and now I think no one will be better than you".

"But Arnavji, there are designer who are working way before me in AR, I think someone from them should lead", said Khushi chewing on her nails ... she didn't want others to think that she is taking advantage of being wife of their boss ... already some employees doesn't like her because of her new status.

"Khushi ... last I remember I am the boss and only I can decide and no one will dare question my decision", said Arnav seriously as his eyes scans Khushi's worried face, "I know why are you saying this ... and I don't care what other people think. I only care about the Fashion Show and I want it to be successful".

Khushi bit her lip, still thinking how to make Arnav understand not to choose her.

"Khushi ...", Arnav called her name gently as he takes both of her hands ... he knows what tactic he should apply, "Please do it for me ...", said in a hopeful way.

Khushi looked at Arnav face, getting emotional at the he was looking at her with all the hope in the world ... and she could never deny him ...

"Ok Arnavji ...".

----------  Next Day @ AR --- Afternoon

Annie's mouth opened in shock and she gaped at Arnav as if he had grown another head, she just could not believe the words that had come out of Arnav's mouth.

" ... and remove that sofa and place an extra carpet there to make it more comfortable for Arush. Also add a Minnie fridge and microwave in here. I want them installed today and ...", Arnav was saying when he looked up and stopped seeing the dumfounded and open mouthed Annie.

"Annie ... Annie", said Arnav but found no change in her. He punched the table with force, "Dammit it ... are you even listening?".

Annie came out of her shock, "Ye ..es..ss Siir .. Sorry", she said quickly and, "Minnie fridge and microwave oven ... got it".

"Stock those with baby formula milk, apples, fruit cake and some sweet things that babies like to eat. I will ask Khushi for specifics and will email them to you. I want these things done asap. Khushi will be working here from tomorrow and I don't want her to worry about these things".

"Yes Sir ... got it", said Annie.

Just then Arnav's cell ring and he looked at the screen. Akash was calling.

"Now go ..", said Arnav as he waved a hand at Annie and picked Akash's call, "Yes Akash, what's the outcome tell me"

Annie move out of the cabin still in shock at what Arnav had asked her. He wanted a portion of his cabin to be changed to the comfort of a baby ... not any cabin ... his own personal office cabin. About which he was so particular since the beginning. No change in colors, no change in furniture, no change in décor, it's been the exact same since the start, exception being the addition of awards and 2 paintings.

He wanted a baby crib, comforter, extra carpet, puzzle foam boxes of babies, a changing table, diapers and Minnie fridge and microwave oven, so that when Khushi is busy working, Arush can be taken care of in his own cabin.

"woow ...", whispered Annie, still not believing that it's the same ASR who had a specific policy written in the company rule book that no one is allowed to bring their children during office hours and now his own son will be here.

--------- After Some Time

"Why does Khushi have to be the lead?", said Sonia angrily, "She doesn't even have that much experience ... I have been working in AR longer than her ... almost 3 years now".

Ajay chuckled, "You expect ASR to make you the lead, or me or any one of us .. .Phhleeaasee ... not happening in his life".

"That's so not fair", huffed Sonia.

"Chill guys, if ASR has made Khushi our lead then he must have a reason", said Suman, "We all know that ASR never takes decision that is not good for AR. His decisions always give the fruitful results".

"Not this one ... let me tell you I will not let that Khushi dictate me around", said Sonia.

"Sonia stop it now. Khushi is our lead now. Whether you like it or not. Do you want to get kicked off this team?", said Suman.

"Why do you always takes side of Khushi", asked Raj, another member of their group.

"I always side with whats right Raj", said Suman folding her arms over her chest, "Not once Khushi had said anything to us since she got married to ASR. It was always Sonia who would remark her in the first place only then Khushi retaliated. She was never the one to start the arguments ... tell me if I am wrong Sonia?".

Sonia didn't say anything but averted her eyes. It was true.

Today Arnav had called all designer to the big conference room where he announced that he is dividing them into 3 teams, one will work on calendar and New Year designs, one will work on the spring collection and last will work on the London fashion show. Sonia was happy when she got selected into the last team along with Suman, Ajay, Karthik, Rehaan, Prachi and Alisha. But her happiness was short lived when Arnav announced that Khushi will be the Team Lead.

ASR has told everyone in no nonsense tone that no one will dare disrespect Khushi and any bad behavior will result in suspension or more termination.

"Look guys, I know you 3 don't like Khushi ... but let's be professional here. She is here for work and we should also concentrate on work. We will be working for the London Fashion Show and it's a very big opportunity for us. Our name will be published ... we will get worldwide recognition. Just keep these things in mind and give our best ... ok", said Suman.

When Raj, Ajay and Sonia didn't said anything, Suman give them angry glare, "Ok guys?".

"Ok ...", mumbled Sonia while Ajay and Raj nodded. Raj was not in their team but he would likely to be around them as he was their friend.

--------   @ Mumbai --- Evening

Payal smiles inwardly as she looked at the 4.5 year old Sarah standing infront of her, who has her hands folded and was asking questions.

"And mommy said you are going to live with Mr. A now?", she asked again.

"Ah yes, not now dear. When I get married to Mr. A, then after that I will live with him", said Payal as she tried not to laugh.

"And when will you get married to Mr. A?", she asked again.

"Um ... next year November", said Payal

Sarah scrunched her face, trying to calculate, "Its too far away", she said after few seconds.

"Yup, so you don't have to worry my love. Mr. A is not leaving you so soon", said Payal.

"But ... but ... after he gets married then he will have a new princess then ... then I will not be his princess anymore", said Sarah as her lips wobble.

Payal's heart melted and she extended her hand and takes Sarah's hand, "Come here sweety", she lovingly gather Sarah in her arms, "Remember this, only you will be the princess for Mr. A ok ... not me ... not any other girl. A prince always has only one princess and Mr. A's princess is you."

"But when you get married, won't you become his princess?", asked Sarah.

"Um no ... I will be his wife, his friend. But you will always be his princess. No one can take your place, believe me on this", said Payal.

"Promise ?", asked Sarah.

"Yeah sweety, I promise", said Payal.

"Yeaah ... thankyou", said Sarah as she hugged Payal.

"Finally ...", said Akash as he move closer to them, "You made friends with her".

Sarah pull back and look up at Akash, "She is not that bad and she said no one can be your princess but me only", she gives a biggest smile she could muster up.

Akash look at Payal in surprise, who lightly shakes her head. Sarah move back, "I will tell mommy now", with that she hurried away in direction of Kitchen.

"Everything alright?", asked Akash as he sit down beside Payal.

"Yeah ... she was worried that when I get married to you I will become your princess and she will lose her place as your only princess so I promised her that no one can take her place. She will always be Mr. A's princess", said Payal with a smile.

"Yeah ... she is kind of ... I mean just a little bit possessive about me", said Akash not to be feel shy.

"Just a little bit?", said Payal teasingly, "She was grilling me with questions after questions like who am I? What I am going here with you? Why you are getting married to me? Seriously my best friend didn't even grill me like that".

"oh sorry about that. I will talk to her not to behave like that with you", said Akash his expressions serious, he was about to stand up when Payal held his hand, "Arey I was just teasing you ... no need to talk to Sarah about it. As you have seen just a while ago, we made up. So relax".

"You sure?", asked Akash.

"Come on Akash", she playfully nudges her shoulder with his, making him surprise with her gesture, "Sania already warned me on the call about Sarah so I was prepared and honestly its quite lovely to see someone possessive about you.", said Payal.

"Oh .. ok .. yeah", said Akash getting a bit embarrassed.

"Dinner is ready come on guys", said Sania a bit loudly as she came out of kitchen holding a big tray. Akash was relieved as he didn't know what to reply to Payal. They both move towards the dining table where Sania and Manav were placing the food and utensils.

Payal enjoyed her time and dinner with Akash's friends. Sania and Manav couldn't make it to their engagement and Sania had been insisting him to bring Payal over for lunch or dinner. Payal was surprised when she received a call from Sania few days back, congratulating her on engagement and inviting her to dinner. But as Akash was in Dehli it got delayed and when he came to Mumbai yesterday for work Sania didn't waste time and called her today to invite her. She was reluctant at first but her best friend Ritu made her realized that as she is engaged to Akash now she will be part of his life including his friends among other things.

After meeting Sania and Manav her reluctance was gone. They are good people and Akash's best friends from their university days. They shared many stories, few of them made Payal laughed and she stored them in her memory to tease Akash about it later on.

------------

"What? You want to say something?", asked Akash as he looked over to Payal who was been sneaking glances towards him from past 3-4 minutes. They have left Sania and Manav's place just few minutes ago and now heading towards Payal's home to drop her.

"um nothing", said Payal and look out from car window ... but then she looked back at Akash, "Hows your work going? Um how is Arnavji and everyone at the office?".

Akash was surprised by her question why is she asking about people in the office but he didn't asked, "Everything is going great. Bhai is doing ok".

"Just ok ... I mean is he alright? Not angry or upset?", asked Payal and quickly chided herself as she look at Akash's questioning look.

"Angry? No ... why would bhai be angry?", asked Akash, "Is something the matter?".

"Um no ... I was just asking", said Payal and look outside. Akash wanted to press her why is she asking about Arnav or his anger ... he couldn't help but feel that something must have happen that Payal is not telling him

"Did bhai scold you or something?", he asked.

"What? No ... why would he scold me?", Payal was surprised by the question.

"Then why are asking if he is angry or not?", asked Akash and waited for Payal to answer but she didn't said anything .

"Look if something has happened, you can tell me. We are friends first remember?", said Akash, "And if bhai has misbehaved with your or scold you then I can talk to hi ..."

"Oh no no ...", said Payal cutting him mid-sentence, "Arnavji didn't said anything to me ... don't say anything to him ok. I was just asking because usually he gets angry easily no?"

Akash nodded and didn't said anything further, thinking what could be the matter, he didn't want to force Payal to tell him ... he wanted her to tell her on her own ... but sometime waiting can get really annoying.
Payal fidgeted with her fingers, she could see that Akash is a bit irritated with her. He was open about everything in his life, his feelings, his friends, his thoughts and expectations. Why can't she do the same? After Sidharth she had always felt reluctant to share her feelings and thoughts. Khushi and NK were always there for her, not judging her, but still she would somehow hold herself back even with them.

They didn't say anything to each other, both thinking over their thoughts. Soon they reached Payal's house and Akash stopped the car in front of the gate.

"Um Akash ... I ... I need to talk about something", said Payal and Akash was glad to hear it, "Yes I also feel that you want to say something but you are hesitating. I want to tell you that you can share anything with me Payal. We are engaged and soon will be married ... but we are friends first and I don't want you to ever feel that you have to hide something from or feel reluctant to share your thoughts. So tell me what is the matter?".

Akash didn't pried further, he gave Payal time to gather her thoughts or words she was struggling with. Payal took a deep breath and started telling him what happened at their engagement. Akash was surprised, angry, worried and annoyed.

"Khushi told me that Arnavji is not upset with us but I couldn't help but feel that he is. I asked her to ask Arnavji to come here on weekend but they didn't. Arnavji said that he is busy but I couldn't help but feel that it's just an excuse. He doesn't want to come here, he is still upset with my parents ... that's why I asked if Arnavji is angry or seem upset or I don't know what to say anything else", said Payal as her voice cracked at the end.

"Payal ... relax", Akash took her hand in his, "Bhai is not angry, that I can guarantee you. If you haven't told me then I would never have guessed that something is wrong with bhai or Khushi. Now I think on it, I haven't seen both of them upset either. Bhai has been nothing but all smiles these past few days. Will you believe me if I tell you that he has been interacting with Arush more and more. Whenever he gets back home, he goes straight to Arush or Arush runs to him as soon as he sees bhai. They both are just inseparable these days. Di told me that Arush gets cranky when she and Khushi try to take him away from bhai to make him sleep", said Akash with a smile.

"Really? I thought he gets cranky when Khushi is not around", said Payal genially surprised.

"He does get cranky but now a day his attention is more towards bhai. I think I haven't seen bhai smile that much in past years. He is really happy and just yesterday I think Di was saying that she was thankful that it's been days that we have seen Bhai angry, not even a single yell these past few days", said Akash as rubs his thumb on Payal's hand, "Bhai is not the one who use excuse to get out of something. Bhai is pretty straight forward. He is not upset with your parents but yes he will never want to see your Dadi again nor will he let Khushi go to Luckhnow now".

