ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 7 years ago
Bashar Momin wud jv been so much better if some1 else played RUDABA
God I HATE ushnah Shah for life
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I know yar.. many people disliked that show.. it is normal. Bashar Momin for me was 50 50.. half of the things I hated so much but the other half were pretty good.. and that left a good impression for the show overall in my eyes..
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
@TABS...DONE I WILL LET U KNOW
@ISHQ DUA...THE official rahat jabeen account is the one with pink roses do

@ASH...i was a bit low from mid 2015 to mid 2016 coz no good shows were coming except a few

But From mid 2016 pak drama industry is back with a BANG with almost all channels coming up with new different shows worth watching...worth sending feedback to n worth promoting

I m all charged up like the old times now
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
FQ USHNAH had CHEMISTRY which saved the show to a huge extent
But bulands love for RUDABA cudnt shine as Sami had zero CHEMISTRY with ushnah ...buland was showing hopelessly in love with her n Sami tried his best to emote but they just didn't click
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

I watched Bashar Momin and I hated Bashar Momin for multiple reasons. This is my opinion, but Sami's character of Bulund was truly not much different than his regular characters.

Sami acts well; he simply doesn't choose good scripts or different ranges.

Me too. I liked bits and piece of Basher Momin, and definitely Ushna and Basher's dynamic, but I could never really understand his motivations (until he spelled them out in the penultimate episode or so), and the marital rape and physical violence was a complete no-no for me. No romantic hero in a romantic story can be made to do that, in my opinion, for me to watch that show. I mean Mohsin is an asshole quite a few times, but he has never been physically violent or raped or tortured anyone. He is just cruel in a believable and acceptable way, as good but flawed people can be. Also, I could not forgive Basher's sister, and did not think that Buland, for all his flaws, deserved a partner like her. I think people can raise kids in this day and age (esp. in America, where there is virtually no social opprobrium in the sort of social sphere Buland would inhabit) without being forced to stay married. And all the back-bending Rudaba had to do to make Basher believe her love for him was unwarranted. Ruddaba simply deserved someone better, kinda like in the show Mere Meherbaan where Aiza Khan gets a brand-new, shiny and deserving prince at the end and her awful cousin-cum-former-fiance is made to regret and live the consequences of his decisions. That is how BM should have turned, in my opinion, to be satisfying.
As for Ushna Shah, I did like her opposite FQ. But otherwise, I am no longer interested in either Ushna or FQ. I am into Naveen and Emmad for now like everyone in this thread :-)
As for same type of acting that Sami is accused of, I find this charge would hold against someone like FQ as well (although I know he is nearly worshiped by his audience). He has a stat number of characters and ways of playing them, and after having watched them all, I feel like he's going through the motions and these days merely resting on past laurels. Sorry for the harsh words to FQ fans! But hey, regardless of my other preferences, at least I am on the same page as everyone else on this thread wrt Emmad-Navin :-) How's that for an olive branch :D
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

What I want at this point is for Mohsin to find out the truth about Maaz--how that happens, don't really care. Right when Mohsin is about to blow up at Aina, or perhaps he really does blow up at Aina, I want Imran to return after finding out about Maaz too. I want Imran to offer Aina to come with him so that they can live as a family with Maaz--and either Aina accepts the offer this time (because Mohsin is furious with her and she believes he'll never forgive her) or Aina is seriously considering the offer and Mohsin finds out and becomes fearful about losing Aina. That'swhen I want some big, convincing gesture to come from Mohsin that he cannot lose her and he needs to beg Aina for forgiveness. Aina should tell Mohsin to prove it, and he willneed to prove it. Imran will realize that even if they have a son together, Aina needs Mohsin and Mohsin needs Aina and Imran cannot come between them.

Although the Maaz situation is tricky. I mean Aina needs to apologize to Mohsin, too, for this secret. He'll be mad, but I think justifiably so. Knowing Mohsin, though, he'll say something to her that's so cruel she'll be compelled to leave, or perhaps he'll make her leave himself. That's when Faraz should literally punch some sense into Mohsin about throwing away the best thing that's ever happened to him, and maybe then Mohsin will finally realize the severity of his words and actions to Aina *again, since this happened before the leap, too, but I guess we have to pretend like it didn't*.

I don't know how the logistics of what I just typed out will work, but this is the best I can come up with for how to redeem Mohsin and reconcile the Imran/Maaz stories.

Wonderful take on a possible plot - I liked it Fobby. Imran could be the catalyst here for MoNa to reach to a breaking point and eventually are ready to reform their marriage. I want Imran to return and Maaz's truth to be reveal asp because I felt it is one possibility to redeem MoNa's marriage and character developments. It would be great if the writers do go down that path...
Edited by CharmGal - 7 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
I didn't like the actor playing maaz from the bts pics
Wish they cast some1 better
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JNam

Me too. I liked bits and piece of Basher Momin, and definitely Ushna and Basher's dynamic, but I could never really understand his motivations (until he spelled them out in the penultimate episode or so), and the marital rape and physical violence was a complete no-no for me. No romantic hero in a romantic story can be made to do that, in my opinion, for me to watch that show. I mean Mohsin is an asshole quite a few times, but he has never been physically violent or raped or tortured anyone. He is just cruel in a believable and acceptable way, as good but flawed people can be. Also, I could not forgive Basher's sister, and did not think that Buland, for all his flaws, deserved a partner like her. I think people can raise kids in this day and age (esp. in America, where there is virtually no social opprobrium in the sort of social sphere Buland would inhabit) without being forced to stay married. And all the back-bending Rudaba had to do to make Basher believe her love for him was unwarranted. Ruddaba simply deserved someone better, kinda like in the show Mere Meherbaan where Aiza Khan gets a brand-new, shiny and deserving prince at the end and her awful cousin-cum-former-fiance is made to regret and live the consequences of his decisions. That is how BM should have turned, in my opinion, to be satisfying.
As for Ushna Shah, I did like her opposite FQ. But otherwise, I am no longer interested in either Ushna or FQ. I am into Naveen and Emmad for now like everyone in this thread :-) [/quote]

The marital rape scene and the scene where Bashar killed his own kid and watched it happen were disgusting. This is where Pakistan really needs to look to Hollywood and even Bollywood since there is a plethora of amazing, gangster and mob shows that have flawed leads, but nothing as despicable as Bashar was.

