Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: JNam

Hmm. I thought he said the doctor had given her an injection to make her sleep for a few hours. I might be wrong.

I guess in my mind, right from the beginning, a slightly different storyline was unfolding where Aina and Mohsin had this playful/combative dynamic, which they never thought meant much. I guess your plot twist bit makes sense; I never saw it that way. I always saw the show as guiding Aina and Mohsin, who were meant to be, towards each other. I thought in the events leading up to the rain scene, that was what Mohsin was unconsciously doing. He was following his instinct which always led him to confront or interact with Aina.

I guess I misunderstood. But I am a biased viewer; I can't imagine Mohsin not feeling tug towards AIna even prior to his marriage :-)

The doctor did say that! But he probably told Mohsin to take his wife to her bed before injecting her with a drug to have her fall asleep. So I actually went to and graduated medical college (ya I'm a doctor, and a journalist, long story). I would never give an unconscious patient who apparently wasn't eating much a sleeping injection, but I don't know how they practice medicine in Pakistan. Either way, Aina falling asleep was just a plot device to trigger memories in Mohsin, like that lovely flashback to their earlier days...

Which leads me to your next point: Why can't it be both that the writers were trying to do a plot twist but at the same time foreshadow the imminent MoNa union with little bits of MoNa scenes like him seeking her out all the time? That flashback with Mohsin talking to Aina's mother is the perfect example of how they did always egg each other on, not necessarily romantically, but they just couldn't leave each other alone. These things were often hinted at in dialogs, too, like how Sajjal told Aina in the first episode that Aina was always the leader when it came to "burai" of Mohsin. Also, when Mohsin asked Aina why she was willing to marry him when Aina used to tell Nadia that it's better to commit suicide than marry Mohsin it was just more proof that the MoNa bond wasn't just Mohsin-->Aina; there was a fair bit of Aina-->Mohsin too. For a man she wasn't married to, she had a lot to say about him! After Nadia's death, Mohsin, probably more on a subconscious level than anything else, had the moral barriers of not going after a woman he wasn't married to taken off of him (Mohsin is a lot of things, but he's not unfaithful or a creep). He could finally return, or perhaps resume (resume meaning continue where he and Aina's bond left off before his marriage to Nadia), this pull Aina had been sending his way.
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
On a slightly different note than what we've been discussing, it's so refreshing to see Navin's instagram filled with KnK-related pics. When the show first aired, she barely mentioned it. She was probably under the impression, like most of us, that it was a smaller-budget production and was busier promoting SEDBN and her film. Now Kuch na Kaho is literally almost all she ever posts about, and a great deal of her posts involve Mohsin/Aina or Emmad/Navin in some way, shape or form. I think the positive feedback we sent her way regarding MoNa and EmNa and her overall stellar performance in this drama really impacted her, and it's so wonderful to see that because she really deserves so much more credit than she gets.

Also, the fact that now both Emmad and Navin actually individually respond to and thank fans, post selfies together, post videos together, etc., makes me wonder if there really is another EmNa project in the works already. If there wasn't, I can't imagine them playing into the EmNa hype this much. At this point they know how popular their pairing has become. They must've had some type of discussion with a production house or at the very least with each other on how they should work more together. Otherwise we would never have gotten their thank you video or a selfie.
Edited by Fobby_FoSho - 7 years ago
JNam thumbnail
The doctor did say that! But he probably told Mohsin to take his wife to her bed before injecting her with a drug to have her fall asleep. So I actually went to and graduated medical college (ya I'm a doctor, and a journalist, long story). I would never give an unconscious patient who apparently wasn't eating much a sleeping injection, but I don't know how they practice medicine in Pakistan. Either way, Aina falling asleep was just a plot device to trigger memories in Mohsin, like that lovely flashback to their earlier days...

Which leads me to your next point: Why can't it be both that the writers were trying to do a plot twist but at the same time foreshadow the imminent MoNa union with little bits of MoNa scenes like him seeking her out all the time? That flashback with Mohsin talking to Aina's mother is the perfect example of how they did always egg each other on, not necessarily romantically, but they just couldn't leave each other alone. These things were often hinted at in dialogs, too, like how Sajjal told Aina in the first episode that Aina was always the leader when it came to "burai" of Mohsin. Also, when Mohsin asked Aina why she was willing to marry him when Aina used to tell Nadia that it's better to commit suicide than marry Mohsin it was just more proof that the MoNa bond wasn't just Mohsin-->Aina; there was a fair bit of Aina-->Mohsin too. For a man she wasn't married to, she had a lot to say about him! After Nadia's death, Mohsin, probably more on a subconscious level than anything else, had the moral barriers of not going after a woman he wasn't married to taken off of him (Mohsin is a lot of things, but he's not unfaithful or a creep). He could finally return, or perhaps resume (resume meaning continue where he and Aina's bond left off before his marriage to Nadia), this pull Aina had been sending his way.