"Khushi said the same thing to me that Arnavji will never go to Luckhnow again nor he will let her go. But what Amma have told me Arnavji was furious with Dadi, he threaten her", said Payal.

"I know. Bhai loves Khushi a lot and he will never stand and let the other person just be. I am surprised that he hasn't acted on his threats. If it was some business rival or any other person he would have been having a taste of his doom. But I guess it's your Dadi thats why Bhai just threaten and not acted. He would never want to upset Khushi, though he doesn't care about other people, he does cares what our family and person he loves most thinks of his actions", said Akash.

"So why haven't he come here? Amma and Baba really wanted him to come so they can make up to him", said Payal sadly.

"I am sure Bhai must have talked to them, right?", asked Akash and Payal nodded, "And I am sure he must have apologize to your parents as well, right? That he is sorry for the way he behaved and sorry that he could not come here?".

"Yeah ...", said Payal, thinking that indeed Arnav have apologized to her parents for not coming to Mumbai.

"Bhai is really busy Payal. Aman is not here, he is in London till March. And bhai doesn't trust any other person beside Aman regarding AR. I am not saying that he doesn't trust me. But Aman was always here working beside him and it's the first time he is not here and its making Bhai agitated in regards of work. He wants to handle everything himself now, before the work was divided between Aman and Bhai ... Aman would handle most of the work and bhai have to make final decision but now bhai is his handling everything it. I asked him to involve me but he said he has everything under control", said Akash, "So don't worry, I am sure he will defiantly visit as soon as he gets over with London Fashion Show ... just you wait and see".

"Ok if you say so", said Payal lightly.

"I know my brother Payal. He strives for perfection. He will not rest until our London Fashion Show gets successful", said Akash with a smile.

"Yeah, Khushi use to complain how much of a workaholic Arnavji is", said Payal smiling in return.

"Yes so just relax, don't think of these things. I am also very upset with your Dadi. Khushi doesn't deserve that treatment. But as I know Khushi, she has a big heart. She must have forgotten about it but bhai will never ... but I know for sake of Khushi bhai will try to forget it too", said Akash.

"He really does Khushi a lot", said Payal.

"A lot might be a smaller word for what Bhai and Khushi has ... its more of a magical connection", said Akash.

"Magical connection?", Payal laughed, "Sarah is rubbing off on you ... with all her fairytales stories and expectations".

"Well I am her prince ... so yeah", said Akash.

"So cute ...", said Payal and she pinches Aakash's cheek. The gesture startled not only Akash but Payal as well.

"Um ... um ... I should go now", said Payal feeling shy and climb out of the car and hurried to the front door of her house. She ringed the bell and look back at Akash, who had his hand on his cheek. Payal blushed more and prayed for her mother or father to open the door quickly. Just then the door opened and she thanked the Devi Maiya. Giving a last shy smile to Akash she went inside.

Akash let out the breath he was holding ... his heart was thudding. The gesture was not that grant, like a kiss or a peck, but coming from Payal ... it was a big step for both of their relations.

--------- Next Day @ AR

Khushi pressed her lips as she was the members of her team. Sonia was giving her hard looks while rest of the team was looking at her curiously. Khushi took a deep breath and smile at them, "Hello guys, nice to see you all. Well I am guess Arnavji must have told you about why you guys are in this team. Without wasting it lets get to work, we need to come up with indian traditional and bridal outfits with western contemporary mix style.", said Khushi and place her sketch on the scanner which was attached to the projector. She put off the lights and clicked on the projector. Her sketched displayed on the white clear wall behind her. She stepped to side, as team members started to murmur among them

"wow Khushi ... its gorgeous", said Prachi, "Did you designed this?".

"Yeah ...", said Khushi, "I was working on the designed for the past week and this is the one that Arnavji finalized as one of the outfit for the fashion show".

"Its beautiful", said Karthik, "It must be a show stopper dress right?".

"Thanks Karthik and no we haven't decided about the show stopper dress. Right now we need to come with ideas ... the indian and western contemporary", said Khushi and then went on to explain her thoughts and reasons for the design and colors and few points that Arnav discussed with her.

"As you all know this fashion show is really very important for AR and Arnavji ... so we need to do our best. And being a part of this team proves that Arnavji thinks that we can pull it off. So lets just start with ideas and discussion for today then we will start with the sketching tomorrow. Arnavji said a conference will solely be prepared for us", said Khushi and she switched on the light with the remote in her hand and shut the projector off.

"Can I see the sketch Mam?", asked Alisha, one of the designer coming near to Khushi.

"Ofcourse ... and please call me Khushi", said Khushi with a smile, "Please no Mam for me and that goes for everyone".

"Not for ASR, he will not like us calling you by your name", said Sonia in serious tone.

Khushi looked at her with annoyance and then turn to Alisha, "No Mam, just Khushi.", and then she give a once over to every person in the room, "And it's applicable to all of you guys. No Mam. I am sure your ASR will not object to it as I have said it. I want to work as a team. I don't want you to guys feel hesitate to voice out your thoughts and ideas. Just keep in mind that we need to do best and every suggestion is welcome"

Alisha smiles at Khushi, "Ok Khushi".

"Will ASR be supervising us?", asked Ajay

"Not sure ... but yeah if an idea has the potential to be finalized it will run by Arnavji first. Of course his approval is needed to proceed ahead. But for the next few days we need to come with ideas and possible rough sketches".

Everyone murmurs in agreement and Khushi hoped that things run smoothly but she also doubted somewhere that she will not be getting any cordial behavior from Sonia and Ajay ... specifically Sonia.

And she was right.

In the next few days they all have discussed different ideas and styles to cover the traditional and bridal line for the fashion show. All members have arguments with each other over ideas, styles, colors, fabrics etc. some were constructive and some were non-sense. Khushi's patience was thinning with Sonia, who kept on questioning Khushi's every idea or suggestion. Others did too but not like Sonia and very few times Ajay. It's like she was on a mission to prove Khushi wrong or may be to prove that she is not fit for the team lead position about which she had remarked to Khushi few times when no one was around to listen.

On the 9th day of working together Khushi's patience snapped, when once again Sonia passed a very bad comment on her sketch which she had spent last 4 days working on. Karthik and Alisha also passed comments on the sketch but they were merely suggestions to make it more stand out. And truth be told Khushi didn't mind their comments because one, their tone or comments were friendly and second Karthik had been to various countries and had study their fashion culture and he was helping a great deal in making others understand about fashion culture, he would also argue with Khushi but she enjoyed their arguments as they were constructive and learning.

Khushi slapped both her hands on table and stood up from chair, glaring towards Sonia who was sitting one seat away from here, "What's you problem Sonia? Why do you hate me so much?".

There was a pin drop silence in the room and everyone was now looking at them.

"What? I don't have any problem I was just suggesting that the skirt is not at all matching with our theme, its very roguish", said Sonia trying not to show the nervousness that crept on her seeing Khushi angry demeanour.

"Karthik, do you think its roguish?", asked Khushi looking towards Karthik.

"Not at all, but I do think we can play with colors and come out with more options, but the designs patterns and layering is perfect", said Karthik smoothly.

"Alisha, Prachi, Suman, what do you think?", asked Khushi looking at the 3 girls, who answered in the same lines of Karthik.

"You are out voted, your suggestion is down right pathetic Sonia", said Khushi angrily.

Sonia sit straight in her chair, "Now listen you, I was j ...", she was saying when Khushi cut in, "Are you in love with my husband?".

There was a stunned silence again. Sonia opened her mouth to answer but no words came out she was shocked with Khushi's question.

"Tell me do you have a crush on him? Feelings for him? Were you wishing to end up together?", Khushi shoot out questions.

"Khushi that's not correct", Ajay was saying when Khushi held up her hand, "Please Ajay I am taking to Sonia".

"Its not true", said Sonia quickly, "Why would you think that? It's nonsense and ...", but Khushi cut her once again, "Because since the time Arnavji had announced our engagement you have been nothing but down right mean to me. Passing remarks about me being middle class, trying to trap rich guys and trying to act all good to gain sympathies around office and what not. I have never said anything to you, never argued with you over anything. But you force me to retaliate and this time it has gone out of hands, you are questioning my ability to work as a team lead", Khushi pointed a finger to herself, "Arnavji choose me himself, I denied because I knew I would be getting this treatment from your group ... but he told me he want no one else to lead this team but me and everyone knows here that his decisions never fails. If you are so dense to see that then there is the door (she pointed to the room door) and walk yourself out. We can do without you pretty good".

"You cannot do that. You don't have any right to kick me off the team", said Sonia.

"Try me", said Khushi confidently. "I don't want to use this card, but being your boss's wife, it makes me your boss as well and I can not only kick you off this team but can also fire you on this every minute".

Sonia was surprised and scared at the same time. She would never want to lose her job at AR.

"But I will never do that. It will always be up to Arnavji to take decisions about employees but this is a warning Sonia. Work as a professional, as a proper team member. There is a difference between being constructive and being mean", said Khushi releasing a deep breath, "Just please don't make me take the decision I don't want to ... but if you ...", she was saying when the door opened and crying voice came in first.

"Arush ...", Khushi instantly move towards the door from which Arnav had come in with a crying Arush in his arms, "Maammaa ..." he cried seeing Khushi and lifted his arms towards her.

"What happened?", asked Khushi as she takes Arush in her arms.

"Bad dream I guess", said Arnav as he lovingly fingers Arush's hair, who had quiet down now being in his mother's arm ... just sniffing.

"He slept?", asked Khushi being surprise.

"Yeah, you still doubt that I can't make him sleep haan", said Arnav with a little smirk.

"He was so energized this morning, I thought it will be difficult to make him sleep before evening", said Khushi as she caresses his head and swaying Arush in her arms.

"Yeah but he was playing since the time he came here. When I gave him milk around 3 his eyes were drooping so I did what you do usually ... take him in arms and sway and move around the room ... he was out in minutes ... just woken up crying", said Arnav, "Sorry to disturb your work, I tried to make him stop crying but he was asking for you".

"Its ok Arnavji", said Khushi lightly as she put her cheek on Arush's head, noticing every pair on eyes on them.

"I will check his diaper and will see to him", said Khushi looking over others in the room and she took a step to side when Arnav takes her arm, "Everything alright here? No trouble?", said Arnav getting back into his ASR mode as he give a look at everyone one in the room and they all looked down towards their pads. He didn't miss Khushi's expression when he had opened the door. His eyes always sought her face whenever he is near her. She was angry and looking at Sonia or may be Ajay? Were they having an argument?, thought Arnav.

"Yes everything going good", said Khushi giving him a smile and then she move out of the room.

"Prachi", Arnav called her out.

"Yes ASR?", said Prachi standing up from her seat. Sonia was looking at her nervously, is she going to tell ASR about me and Khushi arguing?

"Can you please gather Khushi's things and bring them to my cabin", said Arnav and Prachi nodded. He went to the door, "And you guys can take an early off if you want to, Khushi won't be coming back", with that he went out of cabin.

Prachi started gathering Khushi's things. Sonia let out a breath which she seems to be holding.

"You are lucky that Khushi didn't said anything to ASR, or else you would be walking out of this office right now", said Karthik.

"Just shut up ok. I didn't do anything wrong", said Sonia.

"Wrong is a pretty small word to what you are doing Sonia", said Alisha standing up, "We are not blind. What Khushi said was true, we also notice how every time she gives a suggestion or idea you are first one to speak against it even without thinking on it".

"Yeah ... if I was in her place, I would have kicked you off this team days ago", said Rehaan, "She is very friendly and never once acted as our boss but more like a team mate. You should learn to do it".

"I know how to be friendly. Thank you very much, you don't need to tell me", said Sonia irritatingly and started to collect her things.

"But let me tell you this Sonia", said Karthik as he stands up, "If you don't change your attitude towards Khushi I will personally go to ASR and tell him everything happening in this room".

"Yes me too.", said Alisha

Sonia looks at them both irritatingly and Suman grabs her arm and squeeze it, "Don't say anything. Lets just go from here", said Suman in a serious tone and went to the door.

Sonia look at her friend, she can see that she isn't happy with her either. She huffed and went out of room following Suman.

