Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

He had a development ? I don't think so.. he had just started to have some kind of development into his character and beeen leap happened. They needed more time to actually show his development properly. Here, what he is doing is completely his character. With 30% developped Mohsin I would say.. the rest hasn't happened yet. He needs to get constant reality checks to completely show up as a formed Mohsin. The first reality check was Nadia's death.. second one was when Ayna leaves and he goes to get her from her mother's house and apologizes. The difference was that for Nadia one, he didn't got a chance to repent or apologize to her directly.. but here with Ayna he got it.. it was a reassurance for him that Ayna is there.. she won't leave now.. even if she is upset and went, she is gonna come back once he goes to get her.. and the same thing happened. 30-40% development done. But after that, nothing of that sort happened.. he came to back to be his real self.

Now, something bigger needs to happen to finish his development phase. In my opinion, Tabi thing is going to be the next one, then Maaz/Imran then redemption track to realize Ayna's worth.

Well, these are all my thoughts.. they may be wrong or nothing to do with what happened.. but this is how I take it.

Hmm...

You may be onto something Ash. Perhaps we've all been confusing him falling for Aina as him developing. Generally when you fall for someone you forgive their past indiscretions. However, it never occurred to me that him falling for Aina would be the complement, but not the entirety, of his development. Hmm...I need to think about this.
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Liked your analysis ash about Moshin - you could be right or onto something here...never thought like this...perhaps this is what the writers are intending on doing...will think about it...thanks for sharing this analysis 😊
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Okay guys am off now, it's nice discussing with you all 😆 😊
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
LMAOOO just realized Asad Zaman Khans name was removed from the AT title. I feel bad because he played Imran so well but this is an EmNa show. Fight me if you disagree.

No matter how we feel about the episode, EmNa played their characters beautifully. They still deserve all the praises. MoNa are very, very layered characters and there are very few Pakistani actors that could ever pull these characters off, and next to no one has their level of chemistry. So Navin and Emmad, you will probably never read this, but the problems were having with the show have literally nothing to do with you. We love you!!

How lovely will it be to one day see an AT for a new EmNa drama, one that features a love story between the two not as complicated. No leaps, no past lovers. Ahh, wishful thinking!
Edited by Fobby_FoSho - 7 years ago
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I personally never thought he was in love with her. It was the inner MoNa fan who forced me to hope/think it may be true.. or he may have started falling for her.. but he actually didn't.

Now, when I think about it, it was all affection and attachment as I mentioned earlier. The attachment was there before marriage as cousins.. and post marriage it was husband wife wali affection. Him going all gaga seeing her in wedding attires and that dinner dress and all, it was JUST the beginning of the whole process of him falling for her which was a part of his development. It was attraction towards your life partner that usually couples develop for each other it is all natural. Then, things started to get more serious and both of them started to think about how they need each other.. again, it was only a part of the beginning of their love for each other. Then Ayna leaves.. and it ends for her as her monolgue indicated how bad she felt on knowing his thoughts about her.. there all was done for her.. according to me.. BUT Mohsin STILL was in the same phase.. since the "two-Mohsins" scene indicated.. that he felt bad.. for the first time ever.. he felt bad to point his fingers on her character.. he did it before as well.. but there he knew he was right.. here.. his instinct told him that NO, this time he was wrong. The 'Good' Mohsin told him he COULD be in love with her.. he didn't say yaasss you are .. cuz this actually was Mohsin's heart saying things aloud. He was about to fall in love with her.. but then she came back home on his demand and beem it all stopped again.

I personally feel that Ayna should have been away for a couple of days .. to actually finish this development phase of Mohsin to at least 50%.. he could have realized a bit more of her worth.. she was away for like.. 3-4 hours maybe ? And he got her back.. it' not enough. I wanted a separation track before leap.. but kher..

Again this is only my way of thinking .. it may have nothing to do with what writers actually intended to show.. lol
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Asad's name is not there anymore cuz he is not a part of the current episodes at leaat 😆

It would be funny to see him in glasses too 😆

A full fletched EmNa show may be in process of making seeing their popularity and demand .. we never know ;)
jasmine_anih thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I personally never thought he was in love with her. It was the inner MoNa fan who forced me to hope/think it may be true.. or he may have started falling for her.. but he actually didn't.

Now, when I think about it, it was all affection and attachment as I mentioned earlier. The attachment was there before marriage as cousins.. and post marriage it was husband wife wali affection. Him going all gaga seeing her in wedding attires and that dinner dress and all, it was JUST the beginning of the whole process of him falling for her which was a part of his development. It was attraction towards your life partner that usually couples develop for each other it is all natural. Then, things started to get more serious and both of them started to think about how they need each other.. again, it was only a part of the beginning of their love for each other. Then Ayna leaves.. and it ends for her as her monolgue indicated how bad she felt on knowing his thoughts about her.. there all was done for her.. according to me.. BUT Mohsin STILL was in the same phase.. since the "two-Mohsins" scene indicated.. that he felt bad.. for the first time ever.. he felt bad to point his fingers on her character.. he did it before as well.. but there he knew he was right.. here.. his instinct told him that NO, this time he was wrong. The 'Good' Mohsin told him he COULD be in love with her.. he didn't say yaasss you are .. cuz this actually was Mohsin's heart saying things aloud. He was about to fall in love with her.. but then she came back home on his demand and beem it all stopped again.

