Ho Mann Jahaan... My review

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Contains Spoilers

I missed the first 15-20 mins of the movie so can't say much about the beginning but from the point where I started watching till the end it kept me hooked. Although, the pace dropped at places and some scenes were long but overall, the movie was engaging and captivating. It was visually very appealing and story was treated nicely.

It's the story of three friends who want to pursue their career in music but certain unfavorable situation arise between them and how they deal with them.

Positives:

The story, it wasn't a run of the mill story. The characters were so real. I could easily relate to the characters of Nadir and Arhaan. Both had their positives and negatives that made them so relatable be it Arhaan's selfishness or Nadir's jealousy. You could easily relate to their situations.

A few scenes easily stand out where Nadir & Manizeh break up and the smile on the face of Arhaan and that scenes where Nadir gets to know about their selection of coke studio and how he try to control his reactions/expressions. These scenes were very well directed and acted.

The film was visually very appealing. The screenplay was engaging, direction was good and the acting was top notch.

Shehryar Munnawars dialog delivery has improved so much. He looked great in the movie and his character had a lot of scope to perform and he does it with so much conviction. Adeel Hussain does a great job too. His crying scenes has been a problem in the past and he is still awkward in crying scenes. Mahira Khan was good. Her expressions at times were little off.. but overall, she did a good job. Soniya Jahan as Sabina looks very pretty, acts really well but so much could've been done to her character but it was kind of neglected infact her and Shehryar scenes were pretty interesting. Among the parents, Nimra Bucha stood out. She is a fine actress but from no angle she looked like Mahira's mother in the movie.

Negatives:

Although the music was good, but so many songs in the movie added to its length. Some of the scenes were so long and you want them to end soon. The film actually is pretty long. It is close to 3 hours. Certain portions should have been edited to make it short. Bushra Ansari is the weakest link in the movie for her acting. She over-did in the emotional scenes. It looks like she came out directly from some Indian soap opera. Everytime she would call Nadir as Naddu.. it made me laugh.😆..chaahe kitna bhi emotional scene tha.

Overall, it was one of the better movies that have come out of our industry. Definitely worth a watch.

P.s Fawad and Syra Yousaf were very good in their respective cameos. Infact, their appearance added to the value of the movie.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

Romantic Reveries

where can i watch this online cant watch in my country😔
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Priya-

where can i watch this online cant watch in my country😔

Pakistani movies aren't really available for online viewing right after their release. They take a lot of time to come online.
wida thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I so want to watch this moviee.. but guess that i have to wait long time till it comes online
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I just realized I never posted mine 😆
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I want to watch the film but no online links at the moment.