Arnav enter his cabin and saw Khushi sitting on the sofa with Arush in her lap talking to him and Arush had his head placed on her chest.

"I think he is still sleepy", said Arnav as he come close.

"Hmm... but I don't think so he will sleep again easily", said Khushi and tried to make Arush sit straight but he make a crying sound and put his head on Khushi's chest again.

Arnav went to his crib on the other end of the cabin and takes his milk bottle from the stand and heat it up in the oven. He gives brings the bottle near Arush's face, "Arush ... do you want milk?", he said and Arush instantly move back and took the bottle and make a cooing sound. "Try, he might sleep again", said Arnav and went over to his chair, "I gave your team an early off, so you don't have to go back".

Khushi nodded as she lays Arush on her lap, with his milk bottle he didn't fuss more and happily started drinking it. Khushi started to sway him and sings poems in soft voice. Arush's eyes started to droop and Khushi smiles, thinking that now Arnav can guess things about Arush. It makes Khushi so happy that Arnav is giving more attention to Arush and things related to him.

There was knock on the door and Arnav called the person in. Prachi came inside and move towards Khushi, she places her bag, sketch pad and papers on sofa beside Khushi.

"Thanks", said Khushi.

"Mentioned not", said Prachi and lovingly caresses Arush's hair, "He is sleeping now?"

"Yeah ... his sleep was not complete so its good that he is sleeping again otherwise he will get cranky and annoyed", said Khushi.

Prachi nodded, "Arnavji gave us early off so I am going home now". Khushi nodded, "Did he ask you anything? Did someone say anything?, asked Khushi in low tone.

"No, ASR didn't asked anything neither anyone said anything", said Prachi understanding Khushi's question.

"Good ... that's good. I don't want Arnavji to get angry on anyone", said Khushi.

"Then let's hope Sonia takes your warning seriously otherwise we both know ASR will found out  soon enough if Sonia keeps showing attitude", said Prachi.

"Yeah I know, I will handle Sonia, you go now ... take care ok. I will see you tomorrow", said Khushi and Prachi bid goodbye to her and move out of cabin.

In next few minutes Arush was sleeping again and Khushi then place him in the crib and went over to Arnav.

"See he asleep again", said Arnav with a smile and Khushi couldn't help but lean down and capture Arnav's lips in a deep intense kiss.

"Khushi ...", said Arnav looking into her eyes questioningly after breaking from kiss.

"I love you", said Khushi in a whisper, "You amaze me".

"Of course I do. I am Arnav Singh Raizada", said Arnav arrogantly.

Khushi playfully smack on his shoulder and before she can say anything Arnav wound his arm around her pulling her close making her sit on his lap.

"Arnavji ... what are you doing? Someone will come", said Khushi as she tried to move away from his lap.

"No one will come. I told you before. Beside Aman and you, no one can come un-announced", said Arnav and then he opens a drawer on the left side of his table and takeout a small remote and presses a button on it. They both here a click sound and Khushi looked at him stunned.

"And now its locked", said Arnav with smirk.

"You ... you ... lock... put lock on...", Khushi was too stunned to say anything. Arnav had put electronic lock on his cabin door which can only be open or close with the remote control he has now.

"Yes I did...", he answered her un-asked question and then proceeded to show her his reasons by placing kisses all over her face, neck and shoulder as his hand roams all over her back and front.

---------   2 days Later --- Lunch time

"Wow you really said that to her", said NK being very surprised as she listens to Khushi telling him her argument with Sonia. They both had come out to their usual café for lunch.

"yeah I did. I was sick and tired of her non-sense. And I really wanted to know why she hates me so much", said Khushi.

"She is just jealous Kuku", said NK, "She is working here in AR for the past 3 years and never once she was made a team lead. And you haven't even completed your full year with AR and you are a team lead and ASR's wife".

"hmmm... I really don't want to use 'being ASR's wife' card with Sonia or any other. I like to work as a team mate more than a team lead", said Khushi innocently.

"Does anyone else gives you trouble?", asked NK curiously.

"Nope. Just Sonia and sometimes Ajay passes remarks but its Sonia mostly who does the arguing", said Khushi

"Kick her off the team then", said NK with a wave of his hand.

"I can't do that", said Khushi a bit surprise with his suggestion, "Plus she is really good in her work ... she just have attitude".

"That's why I am saying, kick her off the team. It will teach her a lesson", said NK with a mischievous grin.

"I am not doing that. I did give her a warning. I think she won't do it again. And if she does, then I can handle her", said Khushi confidently, "She doesn't scare me".

NK look at her with a smile and was proud that Khushi has become confident in herself, "Well I am really glad to hear it. And I sure that you can handle yourself in every situation now".

"Of course I can", said Khushi sitting straight, "I am Khushi Singh Raizada now", and give a proud expression.

"Yea right ... but you will always be kuku to me", said NK with love.

"Awwh my gummy bear", Khushi stand up a bit so that she can reach to NK and pinches his cheek.

"Not here, come on", said NK rubbing his cheek. Khushi stick out her tongue at him making NK chuckled.

"Well I am surely gona miss this", said NK in low tone but enough for Khushi to hear, "And I will be relaxed knowing that now you don't need me to stand up for you and I will be less worried for you now".

"I will always need you NK, you are my best friend", said Khushi with a smile.

"I know, and you are my best friend. But we are not like before now. You are married. Have a husband and have a son too", said NK.

"NK ...what's wrong?", asked Khushi feeling that NK is not telling her something important.

NK shakes her head and smile at her, "Neerav got the inter-change student scholarship and he will be going to Australia for the last 2 years of his bachelors".

"Oh my ... congratulations yaar ... it's a good news", said Khushi being happy, "You had me worried there for s second".

"Khushi he will be leaving next year in February to start his new semester. Mom will be alone in Mumbai after he leaves", said NK now with a serious expression.

"Oh ...", said Khushi looking at NK and her mind running fast connecting dots, "Oh ... you will be going back then?".

"I have to ... I cannot leave Mom alone neither I want Neerav to stay back for her. He really wants this and worked hard for it", said NK.

"True ... he should go. It's a very good opportunity", said Khushi.

"Yeah I know that's why I decided to go back to Mumbai. My one year contract will be finished in January. I will not renew it but will ask Akash to transfer me back to Mumbai and renew my contract for AR Mumbai branch", said NK a bit sadly.

"No you are right ...", said Khushi feeling a bit sad too, "We cannot leave aunty alone. You have to go ... and ... and you will be getting married in July right. Naina is also there, her family your family is in Mumbai".

"Yes. When we both came here, we thought we will be here for a year and then we will go back to Mumbai, who knew that you will fall in love with ASR ... but its destiny. It happened. You are married. Happy. Settled. That why I am satisfied that you are in good hands. That's why I was able to make this decision to go back", said NK taking Khushi hand on the table.

"You are right. I am happy here. I have Arnavji, Arush, Anjali Di, Rahul bhai and others. I am happy and now its time for you to get your happiness too. You also need to settle down and I know your life is back in Mumbai", said Khushi with a smile squeezing his hand assuringly.

Just then their food arrive, but no one was touching it.

"Khushi no matter what, no matter where I am or will be, I am just a call away", said NK taking Khushi's hand again, "Whenever you need me, call me, I will be here for you".

"I know NK and same goes for you. Whenever you need me ... call me ok?", said Khushi and then pick up the spoon and dig it in her food, "Now smile and eat".

NK did smile and they ate their lunch. They talked about Neerav and NK's wedding. Both were sad to be apart soon but both were happy as well to get settled in their life.

--------- Later at Night

Arnav came out of the washroom and went to his side table, he took of his watch and place on it. He looks over to crib, Arush was sleeping, and then he looked over to Khushi who was standing in front of mirror brushing her hair. Her hand was moving very slowly and she was lost in thoughts. Arnav couldn't help but feel that she was rather quite since the time they came home from office.

He went over to her and hugs her from behind. Khushi got startled and then smile seeing Arnav in the mirror.

"What's wrong? Why are you so quite today? I can't help but feel that you are sad or upset about something", said Arnav as he places his chin on her shoulder.

Khushi sighed and push the brush down and places her hand above his, "NK is going back to Mumbai".

"So he will be back here after his leave", said Arnav and saw Khushi shaking her head and then she told Arnav about her and NK's conversation over the lunch.

Arnav makes Khushi face him and saw tears in her eyes, "Do you want me to stop him? I can do  changes in his current contract that he cannot leave for another 4 to 5 years"

"What? You can do that? But ... but I thought once it is signed you cannot change the contract", said Khushi being surprised.

"Sweetheart you are forgetting who I am", said Arnav with a smirk, "I own AR. I can do whatever I want and having a higher number of shares also comes handy".

"But you can't change contract Arnavji ... its illegal", said Khushi still surprised.

Arnav shrugs, "I have my ways. I can change contracts and no one can question it. They do call me ruthless for a reason you know".

Khushi was highly surprised with his answer, "You can do that. Change NK's contract?"

"I can do anything for you sweetheart", said Arnav as he nudges his nose with her, "I know how much NK means to you and its makes you sad that he is going back and I cannot see you sad".

Khushi's heart melted, "Thank you but you don't need to do anything Arnavji. NK's family and his real life is back at Mumbai and when we came here we didn't thought that my life will change like this. I am with you, happy and settled and I want the same for NK. I will be sad for few days but then I will be alright".

"Sure?", asked Arnav.

"yes I am", said Khushi as she cups his cheek, "But thank you".

"Thank you for?", asked Arnav.

"Doing anything for me", said Khushi as she pecks his lips.

"No doubt about it Khushi. I can do anything for you", said Arnav huskily.

"I know", said Khushi and places her lips on him. Arnav gladly opens his mouth to give Khushi space to glides her tongue inside and they kissed passionately. They broke apart only when needed to breath. Without saying a word Arnav took her hand and move towards the wardrobe area. After kissing Khushi like this he just have to have her now.

Khushi tugs on his hand making him stop, "Khushi please you know...", Arnav left the sentence incomplete knowing that she understands what he needs at this moment.

Khushi takes him to bed and make him sit on it and to Arnav's shock she took off her kurti and places her hand on Arnav's chest making him fall back on the bed.

"And I can do anything for you", said Khushi just above his lips and then parting his lips with her tongue ... she kisses him with fervor.

She knows that Arnav likes to make love to her on bed. He has no complains making love to her on the recliner in the wardrobe area, or on sink counter in washroom or in their shower stall but she know he prefers their bed.

Arnav knew what she meant and he grabs her waist and flip them, making Khushi lay on bed and coming on top of her, "I know", he smirks and then went back to kissing her.

--------- To Be Continued ....

Do press like and comment guys ... will be looking forward to it. I know this chapter isn't much but just closing everything up as the next chapter will be the LAST ONE.

chinnulu thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Amazing Update

All Raizadas are happy to see a change in Arnav and he accepting Arush without any hesitation.  Yes, with the entry of Khushi into his life he has come a long way who was once an arrogant brooding man is now changed into a complete family man still with the same protection qualities and will do anything to see them happy. Loved how Arnav made sure Arush will be comfortable in his office while he and Khushi are working. Though Khushi was skeptical in accepting the team lead position, loved how Arnav made her accept it saying she deserves to be the lead. Overall everything is going on fine in Arnav's and Khushi's life.

It was nice seeing Payal is coming out of her past and trying to open up with Akash while Akash being patient and understanding which is what making Payal move forward and make their relationship work. 

Sonia really needed that warning from Khushi and glad she got the message knowing one wrong move from her will put her out of AR which she never wanted to happen. One person from the team is enough to spoil everyone's hard work which is what will happen if she is not stopped. Glad to see everyone supporting Khushi. 

The bond between NK and Khushi is always beautiful who is each other's support in every situation from the beginning no matter what. Though it is sad from now on both will be busy in their own lives but it is what it is and that is how life works. 

It is sad to see this FF coming to an end. Will be missing it.

Thanks for taking us on a wonderful journey of Arnav and Khushi and giving us a beautiful story.

Bubbles76 thumbnail

Thank you so so so so much for commenting and reading my story. Taking time from busy life to read it, i really appreciate it. Thankyou for your kind words dear.

abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks for the update .Can’t imagine this story will finish in two chapters it is such a beautiful story.

