Asfand Zubi-New OS page 24

1127603 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
"Tum yeh goli khao gi to inshallah is dafa bacha thehernay main asani hogi, bholna mat!" Zubiya told the 17 year old young girl in front of who was still a shy newly wed and had recently undergone a miscarriage. Zubiya had gently encouraged her to wait a while before getting pregnant again however after working in this valley for the past 3 years; Zubiya had learnt a few things about societal and cultural norms. So, she did her best in helping the women here maintain good health, pregnancies etc while also educating them about healthy lifestyle practices. She had acquired this trait from her mother, " always focus on making small changes instead of trying to tackle the elephant in the room in one go" she smiled thinking about her mother. As a young kid zubiya had imagined her Abbi as the Elephant in the room' and it had always made her laugh but as she grew up, she realized how her mother was always doing little things to make life at home easier for her and Rehan bhai. "Ping" her phone beeped demanding her attention. She looked at the phone and realized it was her 1:40pm reminder that she had set this morning so she quickly started wrapping up. After checking in with the nurses and letting them know she was heading out, she started walking towards Dr. Asfandyar's room.
Come in she heard Asfandyar say as she knocked. Zubiya walked in "Good afternoon Dr. Shahroz and Dr. Asifa" she smiled at them."Arey Zubiya, kaisi ho?" Dr Asifa asked her affectionately while Dr. Shahroz flashed her a big smile. He was in deep discussion with Dr. Asfand.
Dr. Asfand looked up and drank in her form; she was wearing a peach chikankari suit with peach shalwar and had paired it, oddly enough, with a bright blue dupatta-two colours he wouldn't necessarily put together but after knowing her for 3 years he had realized that only she can come up with these colour combinations and pull them off so effortlessly. Yes!Effortelessly! That is what she was; effortlessly stunning! Her face was devoid of any make up but the natural pink of her cheeks matched her outfit. She had kajal and mascara on which made her impossibly big eyes even bigger...if that was even possible. Her lips had the slight remainders of some pink/red colour she may have put on in the morning however it was almost gone now because of the several cups of chai she drank at work. Her hair was parted in the middle and some rebellious tendrils had managed to escape and were now showing off their escape by dancing around her delicate features.
She looked at him and held his gaze for a second before cheerfully turning towards Dr Asifa "Main theek hon, ap logon ka safar kaisa tha? Mujhe kyon nahi bataya ap agaye hain wapis she pouted and complained and gave Dr. Asifa a big hug. "Tumhein batatey to tum hamarey ghar ki safayi or khana pakaney main lag jati, mujhe pata tha tum hospital main busy hogi. We got back this morning and I had to touch base with Asfand, we will be heading home soon to sleep, don't worryDr. Shahroz said to her smiling as she sat down and he patted her head. He returned to his conversation with Asfand while Dr. Asifa started talking to Zubiya "Ghar per sab kaisey hain?,Karachi jana howa" "Sab theek hain Allah ka shukar hay or Karachi ka plan bus bana rahi hon meri chutti confirm ho jaye " Zubiya responded while eyeing Dr Asfand from the corner of her eyes who was too engrossed in his conversation with Dr. Shahroz. Dr Asifa smiled and asked with her eyes twinkling " arey haan, husband kaisa hay ajkal tumhara?" Asfnad's ears perked up at her husband's mention but he continued his conversation with Dr. Shahroz and pretended not to pay attention."Ap sahi kehti theen, these men I SWEAR! Sarey ek jaisey hotey hain, meray bhi waisey he hain, moody and obsessed with work. Ap ko pata hai meri unsey kal sey baat nahi hui hai who kaam main itney busy hain key main yaad he nahi. Unka pehla, dosra, teesra sara pyar kaam sey hua hai, mera number to shayad 4th ya 5th hay if I am lucky">Dr. Asifa let out a big laugh at her rant "Tum itni pyari ho, tumhein koi kaisey ignore karey ga "I concur"Dr. Shahroz interjected while standing up. "No sane man will ever forget his wife and will do everything in his power to show her that there is nothing else on his mind but her" He said as he winked at Asfand. Dr. Asifa got up with him and they both said their good byes after giving her hugs and Asfand followed them to walk them out while Zubiya leaned on his table facing the door scrolling through her phone. She looked up as she heard the door click. She had not realized that he had returned to the room and had closed and locked the door.
Z: Main sirf ap ko bataney ayi thee main ja rahi hon. She told him sharply
A: "Dr. Zubiya ap itni jaldi kaisey ja rahi hain he asked as he lazily walked towards her. His eyes looked tired but he had a relaxed half smirk on his face. Zubiya could feel her grumpiness easing away to make room for concern and other feelings. Feelings only he evoked in her...
Z: Mujhe Saim ko school sey pick up karna hai, bhabi busy hain She said softly as he wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in her neck. "Or main pori shift kar key ja rahi hon, aj main jaldi ayi thi so I can leave early. Dr. Hira came in early to fill in for me. She clarified as her hands involuntarily touched his shoulder blades and her fingers started going in circles to ease the tension in those muscles. He sighed and she felt him relax under her touch. "Waisey acha hua shift pori ki I don't want the staff gossiping about you getting away with whatever you want because the boss is so utterly, hopelessly, obsessively in love with you" Asfand lifted his head and before she could respond, his lips crashed on hers. Zubiya had not realized how much she had missed him until she felt his lip touch hers. Her body leaned into his on its' own and her fingers reached out to touch the hair on his nape. He needed a haircut, she thought, but she always loved feeling the curly texture when his hair was long. She felt him groan against her lips as his hands went under her shirt through the sides of her kurta
Z: "Saim 2:30 off ho jayega Asfi" she mumbled in a drugged voice as she felt his hands. He nibbled her lower lip as she spoke before plunging back into her mouth to show her what he thought of the idea of her leaving.
Z: Mujhe to waisey bhi ap sey baat nahi karni chahiye, you came to the hospital in the morning yesterday and have not been home since. I waited for you to call me last night and this morning but nahi Dr. sahab ko yaad hi nahi key family hai or wife hai. Asfand!!!! she hissed as he bit her earlobe. His one hand was under her kurta and the other was tracing her jaw and her collar bone. She could feel him everywhere and all over, that's how he was, all consuming.
He lifted her and placed her on the table, she cupped his face in both her hands and said "Asfi ghar chalein you're tired". "Wish I could babe" he said dropping a quick kiss on her head.
A: you know kal raat ko emergency ho gayi thi, I had to stay back to assist with surgery early this morning. Then Dr. Shahroz agaye thay aj we had to have a quick meeting. Abhi mujhe ek conference call karna hai GE Healthcare ki sales team key saath for some diagnostic imaging equipment" He told her as she cradled his face.
Z: Asfand! I know how hard you work lekin kisi ney kaha tha mujhe ek dafa key apna health ka khayal rakhey gi to patients ka khayal rakh saktey hain. She said with a naughty smile.
A: mujhsey shadi karkey tumhari memory achi ho gayi hai.
Z: acha come home, mama bhi pareshan thi ap nahi aye kal sey
A: right after my call
Z: okay, promise?
A: yes!
Z: no more coffee on your empty stomach, Call finish hotey he ghar?
Z: ab jaon?
Z: wow, since you're being so compliant main karachi jaon next week?
A: haha nice try! Hell no. Tum sab key samney meri shikayat karti ho key tumhara husband apney kaam sey pyar karta hay. No way you're going any where. I need to show you what are my first, second, third loves all the way to 100.He said while running his eyes all over her. She giggled as his face bent towards her again. She put her hands on his chest and said "Dr. Asfand I am running late, Come home !" He entwined their fingers and helped her slide down from his desk. Zubiya fixes herself while Asfand goes to unlock the door. He turns around and stares at her one last time before opening the door.Zubiya walks out followed by Asfand. They walk side by side to her car, he opens the back door for her as she slides in. He instructs something to the driver and the car rolls off.
4:00pm
Asfand on his conference call: We are looking to have maintenance included in the warranty contracts. Also, my technicians would have to test the equipment for operation and electrical safety before we can confirm anything--his phones buzzes with a text
Z: Saim and I are tired after our lunch and games and YOU ARE STILL NOT HOME. Going to take a nap in Saim's room
A: DON'T YOU DARE! unless you would like mama, baba and everyone to see me haul you from Saim's bed to our room.
A (into his call): Yes, you can schedule a test date with the in-charge of the imaging team. I am going to send him an email today to contact you to set up time.
A: yes, great thank you. You will be hearing from us soon. Thanks again. Have a good evening.*Ends call, picks up his keys and walks out*😉

