Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ishq-Dua thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

Exactly. Imran gets a ton of hate for leaving Aina, but how on earth could the outcome have been different when a guy like Sohail (Imran's dad) was literally going to interviews to block Imran from getting a job? On top of that there was Annie and to a lesser extent, Imran's mother. They were all puppetmasters in the starcrossed story of ImNa. In my honest opinion, the writers wrote Imran's frustration and resentment and helplessness really well. As bad as I felt for Aina, I could never bring myself to hate Imran, even though I was a huge EmNa fan and was rooting for MoNa since episode 1. As you said earlier, everything that happened to ImNa was a byproduct of circumstances that just left no room for an ImNa happy ending.

Honestly almost everyone and everything was against ImNa😆 Their relationship was never going to work for various reasons. Yes his manipulative father had a huge role in ruining ImNa's relationship. I couldn't believe that he actually went to the extent of going to those interviews to stop Imran from getting a job. This man left no stone unturned to basically make it impossible for Imran to survive without him. I hate his father so much. If he can cheat his son by fixing his rishta with Annie and doing all of this, then I'm wondering waht type of business man he is. He probably has done worse with his business rivals 🤢😆
Edited by Ishq-Dua - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You guys, you know what love triangle would be the biggest TRP-maker in the history of Pakistani dramas?

Fawad-Navin-Emmad.

Let that sink in.
Edited by Fobby_FoSho - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
But since Fawad acts as if Pakistan is inferior to India all the time and probably won't do a drama any time soon, I'll settle for:

Imran Abbas-Navin-Emmad.

Let that sink in as well.
JNam thumbnail

You guys, you know what love triangle would be the biggest TRP-maker in the history of Pakistani dramas?

Fawad-Navin-Emmad.

Let that sink in.

I thought Fawad-Navin were a bit lacking in chemistry, to be honest. I think NOor Hassan as the one with unrequited love might be better to me because he worked well as Sara's unsuccessful suitor. How about Bilal Ashraf as the third wheel? Regardless, the main ones should be a slightly uptight Emmad, and a likeable, snarky Naveen. That would be the stuff of my dreams :-)
JNam thumbnail

But since Fawad acts as if Pakistan is inferior to India all the time and probably won't do a drama any time soon, I'll settle for:

Imran Abbas-Navin-Emmad.

Let that sink in as well.

To be honest, they all end up doing that. I mean Sanam Jung (although limited in her acting abilities) or Sanam Baloch or Fahad Mustafa (although I don't really like him esp. off screen). They all seem to think Pakistani TV is somewhat inferior to Pakistani movies, which in turn are inferior to Bwood. I brought this up in an earlier comment. I can understand if you viewed TV and movies differently because of the fundamental differences between the two formats technically and with respect to narrating a story. But the differences these folks seem to see are superficial. Basically, they idealize the life they think big Bwood filmstars have, and they want to re-create that. They only seem to see the trappings of stardom. And their audience (not us, but others) seem to enable this even more; in fact, I'd argue their audience actively wants that of them. That seems their only benchmark of 'real" success, which is such a tired, ridiculous way of looking at what could be such a fascinating profession. I mean stepping into another personality, making it believable- could there be a more fascinating line of work? But no, they care about getting snapped at airports, people stalking them, etc. Mainstream Bwood and Pakistani-wood are really silly that way. I'm sorry about this rant, but it has been brewing inside of me for a while now and is forever looking for an outlet :)
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Originally posted by: JNam

I thought Fawad-Navin were a bit lacking in chemistry, to be honest. I think NOor Hassan as the one with unrequited love might be better to me because he worked well as Sara's unsuccessful suitor. How about Bilal Ashraf as the third wheel? Regardless, the main ones should be a slightly uptight Emmad, and a likeable, snarky Naveen. That would be the stuff of my dreams :-)

I said Fawad because he'll bring in a lot of TRPs. But I agree, Noor Hassan and Navin have a wonderful dynamic. I've never seen Bilal Ashraf, I think, so can't comment on him.
JNam thumbnail

I said Fawad because he'll bring in a lot of TRPs. But I agree, Noor Hassan and Navin have a wonderful dynamic. I've never seen Bilal Ashraf, I think, so can't comment on him.

