Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Agree Tabi's comments about MoNa's married life is quite irritating and bewildering for the viewers including myself!
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I was watching a few episodes of Humsafar, and for a slight, cliched story, its writing is pretty good. I mean Sara's character has so much to her, and the way her desire slowly spirals out of control was so very etched out. And Navin was so believable in it as the spoilt woman humiliated by her desire for her cousin. I recall being saddened and appalled when she kept yelling to her mom something along the lines of, "She has what is mine". That obsession in her being was so palpable and poignant, and one could sense how it would push away even an interested suitor in alarm, let alone a disinterested object of affection like Asher. To think that was her first show! And in this show, her character could not be more likeable, and she is so subtle when needed. For example, I was thinking of the pre-wedding scene with Mohsin when she was happily washing the dishes, looking forward to having an evening with her toddler, and when Moshin made a snide remark about her being "haraam", the slight raising of the brow was all that was needed to convey her spirit and annoyance, and that was so well done! I think she is more "natural" than Emaad; Emaad's effort shows at time and his voice modulation can be a bit shaky in some scenes (case in point, the half-apology scene). But I am glad both appear to be getting their due now, esp. Naveen. I had heard rumours about how the judgements and flak around her personal life post-humsafar had over-shadowed her performance in that series and she had a bit of an uphill struggle getting substantial parts. I always wondered why she too didn't make it big like Marhira and Fawad. But I am glad she has finally started getting her due, and i hope she sticks around and does well-wrriten parts on TV, esp. opposite Emmad. Bravo to her!
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Want to say thank you to everyone who gave their reviews in either today or yesterday's ep - please keep this up, really enjoyed reading them all 😊
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
The storyline they're going for is starting to come to fruition now: for multiple devious reasons, Alia has her eyes set on Tabi as a daughter-in-law. She knows her son is no good, but she needs this marriage to happen. If Mohsin was a regular guy and listened to his wife and children's feelings, this rishta wouldn't be a problem. However, this is a drama after all, and Mohsin needed to agree to this rishta at all costs because this engagement is a requirement of their devious!Alia and creepy!Afaaq storyline. This is why Mohsin was turned into a pseudovillain. I won't call him a villain because he really does believe he is ethically correct yet he's being played by his nephew and manipulated by his sis. The fact that he can be so easily manipulated by his sister and her son gives me hope, because that actually shows a more human, vulnerable side of him. If he were truly being made irredeemable, he wouldn't be so easily fooled. A redemption track is probably coming, and I hope it involves Mohsin punching Afaaq 😆

All that aside, now that we have a good idea on why Mohsin is so dark these days...there's no need to fret over why he's behaving this way with his daughter. The storyline needed a stubborn character, and obviously Mohsin is the logical choice. Denying Tabi entry to university was just a part of this grayification of Mohsin to make the choice to get Tabi married easier. So, before you complain about Mohsin's behaviour, take a step back and look at the picture they're painting.

The part that boggles me, though, is Tabi's constant lines on how miserable Aina has been. What gives me a little hope there is that Aina has told Tabi multiple times now that Tabi is wrong, or at the very least she has seem surprised that Tabi said these things. This could be interpreted two ways: 1) Either Aina knows Tabi is right and that she and Mohsin have had a very difficult, depressing life or 2) Tabi doesn't know the real reason that Aina cries. Maybe Aina cries in secret because of Maaz, and her life with Mohsin hasn't been that bad. I hope that's the reason, I really, truly do, but I think it's more of 1) which is just really infuriating. Can someone explain what the logic behind all that MoNa development is (even if Mohsin's development isn't complete, you do not develop feelings for someone like Mohsin did for Aina and then apologize to her for treating her like crap and then continue to treat her like crap) if Aina was bound to a spend a life of misery?
Edited by Fobby_FoSho - 7 years ago
JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

It was probably the best post-leap episode so far. I agree with whoever (I think it was nilu?) said that it was an interesting episode. I actually couldn't take my eyes off the screen!