Edited by nittygritty1 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovefk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OHMYGOD THIS IS BLOOODYYY GOOODDD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WRITE MOREEE!!!!! my asfiya imagination running wild after reading this
Hayaa.m thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Beautiful OS..something very different. Pl write more.
1127603 thumbnail
Thanks for the words of encouragement. 128 views and only 2 comments. That's okay I will take whatever I can get
This will probably be a series of unrelated one shots or two shots because I don't think I have it in me to carry out a whole plot. So this is my version of what I imagine their life would look like post marriage Something we obviously won't see ***ughhh Hum!!!***
Let me know what you think
Edited by nittygritty1 - 7 years ago
1127603 thumbnail
Gaiti walked in and seaw her parents in law talking to someone, "arey Faryal tum kab ayi Faryal got up and gave her a hug "bus abhi half an hour ago
Gaiti smiled "acha, good to see you. I didn't know key tum Pakistan ayi howi ho.
"2 weeks key liye ayi thi, 2 din bad ja rahi hon to socha janey sey pehlay ap log sey mil lon Faryal told her sincerely. "Hum abhi yehi keh rahey thay key bahut acha socha Usman said to both of them.
Lubna was also there however did not nod or agree with her husband (haha). She had learnt how to tolerate Faryal now and is not as overtly obvious with her disapproval. Of course a lot of that had to do with a certain 5'2 doctor who had brought so much light into her baby's life. Yes, baby! Asfand was still her baby and seeing him so full of joy and peace made her easier to accept some of the trials life has thrown her way. Zubiya had brought joy not only into Asfi's life but she had wiped away the melancholy that filled their home too...
Speaking of Zubiya, where was she "Mama Zubiya or Saim abhi aye nahi
Lubna smiled at the mention of them "Nahi beta atey hongey, Zubiya ki night duty hoti hai to ghar par tumko pata hai sara din kuch na kuch karti rehti hai. Saim ke school sey aney ke baad gaye hain yeh log atey hongey "Kahan gaye hain yeh log Faryal couldn't help but ask. She couldn't imagine any fun or play places existing around this valley.
"Hamari Zubiya every month books or toys denay jati hai valley key poorer neighbouhoods main. Saim loves going with her because he enjoys meeting all the kids and going into smaller villages always seems like a good opportunity for him to go on little adventures and explore nature Usman explained with pride.