Wait!!!!!!! Nooo. I googled Bilal Ashraf and he is NOT the Dumpukht guy. I meant the guy who was the lead in the Nouman Ijaz show that recently wrapped up called Dumpukht-Atish-E-Ishq. I think his first name is Bilal. I do not know his last name. A poster just recommended his show with Sami Khan and Armeena. I'm sorry I totally forgot the screen name of the poster, and the actor's name as well. This Bilal is also in Saya-E-Dewar as the good son of Snehla and Mansoor. He's pretty good acting wise and quite handsome in the conventional sense. He could be the brash younger brother to Emad's uptight older brother, and Naveen could be the likeable, snarky secretary or something, and both could fall for her like in Sabrina (the movie) :-D

PS-Just Found it-it is Bilal Abbas. That is the one I have been calling Bilal Ashraf. Sorry but too many Bilals. Apparently another young actor is called Bilal (last name is qureshi or something) :-)

Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

To be honest, they all end up doing that. I mean Sanam Jung (although limited in her acting abilities) or Sanam Baloch or Fahad Mustafa (although I don't really like him esp. off screen). They all seem to think Pakistani TV is somewhat inferior to Pakistani movies, which in turn are inferior to Bwood. I brought this up in an earlier comment. I can understand if you viewed TV and movies differently because of the fundamental differences between the two formats technically and with respect to narrating a story. But the differences these folks seem to see are superficial. Basically, they idealize the life they think big Bwood filmstars have, and they want to re-create that. They only seem to see the trappings of stardom. And their audience (not us, but others) seem to enable this even more; in fact, I'd argue their audience actively wants that of them. That seems their only benchmark of 'real" success, which is such a tired, ridiculous way of looking at what could be such a fascinating profession. I mean stepping into another personality, making it believable- could there be a more fascinating line of work? But no, they care about getting snapped at airports, people stalking them, etc. Mainstream Bwood and Pakistani-wood are really silly that way. I'm sorry about this rant, but it has been brewing inside of me for a while now and is forever looking for an outlet :)

I completely agree!

It is so much harder to make a 26 episode drama serial than it is to make a movie, and it's an objective fact that dramas in Pakistan bring you more fame than movies. The same can't be said for other industries like Bollywood and Hollywood though where nearly every A-list actor is a movie, not a TV, star.

It's a catch-22, you know. Pakistan is trying to make movies, and we have such a thriving drama industry (mA) that it makes sense that the top stars from the dramas are either recruited to movies or actively seek movies for themselves. After all, if we want Lollywood to succeed like Pakistani dramas have, shouldn't we take the talent from Pakistani TV and just put it into movies? It seems like a logical choice.

If I remember your previous post about this topic correctly, you mentioned that with all the talent moving from TV to movies, it leaves both mediums in a weird place: TV is losing its best talent, so dramas start to suffer. Meanwhile, even with the best stars and production teams, Lollywood is just now getting on its feet, so the movies are still not the caliber we want them to be.

On the other hand, it's perfectly natural for the stars to want to advance their careers as far as possible. We all want that from our careers, so I never fault the stars for wanting to work in Bollywood. It is simply true that Bollywood has better everything than Pakistan when it comes to movies, and our actors shouldn't be stopped from wanting the best for their careers.

But despite all that, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Remember the country that made you a household name. Mahira has worked with the very best of Bollywood but has never once appeared offput by Lollywood or Pakistan. Fawad, on the other hand, seems like he's gritting his teeth whenever he talks about Pakistani projects.
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Wait!!!!!!! Nooo. I googled Bilal Ashraf and he is NOT the Dumpukht guy. I meant the guy who was the lead in the Nouman Ijaz show that recently wrapped up called Dumpukht-Atish-E-Ishq. I think his first name is Bilal. I do not know his last name. A poster just recommended his show with Sami Khan and Armeena. I'm sorry I totally forgot the screen name of the poster, and the actor's name as well. This Bilal is also in Saya-E-Dewar as the good son of Snehla and Mansoor. He's pretty good acting wise and quite handsome in the conventional sense. He could be the brash younger brother to Emad's uptight older brother, and Naveen could be the likeable, snarky secretary or something, and both could fall for her like in Sabrina (the movie) :-D

