Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: NautankiSaali

Enaku Telugu theriyathu. πŸ˜†

Also I have difficulty with Kannada despite my mom was one. Never bothered to learn ...Had I learnt Kannada ,Telugu would have been easier I think.Cause my mom seems to understand Telugu to some extent.

Do check it, nice romcom .If not for anything else, for the fellow in my  DP.😳

Oh, interesting to read about all your backgrounds πŸ˜ƒ

Nivin Pauly... yes, yes, it's on my bucket list! :-)
SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Movie is available in Hotstar but no subtitle Still I watch particular portion of that movie repeatedly.πŸ˜†  It's a FL centric movie but he had  so much impact with limited screen space.
Do suggest some Telugu movies,I wanna try😳

--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

@Lord --- Interesting.. will listen to that song in some time.. thankyou! :)

..do you watch Malayalam movies? They look so realistic, I have got to watch a few :) 

Oh wow, did you take up Marathi as second language in school or is just the influence of growing up surrounded by Marathi-speakers? 

These days very rarely .. true for all languages .. dont watch a lot of movies .. i do follow a couple of English TV series .. that consumes whatever free time i get .. recently i started reading fantasy novels ( other than Harry Potter πŸ˜† ) .. finished 'Uprooted'  by Naomi Novik  & regretted ever reading it .. πŸ˜†

Thinking of starting 'The Malazan book of the fallen' series .. 

It is the latter .. i grew up with the locals as a local .. I was impressed by how my parents completely adopted a new culture , especially my mom - she became an expert in everything Marathi - from food to local traditions ... quite an impressive feat IMO .. 
Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: _Lord.of.Light_

^^ Yes , I too feel Malayalam is a tough language .. and yes , also 'preserved' ...

I dont understand the songs , how do I suggest anything ? .. although , i liked 'ente kitabile penne' meaning "the girl in my book " (the guy keeps the girl's pic in his book ) - the title of the song is something different but the quoted words are the ones which i understood better .. πŸ˜† .. the movie is based on a real life story .. my mom heard of this story while she was growing up - it is a tragic romance between star crossed lovers - a girl from my caste ( Hindu - Thiyya ) falling in love with a Muslim guy , both of them plan to elope & settle abroad but meet an unfortunate ending ..

This song is relatively easier to understand due to all the Hindi/Urdu words thrown in between .. i can almost make out the meaning of the entire song ..

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=graP-a1MxN4[/YOUTUBE]

Beautiful song n d movie too<3
Its real story n that makes it evn more tragic;(

Angel do watch this movie,premam,OSO etc!
LegolasGondolin thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I am a Malayalee but brought up in Maharashtra .. i can speak Malayalam , but unfortunately cant read or write in my mother tongue .. Malayalee by blood but Marathi Manus by character .. 

I have never been able to understand even a single Malayalam song till date .. the lyrics & words used are so high-funda & complicated - almost Shakespeare-ish  that  i wonder if it is Malayalam at all .. Spoken Malayalam is entirely different from what i hear in the songs .. i wonder why that is .. 

Yeah that's there when we speak its mostly the easy version. Also different parts of Kerala have different versions and slang so its kinda different but written malayalam is the same. The same thing is taught in schools too, the written script is the pure one. whereas the spoken malayalam is kinda simpler and differs from region to region πŸ˜Š

yup, will surely do so :)

And, will ask you meanings incase I don't find online lyrics translation :p

Feel free to ask πŸ˜Š

Also, as a South Indian, I always found Malayalam to be very difficult language... I can understand tamil, Kannada to an extent, but Malayalam... it cannot be decoded! πŸ˜† ..it's so different for some reason and always makes me very curious - one of my irregular hobbies is to watch Asianet :p

Do you Malayalees understand telugu?

I cannot understand much, ive watched only limited films. But i think for me Telugu is kinda difficult , i can understand Tamil very well and Kannada i can speak lil since i studied in Mysore.

Asianet.. gah i dont fancy that channel much serials and stuff i would suggest asianet plus which is for movies and also Kiran tv where they play music and films πŸ˜Š

Originally posted by: NautankiSaali

Enaku Telugu theriyathu. πŸ˜†

Also I have difficulty with Kannada despite my mom was one. Never bothered to learn ...Had I learnt Kannada ,Telugu would have been easier I think.Cause my mom seems to understand Telugu to some extent.

Do check it, nice romcom .If not for anything else, for the fellow in my  DP.😳

LOL . telugu theriyathu ;) thats mix of telugu and tamil rightπŸ˜‰

Om shanti Oshana is a lovely romcom . I love the different kind of films malayalam churns out. 
Thrillers, historicals, drama,romcom,  serious,  you have films of every genre😊

^^ Yes , I too feel Malayalam is a tough language .. and yes , also 'preserved' ...

I dont understand the songs , how do I suggest anything ? .. although , i liked 'ente kitabile penne' meaning "the girl in my book " (the guy keeps the girl's pic in his book ) - the title of the song is something different but the quoted words are the ones which i understood better .. πŸ˜†  .. the movie is based on a real life story .. my mom heard of this story while she was growing up - it is a tragic romance between star crossed lovers - a girl from my caste ( Hindu - Thiyya ) falling in love with a Muslim guy , both of them plan to elope & settle abroad but meet an unfortunate ending .. 

This song is relatively easier to understand due to all the Hindi/Urdu words thrown in between .. i can almost make out the meaning of the entire song .. 

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=graP-a1MxN4[/YOUTUBE]

This film was heart breaking to watch especially since it was a real story.. πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­

Hi NS πŸ˜ƒ ..thanks, will listen in some time :) ...what about telugu? Unaka telugu theriyuma? unnaka telugu understand? πŸ˜›

I think my friend asked me to watch Om Shanti Oshana.. 

I hope you have watched Bangalore Days :) thats one awesome movie 
Ustad hotel
Om shanti oshana is defintely a favourite
Premam
Classmates (college politics and romance)

Do you like thrillers as well? 
if you do u should watch
Mumbai Police 
Munnariyippu
Drishyam
😊

Horror -Ezra
also please watch manichitrathaazhu ( remade in hindi as Bhool bhulaiyya)