Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
RD - thanks for the pic! Loved that scene between MoNa - their facial expressions and chemistry was absolutely brilliant! It's speak in a volume of its own. The way he looked at her and her reaction toward it 😳 okay am off to MoNa's dreamland now πŸ˜†
Ishq-Dua thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

FQ USHNAH had CHEMISTRY which saved the show to a huge extent

But bulands love for RUDABA cudnt shine as Sami had zero CHEMISTRY with ushnah ...buland was showing hopelessly in love with her n Sami tried his best to emote but they just didn't click

FQ and Ushna's chemistry played a major role in people loving the show. I don't know but for me BM will always be one of my favorite shows and I don't think there will ever be a show like it. I agree that BM was also one complex character and at first I used to think there really is no redemption for him, and he might end up dying at the end. But when his childhood was brought into light, the viewer was able to see why BM was the way he was and sympathize with him. The rape scene was a total put off and after that scene I kinda of thought it's impossible for them to end up together as a couple. But I actually think someone like BM would do something like that and think its' OK. I mean even normal guys that don't have a troubled past like BM think it's OK to be physical with their wife because it's their haq. I can't explain how I totally hate this type of thinking and it disgusts me, but in our society/culture unfortunately many think this way.

Abby I think you already know that I don't like Sami Khan. The first time I saw him was actually in BM and I just couldn't digest this manπŸ˜†
I don't know I just can't seem to see him as a male lead or enjoy his acting. (Hides behind the sofa; don't kill me)
I will be watching rasm e duniya only for the other cute guy (Bilal) and for the plot.

Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

I didn't like the actor playing maaz from the bts pics

Wish they cast some1 better

Really? I think he looks like the perfect mix of Aina and Imran! I know Pakistani casting directors don't really look at things like looks of the parents when casting kids, but this was a pretty good decision, appearance-wise.
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Ishq-Dua

In regarding to your post about Imran: for me it's wasn't the choice that he made that bothered me the most. My problem with Imran lies in the manner he gave Ayna divorce. He never once talked things over with her before giving the divorce. He didn't even check up on her after giving the divorce. More importantly he could have demand his father to ensure that Ayna was financially secured before giving the talaaq. His father would been obliged to act upon it after all it was him who desired Imran to grant that divorce. Had Imran done that, only then I would have been convinced that he did truly love her in selfless manner to some extent. Which he didn't. I believe that he did love Ayna but not enough. She was his wife at that time and he didn't give her the respect and status that was expected from him to her. How can Ayna forget that? Knowing that she wasn't enough for him...she may understand where he was coming from but could never forgive him for giving her a talaaq in the manner he did. I don't think she could ever go back to him and she shouldn't either. But that just my POV 😊
Edited by CharmGal - 7 years ago
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Fobby and Abby how do you guys know about the casting of Maaz? πŸ€”
Edited by CharmGal - 7 years ago
JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: CharmGal

Ishq-Dua

In regarding to your post about Imran: for me it's wasn't the choice that he made that bothered me the most. My problem with Imran lies in the manner he gave Ayna divorce. He never once talked things over with her before giving the divorce. He didn't even check up on her after giving the divorce. More importantly he could have demand his father to ensure that Ayna was financially secured before giving the talaaq. His father would been obliged to act upon it after all it was him who desired Imran to grant that divorce. Had Imran done that, only then I would have been convinced that he did truly love her in selfless manner to some extent. Which he didn't. I believe that he did love Ayna but not enough. She was his wife at that time and he didn't give her the respect and status that was expected from him to her. How can Ayna forget that? Knowing that she wasn't enough for him...she may understand where he was coming from but could never forgive him for giving her a talaaq in the manner he did. I don't think she could ever go back to him and she shouldn't either. But that just my POV 😊

I think Imran was completely blindsided by his father's scheming. I mean he could not believe that his dad would like to him and end up going to Ainee's place to perform the engagement ceremony. Same for Ainee and his mother. So basically for the first time, Imran found out about his parents' and cousin's deceitful nature. For a guy living a sheltered, blissful life I can imagine how unhinged he must have gotten in the first few moments. I think once he had sufficiently recovered, he did hatch a plan to get back at his father and Ainee. I am glad he didn't give any false hopes to Aina, actually, as that helped her get over him very quickly. Else, she'd been conflicted about him and could not have given her marriage with Mohsin her all. So, whether he did it intentionally or otherwise, I am glad he set Aina truly free. She now feels nothing for IMran except loathing, likely more at her own self for having been foolish enough for fall for a man like Imran.
To me, Imran's trajectory, and fall from grace are very believable and very inextricably tied to his parents' and Ainee's machinations. He is also a victim, in addition to being one of the architect's of Aina's misery.
And yes, Navin has done well for herself in choosing unique roles as has Emad. I think Nouman Ijaz might be better than someone like FQ in his commitment to doing something different, and Sania Saeed and Samiya Mumtaz. These actors seems to work less (does that hold for Nouman Ijaz as well? Not entirely sure.) and work in relatively well defined, unique roles, and more importantly, like someone mentioned, they bother to do a lot of work in creating an interior life for the character, and making it stand out instead of just going through the motions and relying on the writing alone. So, yes, the contribution of an actor can be immense if he chooses to invest in the process, which these so called "stars" don't seem to want to do once their fame seems cemented unlike a handful, including the ones I've mentioned here. I hope Navin and Emad continue to work hard on creating unique, complex, and enthralling characters regardless of the show's fate.
I think the trappings of fame must be immense, as a result of which many performers (who may be well-intentioned at the onset) get swayed to the point that they do not really care to create novel characters and immerse themselves in the process of acting anymore. I see that with movie stars a lot, esp in this part of the world where a Shah Rukh Khan, inspite of being a trained theatre actor, goes through the same motions again and again. I mean this is one of the richest men with all resources to do something unique, something that an Amir Khan (I am a fan of neither nor of mainstream Bwood) goes to do much more than his contemporaries (albeit to mixed results, in my opinion). It is sad but I have made my peace with it :-) So I try to find newer performers to support. Bilal Ashraf is one I have my sights on and huge hopes for after his debut in Dumpukht.
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Fobby and Abby how do you guys know about the casting of Maaz? πŸ€”

