Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
For anyone who doesn't know the plot of the movie Sabrina, here's a brief recap:
Sabrina is the daughter of a servant of the very rich Larrabee family. The Larrabee family has two sons--Linus (the older, strict one) and David (the younger, playboy character). Sabrina has been in love with David pretty much her entire life, but David doesn't notice her. Sabrina goes to Paris for a while and when she returns, she's this smart, beautiful, cultured woman and suddenly David is all into her. But David's about to marry another woman, and this woman is the heir to a massive business that the Larrabee's need to keep their business thriving. To keep David from ruining his engagement, Linus tries to get Sabrina to fall in love with him instead of David. At first this is awkward for Sabrina because she thinks of Linus as this coldhearted business guy (a LOT like Mohsin and Aina in the earlier episodes), but ultimately, Linus really does fall for Sabrina ;)

Tell me that EmNa wouldn't be perfect in this role!!!
JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

LOL but you want the actor who plays Shehla and Mansoor's son to play the third wheel of a love triangle with EmNa?! Haha, nothing against the actor, but after Hareem Farooq played OKB's mother in DeD and then his love interest in Sanam, I don't think I could handle that!

Sabrina was such a lovely movie. OMG, if Pakistan did a remake of that movie and cast EmNa as the leads--ahh, be still my beating heart!!! Now all night I'll dream of who the third lead should be. Still think Imran Abbas would be a great choice. He and Navin have worked together before. I think Azfar Rehman as the David Larrabee character could be great, too!

Oh man Jnam, now I really want Lollywood to do Sabrina and cast EmNa in it--and the chances of that happening are next to nothing! Nooo...

No please, not as a movie for I will not be able to see it for one. And a movie is too short, for another. No, I want a TV series with a good 20-30 episodes. Imran Abbas would be too serious to pass off as a rake. Afzar Rehman might make a better rake, but we still need to mull over an even better choice.

PS-I totally forgot that he played EmNa's son in that show. Haha!
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Originally posted by: JNam

No please, not as a movie for I will not be able to see it for one. And a movie is too short, for another. No, I want a TV series with a good 20-30 episodes. Imran Abbas would be too serious to pass off as a rake. Afzar Rehman might make a better rake, but we still need to mull over an even better choice.

Alright JNam, you and me, we'll right the script for this drama. We'll make it perfect (and no freakin' leaps except for showing David-Sabrina-Linus [or whatever Pakistani names we give them] as kids and then showing them as adults) and we will email production houses with the script and tell them the script will be given to them for free so long as EmNa and the third lead, yet to be decided upon, are cast.
JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

For anyone who doesn't know the plot of the movie Sabrina, here's a brief recap:

Sabrina is the daughter of a servant of the very rich Larrabee family. The Larrabee family has two sons--Linus (the older, strict one) and David (the younger, playboy character). Sabrina has been in love with David pretty much her entire life, but David doesn't notice her. Sabrina goes to Paris for a while and when she returns, she's this smart, beautiful, cultured woman and suddenly David is all into her. But David's about to marry another woman, and this woman is the heir to a massive business that the Larrabee's need to keep their business thriving. To keep David from ruining his engagement, Linus tries to get Sabrina to fall in love with him instead of David. At first this is awkward for Sabrina because she thinks of Linus as this coldhearted business guy (a LOT like Mohsin and Aina in the earlier episodes), but ultimately, Linus really does fall for Sabrina ;)

Tell me that EmNa wouldn't be perfect in this role!!!

How about the guy who played the younger brother in Dayar E Dil? He's played slightly non-serious roles, hasn't he? Or Osman Khalid Butt? He would be more like a younger brother and there'd be no chemistry, so it would work out really well :-) Or the hero (real hero) of Kankar, the TV show with Sanam Baloch?
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Originally posted by: JNam

How about the guy who played the younger brother in Dayar E Dil? He's played slightly non-serious roles, hasn't he? Or Osman Khalid Butt? He would be more like a younger brother and there'd be no chemistry, so it would work out really well :-) Or the hero (real hero) of Kankar, the TV show with Sanam Baloch?