PS-Just Found it-it is Bilal Abbas. That is the one I have been calling Bilal Ashraf. Sorry but too many Bilals. Apparently another young actor is called Bilal (last name is qureshi or something) :-)

LOL but you want the actor who plays Shehla and Mansoor's son to play the third wheel of a love triangle with EmNa?! Haha, nothing against the actor, but after Hareem Farooq played OKB's mother in DeD and then his love interest in Sanam, I don't think I could handle that!

Sabrina was such a lovely movie. OMG, if Pakistan did a remake of that movie and cast EmNa as the leads--ahh, be still my beating heart!!! Now all night I'll dream of who the third lead should be. Still think Imran Abbas would be a great choice. He and Navin have worked together before. I think Azfar Rehman as the David Larrabee character could be great, too!

Oh man Jnam, now I really want Lollywood to do Sabrina and cast EmNa in it--and the chances of that happening are next to nothing! Nooo...
JNam thumbnail

I completely agree!

It is so much harder to make a 26 episode drama serial than it is to make a movie, and it's an objective fact that dramas in Pakistan bring you more fame than movies. The same can't be said for other industries like Bollywood and Hollywood though where nearly every A-list actor is a movie, not a TV, star.

It's a catch-22, you know. Pakistan is trying to make movies, and we have such a thriving drama industry (mA) that it makes sense that the top stars from the dramas are either recruited to movies or actively seek movies for themselves. After all, if we want Lollywood to succeed like Pakistani dramas have, shouldn't we take the talent from Pakistani TV and just put it into movies? It seems like a logical choice.

If I remember your previous post about this topic correctly, you mentioned that with all the talent moving from TV to movies, it leaves both mediums in a weird place: TV is losing its best talent, so dramas start to suffer. Meanwhile, even with the best stars and production teams, Lollywood is just now getting on its feet, so the movies are still not the caliber we want them to be.

On the other hand, it's perfectly natural for the stars to want to advance their careers as far as possible. We all want that from our careers, so I never fault the stars for wanting to work in Bollywood. It is simply true that Bollywood has better everything than Pakistan when it comes to movies, and our actors shouldn't be stopped from wanting the best for their careers.

But despite all that, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Remember the country that made you a household name. Mahira has worked with the very best of Bollywood but has never once appeared offput by Lollywood or Pakistan. Fawad, on the other hand, seems like he's gritting his teeth whenever he talks about Pakistani projects.

I agree but in general, I have started to not be convinced that movies are an advancement, or the only type of advancement be it in Hwood or Pakistani or other movie industry. In India, TV is in bad shape. There is a lot of money to be made but not much investment in writing talent, infrastructure etc. So even the biggest TV stars, while making a lot, work insane hours and in very shabby studios. So in that case, I can understand why they TV stars in such a work environment would want to switch if possible. Movies, after all, are shot in better environments, you are taken care of better, and you get to commit only a fixed amount of time to the project. In India TV, there are many instances of lead stars of TRP-raking shows not having had a proper day off for almost 2-3 years because the shows are shot continuously, and telecast nearly every day of the week including on cultural festivals etc. Your TV performers get to only give at most 6-months to a show, and the shooting conditions are pretty great. So, in that regard, TV is as practically comfortable as their movies (even renumeration wise). So unless you are using the medium of film for a reason that is related to technicalities or story telling, I don't get this difference the Pak TV stars see bw TV and films. In Hwood, in the past, TV was low budget and therefore, inferior. But since shows like Breaking Bad and others where the budget of a single episode is enough to fund a small-movie, these differences are starting to disappear. TV and Movies are no longer separate. You have Oscar winners doing TV shows, and TV performers doing big movies. It all seems to be about casting the right people now. This is where I think one should be headed. And in Pakistan, I really do not think there is any reason to see movies are the superior medium whereas in India it is for reasons I stated earlier including, and most importantly, the dismal working conditions of the stars.