Coming to the story after marrying kushi Arnav has completely changed and his love for Arush has changed fourfold and he has taken up to fatherhood naturally. He has customized his office cabin for Aarush so that kushi is near him while working in office.  

On the other hand kushi is enjoying her married life so also her job at AR. Arnav appointed her as the lead of the design team seeing her capabilities even though kushi was hesitant in accepting the position but her subordinates working under her are jealous of her especially Sonia but kushi was smart enough to show her the door if Sonia crossed her limits. 

Finally it’s time for kushi to bid adieu to NK it’s going to be tough because both were buddies from long time

Edited by abivicky86 - 3 years ago
Gurveen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Fantastic update 

I will miss ff

Bubbles76 thumbnail

You Are My New Dream --  Last Chapter 102

-----------

New Year Party @ AR ---

She needs to take them off, this contraption called high heels. No doubt looks sexy, when you wanted to look one but later they just eat your feet. Khushi huffs as she passes through the crowd, looking for a quiet corner, she needs to sit down and take them off. Its just too much now. She have done her duty, she have mingled with the crowd, passed smiles and even laugh at others' jokes, though they were not that good. But she needed to keep the atmosphere good.

"Just few more minutes", murmurs Khushi as she went towards the corner table, luckily for her the surrounding ones were empty.

She sits down on the chair and quickly undone the straps of her heels and massages her feet. She feels better now. Loads better. She looks around the hall taking in the decoration done for the New Year's party. Red and Gold was the theme this time, and it looks good. Different color of roses adorns the tables and shiny gold and white stars hung from the ceiling. A huge space was left in the middle for the dance floor, at one end there was the live buffet, two sides had the sitting arrangement and the front of hall had a small stage, elevated two feet above the ground, where Arnav had given his welcoming speech 2 hours ago.

Khushi smiles and felt proud. She had done it. Before, Lavanya was in charge of every party thrown by AR, as she was not present this year, she had asked Khushi to take the responsibility of arranging one. Khushi was skeptical, she had asked Lavanya to choose someone else but she didn't trust anyone else to uphold the tradition of being classic yet extravagant with the party.

And if Khushi was honest to herself, she had enjoyed arranging the party, apart from her role as a team lead for the London Fashion show. Last few weeks went rather quickly, working on the designs and brainstorming. Sonia had backed off from her demeaning comments after that day when Khushi gave her the warning and the work went smoothly from there. And after Christmas Lavanya called and asked her to arrange the New Year party which was a sort of tradition since AR had established and Lavanya wanted to uphold it this year as well. So she and Khushi had corresponded back and forth through chats and video calls, finalizing the guest list, party theme, food menu and entertainment. And with the looks of things going Khushi can proudly said that she had been successful in throwing a good party.

Soon the clock will strike 12, beginning the New Year and she will go home. Speaking of home, she look around the hall for her husband and located him near the stage, with Akash and 2 other men, probably from their clientele. Khushi sighed as she recalls doing the first dance of the evening, after Arnav's speech. The way he smiled softly at her during twirling her on the dance floor, few touches on her back, rubbing his thumb in circular motion. Her breath always hitches when she catches the intensity in his eyes and not to forget the few stolen minutes away from crowd, where he had kissed her deeply and passionately. Her fingers went to her lips and she smiles remembering the texture and feel of his lips on hers. He may not tell her in words often but his actions speak of his love, passion and emotions. And he is not only getting more open in showing emotions with her but he is getting more open with his son as well. She recalls some moments from the past few weeks ....

Some flashbacks of previous days ...

Khushi passed Annie on the stairs who was going for lunch and Khushi move towards Arnav's cabin. Very slowly she opened the cabin door, keeping in mind not to make noise in case Arush is sleeping. And the sight that greeted her was anything but normal. Arnav and Arush both were on floor, lying on their stomach, probed up on their elbows. Arnav's coat was discarded on the sofa and sleeves were rolled up to elbows. Few books and toys were scattered around them.

"Yes Arush and whats this" ... Khushi heard Arnav saying while pointing to something on the page.

"Duckiie", Arush exclaimed loudly and Khushi was astonished to see a very pleasant grin on her husband's face, "Good Arush", as he spoke.

Khushi was stunned, standing between the doorway, not believing the scene in front of her, never she could imagine Arnav getting so free of his surrounding and lounging in his cabin in that lazy manner. Few moments passed and she came out of her shock when Arnav called her.

"Khushi quick ... come here, see what Arush was doing today", he gestures with his hand for her to come close without changing his position from the floor. Not the one to let the opportunity go, Khushi quickly fished out her mobile from her purse and snapped Arnav and Arush's pictures.

"Khushi stop it", said Arnav in annoyance and sit on the floor. "You know I can't do that", said Khushi as she move inside closing the door, "I need these moments captured for me to look at them later in life", she move towards them, "When he grows up, these pictures will be my solace".

Arnav roll his eyes, "Seriously Khushi, don't be dramatic", as he patted the carpet beside him. Khushi sit down beside him, "We will see who becomes dramatic when he starts college".

" Mama look ... pawaat", said Arush pointing at the picture of parrot.

"Yes Paarroot", said Khushi pronouncing the word correct, "Good boy, my sweet baby", as she ruffles Arush's hair.

"Khushi do you know he knows all the alphabets and numbers even", said Arnav excitedly, "And can you believe with every letter he knows what's there on the picture".

Yes Khushi can imagine, she know well that babies are intelligent and some even more, and they learn things pretty quick, "Really Arnavji?", she feign a surprise, wanting to see more of Arnav and Arush interaction.

"Yeah ... see this", said Arnav and flipped back the pages of Arush's book, "Arush whats this?", pointing towards the letter A.

"Aeeh", said Arush.

"And this", asked Arnav again.

"Biii", said Arush. Arnav continued pointing to the letters flipping the pages and Arush pronounced all the letters till Z.

"Wooww ...", Khushi clapped and Arush clapped excitedly being happy that he got everything correct.

"And khushi see this", said Arnav pointing towards a picture of a bat, "Arush what's this?"

"Baaattt", said Arush. "And this", Arnav pointing towards a picture of cat.

"Cat", said Arush and Arnav continued flipping the pages and Arush correctly identified every picture along with the letter till his favourite animal Zebra.

"Zeebbllaa", Arush exclaimed happily and then he picked his stuff zebra toy and extended it to Khushi, "Maaamma Zeeblaa".

"Yes shona ... that's your Zebra", said Khushi as she takes the toy and lovingly caresses Arush's hair and face, "My intelligent boy".

"Seriously Khushi, he is just brilliant and he is not even 2", said Arush feeling happy and proud of his on.

"He is practically 2 Arnavji, his birthday is in 2 weeks", said Khushi with a smile.

"Yeah right but still Khushi ... he is just 2 and look how he knows all these things and he remembers them correctly. And not only that he knows name of the colors as well and he knows the sound of animals (he pointed towards the pile of plastic animal toys to the side), how a horse sound, chicken, dog, cat and he even knows which flower is a rose. Its just...", Arnav's rant stopped when Khushi hold his tie and yanked him towards her and pressed her lips on his.

After few seconds she let go and Arnav looked at her intensely. "You are adorable", she said lightly pinching his cheek and then laughs when Arnav makes a face.

===

Another day...

This time Khushi had found Arush in Arnav's lap, behind his desk, laptop open in front of them and some cartoon was playing. It was another surprise for her that during his work he is entertaining Arush and that too on his work laptop. Khushi smile wide as she come near them, "What are you guys watching?", asked Khushi.

"Tom n jewweyy", exclaimed Arush and pointed towards the screen.
"Have you guys eaten lunch?", asked Khushi as she ruffles Arush's hair.
"No, we were waiting for you", said Arnav with a small smile, "What should I order?".
Khushi waved her hand, "I will order, you guys carry on", she said and picked the landline. She presses the extension for the cafeteria and order some sandwiches and fries and coffee for Arnav.

She went towards play Area to one side of the cabin, specifically made for Arush. She picked up the toys and put them back into box and picked up the books as well. Soon there was a knock on the door and Khushi fetched their lunch. She placed the tray on the coffee table in front of the sofa and gestures Arnav to come.

"Naah ... papa ... carwoon dekhna", said Arush as he taps on Arnav's laptop when Arnav paused the video.

"Arush no ...", said Arnav grabbing Arush's tiny hands in his, stopping his movement, "First we will eat chips and then we will see cartoons".

"No ... carwoon ... abhi ... carwoon", said Arush in his own cute stubborn way but Arnav stand up with Arush in his arms, "Arush ...", his tone stern, meant for Arush to stop what he is doing, and surprisingly Arush stopped protesting and wobble his lower lip, a sign of soon to be a crying voice.

Arnav pecks Arush's cheek and pointed towards his laptop, where he had paused the video, "look cartoon is still here ok ... papa is very hungry. Lets eat something and then papa will watch cartoon with Arush ok", said Arnav as if making a deal with his son. Khushi couldn't help but giggle seeing the thinking face of Arush, typically like his father whenever he is contemplating what will be the best course of action while dealing with clients.

"Otey Papa", said Arush and Arnav move towards Khushi, he places Arush beside Khushi and sit on other side of Arush.

"ohh chippi", exclaimed Arush seeing his favorite French fries and move ahead to take them.

"Wait Arush", Arnav held his back and then picked the plate and place it on sofa, "here ...", he took one fry and bring it near Arush's mouth who took a big bite and move his head in a playful way, "ummm yummm", making a sound.

Khushi move the sandwich plate and coffee in front of Arnav and took one sandwich herself and begun eating. Khushi broke the piece of bread and fed it to Arush who happily munched. Arnav finished his sandwich and picked the mug containing his coffee. He took a sip and grimace.

"What? Not good?", Khushi asked.

"I don't like the coffee how they make it downstairs, Annie knows the specifics how I take my coffee", said Arnav and took another sip.

"Yeah how can I forget ... Remember when I took Annie's place as your P.A", said Khushi making a face, "You send me to the cafeteria 7 times until I made the coffee exactly to your liking".

Arnav smirked, "Well you got it right the third time, I was just enjoying making you run back and forth and the way you looked at me like you will kill right then and there"

"Haww Arnavji", Khushi swatted his upper arm, "Seriously you enjoy making me work like a labor".

Arnav shrugged, "I enjoy your expressions much more. The way you use to huff and then look at me angrily and then whenever you retort back to me", he give her a soft endearing look, "It was refreshing to me. Others feared me, they knows the benefits of associating with me, advantages of trapping a rich guy ... but you (he caresses her cheek) you were like a fresh breeze that forces its way into my mind and heart and I just couldn't let you go. I wanted you around me and I use to look for excuses to keep you in front of me as much as possible".

"Arnavji", Khushi held his hand against her cheek ... she didn't know what to say to that confession ... she had always thought that time that Arnav was just an arrogant and irritating boss that likes to annoy his employees and use them as punching bag for his anger ... she never thought there would be another reason behind it.

Their moment broke when Arush stand up on the sofa holding Arnav's shoulder, "Toofffe", he said while extending his hand towards Arnav's mug, which Arnav was holding near his mouth.

"Arush no ....", said Khushi taking his hand back.

"Arush toofee peena ... ttooffee", said Arush and grabs Arnav's hand.

"Ok ok ... just 2 sips ok", said Arnav and to Khushi's yet another shock Arnav hold Arush by winding his arm around his torso and then bring the cup near his mouth. Arush took a sip, made a face, shudder and then make a bleeh sound.

Arnav chuckles, "He doesn't like its taste but he insists on drinking it. Just another day when I was having my coffee and he was on my lap, he insisted and I made him drink. He spit that time".

Khushi was highly surprised that Arnav is allowing Arush to have his coffee, "Its very surprising that you are giving him your coffee, I thought you would say that is not healthy for him".

Arnav shrugs, "I enjoy his expressions", and then he grins. Understanding his meaning Khushi shakes his head and then couldn't help but laugh when Arush took another sip of Arnav's coffee and made a Bleeh sound, scrunching his face and shudders.

===

One day Arush was having difficulty in sleeping for his afternoon nap. It was around 4pm, he had been an energetic ball through out the day and now he was hyper. Arnav tried to make him sleep but couldn't so he called up Khushi to come to his cabin.