I actually thought of OKB! He and Emmad were great as friends in Sanam, and they'd make great brothers too :D

LOL I love how the goal is "no chemistry" between Navin and the other lead. Don't worry--nothing can touch EmNa's chemistry.
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I was thisclose to watching bashar momin and i think i tried watching the first episode too but ushna shah ๐Ÿ˜†
is it worth it with her in it too?
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Fobby,
I'm in ๐Ÿคฃ
For either Fawad or Imran
but you better write the script so I know I can expect well๐Ÿ˜†

and omg, I can totally see EmNa in that movie.

Edit: in retrospect

and I say this with all due respect to his capability to his acting, but -at least for me- the fawad craze has died down...with Humsafar and ZGH, He had such a strong momentum as an actor, he got all the way to bollywood. but even that took a while..

He could have continued to act in pakistani dramas meanwhile or simultaneously ...like imraan abbas, granted, IA didn't have momentum Fawad had.

the only thing I've seen fawad in pakistan after ZGH are Lux commercials ๐Ÿ˜†

He put all his eggs in one basket (karan johar) and then the ban happened so now, Idk what his career trajectory looks like

yes he's done good work in the past, but its been a long time so..

I rather see EmNa and Fahad Mustufa or humayun saeed or OKB or even Mohib Mirza ( he is married to Aamina Sheikh)

Both Fahad and Mohib haven't been in dramas in so long
Edited by _Tabs_ - 7 years ago
_Tabs_ thumbnail
regarding KNK.
I'd love love love, if Maaz knew the truth about his parentage before he met Aina.

like ideally, if Sajal was to pass away in America/UK whereever she is

and Fazal and Maaz were coming back to pakistan. I'd hope and think Fazal the prince charming ๐Ÿ˜† would tell Maaz the truth about Aina. especially since he's lost his mother and that would maybe comfort him or for whatever reason. Maybe Fazal thinks maaz is old enough to understand all this. He is younger than Tabi but older than Raania and Asher.

but i really really want Maaz to know about Aina BUT I want Aina to not be aware that maaz knows

what do you think?
JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Tabs_

Fobby,

I'm in ๐Ÿคฃ
For either Fawad or Imran
but you better write the script so I know I can expect well๐Ÿ˜†

and omg, I can totally see EmNa in that movie.

Edit: in retrospect

and I say this with all due respect to his capability to his acting, but -at least for me- the fawad craze has died down...with Humsafar and ZGH, He had such a strong momentum as an actor, he got all the way to bollywood. but even that took a while..

He could have continued to act in pakistani dramas meanwhile or simultaneously ...like imraan abbas, granted, IA didn't have momentum Fawad had.

the only thing I've seen fawad in pakistan after ZGH are Lux commercials ๐Ÿ˜†

He put all his eggs in one basket (karan johar) and then the ban happened so now, Idk what his career trajectory looks like

yes he's done good work in the past, but its been a long time so..

I rather see EmNa and Fahad Mustufa or humayun saeed or OKB or even Mohib Mirza ( he is married to Aamina Sheikh)

Both Fahad and Mohib haven't been in dramas in so long

Yes, Fawd put all his eggs in one basket. To his credit, I thought he was very good in Kappor and Sons, at par with veterans like Ratna Pathak and Rajat Kapoor who played his parents. But I haven't and will not see Khubsurat as I loathe Sonam Kapoor. From what I've heard, it is a middling film. I think contrary to what might appear at the onset, I think Fawad's ill-fortune was to have gotten stuck with Karan Johar who is notorious for imposing his odd choices on his cherished prodigies. Had the ban not happened, he might have gone on to do fluff only, and still not have done much respectable work. Mohib Mirza was pretty good in Sher-E-Zat but I dislike Fahad. He seems full of himself, and these days, ridiculously thin. He was, I concede, well cast in Kankar.
Humayun Saed was great in Dillagi but too old opposite Mahira in Bin Roye, I thought. So, they seem like a mixed bunch to me but then, these days I have gotten hung up on Emmad and Naveen. Haha!
JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Tabs_

I was thisclose to watching bashar momin and i think i tried watching the first episode too but ushna shah ๐Ÿ˜†

is it worth it with her in it too?

If you're on the fence about her or somewhat like her, you might not mind her here. She is playing a docile character and seemed cute to me. If you loathe her already, then I"d say skip it.