Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Khushi_love thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Shyamala Aunty ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
It's so so awesome to read your brilliant write up for these absolutely fascinating epis...I have been catching up on these epis as late as midnight at times, but i do make it a point to catch up on JA regularly...n your posts as a follow thru. ...๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Also, your write up suggests that your health is improving, hence I'm greatly relieved on that front...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Acc to me, the basic difference between BK & MA is that...

MA is self centred, arrogant n pretends to be overly concerned about Jalal, when in reality, she is not...

On the other hand, though arrogant, BK is fiercely loyal to the Sultanate, & is genuinely concerned about Jalal... he believes that it is he , BK, who has given the vibrant colours to the butterfly...He does not want the pupa to shed it's cocoon n fly around freely ...he wants to keep the pupa caged n not fully shed it's cocoon so that he, BK can contol the butterfly's flight all his life...

So, to put it in a nutshell, both MA & BK are extremely arrogant about their hold on the emperor...but while BK is fiercely loyal to the Sultanate, MA is fiercely loyal to her evil intentions & diseased mind...๐Ÿ˜Š

If BK was half as conniving as MA, he would have survived MA ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by ---Khushi--- - 9 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My dearest Khushi,

Yes, I am feeling better, but I am not sure if it will last. Yesterday the pain had reappeared, this time in my left hand. That is why I wrote that this post was an effort, for I could not used the left hand freely. But today that is ebbing away. I have to wait and watch, and in the meantime, make the most of my pain-free body parts!๐Ÿ˜‰

As for Maham and Bairam Khan, I had written above to Ela as follows:

But there is a huge difference between Bairam Khan and Maham. He does not really want anything for himself. He has no personal agenda. He wants only the relentless onward march of the Mughaliya Sultanat, of course on the path laid down by himself. Then again, he lacks deviousness. He is like a bull charging head first. This comes from his basic straightforwardness. Also, there is in him an inner core of nobility that makes his change of heart and surrender to Jalal in the end entirely credible.

I too feel sorry for him. He is a tragic example of what the Greeks call hubris, or overweening pride, laying a man low.

Maham has no trace of nobility in her make-up, and as for deviousness, at times murderous deviousness,that is in her DNA. She comes of the race of utterly ruthless women like Catherine de Medicis and Lucrecia Borgia, right down to the frequent use of poison in rings. She is driven always by her personal agenda, which is to advance Adham's fortunes. She is greatly handicapped by his stupidity and rashness, and Jalal is the son she would have wanted to have, but Adham is the one she has got, and she will never stop trying to push him, come hell or high water.

Do you approve of it? It is very close to your own take.

As for your "If BK was half as conniving as MA, he would have survived MA ๐Ÿ˜†", he would not have needed even half! Just a little less bull-headedness, and a bit of diplomacy. But he could never have done that.

As for Maham's evil intentions and diseased mind, you should look up the two ladies I have mentioned above!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: ---Khushi---

Shyamala Aunty ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

It's so so awesome to read your brilliant write up for these absolutely fascinating epis...I have been catching up on these epis as late as midnight at times, but i do make it a point to catch up on JA regularly...n your posts as a follow thru. ...๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Also, your write up suggests that your health is improving, hence I'm greatly relieved on that front...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Acc to me, the basic difference between BK & MA is that...

MA is self centred, arrogant n pretends to be overly concerned about Jalal, when in reality, she is not...

On the other hand, though arrogant, BK is fiercely loyal to the Sultanate, & is genuinely concerned about Jalal... he believes that it is he , BK, who has given the vibrant colours to the butterfly...He does not want the pupa to shed it's cocoon n fly around freely ...he wants to keep the pupa caged n not fully shed it's cocoon so that he, BK can contol the butterfly's flight all his life...

So, to put it in a nutshell, both MA & BK are extremely arrogant about their hold on the emperor...but while BK is fiercely loyal to the Sultanate, MA is fiercely loyal to her evil intentions & diseased mind...๐Ÿ˜Š

If BK was half as conniving as MA, he would have survived MA ๐Ÿ˜†

sashashyam thumbnail
My dear Zhanna,

I too am glad to be back here with all of you. I missed it!

