Users

Frequent Posters

SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: nasco

[

LOL . telugu theriyathu ;) thats mix of telugu and tamil rightπŸ˜‰

Om shanti Oshana is a lovely romcom . I love the different kind of films malayalam churns out. 
Thrillers, historicals, drama,romcom,  serious,  you have films of every genre😊

The Telugu in my statement was Telugu , rest was TamilπŸ˜†

Oh and yes Munnariyippu and Mumbai Police are good movies.I liked Ezra too.
LegolasGondolin thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: NautankiSaali

The Telugu in my statement was Telugu , rest was TamilπŸ˜†

Oh and yes Munnariyippu and Mumbai Police are good movies.I liked Ezra too.

Yez Ezra was good , clearly different from the horror films that were made in malayalam before.😊
--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Yeah that's there when we speak its mostly the easy version. Also different parts of Kerala have different versions and slang so its kinda different but written malayalam is the same. The same thing is taught in schools too, the written script is the pure one. whereas the spoken malayalam is kinda simpler and differs from region to region πŸ˜Š

I see .. but the difference in slang hardly alters the language - the accent & certain words used changes but i can still clearly understand the language  .. the songs are just something different altogether ..  

Isnt the spoken Malayalam in movies the pure sort .. i feel like Christians in my area ( Malabar - northern Kerala ) speak the purest  form of Malayalam .. couple of my teachers ( Physics & Maths  ) were Malayalee- Christians & when they spoke in Malayalam , it was like poetry in motion , i could listen to them forever & ever ..   

My little sister learned Malayalam quickly but i find it so hard  ..  .. i look at the written script & all i see are round round Jalebi - i know i m missing out on good literature coz of this  .. in future , if i get married & have kids , i will send them to some tuition class to learn Malayalam or perhaps wifey dearest ( if a Malayalee ) can teach them  - i cannot help them there .. πŸ˜†
Edited by _Lord.of.Light_ - 7 years ago

Yez Ezra was good , clearly different from the horror films that were made in malayalam before.😊

I love horror movies .. but in Malayalam - only one i liked was my childhood favourite - Manichitratazhu , Shobana was beyond excellent in this one .. after that , i saw Akashganga & Anandabhadram .. the latter was a little better i feel but nothing extraordinary ..

I dont know the current horror scene in Malayalam films .. Ezra looks good , will give it a try .. 

Originally posted by: ScreamForMe

Ye konsi language hai?

Malayalam

^^ Unrelated to BW forum btw .. may be mods can shift it to member's lounge forum ..
BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I think in India there are many languages πŸ˜† Atleast i can understand hindi 😳
thethickofit thumbnail
Angel-likeDevil, great find! Malayalam is indeed very poetic. Wiki says the father of the language was a poet - Thunchaththu Ezhuthachan. I need to explore Malayalam poetry now. lol 

@nasco - Hey! Thank you for the wonderful translation. :)) And for the suggestions too. Busy day ahead. :P 

Can you help me identify a song I recorded off the radio? I can share the audio clip here. If it isn't against the rules or something..?
thethickofit thumbnail
Very interesting topic, btw. 

@on the topic of Dravidian languages - they are not mutually intelligible like say Hindi & Urdu. Only Tamil & Malayalam to a very limited extent. Whilst all the languages do share a common ancestor - Proto-Dravidian language, Kannada & Telugu evolved much earlier and developed independently. Tamil & Malayalam differentiated into Proto-South-Dravidian. Malayalam is debated to have been the last one to split. Malayalees may, thus, find it slightly easier to understand some words/phrases in Tamil. Modern Malayalam has little in common with Tamil, though. Certain dialects could be due to location and its history. 

Angel-likeDevil, look up 'Proto-Dravidian' on Wikipedia if you are interested in linguistics. I find South Indian languages & history utterly fascinating. But I am still learning. Long way to go! lol 
LegolasGondolin thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: _Lord.of.Light_

I see .. but the difference in slang hardly alters the language - the accent & certain words used changes but i can still clearly understand the language  .. the songs are just something different altogether ..  

Isnt the spoken Malayalam in movies the pure sort .. i feel like Christians in my area ( Malabar - northern Kerala ) speak the purest  form of Malayalam .. couple of my teachers ( Physics & Maths  ) were Malayalee- Christians & when they spoke in Malayalam , it was like poetry in motion , i could listen to them forever & ever ..   

My little sister learned Malayalam quickly but i find it so hard  ..  .. i look at the written script & all i see are round round Jalebi - i know i m missing out on good literature coz of this  .. in future , if i get married & have kids , i will send them to some tuition class to learn Malayalam or perhaps wifey dearest ( if a Malayalee ) can teach them  - i cannot help them there .. πŸ˜†

Lol even my friends from north say it seems like Jalebi, Yeah the spoke malayalam in movies have pure sort and slang versions toos like as per regions, like for eg. Honeybee and Amar Akbar anthony you see the typical Fortkochi(cochi) dialect, wheras in ordinary you see a different version.

I think most pure form is in wayanad and malabar area πŸ˜Š