Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
IMO everyone got their fair share even Shireen.
She suffered by saving Durkhane.

In the whole show two things were disappointing,
Misleading montage and Educated jahel Aurang.
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

Agree. Also what about Palwasha and Aurang knowing that Shameem killed Torah who killed Gauhar and Safiullah? Will Shameem be punished?😲

Yes three women with Torah's son...
Pawaisha died by failing in the washroom.
Aurang ran back to Shireen, but hates Torah's son as Torah killed his brothers,
Hence another love hate relation like Daazi and Torah and so on the revenge cycle goes on..
shimmer786 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Loved this drama but I swear I'm going to re watch the scene after gulalai's death where Daaji was hitting Aurang with her chappal 😆
At the time I was upset but after everything he did it's keeping me satisfied 😆
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neel_M

IMO everyone got their fair share even Shireen.

She suffered by saving Durkhane.

In the whole show two things were disappointing,
Misleading montage and Educated jahel Aurang.

I felt the same. I watched the show till Shireen's husband was murdered. Thereafter, i read reviews to know where the story was headed but the end was so, so misleading. If they wanted to convey the fact that Shireen's fantasies were nothing more than a figment of her imagination, they should have done it better. Also, even if she wasnt meant to be with her crush Aurang, why did her life have to be so abjectly miserable? What is with Pakistani tv shows wanting female characters to suffer unending misery for no real reason? I find this so freaking annoying. At least in Humsafar, Khirad's miseries were relatively brief and all was sorted out, and her husband was truly blindsided, and not really evil. Here it was so misleading. Even the mother's character doesnt end on an empowering note. Her dialogue about being nothing more than a slave was so loathsome. I mean, really? I am sorry but I find this show far, far more overrated than Humsafar, which is often mentioned as the most overrated show in recent times.
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

GOD, SUCH PERFECTION ❤️ (so perfect that I'm actually posting on the forum 😆)

I don't know why but I liked the ending. I saw my ship Aurang-Shireen ship sinking long back and then it had struck me, Sang e Marmar was never a love story. It's a very character driven show that focused more on Daaji, Torah and Shamim. The ending was so overwhelming and it left a very strong message behind - interest destroys generations. You can't expect Daaji to not pay for his usury practices. His sons killed, his daughter widowed - this was enough of a punishment for him. Most importantly, his truth came out in front of everyone. The "gairat/honour" label he had carried for long was nothing but a facade and everyone eventually found out about his actions. Daaji's usury practices had an effect not only on him but each person related to him. Happy ending with something like Shireen teaching in a school and Aurang coming back was so unlikely. The drama meant to show how the cycle of revenge continues. There's always one person left to continue this cycle further down the lane. And as Shamim said "Gulistan Khan, tumne pehli einth hi tedhi rakhi. Nahin rakhni chahiye thi." He practically built his moral code and family values when he was the one at fault since the beginning. The foundation was built on murder and racism and he expected to have happy little family. Nah, poetic justice doesn't work this way! Torah and Daaji were both wrong and two wrongs do not make a right. People died in the process of their mistakes and revenge.

But I agree Aurang was meant to be sensible and educated cuz "sheher ka parha hua". I had such high expectations from him but all went down the drain. Apart from my fangirl heart wanting to see him with Shireen, I expected him to connect the dots and somehow find out Torah's reality. But he turned out to be an absolute parha likha jahil. Last week I was all ready to smack my face into the wall when he didn't stop Bano. It was so insensitive of him to not do anything. Him and Palwasha suck pretty much, I really hope they died in a car accident on their way to shehar 😆

Shamim's last duz duz duz won my heart! Sania Saeed and Nouman Ijaz were my favourite throughout the show. There were times when I sympathised with Daaji despite knowing about his actions. Such brilliant work! I mean Sang e Marmar is one such show where I was more into the story and characters rather than going heart eyes for a couple. I don't even have regrets about not seeing Shireen and Aurang together because I had initially signed up for Torah's revenge, Daaji's so-called honour and Shamim's struggle through the times when her family was literally breaking apart. Poetic justice was its best in the drama and I'm so glad I watched the last episode yesterday instead studying for my exam.

I agree but i found the show short on execution. Since Torah was the one we were supposed to empathize with, he needed better characterization, more redeemable qualities, and more charisma. Here he was loathsome through and through. Had he been shown to be nice to at least Shireen who was the most unsullied character on the show, I would have liked it. BUt to have such a likable character played by such a charming actress, Kubra, treated so hatefully by Torah was a bad viewing experience. Torah needed to show kindness and some love towards Shireen to be redeemed in my eyes. He just came across as a psycho. I theoretically understoood his misery but never empathized with his plight. Bad casting, i think. One needed a charming, flawed rake cast opposite Kubra to really eke the emotions out of an audience like myself. While the actor playing Torah was remarkably talented, he didn't have the screen presence, or he was presented in a very dull manner. He needed to be presented like SRK in Baazigar who was vile but one empathized with him. I have been scratching my head to think who could have been good here but haven't figured this one out, yet. And just too much unjustified misery reaped on the hapless women, in my opinion.
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

@Jnam. Your views about the show are different and interesting. But what I find it special about this show is that it a slight of life show. we don't have a hero, every character has shades of grey, this is why I relate to it. I find them like real ppl in real life.
Simz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Little tora 🤣 wouldnt mind seeing a season 2 😆
awida thumbnail

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: Simz786

Little tora 🤣 wouldnt mind seeing a season 2 😆

I think we have to ask the writer and the channel for season 2. 😃
I didnt understand Banos sudden change of heart in the last episode?
it looked forced
awida thumbnail

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

I didnt understand Banos sudden change of heart in the last episode?

it looked forced

Every body feel the same. also Shireen agreeing to marry Torah , although she knew that will upset Bano and her parents who were always sweet for Shireen.