Now, as for the compare and contrast Bairam Khan and Maham Anga exercise, here is what I wrote above to Ela and Khushi:

"But there is a huge difference between Bairam Khan and Maham. He does not really want anything for himself. He has no personal agenda. He wants only the relentless onward march of the Mughaliya Sultanat, of course on the path laid down by himself. Then again, he lacks deviousness. He is like a bull charging head first. This comes from his basic straightforwardness. Also, there is in him an inner core of nobility that makes his change of heart and surrender to Jalal in the end entirely credible.

I too feel sorry for him. He is a tragic example of what the Greeks call hubris, or overweening pride, laying a man low.

Maham has no trace of nobility in her make-up, and as for deviousness, at times murderous deviousness,that is in her DNA. She comes of the race of utterly ruthless women like Catherine de Medicis and Lucrecia Borgia, right down to the frequent use of poison in rings. She is driven always by her personal agenda, which is to advance Adham's fortunes. She is greatly handicapped by his stupidity and rashness, and Jalal is the son she would have wanted to have, but Adham is the one she has got, and she will never stop trying to push him, come hell or high water."

But as for your @blue, I am not quite sure of that. Maham does love Jalal is her own schizophrenic way. He is the son she would have wanted to have had. That is why, in all her plots to seize the throne, she is insistent that he should not be killed. But if it comes to a choice between the two, she will of course choose Adham.

Not like Panna Dhai, the legendary wet nurse of Maharana Udai Singh of Mewar, who substituted her own son for the sleeping baby prince and let him be killed by the plotters, in order to save the heir to the throne. Now that was loyalty for you!

Shyamala Di

Originally posted by: alffim

Dear Shyamala Di!

It is very interesting to read your review and I am glad that you can write again.

I did a very a long time translation, you wrote everything I tried. But so much effort, I nevertheless write ...๐Ÿ˜ณ

Subject Bairam Khan was short, but strong enough. Both the Mahamanga and Bairam Khan is equally not is not respected Jalal and never saw him as an independent person. Also, they as Rukie it was profitable to cultivate and develop it cruel and heartless. That will show the episode with Farida. (It is waiting for your further analysis). But, still it seems to me that by Bairam Khan has a warm feeling to Jalal, while Mahamana - only selfishness, lust for power and promotion Adham. I do think that all of her statements about love to Jalal only the external declaration. In fact, only Adham, Adham and Adham.

In our Russian sources I too read that the period of approximately two years was called the reign of the "long skirts".

avika444 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Beautiful analysis shyamala akka

Thanks for the episode links ANJALI:-) :-)
sashashyam thumbnail
Thank you so much, my dear! I am so pleased that you are with us on these threads.

Shyamala Akka

Originally posted by: avika444

Beautiful analysis shyamala akka

Thanks for the episode links ANJALI:-) :-)

sashashyam thumbnail
Thank you so much, my dear Kalgi! I am pleased that you liked this one so much. As for the title, I always decide the title before I start writing, and this one was a perfect fit!

No, my dear, I would not have written it if the shoulder pain was still there. That has ebbed away but come down to the hands, and last evening it was in the left hand. That is why I wrote that doing that post was an effort. I hope the pain recedes for good soon, instead of popping up in different places! That said, the fact is that I miss all of you as well!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: Kalgi22

Such a wonderful analysis and indeed a great title.๐Ÿ˜† Really a good reading. Thanks for the information.

Jalal finally out from the shell called Bairam Khan and then took care by Maham Anga... Yeah still a long way to go. Somewhere I've read the period when Akbar under influence of Maham Anga is called like 'The Petticoat Government' by some historians.
I really electrified to see your effort and passion for writing the reviews in spite of your health. But do take care Aunty!!!๐Ÿ˜ณ

Edited by sashashyam - 9 years ago
Shah67 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for another great analysis Shyamala Aunty.
I concur with many here that between BK and MA, BK is the better person. MA is an astheen ka saanp whereas BK just needed some early education on diplomacy and tact.๐Ÿ˜†
Even at this point in time, I really do not think MA loves Jalal. I have to disagree with you on that point.๐Ÿ˜”

BK realises that he is slowly losing control. Does not want accept the fact and that is why all the bluster and blabber.

