Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cheesybites thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
This was such a lighthearted and refreshing chapter! Loved it, really looking forward to the next part :)
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hahaa, Dr Sabeena is in for a shock when she finds out that the "Baji types " Zubiya is actually Asfand's darling wife.
octaverider thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A nod to Zubiya, Karachi, and Karachi Kings all at once. Nice going Asfi! Gotta love you for writing this so well. And please no one cares about the medical mambo jumbo.

Natasha please write soon! I love your stories.

Hayaa.m thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
5 days gone and still no update?
1127603 thumbnail
A/N: I had wanted to finish this story in this part lekin didn't have the time to write more. Will be posting one more part soon, just didn't want to keep you guys waiting too long.
Hope you enjoy!!! I LOVE reading your comments

There was a spring in Sabeena's step today. Dr. Asfandyar, who had been out of town for a couple of days, was finally returning today. Also, there was a party this evening, being hosted by Dr Shehroz and Dr Asifa to mark the new staff's 1 month on the job and to bring together all of the staff and their families for one big celebration. Sabeena was hoping that the meeting outside of work, at the party, will help her get more comfortable and friendly with Dr Asfandyar. She had taken extra care to get dressed today -- wore her new Sapphire top with tights and blow dried her hair into waves. She was checking the day's schedule and tasks at the nurse's station when she spotted Dr. Asfandyar and Dr Zubiya walking in together. Dr Zubiya's hair was half up and looked like they were still slightly wet from the morning shower. She was holding her white coat and her dupatta in her hands. She walked briskly inside and was about to turn the corner in the hallway when Dr Asfandyar called her from behind. She turned around and ran back to him to grab her thermal cup with her chai from his hand before rushing inside.
The scene gave Sabeena an uneasy feeling but she pacified herself by saying "she was probably running late and took a ride from him"

Zubiya ran her outpatient clinic on this day of the week to conduct follow up appointments, complete check-ups, review test results etc. As a result, the patients admitted in the hospital, who were under Zubiya's care, were Sabeena's responsibility today. Sabeena was working in the ward when Asfand came upto her with a chart in his hand. He was completing his rounds across all wards since he had been away for a few days.
A: Dr. Sabeena, have you been working in the ward all morning.
S: jee main to subah sey yahin hon.
A: Yeh bed number 7 ke patients ki medication ka dosage apney prescribe kiya hai?
S: yes but...
A: Did you ask anyone or try to look up the correct dosage before prescribing it?
S: No sir I thought I was prescribing the correct amount.
A: You thought? Dr. Sabeena apke is over confidence ki wajah sey kisi ki jaan ja sakti hai. As a doctor, you should NEVER be too proud or to confident to research or ask. Mere yahan nurses ko bhi is medication ka dosage pata hai, if Dr. Zubiya is unavailable, you could've asked one of them or another doctor. I know the nurse would've looked at your prescription and adjusted the dosage before giving it to the patient but what is your responsibility here?
He sounded extremely angry and disappointed. Sabeena was shocked!
A: A mistake like this could be very costly and is inexcusable here because we have explicitly told you several times that there are resources available to help you; it is up to you to utilize them instead of guessing.
He walked away after saying that and Sabeena just stood there stunned. This was not how she had expected to start her day today. She mentioned the incident to Zubiya briefly who told her not to stress over it too much, "Dr. Asfand won't hold it against you so don't worry, just be mindful of what he has told you. What he does expect is for you to NOT repeat your mistake"
Sabeena was grateful for her reassurance. She was glad she didn't see him for the rest of the day. "Ab shaam mein milon gi to apologize karlongi"