"Khushi, can you please make him sleep. I have a call with client in few minutes and I don't think he will sleep that quick. I don't know for some reason he is irritated", said Arnav as soon as he saw Khushi entering his cabin.

"Its ok Arnavji, sometime he plays so much that his body gets tired but his mind doesn't, and he wants to play more that's why he gets like this", said Khushi as she took Arush from Arnav.

"Thanks", said Arnav as he rubs his hand over his face. "I think you should rest for sometime too. Did he give you a hard time today?", asked Khushi caressing Arush's head which was wobbling on her shoulder but he was making sounds to be let go.

"He just didn't stop today, seriously from where he get that much energy", said Arnav.

"From you", said Khushi as she pinches his cheek.

"Khushi", Arnav swatted her hand away, "How many times do I have to tell you don't do this".

"And how many times I have said that I can't help it. You just get so cute sometimes", said Khushi with a sweet smile.

Arnav glare at her but Khushi waved him away and went towards the sofa, sit down and lay Arush in her arms, "Now listen baby, no more playing, we will sleep now ok ... no more masti", Khushi said to Arush in her most stern voice and caresses his hair and forehead, while humming a song to him ... after some minutes Khushi manage to make him sleep and then put him in his crib. She waved to Arnav, who had started his call with the client. She pointed towards Arush and Arnav nodded his head at her. She went out towards conference hall where her team was working.

Some 40-45 mins later she came back to Arnav's cabin to check on Arush and was surprised to find his crib empty and Arush was in Arnav's arms with his head on Arnav's shoulder and he was asleep. Arnav was talking wearing the blue tooth device and was walking around in his cabin.

Khushi went to them and tried to take Arush from Arnav but he made a protesting sound. Arnav hold a finger to her and pause his call, telling client to give him a minute.

"Why didn't you call me when he woke up?", asked Khushi.

"I was on the call when he woke up crying so I just took him and rocked him back to sleep, I tired to make him lay in the crib but he woke up again so I carried him again", said Arnav, "Its ok let him be, I can manage", he resumed his call and Khushi went to sit on sofa.

It was like another 20 minutes of his call and all the while Arnav just held Arush in his arms, talked to client and caresses Arush's head in between. Khushi was surprise that Arnav didn't get irritated with Arush's demand. Sometime he gets stubborn and doesn't like to sleep on bed or his crib. He likes to be held in arms and sleep, seeking body warmth.

It was a very sweet and endearing picture, how softly and loving Arnav was holding Arush while talking to client and Khushi couldn't take her eyes off them.

===

And then one day Arush got hurt pretty badly while trying to climb the dinning chair and his socked clad feet slips on the wood and he stumble forward falling off the chair and hitting his head on another chair's wood. Hearing Arush's loud cry, Khushi hurriedly came out of kitchen  where she had went to fetch milk for Arush and immeditaly picked up Arush. She panicked seeing the blood on his forehead.

"Khushi what happened?", asked Akash who was in the living room with his mother and Nani, having evening tea.

"Arush slipped I guess", said Khushi and hurried in the kitchen. Akash, Mami and Nani followed.

"Arey Khooshi, take him to hospital", said Mami worriedly.

"No its not that deep", said Khushi as she took the tissue roll and ripped some off it. She presses it on the wound and Arush cried out loud.

"Khushi bitya I think we should take him to hospital. What if he gets infection?", said Nani and Khushi got thinking.

"Yes Khushi lets go. Doctor can do proper checkup of his wound and will rule out the possibility of infection and ...", Akash was saying when they all heard Arnav's voice calling for Arush and Khushi.

Khushi got more worried, dreading Arnav's reaction. Arnav came into the kitchen and took in the scene. "Arush ...", he said with surprise and move ahead quickly taking Arush from Khushi's arms and examining his wound, the poor baby was still crying.

"What happened?", asked Arnav in a harsh tone. "He slipped from chair", said Khushi, "I am sorry I left him in there, I was just fetching his milk and he ..."
Arnav cut her, "Get some ice now", he barked. Khushi flinched with his tone but move towards the fridge.

"Akash call Arush regular doctor, tell her to come quick", said Arnav and Akash took his cell out of his pant pocket and move out of the kitchen to make the call. Khushi came to Arnav with ice cubes and Arnav snatched one, "Hold his hands Khushi", said Arnav and tried to press the ice on Arush's wound, who cried and thrashed. Khushi hold Arush in place as Arnav applied pressure on to his wound. Khushi pressed her lips tightly trying to hold in the tears but failed. She look towards Arnav and found his face serious and cold.

"I am sorry Arnavji", said Khushi, she can't take it if Arnav blamed her for not taking care of his son.

"Arey bitya its not your fault", said Nani pressing Khushi's arms, "You know how active and hyper Arush is and kids get hurt often".

"But Nani I shouldn't have left him alone. I just thought it would take me a minute. I didn't thought that ...", Khushi was saying when Arnav cut her, "Leave it now Khushi ... lets go upstair and get more ice", saying that he move out of kitchen with whimpering Arush in his arms.

"Khooshi, don't feel bad", said Mami, "Arnav bitwa is just worried for Arush".

"Yes bitya please don't cry", said Nani wiping the few tear that had left Khushi's eyes, "You go now hmmm".

Khushi nodded and fetched more ice from the fridge and went upstairs to their room. Arnav had managed to make Arush quite down a bit, he was not crying loudly now but was still sniffing. Arnav was sitting on bed with Arush and whispering encouraging words to him. Khushi sit beside them and Arnav took the ice from Khushi and applied it on Arush's forehead, luckily the blood was stopped flowing from the wound.

"Mama ...", Arush exclaimed and move towards Khushi who took him in her lap and wound her arms around him, "My sweet baby, mama is so sorry", she peppered kisses all over his face and gently hug him and swing back and forth in small movement to relax the baby in her arms. Arnav collected the used tissues and put them in trash bin and move towards the wardrobe area without saying anything to Khushi. She felt more bad, thinking that Arnav in angry on her.

Sometime later Arush's usual doctor came and checked on Arush, who was almost sleep, tired from all the crying and fatigue. The doctor bandage the wound and assured Arnav and Khushi that the wound is not deep so it doesn't need stitches but it will take some days to properly healed. Arnav went out of the room with the doctor asking few questions while Khushi caresses Arush's hair who was drinking his milk and his eyes were dropping. Arnav came inside the room and was talking on phone with Anjali, who was asking about Arush as Mami had infrom her of the incident.

"No Di, you don't need to come here. He is fine now ... yes ... yes the doctor just checked him, you can ask her too. Arush is sleeping now. Yeah ... you take care. No don't come now. You can come tomorrow ok ... ok yeah ... bye", he cut the call and look at Khushi who was fidgeting with her fingers, standing 2 feet away from him and worrying her lower lip.

"Khushi ...", Arnav said her name and Khushi started speaking, "Arnavji, I am really very sorry. Its all my fault that Arush got hurt, I didn't thought that he will try to climb the chair. I told him to sit and not move and I just went to kitchen for his milk and it was just minute that I heard him cry and ...".

Arnav move forwards and grabs her arms, "Shhshhh Khushi ... its ok".

Khushi sniffed, "Its not ok. I know its my fault and you are angry with me and I am sorry I should have taken more care of Aru...".

"Khushi stop it. Stop apologizing. Its not your fault", said Arnav as he cups her cheek and wipes the tears that flow down from her eyes, "And I am not angry at you. I was just concerned for Arush ... the way he was crying and seeing all that blood I got worried and I am sorry if you felt like I was angry at your or blaming you for his injury".

Khushi shakes her head, "Why are you saying sorry, I should be saying sorry. I should have taken him with me into the kitchen".

"Khushi ... sweetheart", Arnav wound one arm around her waist bringing her flush to his own body and with one hand he made her look up at him, "I trust you with Arush ... I trust you with my life ... I trust you with my Di and I trust you with my family ... my everything". He pecks her lips with love he was feeling for his beautiful wife.

"You never ... never have to apologize in regards to Arush or everyone else. I know how much you love Arush. Everyone knows here. And didn't you heard what Mami and Nani was saying that its not your fault. No one will blame you, they can't. Because everyone knows how much you take care of Arush and me and this family", said Arnav in soft yet stern enough voice to let Khushi know the truth.

Khushi hugs Arnav and started to cry, "I was so scared Arnavji".

"I know ... I know Shhshhh", said Arnav rubbing her back, "Can I tell you the truth?". Khushi pulled back and looked at him and nodded.

"I got scared too", he said in a small voice as his eyes went to bed where Arush was sleeping soundly.

Khushi saw his adam apple bobbed as Arnav gulped down his emotions. Khushi cups his cheek, "He is alright now".

Arnav released a deep breath, "Yeah". A knock came on the door and Arnav went to check. It was Hari Prakash with the food tray. Arnav took the tray and closed the door.

"I told Nani that we will be eating in the room tonight, I don't want to leave Arush incase he ...", Arnav stopped as his eyes went back to Arush. Khushi rubs his arm in understanding and they both sit on the bed to have their food.

Late at night Arush woke up from his sleep, crying and calling for his Mama. Khushi woke up as she felt his hands and immediately pull Arush on her lap. She was just about to climb down from bed as not wanting to disturb Arnav's sleep. But he was already awake and move closer to them.

"Is he hungry?", asked Arnav. "Yeah I think so", said Khushi as she sway Arush in her arms.

"Give him to me, you get his milk", said Arnav extending his arm and took Arush. Khushi climbs down the bed and went to the mini fridge. She took out his milk, heat it up in the mini microwave oven and put the milk in Arush's bottle. She climbs back into the bed and give the bottle to Arnav. He brings the bottle near Arush's lips who instantly latched on to it, drinking.

"Khushi go to sleep, I will look after him", said Arnav and Khushi quickly shakes her head, "No, I will take care him, you go to sleep. You have to go to office tomorrow".

Arnav knew there is no point arguing with Khushi on this, so when Arush finished his milk he handed him over to Khushi and went to washroom to take care of his natural needs. When he came out he saw that Khushi was swaying Arush and trying to make him sleep. Arnav went to bed and lay down but after few minutes it got evident that Arush was nowhere sleeping. He took Arush from Khushi and climb down from bed. He held Arush in way that hid head was on Arnav's shoulder. Arnav's one arm was below Arush's bottom holding him and another hand was rubbing his back. Seeing Khushi staring at him he answered, "He sometimes likes it", he said as he pace forward and back in the room. Khushi smiles understanding his meaning and laid down on bed watching both son and father. She didn't knew when she slept but later, very early morning when she woke up she was surprise to find the space next to her on bed empty. And was more surprise on finding Arnav laying on recliner with Arush perch on top his chest. Arush's tiny hands were fisting Arnav's shirt and both were sound asleep.

Khushi smiles at the scene and didn't forget to capture the moment in her cell phone. Later her surprise turn into shock when Arnav declare that he was not going to office and was staying back home for Arush and urge her to go to office to work with her team.

Flash backs ends ...

As if sensing her stare, Arnav turns and look in her direction. Though Khushi cannot see his expression from across the room but she knew he was smiling. She stood up and went towards him, her clutch in hand and heels dangling from her two fingers.

"Hello gentlemen, can I steal my husband, its nearly time", said Khushi indicating that in just few minutes the clock will strike 12.

"Sure, sure", one client said.

Khushi held Arnav's hand and bid goodbye to Akash, "Akash can you please drop Jiji back home, I will stay for some time more".

"Yea sure, see you guys later", saying that he move towards where Payal was standing with Anjali and Rahul.

"Khushi where we going?", asked Arnav as they move out of the hall. "Some place quite", said Khushi and went towards the lift. Arnav raise an eyebrows pointing towards her heels.

"Oh ... these were just killing my feet. I can't understand how models wears them all the time", Khushi made a face, she opened her clutched and take out her card that Aman had given her to access the penthouse. She slid that card in the slot near the buttons and press the button P. Arnav saw her doing this but didn't question her. Khushi fish out her cell and send a message to Payal that she will be staying here with Arnav for some time more and had asked Akash to drop her to Buaji's.

The lift open to Penthouse hallway and they both went inside. Khushi placed her clutch on the kitchen slab and heels on the floor, "Come I have a little surprise for you", said Khushi and took Arnav's hand and they went to the rooftop. She had checked the time on her cell while putting it on kitchen counter, there is only 3 minutes left in striking 12.

