Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Thing is if the makers have planned to do 30-40 episodes then I fail to comprehend why they are determine to rush to the post leap track 😕
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
The writers better have good reasons in directing their show to the post leap era but at the moment I see none
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CharmGal

Thing is if the makers have planned to do 30-40 episodes then I fail to comprehend why they are determine to rush to the post leap track 😕

I mean they now only have nine episodes to get through the Alia/Afaaq tract, the Maaz and Imran tract and in general tie up loose ends like will Mohsin ever change? What will happen to Sajjal (it seems like she's gonna die, and they'll have to deal with Aina going through that)? What will the children do when they find out about Nadia? I can understand them picking up the pace now.
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Fobby while we have agreed in many things but the ending is where we differ 😆

My main and ideal ending would be MoNa living together happily (which am sure you want this too)

But if any reason that can't happen, then I wouldn't mind Ayna living with her sons (Asher and Maaz) or children in general. Since they matters to her the most.

I will not forgive the writers if they kill her off or make her end up with Imran

Think we will have to agree to disagree in regarding to Imran 😆
_Sapphire_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

I mean they now only have nine episodes to get through the Alia/Afaaq tract, the Maaz and Imran tract and in general tie up loose ends like will Mohsin ever change? What will happen to Sajjal (it seems like she's gonna die, and they'll have to deal with Aina going through that)? What will the children do when they find out about Nadia? I can understand them picking up the pace now.

Let hope they will pick up the pace and complete the tracks that you have highlighted above
JNam thumbnail

My main and ideal ending would be MoNa living together happily (which am sure you want this too)

But if any reason that can't happen, then I wouldn't mind Ayna living with her sons (Asher and Maaz) or children in general. Since they matters to her the most.

I will not forgive the writers if they kill her off or make her end up with Imran

I have to agree with Fobby on this. I want her with an improved, likeable Mohsin, or a better, repentant Imran, but not alone or just with the kids because the kids are almost grown up with lives of their own, and Aina has spent her all in just keeping home and hearth. She should not have to return to an empty nest now if there is no likeable, romantic partner for her to share her twilight years with, in my opinion.

I think they wasted time on the initial bits, example, they could have sped up the misunderstandings between Faraz and Mohsin, Nadia's death, Aina-Sajal discord, the whole Aina accident and Nouman bits. At the end, these added very little to the overall story. They could have used the time instead to build Aina-Mohsin's pre-marital and post-marital relationship before the fast forwarding. I would have liked a bit more of the Aina-Mohsin playful dynamic in the initial episodes. It felt a bit stingy to just have the one scene in the car (make-up one), and then the one scene that Mohsin recalls while Aina lies drugged to sleep in his bed. And they never explained or showed more of why Mohsin actively sought Aina out to humiliate her after her fall from grace, and their move to his home. It would have made more sense to me if they had more scenes of their playful-and-ocasionally combative dynamic before Aina's fall from grace and khala's death.
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Probably, it's just that I am fed up with development going nowhere. Mohsin was shown developing feelings for Aina, yet the post-leap scenes and dialogs hint that he barely changed his behaviour towards her. I mean there was *some* change but not enough.

At the very least we have Imran who spent the past two decades regretting what he did to Aina, and he showed sorrow for it. Yeah he was a coward, and he left Aina, but it's not like Mohsin has never made mistakes, either.

It's as you said, Charm...the leap ruined a lot of things that can't be changed now. I think the writers did it because the novel included a leap, but the writers should've had enough foresight not to put the leap where they did. Right now the viewers are left with a sense of missing links...we try to find reasons and sense in all these situations...we still don't know if Aina was even content these past few years. Everything before the leap showed she should have been, but a ton of scenes after the leap indicate that her life was nothing but sacrifices and compromises.

Still, despite all of the bad stuff post-leap, I absolutely loved the first 28 episodes of this drama, and I'm not going to lie--there is a feeling of sadness in seeing that they may in fact be done filming. No matter what happens from here on out, it's going to be hard to say goodbye to these characters and drama :)
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Agreed Fobby the leap have ruined everything...Am still hoping that eventually MoNa will have their happy ending as due to the pre-leap development, they are my favourite characters so want more than anything is for them to quickly patch up their differences leading to them acknowledge their love for each other

It is in my POV:
Even though it's doesn't seem obvious but for Moshin - Ayna is the love of his life - just need him to realise and accept this without fighting with himself on this

Ayna was falling for him in the pre-leap

So I want this couple to finally have their happy ending

Don't know if am making any sense or not 😆
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Originally posted by: JNam

I have to agree with Fobby on this. I want her with an improved, likeable Mohsin, or a better, repentant Imran, but not alone or just with the kids because the kids are almost grown up with lives of their own, and Aina has spent her all in just keeping home and hearth. She should not have to return to an empty nest now if there is no likeable, romantic partner for her to share her twilight years with, in my opinion. [/quote]

Exactly. Aina has devoted too much of her life to others only to be left without a life partner at the end of the road. I love MoNa. They're my top choice always, but I'll take her with Imran if it means not having to watch Aina be left alone.