6:00PM
Zubiya and Sabeena walked towards the nurse's station. They had just wrapped up for the day and were ready to go home.
Nurse Shazia: Dr. Zubiya, Dr Asfandyar aye thay apko pooch rahey thay. Keh rahe thay woh ready hain ghar jane ke liye, ap jab free ho to ajaye.
Z: Thanks Shazia, mera phone bhi dead hai I am sure he was texting me. Chalo theek hai main nikalti hon I will see you guys at Dr. Asifa's house. Zubiya picked up her stuff and walked away.
Sabeena: Yeh log hamesha saath atey jate hain?
Shazia: Nahi agar timings similar hon tab. Or agar driver available nahi ho to phir Dr. Asfandyar khud he Dr. Zubiya ko pick and drop kar letay hain.
Sab: Must be nice, getting rides with the boss all the time.
Shaz: Few perks of having your boss as your husband. Shazia responded laughing. She failed to notice Sabeena's shocked expression.
Sab: Husband? Yeh dono married hain.
Shaz: Haan, apko nahi pata?
Dr. Asifa: Tum log abhi yahin ho? I expect all of you to be on time, no fashionably late arrivals at my house. She was on her way out and had stopped by to drop off some papers.
Sab: Yeh married hain? She asked again. Arrange marriage the? How did that even work? Her mind was overflowing with so many questions.
Asifa: Kiski?
Shaz: Dr. Asfand or Zubiya? Arrange to nahi keh sakte. She laughed again.
Asifa: Oh acha! Un dono ki? 50-50 keh lo Shazia. She laughed. Actually I guess they both kind of liked each other. Asfand was the first one to realize it and once he did there was no stopping him, haina Shazia?
Shaz: hahaha bilkul. He pursued her. Once he realized he wanted to marry her, he was very open with his attraction and affection towards her. Sabko pata chal gaya tha hospital main. Jab Dr Zubiya hoti thi to unko koi or nazar nahi ata tha, woh bechari ghabrayi phirti thi. Hum sab ko to bahut maza ata tha.
Asifa: Haan yaad hai! Mrs Usman ka bus chalta to pehlay din he usko dulhan bana kar ghar ley jati. His family loved her too and he knew that Zubiya liked him bus usko or encouragement mil gayi. Hamari Zubiya reluctant thi shuroo main lekin he was determined, she couldn't resist his unrelenting charms too long. Asfand or Zubiya ke ghar walon ney bhi usko convince karne main help ki.
Shaz: Or apney or Dr. Shehroz ney bhi. Shazia smiled at the senior doctor.
Asifa: Shehroz ko to bahut shoq tha inki shadi ka. I always think ke agar meri beti hoti to woh bilkul Zubiya jaisi hoti. Asfand sey acha companion or partner koi or tha he nahi Zubiya ke liye. He has filled her life with all the joy that she deserves! Dr. Asifa said getting teary eyed.
This coles notes version of their love story was quite the revelation for Sabeena. She couldn't believe that it was actually true. How is Dr. Zubiya so nonchalant about it at work? DR. ASFANDYAR IS HER HUSBAND!!! How does she remain so unaffected? She's smarter than I have given her credit for...

Sabeena was one of the last ones to arrive at the party. She walked in and saw people spread around Dr. Shehroz's living room. Gaiti was sitting on an arm chair next to Dr. Haroon's mom. Dr. Haroon sat on the other side of her. Asfand was sitting on the couch with his mother. Dr. Shehroz, barrister Usman and everyone else were sitting on the couches and chairs close by. Sabeena checked out Asfand as she greeted everyone. He was wearing blue jeans with a dark gray waffle knit Ralph Lauren sweater that had a mock neck collar and three buttons. 2 of the buttons were undone😉 and his black t-shirt underneath was visible. This was her first time seeing him in casual wear and she felt her mouth going dry at seeing him look so relaxed and handsome. He greeted her politely; no sign of any anger from earlier this day. Sabeena sat down across from him just as Zubiya walked in.
Zubiya wore a beautiful red chiffon angarkha with thread work on it. Her dupatta was a chiffon net with silver chan. She wore chunky oxidized silver earrings and lots of silver bangles in both her wrists. Her hair was down and she had curled the ends. Sabeena immediately looked at Asfand and noticed how his eyes followed her as she brought out the appetizers with Dr. Asifa. "This is probably what sister Shazia meant when she said unko koi or nazar nahi ata"

octaverider thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Do you have any idea how much I wait for your updates? No. Well, I wait!

This was lovely. The cliff notes of their love story and the nonchalance of Zubiya.

Update the last part soon or whenever. No pressure. But I will be waiting! Just saying. 😆
DeewaniMastaani thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Loved it to the core. 🤗❤️
Aatra.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ehhh... the last scene has me going all awww over them!!
Dr.Asifa and Shaz explaining Asfiya's love story is so well written..❤️
Loved this part and eagerly waiting for the next one 😃
Cheesybites thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This was soo cute! Finally Sabeena knows..! Also, the way you bring in natural Asfiya moments in the story is so beautiful and refreshing. Good job on keeping them so in character. Update sooon please :)
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Part 4 jaldi upload karo , please. Haha, Sabeena gets the details of their story as do we. The hospital staff must have had a field day watching Asfand playing Romeo to a reluctant Zubiya. I hope someone mentioned his "non-serious mizaaj " to him.
Edited by SS88 - 6 years ago