"What is it?", asked Arnav looking around the rooftop, nothing seems to be out of the place nor anything seems like a new addition.

"Arey wait na just a minute more", said Khushi as she brought them in middle of the rooftop. Arnan didn't say anything further and just waited.

Payal smile at Akash as he approached them, "Khushi and Bhai went away. I guess they need sometime alone", he said mischievously. Anjali and Rahul smile in understanding.

"Of course, its their first new year night. I know Cho.. um Arnav want to spend it with Khushi", said Anjali as her eyes darted around. Arnav never likes to be addressed as Chottey in his office.

"Um it was Khushi basically who took Bhai away. She has a surprise for him", said Akash.

Payal, Anjali and Rahul looks at him surprise.

"Khushi?", asked Rahul, "Really? I thought Arnav will be the one to arrange something special".

"Oh no matter who was it", said Anjali, "Only thing matters that they happy together".

"Indeed, they are very happy", said Akash and just then Payal check his cell.

"Khushi told me to take you home", said Akash. "Just wait few minutes. Let it strike 12 then we can all leave", said Anjali and they agreed.

And exactly after 1 minute there was loud burst, flowing with few others and the sky lit up with fireworks.

"HAPPYY NEW YEAR ...", said Khushi out loud as she giggles seeing Arnav reaction and his body jumping a little with the first sound of burst.

Before Arnav could say anything, Khushi move closer to him, winding her arms around his neck and placing her lip on his, initiating a loving passionate kiss. Arnav, not the one to back down, wound his arms around Khushi, mushing his body with hers and return the kiss with equal fervour.

Akash wished Payal Happy New Year and then hugged Anjali, who later move to side wanting to burst the confetti with others. Akash takes Payal's hand and tug her along, "I want to show you something". He took her out of the hall and then to another conference room, which had wall size windows which give the clear view of the city below.

"Here ... see", said Akash pointing towards the sky were fireworks were bursting.

"Its beautiful", said Payal as she places her hand over the window. The beautiful colors of the fireworks were reflecting on the buildings below.

"Yeah it is", said Akash and brushes her cheek with his finger. Payal looks at Akash shyly and her heart started to beat faster when Akash move closer to her. Akash so wanted to kiss her, had been wanting to for so many days now. He move his face closer to her, paused, giving her a chance to back out but Payal closes her eyes. Taking this as a permission Akash presses his lips over hers. Payal gasped feeling the first touch which encourage Akash to press his lips more firmly, he took her lower lips in between his and sucks on lightly.

There was another burst of fireworks and Akash move back, although everything inside him was screaming to deepen the kiss, to hold her body close, but Akash doesn't want to scare her with the intimacy, keeping in mind her past encounter. Payal open her eyes and looks into Akash's intense eyes. His thumbs caressing her cheek. Due to shyness she move forward and hid her face into his chest. Akash holds her shoulders, giving her the time she needed. After a minute or two she pulls back and looked away from him. Akash helds her hands, "Come on, lets drop you home", and he move out of the conference.

He was very happy when Payal had accepted his invitation to attend the new year party, he wasn't planning on kissing her ... but seeing her beautiful face, firework lights reflecting on it, he couldn't help and was immensely happy that they are moving forward in their relation, although its slow ... but its better than before.

After few moments they break the kiss and their foreheads were touching, "You did the fireworks?", asked Arnav.

"Ummhmm ... I asked Lavanya what is the one thing that we don't do for the New Year party at AR and she said that every party was always indoor, to avoid the press and they never do fireworks".

It was the truth, Arnav never like these things. To him it was always a silly notion. But he did allow Lavanya to what she pleases indoors and they use to burst confetti.

"And as always I wanted to do something different, for our moment together, a new memory for you ... of us", said Khushi, "I know you don't like these things but there is no harm in indulging in it just once".

"For you Khushi ... not just once, but I will do it again and again", said Arnav in intense voice, his emotions following inside his chest ... he was not the one to specifically care to celebrate occasions like Valentine, Christmas or New year, though he did celebrated Khushi's birthday, giving her a surprise. The reason for that was he wanted to show her how much she means to him and plus they had huge fight few days back and he wanted to make it up to her. And never, he thought that someone will do such things for him, though his Di do surprise him but that is rarely and depending on his mood or asking him first. But Khushi never asked him first ... she just went and did it and the thought that she does it just for him to make a new memory for him was just very overwhelming for him.

"Are you sure? You know what you are agreeing to?", asked Khushi with a mischievous smile.

"No I really don't know but I would love to find out", said Arnav pecking her lips, "With you".

------------- January 14, Arush's Birthday

"It's not that I don't appreciate your help Aashi, but I thought you will be going back to the states", said Khushi as she blows up the balloon.

Today was her baby's 2nd birthday and she wants to celebrate it whole heartedly and wants to do everything herself. She had requested Anjali to bake the cake, which she was currently doing in the kitchen and Khushi was in her room wrapping the gifts and blowing balloons. Downstairs ...  Arnav, Akash and Rohan were decorating the living room. Her parents and sister will join them in evening. Mamaji and Mamiji was busy thinking of the food items for dinner. They haven't invited any outsider. Raizadas, Guptas, Rajat, Rohan, NK and to her surprise Aashima came to be a part of the celebration.

"I know I have to go back. I have to look for internship as well, but I don't want to and that's all your fault", said Aashima pointing an accusing finger towards Khushi.

"Me? What did I do?", asked Khushi.

"What you didn't do?", said Aashima in a stern voice, "First you came here, to Dehli with NK to join AR, about which I got know after Holi. And then you got engaged with Arnavji, about which you didn't even invite me. Forget inviting me, you didn't even mention it to me. I got to know from press. And then you got married".

"And that is a bad thing?", asked Khushi in serious tone.

"No yaar, but what about me? In all this you forgot that we made plans to do master together. Remember after we graduated, we were both looking for universities to apply for masters. It was our dream ... to study abroad and to travel the world together", said Aashima in sad tone, "And now I feel all alone".

"Ohh Aashi", Khushi move closer to her friend on bed and hugged her, "I am sorry for all the things I didn't tell you. Believe me I didn't do it intentionally and I never wanted you to feel alone. You know you can come visit me anytime and call me anytime. Next time when you come back from states, I will come to Mumbai to meet you. I promise".

Aashima smiles sadly at her friends, "But you won't be with me in the states na. Do you know how jealous I felt when you and NK both came to Dehli and you were both together and I was there alone in states. I wanted to come back but couldn't leave the semester in between. But I felt home sick later on thats why I took a semester break".

"I know dear, but you cannot delay your master much longer. Just one more year and you will be done", said Khushi. Aashima's eye lit as a thought struck her, "Why don't you join me now? I am sure Arnavji will not have a problem with you doing masters".

"Aashi ... that's not possible now. I have Arush to think of.", said Khushi.

"Oh I am sorry I didn't thought of that, but we can take him too you know. We have day care over there. We can live together, I promise I will help you look after Arush", said Aashima hopefully.

"Aashi, baby ... I can't. I know Arnavji will support me but I don't want to. Yes its true once it was my dream to study abroad and travel the world. But now I have Arush and Arnavji with me and I am really happy here", said Khushi tucking Aashima's hair behind her ear, "I don't want to change anything. I got my family and everything I need is here".

"Khushi", Arnav said her name while entering the room. He stopped near the bed looking at the two women, with sad expressions, "Everything alright?", he asked.

Khushi and Aashima both stood up, "Yes everything is alright, we were just talking about Aashima's internship", she nudges Aashima, who look at her questioningly. Khushi move a step towards Arnav, "Arnavji you studied in Boston as well right. Harvard is in Boston, right? (Arnav nodded) Can you help Aashima with the internship? She needs to do one as a part of completing her masters", for some reasons she was praying that Arnav hasn't heard their conversation, she knew Arnav will feel that she is holding back on her dreams due to him and her obligations and she knows Arnav's nature. He will want her to pursue her dreams.

"Oh you are studying in Harvard?", asked Arnav with genuine surprise. Aashima shakes her head, "No, Boston University".

"Ahh that's a good university", said Arnav, "So what are your strengths in Business?".

"She is very good with management, right Aashi?", said Khushi as she nudges Aashima again, who rolls her eyes.

"Marketing first, then management. I had a project where we had to create a hypothetical product and market it. I got top marks in that ... so I was thinking along those line for future", said Aashima.

Arnav nodded and thought for few seconds, "Good, I have a company in mind, which needs a complete makeover, may be you can work with their marketing team".

"Really? That would be great. Can you recommend me?", asked Aashima feeling excited.

"Yea sure why not, Khushi can give you my email. Send me your resume and certificates I will see what I can do", said Arnav with smile.

"Thanks so much Jijuuu", said Aashima with a happy smile.

"Most welcome. And Khushi I came here to tell you that parents are here", said Arnav.

"Oh they are, but I am finish with the balloons", said Khushi worriedly biting her nails. Aashima swatted her hand, "how many time do I have to tell not to do it".

Just then Payal entered with Arush in her arms, "What are you guys doing here?".

"No don't come here Jiji ... Arush will burst the balloons, take him out ... take him out", said Khushi moving in front of Payal, hiding the view from Arush.

"Pagal ... he was hungry. I came here to ask you should I give him milk or nuggets", said Payal.

"I will take him Payal, Khushi needs help with Balloons", said Arnav with a smirked and takes Arush from Payal.

"Arnavji you cannot back way from helping me. It will be done sooner if you blow up the balloons", said Khushi putting her hands over her waist and giving Arnav a very stern look.

"I will pass. Plus its more your territory to blow up things", said Arnav cheekily and went out of the room leaving an open mouth Khushi and giggling Payal and Aashima.

Soon it was time for the celebration to start. Anjali had placed the cake in middle of the dining table, which was move to the living area near the wall windows, which gives the view of outside lawn and gazebo. A Happy Birthday signs was hanging on the windows and ribbons and balloons adorn the whole living room.

"Come on every body, gather around", said Anjali and bit loudly as she stand beside Arnav. Khushi was standing next to him with Arush in her arms. Payal and Aashima was standing on her other side. Arnav was lighting the candles on the cakes.

"Arush blow the candles baby", said Khushi as she bend down a little with Arush and little baby made squeaking sound trying to blow the candles, only two got blow. Anjali and Mami encourage Arush to blow harder and Khushi helped him along. Arnav took the knife and Khushi put Arush's hand over his, with hers on top, and they cut the cake.

"Happy Birthday to you ... Happy Birthday to you ... Happy Birthday to Arush", everyone sang around the table and claps aloud.

Arnav cut a small piece and feed to Khushi first and then to Arush. "umm yummm", Arush made a happy sound as it was his favourite flavor of chocolate.

Khushi took a small piece and feed it to Arnav and flick his nose with cream, "Khushi no ... Don't do this childish act".

"Arnavji ... seriously you are no fun", Khushi pouted and cut a small piece and then feed it to Arush.

Just then Arnav take some of the frosting from the cake and put it on Khushi's cheeks and nose, "Hawww ... ARNAVJIII", Khushi was stunned and frozen.

"Oh I am fun", said Arnav with a cheeky smile.

"Wait ... I tell you", said Khushi as she quickly passes Arush to Payal and took some frosting off the cake and move towards Arnav, who had already ran towards the dinning area.

"Khushi stop it ok ... lets just forget it", said Arnav as he tried to dodge Khushi and then went towards the front door and they both were outside now. Khushi come close and tried to put the frosting on Arnav'a face and but quickly held both her hands. They struggle for a while but Khushi was unable to put frosting on Arnav. And Arnav pushed her hand in a way that they got close to her own cheeks and Arnav put the frosting on her face.

"Haww Arnavji ... that's not fair", said Khushi huffing. Arnav was laughing openingly now as Khushi huffed and went inside. Arnav followed her inside. Khushi was pouting as she move to the living room.

"Arey Khushi whats this?", said Anjali giggling seeing her face smeared with more frosting.

"Ask him", said Khushi pointing towards Arnav, "He is to blame".

"It was better on you then me", said Arnav, still grinning.

"ha ha ha ...", said Khushi mockingly and went to the table. Everyone was helping themselves to snacks. She looks around and smiles seeing Arush sitting beside Rohan, who was feeding him fries.