Is it just me or with BK around MA has a more subdued facade? She is biding her time. Almost like she wants to keep a low profile and a tight rein on her emotions lest she make a mistake. She appears as if she is taking great care to highlight the contrast between herself and BK in front of Jalal.

As for your question about MA thinking that she can get away with putting Adham on the throne? I think it is just blind maternal love.๐Ÿ˜Š
Most mothers feel like there is a genius hidden somewhere deep inside their sons(and daughters too) even though they might have proof to the contrary. I am guilty of that too...sometimes.๐Ÿ˜†

Maybe she dreams that he will blossom into this great ruler (๐Ÿ˜ฒ)under her tutelage? After all, hope springs eternal.๐Ÿ˜Š

The friendship between Jalal and Abdul is beyond cute. You are right, it was a big mistake to let go of that character. And the actor wasn't bad looking either.

You take care. Lots of TLC to self.

Devki
Edited by devkidmd - 9 years ago
Donjas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: alffim

Dear Shyamala Di!

It is very interesting to read your review and I am glad that you can write again.

I did a very a long time translation, you wrote everything I tried. But so much effort, I nevertheless write ...๐Ÿ˜ณ

Subject Bairam Khan was short, but strong enough. Both the Mahamanga and Bairam Khan is equally not is not respected Jalal and never saw him as an independent person. Also, they as Rukie it was profitable to cultivate and develop it cruel and heartless. That will show the episode with Farida. (It is waiting for your further analysis). But, still it seems to me that by Bairam Khan has a warm feeling to Jalal, while Mahamana - only selfishness, lust for power and promotion Adham. I do think that all of her statements about love to Jalal only the external declaration. In fact, only Adham, Adham and Adham.

In our Russian sources I too read that the period of approximately two years was called the reign of the "long skirts".

I am so happy to see your opinion because your background gives you a unique and different perpective that we don't have. In this case however, I must disagree with you.

Both Bairam Khan and Maham have a lot of affection for Jalal, Bairam Khan proved it by refusing to fight. Maham will show her love too later on, but this is an all possessive kind of love, which will take no competitors. In this poisonous love even Jalal's child is a rival , and so is anyone who comes close to him like Jodha. She wants Jalal all to herself, on her own terms.
Donjas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sashashyam

My dear Donjas,

I too am so glad to be back here; I really missed the place after a week of being away! I am better, and I hope this lasts, but the pain has now descended to my hands, especially the left one yesterday. If it had been the right one, I would not have been able to do this post at all, and I would have fallen further behind, so it was just as well!

Yes, the Jalal-Bairam Khan clashes are something to see, and they also presage a major shift in the way the Mughal empire was governed under Akbar. That is why I used the word tectonic, and not titanic. I wanted to convey the sense of tectonic movements underground, like the earth's plates shifting, movements that would usher in major changes.

As for Maham, her sense of timing and her unbelievable deviousness are both phenomenal. Your 4 stages for her modus operandi are spot on. Especially the no frontal attack part, and her emphasis on never leaving her fingerprints on any of her devious deeds.

Shyamala

From the quality of your posts and the intricate details you go into while describing the motivations of characters, it is obvious that you are a born writer. You like to write. I believe you would even have had success as a best selling writer, if you wanted it.

That is why it will sadden me if your writing ability is curtailed. In my novice opinion that displaced vertebrae problem is similar to mine, a nerve got compressed and it is affecting parts of body in the extremeties. Just like my case. The long term solution is rest with whatever exercises the Doctor proposes. There is no way you should put any kind of stress on your hands or back.

But it will get better with time. This is not a disease, but an injury.

My earnest appeal is that you should seriously consider Voice recognition software. That is the long term solution to preserving productivity without exposing hands, back and eyes to too much stress.
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Superb analysis Shyamala Auntyโญ๏ธ