[quote]I think they wasted time on the initial bits, example, they could have sped up the misunderstandings between Faraz and Mohsin, Nadia's death, Aina-Sajal discord, the whole Aina accident and Nouman bits. At the end, these added very little to the overall story. They could have used the time instead to build Aina-Mohsin's pre-marital and post-marital relationship before the fast forwarding. I would have liked a bit more of the Aina-Mohsin playful dynamic in the initial episodes. It felt a bit stingy to just have the one scene in the car (make-up one), and then the one scene that Mohsin recalls while Aina lies drugged to sleep in his bed. And they never explained or showed more of why Mohsin actively sought Aina out to humiliate her after her fall from grace, and their move to his home. It would have made more sense to me if they had more scenes of their playful-and-ocasionally combative dynamic before Aina's fall from grace and khala's death.

I'm still of the belief that they built MoNa up perfectly...for the casual viewer, Aina and Mohsin's marriage was supposed to be a "plot twist" (sounds silly given the montage and the promos being all EmNa/MoNa, but I'm pretty positive that was the vibe the writers were going for). I've rewatched all the episodes in the past couple of weeks, and the storyline honestly just didn't leave room for the playful dynamic. The first episode ends with Mohsin finding out about ImNa--no amount of cutting out Faraz/Mohsin or Sajjal/Aina would've left room for playful MoNa scenes after that discovery.

As for why he sought out Aina after she "fell from grace"...well, that was pretty in-character for him, no? He was a grieving man, and as we've discussed, when Mohsin is hurt he lashes out. He was remorseful for his treatment of Nadia, and instead of mending fences and ensuring he never made people feel unloved again, he became defensive. Aina was an easy victim for him: he wasn't going after Faraz, his own brother. He had no right to go after Sajjal. But Aina...Aina was a wrongdoer in his mind. He could almost justify being mean to her because he knew she had made mistakes. They were also setting up for the rain scene. The rain scene was a great Mohsin and Aina scene, but it wasn't a MoNa scene, if that makes sense. Aina needed to let her frustrations out, and she reminded Mohsin during that scene that he didn't let her ever be near his children. Aina needed that release, and Mohsin needed to hear how badly his actions were hurting her. After that scene, Aina stood up for herself a great deal more and Mohsin stopped being opposed to Aina checking in on Nafeesa and Tabi.

LOL at the drugged to sleep in his bed line...to be fair, Aina had fainted. Mohsin originally carried her to the sofa in the drawing room, but either the doctor or Zubaida Khala probably instructed him to take Aina to her bed. The doctor and khala were definitely under the impression that this married couple slept in the same bed--I mean why would't they think that? So of course Aina had was sleeping there. Mohsin had to keep up appearances yo!
JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

I'm still of the belief that they built MoNa up perfectly...for the casual viewer, Aina and Mohsin's marriage was supposed to be a "plot twist" (sounds silly given the montage and the promos being all EmNa/MoNa, but I'm pretty positive that was the vibe the writers were going for). I've rewatched all the episodes in the past couple of weeks, and the storyline honestly just didn't leave room for the playful dynamic. The first episode ends with Mohsin finding out about ImNa--no amount of cutting out Faraz/Mohsin or Sajjal/Aina would've left room for playful MoNa scenes after that discovery.

As for why he sought out Aina after she "fell from grace"...well, that was pretty in-character for him, no? He was a grieving man, and as we've discussed, when Mohsin is hurt he lashes out. He was remorseful for his treatment of Nadia, and instead of mending fences and ensuring he never made people feel unloved again, he became defensive. Aina was an easy victim for him: he wasn't going after Faraz, his own brother. He had no right to go after Sajjal. But Aina...Aina was a wrongdoer in his mind. He could almost justify being mean to her because he knew she had made mistakes. They were also setting up for the rain scene. The rain scene was a great Mohsin and Aina scene, but it wasn't a MoNa scene, if that makes sense. Aina needed to let her frustrations out, and she reminded Mohsin during that scene that he didn't let her ever be near his children. Aina needed that release, and Mohsin needed to hear how badly his actions were hurting her. After that scene, Aina stood up for herself a great deal more and Mohsin stopped being opposed to Aina checking in on Nafeesa and Tabi.

LOL at the drugged to sleep in his bed line...to be fair, Aina had fainted. Mohsin originally carried her to the sofa in the drawing room, but either the doctor or Zubaida Khala probably instructed him to take Aina to her bed. The doctor and khala were definitely under the impression that this married couple slept in the same bed--I mean why would't they think that? So of course Aina had was sleeping there. Mohsin had to keep up appearances yo!

Hmm. I thought he said the doctor had given her an injection to make her sleep for a few hours. I might be wrong.

I guess in my mind, right from the beginning, a slightly different storyline was unfolding where Aina and Mohsin had this playful/combative dynamic, which they never thought meant much. I guess your plot twist bit makes sense; I never saw it that way. I always saw the show as guiding Aina and Mohsin, who were meant to be, towards each other. I thought in the events leading up to the rain scene, that was what Mohsin was unconsciously doing. He was following his instinct which always led him to confront or interact with Aina.

I guess I misunderstood. But I am a biased viewer; I can't imagine Mohsin not feeling tug towards AIna even prior to his marriage :-)