"Naraz ho?", whispers Arnav in her ear.

"Haan ...", said Khushi.

"Acha chalo laga lo ... but thora sa", said Arnav and Khushi turn to face him, surprised.

"Really?", said Khushi and Arnav nodded, "But thora sa".

Khushi smiles at him and wound her arms around his neck bringing her face close to him and brushes her cheek with hers, "I love you", she whispers and pull back. Arnav smile wide at her.

"Ahemm Ahemm", NK coughed from behind and Arnav and Khushi move back.

"Get a room you guys", said NK giving a cheeky smile and move forwards to take the noddles.

Khushi smiles shyly and then made a plate for Arnav and herself. They joined their family on the sofa and got busy in conversation going on

Later @ Night ...

Arnav enters his room and sees Anjali standing beside Arush's crib, where the baby was soundly sleeping, tucked into the blanket.

"Di, I thought you have gone to sleep", said Arnav as move closer to her.

Anjali quickly wipes her eyes and sniffed, "Yeah I am going. I just wanted to check on him", she took a step towards the door but Arnav stopped her, "Di, whats wrong? You were crying?", he asked looking into her eye in the dim light of one table lamp.

"Its nothing. I am fine", said Anjali.

"What happened? Tell me, are you feeling alright? Did someone said something to you?", asked Arnav sternly.

"Areyy no baba. I was just remembering something and got emotional", said Anjali as she rubs his arm. She looks back to Arush and then give a Arnav a smile, "I was just ...".

"What?", asked Arnav.

"You remember Chottey, what day is today?", asked Anjali looking at Arnav with a small smile.

"Of course Di, today is Arush's birthday, we celebrate it downstairs", said Arnav rolling her eyes, thinking what a stupid question it is.

"Yes, and just last year on this day when I asked you to celebrate Arush's birthday, you remember what you said to me?", asked Anjali, her tone sad.

Arnav's body got stiff, his mind going back to that day when Anjali had scolded him for going to office and not staying back to celebrate Arush's very first birthday. When Anjali and Nani argued with him, he had bluntly told them he does not consider Arush his son. His heart panged remembering his words, he felt ashamed now.

"Yeah I remember ...", he whispered lowly. Anjali cups his cheek, "I don't want you to feel bad Chottey, I was just asking this because look now, how times changes. That time you were not ready to acknowledge Arush as your son, you didn't care for him much and never spend time with him. But look now how much you care for him, love him and spend time with him. I was just remembering it all and was thanking Devi Maiya that she fulfilled my wish that I made that very night when I was making Arush sleep. Do you want to know what I wished for?".

Arnav nodded his head, his eyes getting moist with emotion as few tears skip Anjali's eyes, "Whenever Arush had trouble sleeping I use to tell him a story of a devil and a fairy. That night I was telling him the story and when the part came where the fairy change the devil and they lived happily together. I wished that some fairy come into our lives and change you, bring happiness and light into your and Arush's life and look now how my wished got fulfilled. Khushi came into your life, she changed you so much. You are happy now; you are not that dark and brooding man anymore. Instead you are much more loving and caring ... specially towards your son", she sniffed as she hurriedly wipes her tear.

"Di, I am sorry", Arnav gulped his emotions, there are so many things he had said then which he knew had hurt his Di, his Nani. Many of his actions have resulted in Anjali's tears, when all she wanted was for him to accept his son and be happy.

"Its ok Chottey, it doesn't matter now. What matter is that all is ok now. I am so happy for you. I am so happy that you got your happiness literally", Anjali smiled.

Before Arnav could answer they heard Khushi's voice, "Di ... Arnavji ..", she move closer to them.

"Di, are you feeling alright? Is it paining?", asked Khushi with concern looking at her stomach.

"No bacha ... everything is fine. I was just emotional. Get rest you two", said Anjali pressing Arnav's arm and then patted Khushi on the cheek. Anjali went out of the room, closing the door behind her.

"Arnavji, something happened?", she asked as she move closer to him. "No Di was just telling about her wish", said Arnav and looking at the questioning look he told Khushi what Anjali had said to him.

"Oh Arnavji", said Khushi as she move forwards and hugs Arnav, "Di is right, you don't have to feel bad. Its in the past now. What matter now ... is our present and future".

"Di said the same. She is happy for me", said Arnav. Khushi pulls back, "Of course she is happy. She will always worry for you and she only wants to see you happy and you know when one's wish, the one they asks from whole heart, gets fulfilled it makes you feel over the moon".

"Speaking of wishes, I heard your conversation with Aashima earlier", said Arnav giving her a knowing look. Khushi's heart thudded, "What did you hear?".

"Enough", said Arnav, "Why didn't you tell about your dream? You really wanted to study abroad?".

"Arnavji its in the past now. It doesn't matter.", said Khushi and take step to side but Arnav held her arm, "It matters to me Khushi. You always take care of my wishes and I know there are things that you have let go because of me. But I also want to fulfill your wishes".

"I know Arnavji", said Khushi and move closer to Arnav, she caresses a point on his chest, where she knew held a scar from the bullet wound, "Do you remember what you said to me that time when you ... when you ...", she gulped, "were shot", she whispers.

Arnav do remembered what he had said to her.

"Same is for me Arnavji", said Khushi, "When I came here to Dehli, I was planning to stay here for a year only. I wanted to earn money, so that I can arrange for a trip to any foreign country with my friends. But then I met you and I fell in love with you. And you made my dream come true Aranvji, you took me to London, Paris and Italy. You fulfilled my wish of travelling the world and what better way to do it with the one you love. So don't think that I hold back my wishes from you. I didn't tell you because they already got fulfilled by you", she pecks his lips, "And speaking of my dream of studying abroad. Remember you told me that dream changes, my dream also changed. You Are My New Dream", Khushi nuzzles her nose with his.

Arnav hold her tight, her admission making his inside flutter. He understands what she was saying because these are the same words that he had uttered to her when he got shot, these were the words he said when he proposed to her. Oh god, how much he loves her. Arnav presses his lips on hers, sucking on her lower lip and lightly nipped it. Khushi gasps gaining him entry and Arnav swept his tongue inside her sweet mouth, mating with hers.

"I love you ... I love you ...", murmurs Arnav between their kisses.

"I know ... and I love you", said Khushi.

Arnav broke the kiss and then bend down and wound her arm around her knee and picks her up bridal style. He move towards the bathroom and made her sit on the sink counter. Arnav took his shirt off and then took Khushi's kurti off. Khushi tug him close, kissing him heatedly while Arnav roams his hand all over her body and then unclasp her bra.

"Ahhh", Khushi moans as Arnav took her nipple in his mouth and sucks on it, "I need you now", she panted.

"I know sweetheart", said Arnav and pull Khushi down. They help each other getting rid of their clothes and Arnav took her into shower stall. He opens the shower, keeping the water mild warm and then pull Khushi close, flush againt his body. They both kissed and nipped, sucks on each other skin. After few moments Arnav picks up Khushi and back her against the wall and Khushi wound her legs around his waist. Arnav entered her with one stroke.

"Arnaaavvv", Khushi moaned loud. They both got lost in each other, making love and cherishing their bond.

2 Months Later ... March ...

"Aman, seriously stop jumping, you are annoying me", said Lavanya in stern tone as yet once again Aman jumped on his feet to see over the sea of people coming out of international terminal of airport, trying to locate Arnav and Khushi.

"Why are they not out yet? Its been an hour", said Aman with a whine.

"Aman you do know that international customs take time", Lavanya huffed in annoyance. They had been standing outside the terminal door almost an hour, waiting for Arnav and Khushi.

"There they are ... ASR ... ARNAV ... KHUSHI ...", Aman shouted on top of his voice. Lavanya flinched and look around as few passersby give them a look. She swatted Aman's arm, "Stop it you moron"

"ASR ... ASR here ...", said Aman waving his hand as he move forward. Lavanya followed, shaking her head.

Arnav, Khushi, Arush and Mrs. Shobah had landed 2 hours ago at London Airport. AR London Fashion Show will be held a week from today. Their team will be coming 3 days before the fashion show to check on their dresses worn by models for rehearsal. Arnav wanted to come early to check on his office and other things. But Khushi knows that the major reason is that he wants to spend some time with Aman, he had missed him terribly, though Arnav never said it but Khushi knew better. She had seen him talking to Aman on phone more than necessary, felt his lingering glances to his left side, where Aman always stood beside Arnav. The way his eyes would lit up at the mention of Aman's name or even seeing his name flashing on his cell. At one point he did mention to Khushi, after he was finished with one of his inter office meeting, that he wished for Aman to be here, as he knew these kind of stuff more than him but Khushi knew the hidden meaning, he missed his friend so much.

And now looking at how Arnav move forwards towards Aman, and the way both men embrace each other as if long lost friends. Khushi shared a knowing look with Lavany who smiled and then rolled her eyes pointing towards still embraced Arnav and Aman. Khushi giggles understanding her meaning as she remembered the term Lavanya would sometimes use for those two men ... long lost lovers.

After greeting each other they all went to the Hotel which Aman had booked a room for Arnav and others. It's a pent suite having 2 bedrooms, small living room with an open kitchen. Mrs. Shobah was retired to the smaller bedroom and Khushi and Lavanya were sitting on bed in the master bedroom. Arush was laying on bed, having his milk.

"Did ASR also acted like Aman?", asked Lavanya, "Seriously that man is almost close to a whining puppy".

Khushi giggles, "No Arnavji was not like that but I know he missed Aman very much. Specially in office, he use to get lost in between work, meetings or calls and you know I am not sure if I am correct or not but sometimes he would turn to his left side while speaking and then he would falter and then speak up again".

"yeah Aman would always stand or sit on ASR's left, though I am not sure why as we all use to call him ASR's right hand man", said Lavanya.
"Yes I figured that much", said Khushi.
"You hungry?", said Lavanya, "I am feeling like to have coffee".
"Yeah I can use some snacks", said Khushi, "Arush ... baby do you want to sleep or not".
"Naah ...", said Arush as he had finished his milk and was now crawling on bed.
"Come here, Lets see what your papa is doing?", said Khushi and pick up Arush. They went to the living room and saw Arnav and Aman engross in some discussion, Aman showing something to Arnav on his cellphone.

"We are ordering some snacks and coffee do you guys need anything?", Lavanya called out to them.

They both look up at the same time, with the same thinking expression making Lavanya roll her eyes and Khushi stifling her laugh.

"Just coffee", said Arnav.

"Coffee please", said Aman at the same time.

"Seriously guys ...", said Lavanya and then turn to Khushi, "Love birds", she mouthed making Khushi giggled. Arnav and Aman went back to their discussion and Lavanya order coffee and some snacks for them.

It was after 10pm and Lavanya was tired and wanted to go their Apartment that she and Aman had rented near AR London office, but it seems like both two men are nowhere near ending their long last reunion. "That's it. I have enough", said Lavanya as she stand up from the bed, where she and Khushi was sitting and Arush was sleeping beside them, "Aman can stay here, he can sleep on sofa. I am going home", she went out of the room and Khushi followed.

"Ok that's enough guys, its late and some people like to sleep as they have to go to office tomorrow. I am leaving. Aman you coming or staying?", said Lavanya putting hand on her waist, giving stern expressions to both men.

"Oh its late, yeah we should leave", said Aman as she stood up from the sofa, "We will come tomorrow".

"I thought we will be meeting at Office tomorrow", said Arnav. "You sure? You should rest for tomorrow and get rid of jet lag or time difference", said Aman.
"Its fine, we will come later in the day", said Arnav.
"Good, we can have lunch then. What say Lavanya?", said Aman looking at Lavanya.
"Yeah yeah ... see you guys tomorrow for lunch", said Lavanya as she went to Aman and held his hand, tugging him along, "Now lets go, I am tired". They bid goodbye to Khushi and Arnav and left.

Khushi look at Arnav and then at the glass beside him on the kitchen counter, half filled with amber liquid. She give him a questioning look.

"We were just talking and discussion about the fashion show", said Arnav. Khushi went close to him, moving in his space as she cups his cheek, rubbing the area with her thumb, "I know you missed him very much Arnavji. Its ok to admit it, it doesn't make you weak".

Arnav look at her with surprise evident on his feature and after some beats he did admit, "Yeah I did ... I didn't knew how much until I saw him today and it was ... was like ...", he didn't know what to say more.

