Users

Frequent Posters

fictitious thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: rajkamal02

⭐️For the lovely story...πŸ‘

Thank you Priya!

Also Hasi Di and Aaradhya! For being so nice every single time!
fictitious thumbnail

Waiting like an idiot! πŸ˜†
natashu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: natashu

Subha, this was just a lot to digest -- a lot of the pain fresh in my mind from when someone close to me lost her husband after bare 7 years of marriage. As I write this, I try to contain the tears I thought had dried out but your story here reinforces the idea that one may find happiness again and not feel guilty of the same.

Irene and Ranjith may have been bound from their very childhood - Denny was meant to drop in her life for a brief spell. I don't know why life does what it does - there's no explaining the happenings. We bear the brunt of it but we somehow function because the show must go on - but why must it go on where one lives like a shadow of themselves. May there be a Ranjith for every Irene out there so that she may live her life to the fullest.

Thank you for writing this emotionally charged and highly relevant story, Subha.

Tashu

πŸ€—

And Subha, I have updated my comments on page 3 😊
Edited by poetic - 7 years ago
Penkie06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
First of all... I shouldn't be sorry for this late reply.
Rather you should be sorry for almost making me numb enough to be unable to type a reply.

I am such a lover of tragedies that makes me all entangled to this story at a go. Death specifically fascinates me like nothing else.

A death here completes a story. Not that the death was ever a necessity, it was sad. Maybe Denny could have forever kept her the happiest. But then, Ranjith wouldn't have been complete ever. An incomplete love hurts more than death at times. A sacrifice of life on Denny's part was absolutely not needed, but maybe that's where fate plays its role. Most importantly, Irene is hard earned a jewel to Ranjith. He won't ever let her cry again.

Completeness has different facets.
Denny's life was complete in the sense, he was to live that much, but however much he lived, he was happy.
Irene was the one leftover, when he left. Incomplete.
Ranjith was forever incomplete without Irene.
And everyone in this world owes being completed. Just everyone.
sandhiya_1195 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
So sweet and cute TS Subha
fictitious thumbnail

Originally posted by: poetic

OK first thing first, here's a hug for you for writing this brilliant and emotional Christmas story πŸ€—

I read this at work yesterday, and couldn't connect with all the emotions. AT work, I am practically emotionless.

This is such a wonderful OS. Reminds me of The Gift of the Magi by O Henry, though the settings are different of course.

Irene and Rony's story belongs to a completely different class, this is more than a love story. This is a story of hope and inspiration, of second chances, of taking leaps into the unknown ... all interwoven with love and respect.

Did I say this is a beautiful emotion alright?

Thanks for writing this. Now I want a piece of that cake.

I'd make her bake a truck full of cakes for you! I love what you do to every budding writer here!❀️

And you know what?This time I'm thankful to you for a different reason altogether.As I said, I love stories that surround the Christmas theme. After penning this down, I went back to reading Christmas Carol. And then broke my head trying to remember the name of the story where a couple struggle and in the end sacrifice their fav things to buy gifts for their better halves. And you came up with EXACTLY that !!😲 How could I forget Jim and Della??
fictitious thumbnail

Originally posted by: natashu

Subha, this was just a lot to digest -- a lot of the pain fresh in my mind from when someone close to me lost her husband after bare 7 years of marriage. As I write this, I try to contain the tears I thought had dried out but your story here reinforces the idea that one may find happiness again and not feel guilty of the same.

Irene and Ranjith may have been bound from their very childhood - Denny was meant to drop in her life for a brief spell. I don't know why life does what it does - there's no explaining the happenings. We bear the brunt of it but we somehow function because the show must go on - but why must it go on where one lives like a shadow of themselves. May there be a Ranjith for every Irene out there so that she may live her life to the fullest.

Thank you for writing this emotionally charged and highly relevant story, Subha.

Thank you so much Natasha for being here! Your words are more beautiful than the story itself!❀️

May there be a Ranjith for every Irene out there so that she may live her life to the fullest.

I'm gonna cherish this line of yours. And that's exactly my prayer too! May God send a Farishta like Ranjith to every woman living a painful life without their better halves, including your beautiful friend! I genuinely hope she 'finds happiness again and not feel guilty of the same'.
fictitious thumbnail

Originally posted by: Penfolk

First of all... I shouldn't be sorry for this late reply.

Rather you should be sorry for almost making me numb enough to be unable to type a reply.

I am such a lover of tragedies that makes me all entangled to this story at a go. Death specifically fascinates me like nothing else.

A death here completes a story. Not that the death was ever a necessity, it was sad. Maybe Denny could have forever kept her the happiest. But then, Ranjith wouldn't have been complete ever. An incomplete love hurts more than death at times. A sacrifice of life on Denny's part was absolutely not needed, but maybe that's where fate plays its role. Most importantly, Irene is hard earned a jewel to Ranjith. He won't ever let her cry again.

Completeness has different facets.
Denny's life was complete in the sense, he was to live that much, but however much he lived, he was happy.
Irene was the one leftover, when he left. Incomplete.
Ranjith was forever incomplete without Irene.
And everyone in this world owes being completed. Just everyone.

I wish I could hug you right now! I'm gonna save a screenshot of this comment! That reference to Completeness!

You know what? I shouldn't feel sorry either, for I got this comment of yours!

If anyone ever asks me what I intended to convey through this story, I'm just gonna show them this comment of yours! Every line and every word of it. I couldn't have justified it any better!

I'm not a lover of tragedies but like I've said before, they leave a bigger impact on me. I'm very scared of losing my dear ones. In fact it's chronic! But death intrigues me as well. No matter how we lived, in the end we all return to dust-the inevitable end.

We're helpless about it, but could always learn to deal with it!
cosmosandme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
A lovely story with beautiful concept. Very well written subha ! 😳
You touch reader's heart with you write-ups. Keep writing and posting. Hope to read many more such stories from you.