Kuch Na Kaho Discussion Thread #2 - Naveen Waqar, Emaad Irfani

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
I won't be able to watch it until later tonight booo.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

THE WRITERS BETTER KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
On the first pg can some1 plz post the link of the EMNA or MONA vms available in yt
The way tabs posted the epi vids last thread

Also post few EMNA pics from Insta
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Finished watching today's episode. No lies, I went to watch today's episode in slow motion with zero hopes literally cuz after last week's episode there was nothing to look forward to.. for me. But, to my surprise, I found today's episode quite good and it had the whole close-to-reality thing just like before I used to say it for the show. I could feel everyone's emotions. ( I am going to review the epi for everyone except Mohsin cuz he needs a serious separate review )

The good part is that we got two MoNa scenes that were casual. No romance I repeat as it can't be the case at the moment but normal scenes between a couple discussing their family, kids to be precise. His whole worry session was quite understandable but just for 2 secs. Then in the whole epi at no point he was reasonable. Kher, there is such a contrast between Ayna and Mohsin's mentality. She is so open-minded despite being younger than Mohsin.

The whole Tabi matter is so saddening. Like the father actually needs a reality check but these kind of fathers actually do exist sadly. I felt bad everytime they talked about admission and her studies. When Ani asks Faraz to talk to Mohsin we could so see how Faraz was Ayna's last hope.. but he also 'ditched' her. (Faraz looked funny though in this look 😆 now only Sajal is left to be seen in glasses ). I personally feel he could have manaoed him.. he convinced Mohsin to marry Ayna than this could also happen.. but then it is all about intentions.. at that time MoNa Nikah was important for Sajal Faraz too.. now why would they care about what's happening in their life and that of their kids :| Yeah.. that's life.

Tabi and Raania's scenes I loved. That garden scene was so good. I felt like Tabi's character is a bit like Sajal's before marriage and Raania is more like Ayna before marriage and all troubles. And Raania is such a bright character. Hina Altaf has good screen presence. Plus, I liked how she tries to make the ambiance cool if it's tensed.. but she also is very aware of all the issues going on in her family.

Phupho is good.. thank God. It was so good to see them all together. That scene where she shows Raania gifts was super cute I was smiling throughout the scene and when Raania goes to Tabi in order to show her all gifts and makeup and tabi is like you will not be able to wear this makeup ever 😆

Afaaq is grey-ish.. his character has layers and I can feel it.. it will be interesting to see how they unfold them. I firstly thought he was a flirt.. with Raania for example but he actually tries to joke around with her and irritates her like a bro would do.

Ayna's naraazgi over Mohsin asking for Afaaq's rishta was good. She actually spoke up but in vain.. Mohsin is so ughhh.. but it was good to see finally that they share the same room .. Ya Allah shukar 😆.

Maaz being their damad ... hmmm.. that Ayna Maaz angle always touches my heart.. well lets see how it goes.

That's all for today I guess
Edited by -RisingAsh- - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CharmGal

It's a shame about parents can't continuing being the stars after the leap, as in this case, it is the story of the parents/couple that audience are mainly interested in since this was part of the original plot development. Am not liking the way the writers have developed and positioned the post-leap MoNa. My hope lies in two aspects:

1) Moshin's repentance better start fast and asp as there is a limit that we can take from the makers intending to make him the temporarily villain when originally he was never like that
2) want Maaz/Imran track to start asp as this will or should inevitably bring back the original focus which is MoNa! Hopefully the writers will be able to redeem this show and MoNa's characterisation otherwise all is lost

I agree it is a shame about the parents. I really don't know what HUM's obsession with leaps is. It's why I didn't want the leap in the first place--I'm not ageist! I don't mind an older MoNa if they continued to be the stars, however, in every single drama I've seen with a leap, the parents start taking second stage to the kids. This drama was going to be no different. They even hired relatively popular actors to play the kids--so of course they were going to use the kids a lot. Still a shame, though.

If neither Mohsin nor Aina show any signs of helping Tabi out a little in the next episode, I don't know what I'll do. I keep praying that the writers have a grand scheme, but my faith is dwindling quickly.

I mean, they show "softer" sides of Mohsin, too. He knows when Tabi is worried. He praises Aina. It's not like he's this stereotypical, mustache-twirling, cartoon villain. He has a reason for what he's doing. He honestly believes this is the best thing for them. But, this stubbornness coming from the writers who meticulously wrote such great character development just leaves you exasperated while you think, "Where is this coming from?!"

_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Great review Abby 😊

Also I don't know whether anyone pick this up or not as it there as a fleeting moment - when the Phupho mentioned that Raina takes after Nadia - while Ayna look stunned, Raina on the other hand replied who is Nadia hinting that she didn't know anything about her real mother which MoNa obviously kept their kids in dark...but did Raina assumed that Ayna is her real mother? Despite calling her Aani? Slightly confused about that part...
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Fobby - (referring to the meme you posted). He obviously isn't a negative character. He is simply a man who is stubborn in his ways but the regressive writing after so much character development is off putting. The only way this will work is if the writer's have a twist up there sleeve for why Mohsin, after so many years devolved into his Nadia days,.
Edited by canuck-umz - 7 years ago
-RisingAsh- thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Emaad need to put on weight asap before he signs the next show

The recent triangular face n sunken cheeks is such a turn off

Ufff

I sooo agree.. I felt it today :/
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Exactly Fobby - agreed with everything - this is why I am feeling quite frustrated with the way the writers have used Moshin in the last two post leap eps - hopefully tomorrow will be better, but honestly it does seem unlikely...
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
I guess they all call her Ani cuz Tabi calls her that .. since she is the eldest, the younger ones copied her like kids usually do.

This is the most simple reasoning I can come up with 😆