Wow! I didn't know about your training in medicine. Did you then quit and go to journalism school or did you end up getting hired to cover medical stories right out of med school? I am thinking of journalism but have a doctorate in neuroscience. So am wondering if I should go to journalism or writing school before trying to find a job along those lines.

BTW that is a great analysis. I should have you sit with me and then watch the show!
yes, you are right; Mohsin is loyal and part of his problem with being unable to understand moral transgressions is that he would never ever overstep his moral boundaries be they wrt his partner, or business or whatever. I know someone like that; she can never over-step moral boundaries but she can be cruel when she feels slighted regardless of whether it was intended or not. So, she can never understand the situations where good people can make missteps, even grave ones. Mohsin is like that. I recall Faraz having to tell him explicitly that just because Aina made a grave mistake, it doesn't follow that she will always be wrong or that she isn't basically a nice person.

Also, I think Mohsin could never understand the sway and craziness of that first flush of love that Aina felt, which Faraz I think could understand. Or why her love now would not have the same carefree ebullience as her first flush with romance.
In that way, I think Faraz and Aina might be more similar, while Sajal might take after Mohsin in these regards though she is admittedly less cruel but equally judgemental.

And yes, the sub-conscious tug was also from Aina's side; she did, in the flashback scene, egg him on :-)

Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
I am only 25 years old! I went to medical college straight out of high school and got my MBBS here in 'straya. I did one year of internship and one year of residency, however the hospital I was working at was shut down due to funding purposes. This was about two years ago. My job options were quite limited for the area I lived in as there weren't many hospitals that were hiring around me, especially not a young doctor who had her training cut short. My program offered me a residency spot at a hospital, but unfortunately that hospital was literally across the country, and I was not that interested in being so far from my family.

I had always had a passion for journalism and had taken journalism classes and wrote movie and TV reviews during what I previously called "uni" but was actually medical school. I would take them for fun and as a stress relief, and I had a knack for it. Therefore, after the hospital shut down, one of my friends who worked for a TV company knew of a position for a medical column writer for the newspaper I currently work at. I originally started writing that column to make some money while I looked for a way to continue residency in a hospital in the area, however, because I needed to pay the bills and writing one column/week wasn't cutting it, I asked for more assignments outside the breadth of medicine. I was given a few political pieces to write, did them well, and that's where I am now.
Edited by Fobby_FoSho - 7 years ago
JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

I am only 25 years old! I went to medical college straight out of high school and got my MBBS here in 'straya. I did one year of internship and one year of residency, however the hospital I was working at was shut down due to funding purposes. This was about two years ago. My job options were quite limited for the area I lived in as there weren't many hospitals that were hiring around me, especially not a young doctor who had her training cut short. My program offered me a residency spot at a hospital, but unfortunately that hospital was literally across the country, and I was not that interested in being so far from my family.

I had always had a passion for journalism and had taken journalism classes and wrote movie and TV reviews during what I previously called "uni" but was actually medical school. I would take them for fun and as a stress relief, and I had a knack for it. Therefore, after the hospital shut down, one of my friends who worked for a TV company knew of a position for a medical column writer for the newspaper I currently work at. I originally started writing that column to make some money while I looked for a way to continue residency in a hospital in the area, however, because I needed to pay the bills and writing one column/week wasn't cutting it, I asked for more assignments outside the breadth of medicine. I was given a few political pieces to write, did them well, and that's where I am now.