Hina Altaf's latest picture of the cast is tagged "Raeed Alam". I looked him up and he's an up-and-coming young actor.
Ishq-Dua thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Ishq-Dua

I agree with you the way he divorced Ayna by signing on that paper and never actually explaining himself to her wasn't right. But I think Imran just couldn't face her because he didn't know what to tell her. No matter what he was going to say he was going to look like the coward who gave up and left her.
He was ashamed and angry at himself for not being a man of his word and not being the husband that Ayna wanted. He even thought that he wasn't worthy of her love because he accepted defeat and basically gave up on them.
As for him asking his father to ensure that Ayna was financially secured after divorce. Imran knows Ayna very well. He knows that Ayna wanted nothing but his love and support. She was going to feel insulted if Imran 's father had given her anything to support herself with financially. Many times she pointed it out to Imran that she had no interest in his family's wealth,. Remember the time when Imran gets upset during his stay at his friend's apartment and he angrily tells Ayna that his father took everything from him and he's left with nothing now. Ayna gets mad and tells him she doesn't care and never cared about his family's wealth. She only wanted his love and his support as her husband.
Now if Imran knew about Ayna being pregnant I think he would have reacted differently. I think he would have tried to ensure that his son would get financial support because that was the least he can do as a father and even Ayna couldn't have really denied him that right.
The problem here is Imran was very dependent on his father's wealth. He didn't reallyy have to work for anything in his life, because everything was always there for him. If Imran wasn't as dependable on his father, things would have played out differently.

Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
I wonder what the status of Imran and Annie's marriage is...I think I was right in that that scene we had of her putting on her sunglasses and walking out of the office building was the last we'd see of her in this show.
I wonder if when Imran comes back, he'll mention if he's still married to Annie or if they ultimately divorced. I mean, I'm sure it'll be mentioned...but I wonder if Annie continued that loveless marriage.
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ishq-Dua

I agree with you the way he divorced Ayna by signing on that paper and never actually explaining himself to her wasn't right. But I think Imran just couldn't face her because he didn't know what to tell her. No matter what he was going to say he was going to look like the coward who gave up and left her.
He was ashamed and angry at himself for not being a man of his word and not being the husband that Ayna wanted. He even thought that he wasn't worthy of her love because he accepted defeat and basically gave up on them.
As for him asking his father to ensure that Ayna was financially secured after divorce. Imran knows Ayna very well. He knows that Ayna wanted nothing but his love and support. She was going to feel insulted if Imran 's father had given her anything to support herself with financially. Many times she pointed it out to Imran that she had no interest in his family's wealth,. Remember the time when Imran gets upset during his stay at his friend's apartment and he angrily tells Ayna that his father took everything from him and he's left with nothing now. Ayna gets mad and tells him she doesn't care and never cared about his family's wealth. She only wanted his love and his support as her husband.
Now if Imran knew about Ayna being pregnant I think he would have reacted differently. I think he would have tried to ensure that his son would get financial support because that was the least he can do as a father and even Ayna couldn't have really denied him that right.
The problem here is Imran was very dependent on his father's wealth. He didn't reallyy have to work for anything in his life, because everything was always there for him. If Imran wasn't as dependable on his father, things would have played out differently.

Exactly. Imran gets a ton of hate for leaving Aina, but how on earth could the outcome have been different when a guy like Sohail (Imran's dad) was literally going to interviews to block Imran from getting a job? On top of that there was Annie and to a lesser extent, Imran's mother. They were all puppetmasters in the starcrossed story of ImNa. In my honest opinion, the writers wrote Imran's frustration and resentment and helplessness really well. As bad as I felt for Aina, I could never bring myself to hate Imran, even though I was a huge EmNa fan and was rooting for MoNa since episode 1. As you said earlier, everything that happened to ImNa was a byproduct of circumstances that just left no room for an ImNa happy ending.