The MoNa dialogues were, to be expected, great. As others have mentioned, her line that he wasn't in the process of thinking--he had already made up his mind was adorable. His "aap" after she said he always shuns her was just perfect. Why couldn't this be our post-leap MoNa 24/7? You see moments like these and then you have...

...Tabi saying things like "Aini spent her entire life secretly crying." Like, what? It's just so frustrating when we saw Mohsin fall for Aina to hear that Aina spent her life crying because of Mohsin. I wish the writers would stop having Tabi say these lines. It was one thing if Tabi meant when she was little and Mohsin would yell at Aina, but it's another to say Aina spent her entire life crying. I'm sorry I cannot get over this. It's like two different people wrote the MoNa scenes and Tabi's lines. And what's worse is that Aina tried to tell Tabi that she spent a good life with Mohsin, but it was obvious she was trying to convince herself as much as she was trying to convince Tabi, which is just infuriating.

Well, Tabi doesn't know the tears were likely for Maaz, and Tabi doesn't realize that Aina appreciates Mohsin, and being timid and patient around him is her most efficient way of getting through to him. They know nothing of Aina's past misery. If they did, in vivid detail, they would understand how much Aina loves and appreciates Mohsin and her life with him. So we can't blame her. We need more romance between Mohsin and Aina, and maybe that would have shut up Tabi :-) And these are young kids; to them, being patient or quiet is likely not the way to go. They would have preferred Aina to be as loud and combative as Mohsin, without realizing how hellish such a household would have been. Aina's patience is pivotal to keeping the peace in their otherwise restive household. But it would take the wisdom of an older person who has seen more of life and its vicissitudes to know that, and Tabi is too young and sheltered for that.
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Fobby

Your constant defence toward Moshin's character is just 😆. We know Moshin isn't a bad or negative character as it is accepted and acknowledged that the writers do need a grey catalyst to create and continue with the drama. So if we do vent out our frustrations about Moshin, this doesn't mean we are against him or misunderstood him. 😊
Edited by CharmGal - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Originally posted by: JNam

Well, Tabi doesn't know the tears were likely for Maaz, and Tabi doesn't realize that Aina appreciates Mohsin, and being timid and patient around him is her most efficient way of getting through to him. They know nothing of Aina's past misery. If they did, in vivid detail, they would understand how much Aina loves and appreciates Mohsin and her life with him. So we can't blame her. We need more romance between Mohsin and Aina, and maybe that would have shut up Tabi :-) And these are young kids; to them, being patient or quiet is likely not the way to go. They would have preferred Aina to be as loud and combative as Mohsin, without realizing how hellish such a household would have been. Aina's patience is pivotal to keeping the peace in their otherwise restive household. But it would take the wisdom of an older person who has seen more of life and its vicissitudes to know that, and Tabi is too young and sheltered for that.

I hope you're right. I just mentioned in the post above yours that I hope the reason for the tears is Maaz. It would be great if, after the truth about Maaz comes out, Aina and Tabi talk about why that was her reason for crying all the time and Aina reaffirms that while Mohsin is strict, MoNa's life together was not that bad.
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Originally posted by: CharmGal

Fobby

Your constant defence toward Moshin's character is just 😆. We know Moshin isn't a bad or negative character as it is accepted and acknowledged that the writers do need a grey catalyst to create and continue with the drama. So if we do vent out our frustrations about Moshin, this doesn't mean we are against him or misunderstood him. 😊

Oh man sorry Charm! I didn't mean to come off as really condescending about venting about Mohsin's character! I was really, really frustrated with him yesterday, so I completely understand the need to vent. But I also don't want to perpetuate too much negativity either, you know? Maybe I'm not making much sense.
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
MoNa scenes were better today compared to the last two post leap eps since we have finally got an insight in regarding to their relationship.
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Don't worry Fobby, I do understand now that you have explained 😊