The sun was starting to fade away and the whole valley was being filled with a golden glow.
"MAAMMMAAA!!!! Gaiti heard Saim before she saw him appear in to the sitting area. He jumped up and hugged her and started telling her about his day animatedly.
Zubiya walked in behind him smiling. She was wearing a simple black kameez with black churidar and a red shawl. Her face was clean and free of make up, her hair was tied back in a high pony tail. She looked younger than what Faryal remembered her as.
She looked surprised to see Faryal as well but was polite enough to give her a quick hug.
"Lo agaye yeh log bhi, Zubiya tum fresh ho jao main khaaney ka arrangement dekhti hon. Gaiti hospital sey nikaltey huwey pata kia tha Asfand kab ayega Lubna said as she got up.
"Mama Peshawar sey Nephrology ki team ayi hai, Dr Shahroz or Asfi unhi key saath busy thay Gaiti said as she also started to walk away with Saim to freshen him up.
"Oh yes, Mama I forgot to tell you. Main Dr. Asifa ko ghar bulaya hai dinner key liye. Dr. Shahroz or Asfand to busy hain to main ney socha bechari akelay hongi aj sham Zubiya informed her mother in law.
"Bahut acha kiya beta. Let me get everything ready, why don't you go change "Haan Faryal tum bhi fresh ho jao we will have company for dinner Lubna FINALLY addressed her.
Faryal was feeling left out seeing all of this camaraderie between them and couldn't help feel a tinge of jealousy. This could've been me...she thought just as her phone rang.

Faryal finished her phone conversation in the sitting area. Usman was listening to Saim who had refused to go change with his mother and wanted to retell his story to his Dada when Asfand walked in. He smiled and greeted Faryal politely. She noticed his reserved formal demeanor but also realized that there was no hesitation or the attempt to mask his emotions anymore. He was just being himself; indifferent towards her.
He sat down by his father and Saim jumped into his lap now, happy to see one more person he could tell his story too.
"Ajao beta, Peshawar ki Nephrology team chali gayi.Usman asked his son. "Nahi kuch log sight seeing karney or local foods try karney gaye hain, mainey unko Rustom ke saath bheja hai. I have invited a couple of them for dinner. Mama ko bata don He responded looking around while holding Saim down who was play fighting him. "Acha main bata deta hon, tum jao fresh ho jao. Usman said as he saw his son dodging Saim's kicks while still looking around.
"Jisko tum dhoond rahe ho woh bhi upar gayi hai change karney Usman said smilingly as he got up. Asfand smiled and picked up Saim "Chalo Chooto, shower lo or change karo.
Faryal saw everyone walking away and sighed, "Would this what my life would have looked like, probably not because that girl is too plain Jane. Asfi and I would've had more fun she pacified herself as she started walking upstairs

Outside Asfand and Zubiya's room.

Z: No Asfand!!!
Faryal heard Zubiya say just as the sound of his laughter rang out. She was walking by their room and couldn't help herself.
Silence followed for a few seconds before she heard the sound of bangles clicking and Zubiya's soft laughter.

That's all Faryal could take.
The sounds made it feel like someone had picked up a thousand needles and poked them into her chest...
She started walking away...
seabeauty thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Wow!! That's different. Never thought anybody would write in this direction. Good work.plz keep it up
..Zahra.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
That was an interesting read, glad to see Faryal regretting and realising what she missed out on :)
Hope to see you write more and continue this 😊
lovefk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
you definitely to need to continue maybe just unrelated stuff but you have a way with words girl loved ittt❤️❤️
fanraya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow, so different, I liked it, 👏Please do write more..
1127603 thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
I am more than happy to watch the story pan out the way Farhat and the makers have decided. My mind always wonders what happens AFTER the drama is over and "happily ever after" begins.
This is my fly on the wall view of that I guess.
Appreciate all of the encouragement and kindness.
Maybe one more OS 😊