Nice!
You re a child :)
Btw if Navin ever reads this, please no bangs. I think amside parting looks best on her,and no more duck lips if she is indeed succumbing to the trend. She looks great in sideswept hair.
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
In regards to this thread reaching what 19 pages now... the last thread was filled with our angst and hurt complaints about the leap. and we were deeply passionate πŸ˜†
And I'm glad to see that discussions are still happening because most shows after a while/ half way point people stop watching or get bored and the thread sort of dies with a half- hearted posts
JNam thumbnail
While watching the first few episodes i noticed that when confronted about her love for FAraz, Sajal tells Aina that she would never rebel like she did. Patience and forbearance would be the road she'd choose if she couldn' t have Faraz. I feel Aina in her present state is following that advice in dealing with her problems with Mohsin and the kids.
Also, in the early episodes, Sajal is stunning and so sweet. I really don't want her to die as i like her though she turned nasty in later episodes, and I don't want Faraz to go through that pain. He alongwith Aina are my absolute favourites on this show.
Also the idea of her mother being so hurt that she may have cursed her own daughter was first mentioned to Aina by Sajal, and i can understand why Aina is being gentle while solving Tabi's peoblems. She doesnt want Tabi to do something rash, and forever feel that her father's blessings eluded her. Great continuity in writing!
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

I'm still of the belief that they built MoNa up perfectly...for the casual viewer, Aina and Mohsin's marriage was supposed to be a "plot twist" (sounds silly given the montage and the promos being all EmNa/MoNa, but I'm pretty positive that was the vibe the writers were going for). I've rewatched all the episodes in the past couple of weeks, and the storyline honestly just didn't leave room for the playful dynamic. The first episode ends with Mohsin finding out about ImNa--no amount of cutting out Faraz/Mohsin or Sajjal/Aina would've left room for playful MoNa scenes after that discovery.

As for why he sought out Aina after she "fell from grace"...well, that was pretty in-character for him, no? He was a grieving man, and as we've discussed, when Mohsin is hurt he lashes out. He was remorseful for his treatment of Nadia, and instead of mending fences and ensuring he never made people feel unloved again, he became defensive. Aina was an easy victim for him: he wasn't going after Faraz, his own brother. He had no right to go after Sajjal. But Aina...Aina was a wrongdoer in his mind. He could almost justify being mean to her because he knew she had made mistakes. They were also setting up for the rain scene. The rain scene was a great Mohsin and Aina scene, but it wasn't a MoNa scene, if that makes sense. Aina needed to let her frustrations out, and she reminded Mohsin during that scene that he didn't let her ever be near his children. Aina needed that release, and Mohsin needed to hear how badly his actions were hurting her. After that scene, Aina stood up for herself a great deal more and Mohsin stopped being opposed to Aina checking in on Nafeesa and Tabi.

LOL at the drugged to sleep in his bed line...to be fair, Aina had fainted. Mohsin originally carried her to the sofa in the drawing room, but either the doctor or Zubaida Khala probably instructed him to take Aina to her bed. The doctor and khala were definitely under the impression that this married couple slept in the same bed--I mean why would't they think that? So of course Aina had was sleeping there. Mohsin had to keep up appearances yo!

@bold: same. πŸ˜†

After her mother died and everybody turned against her. Aina craved acceptance. She wanted to be told she belongs and is part of something, which is why she wanted to marry Mohsin: she'd get his name/protection and her sister/brother-in-law's relationship would be more amicable. She's still doing this...she's keeping silent so Mohsin accepts their relationship. Her last lines pre-leap eluded to it..."He's like a sun in the desert and then still and cooling like the clouds too. but to keep in the relationship, I have to accept it". or something like that.πŸ˜•

Which is why I'd be okay if she lived with her kids in the second-best scenario...the kids would accept and understand her.

@bold Red:

However, I don't think I would have enjoyed the show or it would have kept my interest the same if we didn't have those side characters and tracks.

Yes, we can argue that cutting down those scenes/tracks would allow more MoNa but if the writers/ creative wanted they could have totally extended MoNa scenes as well. and then led into the leap.

We have pakistani shows ( names I won't mention) to stretch on and on like 60+ episodes and get boring. But this show is already going to be 30-45 episodes, so what were another 2-3 focused on MoNa's pre-marital and post-marital relationship ya know?

So I don't think the removal of those tracks was going to make a difference on how MoNa would develop. if anything, we wouldn't have gotten those tracks plus no additional MoNa.

On a side note, I'm 100% sure somebody already mentioned it but we got a bit spoiled. I mean 2-3 episodes pre-leap where held up on MoNa alone, we got to see so much one to one scenes between them. Where else in pakistani dramas have we seen that? Not at all. Most of the time, leads have limited scenes together.