"I know... I understand", said Khushi as she held his hand, "Come one now, its time to sleep".

Arnav squeezed her hands in silent thank you for understanding him and they went to room to sleep.

-------------------
Khushi looked around in awe ... the office was modern and classy. On the right she saw the AR DESIGNZ written on a white marble slab on the wall. 

(see chapter on wattpad for images: https://www.wattpad.com/1040493355-arshi-ff-you-are-my-new-dream-last-chapter-102
 I can't seem to upload images here on IF)

Aman told them it was the reception area and pointed towards the rich grey sofas as the waiting Area and behind those were 2 lift doors. They move towards left and entering through the sliding door, they come to an elongated hall filled with work stations.
"This place hold our management and marketing team", said Aman and move ahead to explore the area. There were people working on their desk and Aman introduce them to Arnav and Khushi. They exchanged handshake and pleasantries. After some time Aman took them to the upper floor.

On right Khushi guessed was the cafeteria and they move towards the left, another sliding door and they came to a hallway, in front of them was a glass cabin, which Aman told he and Lavanya uses. They went on left side which houses another work station with few less cubicles as compare to downstairs, "Here resides our designers", said Aman. There was only 2 people there and Aman introduce them to Khushi and Arnav and then they all went to the right side of hallway which includes one conference hall, for meeting purposes and then another hall which was the designer's workshop where they work on clothes. There were 7 people and Aman introduces them to Arnav and Khushi.

Arnav and Khushi liked the office very much. It was not as large as AR back in Dehli but as it house half of the staff as compare to AR, it was sufficient. They all went to nearby restaurant to have lunch.

Days passed between Arnav going to office and Khushi staying back in hotel, going out with Arush and Mrs. Shobah to roam around London. Soon it was the day of the Fashion Show and everything was done top notch.

The hall was filled with clients, audience, reporters and some friends and associates. Aman went on the stage to give the welcoming speech and the show started. The first 20 models showcased western attired, of casual outdoor outfits, then another 20 models, mix of male and females present the semi-formal outfits. Then came 20 male models wearing formal 3 piece suites, 20 female models wearing beautiful evening gowns. Then came the indian traditional outfits, Sarees and casual clothes.

"And now guys our special bridal line, which is a mix of western and indian culture, a contemporary take on bridal lehngas and bridal downs", said Aman and then the lights went off and came the first model wearing gold and off white gown.
The model went ahead to the front of the ramp, twirl once and then after few beats turn and went back. One by one model came wear different color bridal gowns.
Arnav was glad to hear the applause by audience and the reporters were snapping away. Each dress was extravagant yet unique.
The models done their rounds on the ramp twice the then went backstage. Then Aman announces for the show stopper dress and a model came, wearing a beautiful and elegent red shimmering gown, with hanging beads on the upper arms.

When model made her round she went back and all other models came back did their final round and went back. The lights came on and the audience applauded. Aman came on the stage and welcome Arnav to come on stage and say a few words.

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen for giving your time and attending our show, I hope it turns out successful as my team has worked very hard on every piece, specially our contemporary bridal line", said Arnav holding the mic, "Now I would like to welcome my designer team on the stage".

Alisha and Karthik came first, followed by Suman, Sonia, Ajay, Prachi and Reehan. Arnav introduce every one, by taking their name and telling them which designer had worked on which bridal gown.

"And now I welcome a very special person that worked on the show stopper dress along with Mr. Reehan and Ms. Alisha. Welcome our team lead and my dear wife Khushi Sign Raizada", said Arnav and turn to look at the entrance of the ramp.

Khushi entered wearing a navy blue gown, delivered to her by Arnav with a request to wear it tonight. Arnav held out his hand and Khushi smiled shyly at him and extended her hand taking his. Arnav pull her close and he couldn't help but kiss her forehead. There were some whistles and claps around the hall.

"Hello everyone", said Khushi holding the mic, her hand shiver a little as every eye on the hall was on her, "I am really thankful of my team for working very hard, they all deserve a praise and (she turn to Arnav and tap his navy blue tie) a pay raise dear husband".

There were murmurs and some laughs around the hall.

"Really they worked very very hard. Not only for the design part but also for the production part. I know they have spend time very late night into the workshop to give the perfect outcome and I am glad to see that everything was perfect.", said Khushi and then pointed towards Alisha.

"Alisha and Rehaan, thank you for your creativity and hard work. This show stopper dress will have both your names as the creator", said Khushi and clapped along with others.

Alisha swiped at her eyes and Rehaan give a subtle bow to Khushi.

"And I look forward to work with all of you again very soon", said Khushi and then hand over the mic to Arnav who spoke for few minutes concluding the event. Aman and Arnav spoke with few reporters, even Khushi answered few questions and gesture the reports towards her team to include them as well.

After some time they all went to another hotel, where a hall and dinner was booked for all the employees of AR.

"I am so proud of you", said Arnav in a low whispers as he move on the dance floor, holding Khushi close. Few other were dancing as well around them.

"I didn't do much. It was all your hard work so I am proud of you", said Khushi.

"Really, last I remember it was you who was leading the team, spending extra time sketching and coordinating with the design team. I know they all work hard and yes I will give them a pay raise but Khushi you have equally worked hard. So What should I give you in place of pay raise?", said Arnav.

"I don't need anything Arnavji. I am just happy that everything went smoothly, I knew you were worried about this show", said Khushi.

"Well lets see what type of reviews we get in the coming days. Then we will know how much of a success the fashion show was", said Arnav as he twirl Khushi and then pull her back.

"It will be successful", said Khushi. Arnav shrugged, "So tell me what should I give you as a token of your hard work", said Arnav.

"You know I don't need anything, I have everything", said Khushi and before Arnav could speak up she continues, "If you really want to give me something then lets spend some time here in London. Just you me and Arush, as a family".

Arnav looks at her with some surprise and gratitude. If there was any other girl, she would have asked for expensive gifts or a luxury getaway but Khushi always thinks of her love ones first. This is one of the quality that had made Arnav fall in love with her.

"Done", said Arnav and was rewarded with a beaming smile from Khushi.

After some Months ....

Arnav looks over the building; the sky behind them was starting to change colors, from purple hue to orange hue, indicating the sun will rise in few minutes. A fine breeze was flowing; Arnav closes his eyes, feeling the wind ruffling his hair. A contented sigh escapes his lips, he felt light ... he felt happy ... and the reason for his happiness is laying on bed behind in the room.

Arnav glances into the room from his position at the balcony; he can see the steady rise the fell of his beloved wife's frame, covered only by a thin bed cover. He smiles remembering the previous night ... their first wedding anniversary.

Khushi wanted to celebrate it with family and Anjali wanted the same but he wanted it to be special ... to create a special memory for Khushi and him. So he arranges a weeklong trip to Greece. They had landed here in Greece 2 days back and just yesterday they had celebrated their first wedding anniversary. Breakfast in bed, strolling around town with Arush, a boat trip in the sea and then dinner in a cozy restaurant. After they retired to room, Khushi was surprise to find a single bed placed beside their own king size bed. Arnav answered that tonight he doesn't want to share her with his son.

Khushi protested but Arnav knew well, she wants him as much as he wants her yesterday night. He had slowly peeled off her clothes, paid attention to every inch of her body. Kissed very nook and dent and then made love to her slow and sweet. It was not over yet, he had woken up Khushi twice in the night and made love to her. He was just insatiable yesterday.

He was happy, elated and overwhelmed. He had never imagined getting married yet alone being committed to a woman for long. His marriage with Tania was not his choice, if given; he would never have married her. And he had hated her ... so much ... for taking his choice away from him. He wanted to live life on his own terms, being humiliated and betrayed by his uncle and relatives when his parents died, he had become insistence that he will live life without letting anyone control him. Apart from his situation with Tania he had seen been successful in that ... until ... until Khushi came into his life.

And his life turned upside down.

The last whole year was just kind of a roller coaster ride for him ... his meeting with Khushi in office, challenging her with work, their first kiss and their intimate moments together. Then her getting kidnapped by his uncle, that time was the worst time of his life ... when he had felt that he will die without Khushi ... the moment he realized that he love her and cannot live without her. He consider himself a very lucky man, elated to be the recipient of her beautiful heart, her kindness, her forgiving nature and her love. Getting married to her was the best decision of his life, his most memorable moment when he bound Khushi to himself for the lifetime.

Her love had changed him, not completely, but so many things have changed in him. He was the same arrogant and shrewd business man but he is more open in regards to his emotions now. He was more attentive to his family, more caring towards his son and more respectful towards relations and traditions. He loves Khushi very much ... she is not only his wife but she has become his life now ... his reason to breath peacefully.

The sun has risen fully and he went back into the room. He sits beside a sleeping Khushi, he caresses her cheek lightly, lovingly. He could see few red marks, his bite marks ... few scratches from his stubble on her upper chest, exposed, naked ... very much inciting to him. He was trying to control himself, not to wake Khushi up so that he can make love to her again.

Khushi stir and blinked her eyes open. Arnav pull his hand back, "Sorry, I didn't want to wake you up".

"Why are you up? What time is it?", she mumbled sleepily. "Early morning, go back to sleep", he caresses her cheek with his knuckles.

"Come to bed, come here", said Khushi patting the space beside her.

"I can't ...", said Arnav, "I won't be able to stop myself, you go to sleep", he stood up and about to move away when Khushi grabs her wirst.

"Arnav ... please come na", said Khushi. Arnav look back into her beautiful eyes, holding him captive. Who is he to deny? He climbs in the bed and lay beside her. Khushi move closer to him, placing her head over his chest and draped her arm across her torso.

"Its ok Arnav ... I don't mind", mumbled Khushi into his chest. "I ... I can't ... I already woke you up twice in night. You need rest", said Arnav his voice clearly strained as he tried to keep his arousal down.

Khushi probed up, making her face hover above his, "Arnav ... I love you as much as you love me", she pecks her lips, taking his lower lip in between hers, she sucks on it. Arnav groaned, holding Khushi's arms, "Khushi ... please ... don't", his control was slipping.

"Arnaaavv... (she drags her name) I want you as much as you want me", whispered Khushi seductively.

And his control snapped. He push her down on her back and hover over her, "you sure?".

Khushi nodded as she roams her hand on his shoulders and down to his chest.

Oh how much he love her ... so so much ... was the last thought in his mind when he kissed his wife deeply ... taking her into the passionate world of love making with him.

Later that day...

Arnav watches happily as Khushi run after Arush, who was a little bundle of joy running here and there in sand. They had come to the beach after lunch, the weather was very pleasant and Khushi wanted Arush to experience the sand and the feel of sea. His moment broke when he felt someone come closer, he looked to side to see an old women, she spoke something in the local language which he didn't understand.

"Sorry I didn't understand", said Arnav.

"Oh sorry ... your wife?", the woman said pointed to Khushi and Arush.

"Yes she is my wife and son", answered Arnav politely.

Woman nodded her head, "you have a very beautiful family ... lucky man".

Arnav was stunned, a feeling of déjà vu came over him. Someone had said the same thing to him long back. It was in Paris, when he had went out with Khushi and Arush during their fashion shown, back when they were not married. That time a man in the park said the same thing to him.

"Yes I am very lucky", said Arnav and woman smiles at him and went ahead.

He couldn't replied back then to that man, agreeing that it was his family but now he can proudly and happily said that indeed that woman and little boy playing in front of him, just few feets away, are his family.

Oh yes, he is a lucky man. A happy, peaceful, very in love lucky man, he thought as he move ahead and joined his family.

---------

AND ... THE END !!

Sniff Sniff, crying here a little. Oh my this story had come to an end. It started in 2012 and left in between due to my personal struggles, depression and issues. I am glad to come back and finish it. Thanks to my friend SriSsv, who encouraged me to finished it. 

And yes i haven't forgotten my promise dear @SriSsv , i will write a new story soon. 

And thank you very very very much, to my every single reader, for reading this story, liking it, commenting on chapters and voting it ... THANK YOU so so much my lovelies.

And special thanks to all you guys for being patient and being understanding... much love to you all .... muuuuaaaahhhhhhhhhh...

its not end yet ... :D  3 Epilogues will be coming up soon.

Edited by Bubbles76 - 3 years ago