I personally feel that Ayna should have been away for a couple of days .. to actually finish this development phase of Mohsin to at least 50%.. he could have realized a bit more of her worth.. she was away for like.. 3-4 hours maybe ? And he got her back.. it' not enough. I wanted a separation track before leap.. but kher..

Again this is only my way of thinking .. it may have nothing to do with what writers actually intended to show.. lol

Hey Ash,

I feel like we think alike!

I kind of agree in the same direction as you. I think the distance we see between Moshin and Aina is two fold. In Aina's case she lost a child, it wasn't a death. Her child lives with someone else and she misses him, everyday. As much as she lives with this family she carries this emptiness.

That emptiness plays on Moshin's insecurities, I think he loves her and thinks she is innocent, but he doubts she feels as strongly about him. He has seen how she was in love. He watched it, he saw her go thru it, and he saw Imran's regret. She doesn't run or fight that way about him. He also saw Nauman run after her and Sajal accuse her of going after Faraz.

I didn't read the conversation between the two of them in beginning to be an argument. I thought he was sympathetic and discussing his fears as a father. Like he doesn't want to live thru that again. When he says things like that, Aina's eyes trail off with regret for her lost child. He sees regret in her eyes and assumes it's him.

His over protection of Tabi is because he watched everyone run after Aina. I think it's misplaced, but that's the storyline.

Aina's lesson learned is one rash action does not constitute another. She is going to fight this with patience. For Tabi's sake, I hope she wins.

JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasmine_anih

Hey Ash,

I feel like we think alike!

I kind of agree in the same direction as you. I think the distance we see between Moshin and Aina is two fold. In Aina's case she lost a child, it wasn't a death. Her child lives with someone else and she misses him, everyday. As much as she lives with this family she carries this emptiness.

That emptiness plays on Moshin's insecurities, I think he loves her and thinks she is innocent, but he doubts she feels as strongly about him. He has seen how she was in love. He watched it, he saw her go thru it, and he saw Imran's regret. She doesn't run or fight that way about him. He also saw Nauman run after her and Sajal accuse her of going after Faraz.

I didn't read the conversation between the two of them in beginning to be an argument. I thought he was sympathetic and discussing his fears as a father. Like he doesn't want to live thru that again. When he says things like that, Aina's eyes trail off with regret for her lost child. He sees regret in her eyes and assumes it's him.

His over protection of Tabi is because he watched everyone run after Aina. I think it's misplaced, but that's the storyline.

Aina's lesson learned is one rash action does not constitute another. She is going to fight this with patience. For Tabi's sake, I hope she wins.

That is a very great analysis, but if this is indeed what the writers' had in mind, their execution has fallen way short. There is just so much you can read into facial expressions. You need words or internal monologues or some clues. Here we have none. So I feel at sea wrt Mohsin's feelings, or Aina's though she is less inscrutable.
jasmine_anih thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ Jnam
Perhaps your right.
I feel like with Aina her thoughts are always trailing back to Maaz. I feel like she is willing to get Rania married to Maaz, regardless of how Rania feels.

Moshin's inner monologue died before the leap, he needs a full on apparition.
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Wow, Ash, you are on fire! Seriously, these insights are great, and they seem like they really could be the missing link!

I said quite a few times in the other thread that I don't think Mohsin was in love with Aina at the time of his confession. He was in the process, just like "Good" Mohsin said--"You could be [in love] if you let yourself." You may be correct that he started taking for her granted which immediately cut off his development because he didn't "earn" Aina back.

And jasmine great addition! I agree, I didn't think MoNa had an argument in the first scene. In fact, despite everyone saying it was negative, I thought Mohsin was actually being a little vulnerable in saying that he's fearful as a father. I think you, like Ash, could be onto something akin to the missing puzzle piece with the facial expressions...but like JNAM said, there's such a thing as being "too subtle". There's a fine line between reading between the lines and grasping at straws. The writers really need to include something like Mohsin talking to Faraz on the phone and relaying his insecurities to him, or something like that. There needs to be some type of insight into what Mohsin is thinking, something more than that he's fearful as a father.

My little sister watches the show with me. We just had a conversation over the phone and the topic of this latest episode came up. I was quick to complain about Mohsin, but she asked me, "Does Aina love Mohsin?" And I didn't have an answer for her. What jasmine said about Aina not ever fully giving herself emotionally to Mohsin (or anyone, really) because of Maaz really could be haunting Mohsin and garnering this reaction from him, but again, we need some type of confirmation of that from the writers. It's like going to a symphony to see the world's best orchestra play without a conductor: nearly every piece is there to make something beautiful except the one piece that can pull it all together.