Edited by _Tabs_ - 7 years ago
JNam thumbnail
I dont understand why leads in Pak shows get limited screen time. In Indian shows, it is the exact opposite because the lead pair is seen as the backbone of the show, and I can see why. Maybe storytelling in these shows can move a bit witth the times to be even more engaging.
Ishq-Dua thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Ok I finally got caught up on all the episodes of this spectacular drama.
Abby yaar I can't thank you enough for recommending it to me. πŸ€—
This show is a like an outclass! Be it the story, characters, actors, and dialogues. Everything about it is mind-blowing!
I honestly was not a fan of Naveen Waqar since Humsafar days, but she has really amazed me with her performance here, and convinced me that she's one marvelous actress who is very underrated and needs to get recognized for her great acting skills.
I haven't watched anything for Emaad Irfani but he has won me over! I'm his FAN from now.He seriously is one brilliant actor and a hot one too ☺️lol

What I loved most about this show how every episode was like a surprise. You couldn't really guess/predict what's going to happen next.
Like Ayna secretly getting married to Imran. It was totally unexpected for me and all the drama and problems that happened after it.
I love how each character is written in depth and you can really see how the writers have taken their time in writing those characters beautifully and thoughtfully before creating the show. I applaud themπŸ‘

What can I say about MoNa omg they define INTENSE CHEMISTRY!
They literally turn the screen on fire with their scenes. They don't have to be saying romantic dialogues or anything like that. In fact they can stay mum the whole time but as long as they are sharing screen space together, you can feel and notice the spark of their chemistry!
Like everybody else, I'm also shocked and disappointed with the leap. I was really looking forward to see how MoNa's story was going to progress further and how they will be leading their life from now onward, but unfortunately the writers came up with this leap. I'm not against the leap to be honest, but I feel it was too early. They could have progressed MoNa's story first before showing us the kids all grown up.
BTW Mohsin is one difficult and complex character. He's very hard to understand. He thinks something else and says/does something else. But I think those monologues that he had made it easier for the viewers to understand him and know what exactly he wants. Even though Mohsin himself is confused about what is it exactly that he wants lol.
There were some days were I was really pissed off at him for being so rude and mean to Ayna without a reason, but at times I could see why he was behaving the way he was. Be it his inability to trust Ayna bc he knew her heart had already belonged to someone else (Imran) or bc she always challenges him and argues with him unlike his wife Nadia, who used to quietly agree to everything he says without questioning him. This is why I feel Mohsin's bond with Ayna is something else. He discovered things about himself that he wasn't very much aware of and he began to see that he's NOT always right. He started to see things from another point of view.
Mohsin's character was slowly progressing in a good way but when the leap took place, it's as if everything before the leap was a dream. Mohsin is back to his same thinking and ego problem. It's even worse now bc his own daughters are getting affected by his decisions. I really feel for his daughters and I actually feel for the character of Mohsin who was really starting to see things differently and was slowly progressing through his relationship with Ayna.
I so so dislike this leap and wish it didn't happen now. It would have been so different.
One more thing is before the leap when Mohsin takes Ayna back to their house, it looked like they were going to live like a normal couple now and Mohsin asked for forgiveness from her and he realized his mistake, but then when the leap took place it didn't look like much changed in MoNa's relationship. I know that they are more closer now and Mohsin now actually listens to Ayna and lets her speak her point of view, even though at the end whatever Mohsin wants is usually what happens. But it's making me wonder how their life was like until the kids grew up. They actually do sleep in the same room now, but is that about it? Did they ever have moments where Mohsin spoke about his work/life problems while Ayna is listening to him like any loving wife would and telling him that it's going to be OK. Or moments where Mohsin is acknowledging/showing how much he's grateful to her for what she's doing for his kids. Moments where both are finding peace and strength in one another. Moments where we can see both accepting each other with their flaws and perfections. God there was so much scenes that could have added so much to their story. It's so disappointing that they had to take this leap right now.

I'm not liking the way Mohsin is forcing his decisions on his daughters. This is why I feel the leap is back to showing that Mohsin hasn't changed that much.

I won't comment on the other characters and the other things in the show bc that would take up so many pages lol I don't have the time nor do I think anyone has the time to read it. But I must say that I read all the reviews of all the members here and omg you all do an amazing job in explaining every little scene in the show. I really enjoyed reading every single review here after getting caught up on the show. It felt like I was watching the episodes all over again! 😳