[quote]As for same type of acting that Sami is accused of, I find this charge would hold against someone like FQ as well (although I know he is nearly worshiped by his audience). He has a stat number of characters and ways of playing them, and after having watched them all, I feel like he's going through the motions and these days merely resting on past laurels. Sorry for the harsh words to FQ fans! But hey, regardless of my other preferences, at least I am on the same page as everyone else on this thread wrt Emmad-Navin :-) How's that for an olive branch :D

I'm giving Sami a lot of flak for choosing the same characters, but the same can definitely be said about FQ, Eijaz Aslam, Ahsan Khan especially (Ahsan gets somewhat of a pass for playing the villain in Udaari and a somewhat different villager role in Preet Na Kariyo Koi, but this could largely apply to him, too), Mikaal Zulfiqar to a certain extent, etc.

Actresses aren't immune to this, either. Ayeza is right up there with Sami in choosing repetitive roles. Her choices have recently gotten better, but she's played the same character several times. Iqra Aziz, too--Muqaddas had a unique story, but Muqaddas herself was a very typical character, or at least turned into one. Sarah Khan and Neelam Muneer--OMG, while I think they're very talented, they choose the exact same characters!

Emmad plays Mohsin so well, and I cannot imagine any other actor in this role, but I think the appeal of the character Mohsin itself is that it is a different type of male lead. You don't have this carefree, young, chirpy guy in Mohsin, but you don't have that human filth Bashar, either. You have a realistically flawed guy, and as much as he angers us, we can all imagine someone in our life like Mohsin. Mohsin's characterization, to me, is just like out of an American TV show. I wish his development had more continuity, but there's no denying he is a unique character and there aren't many like him in Pakistani media.

To be fair, Pakistan tends to write the same types of stories with the same types of characters over and over again, and our actors/actresses have frequently said that they want more variety of scripts in Pakistan. However, I distinctly remember a Saba Qamar interview where she said that actors in Pakistan don't get into characters with their roles; they don't do any research. They just walk onto a set and play every character like they'd play any other character.

Since this is the Kuch na Kaho thread, gotta give credit to Emmad and Navin here. Navin can never be accused of doing the same types of roles--her first role ever, her most popular role, was a straight up villain, probably the most popular and notorious villain Pakistan ever had. Emmad has played many different characters from his role in Ranjish hi Sahi to Shehroze to Maalik Mansoor and Mohsin, and several others. Navin brings a new life to every character she plays. For example, she had a limited role as Uroosa in Alvida, but Uroosa, in her brief time on the show, was such a different character than anyone she's played before or after. Even though Shehla and Aina share some similarities, Navin knows how to intonate and just overall get into a different character for each of them, so that if you randomly turn on your TV one day and see Navin, you'd know exactly which show you were watching. Same with Mansoor and Mohsin--Emmad plays both of these strict characters so differently, there's almost no comparison! EmNa's chemistry is through the roof, but one's acting ability needs to be up to par, too. Their chemistry definitely helps, but they're also getting a ton of feedback on how they can act so well through all the different phases of Mona's relationship. Think of every part of the MoNa relationship we've seen and think of how, even if we didn't enjoy the writing for some of the parts, EmNa played each and every part brilliantly. How many others can do that?
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

😳

The ab aap kya soch rahi hain bit to keep me going till next week 😆
Edited by -RD- - 7 years ago
Ishq-Dua thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Absolutely loved your character pieces! I especially loved the Imran one. In so many of these dramas, characters like Imran and their love for the "poor girl" seem very shallow, but the writers fleshed out Imran very well. You could tell he loved Aina and yes he left her, but there was a giant scheme orchestrated for him to do so. That's why I'm not opposed to an ImNa ending--though MoNa is the OTP of OTPs-- because you could tell he always cared for her, and going by his last conversation with Aina, he always will.

I think a lot of people think of Imran as the bad and coward guy who left the girl that loved him and trusted him. (I'm going to be honest and say I thought the same at the beginning)
But that's because they don't see that Imran was stuck between his love for Ayna and his family abandoning him and having to struggle to survive and give a respectable life to Ayna and their future kids. It's not like Imran didn't try. He actually did go out looking for a job at different places and he tried to endure being hungry and lonesome, but then he just couldn't take it anymore. We all have certain limits where we can't take it anymore and think that's it and we start to give up because we don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.
Many times love is not enough to face all the difficulties in life. There love for each other will not fill their stomach with food nor will it save them from getting kicked out from their home when they can't pay rent. That's why I feel circumstances is what didn't allow ImNa to end up together.

To be honest my love for MoNa cannot allow me to see them separate from each other, but yeah I totally agree that Imran has always loved Ayna and circumstances played a big role in their separation.
Edited by Ishq-Dua - 7 years ago