Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: summerchild

The lack of gaalis for Moiz here is such a letdown! 😆

He's such a right douche, I can't believe the inheritance bit was his idea - and honestly, how stupid is Ruhi?! :O Bhanja's chatting shit and she's right there believing everything he says! -_-

I just want Moiz to get beaten up by Wali, at least once! I'm willing to settle on just a punch, tbh! Just need Moiz to be shoved back and shown his true place!

Trust me, I have cursed him a million times today. Yeh to apne maa baap se bhi das kadam aagee nikla. What a loser! He is waiting for Farah's inheritance so that he can invest it in his business.

Beaten up by Wali? Nahh.. He needs to get beaten up by Farah. Phir maza ayega! He will land up in haveli soon and Farah will be super rude towards him. Ahhh.. I just want her to kick him out immediately!

Ruhi will get a huge jhatka when bhai and uske super lootere son ki reality bahar ayegi. It would be a tight slap on her face!
Edited by mary78613 - 9 years ago
mary78613 thumbnail

Originally posted by: brainychild92

*Oh.. that makes sense.. i hope now she doesn't doubt AJ, especially since he is ignoring his health for her happiness... And Zarminey will be back with a bang.. Lets see how Arjumand/Wali control her next episode.. I bet there will be hair pulling in the next episode..lol

I just want Fara to accept, or at least acknowledge Wali before knowing the truth about Moiz... Otherwise Wali is just a rebound/safety net and that is just a no-no!

He won't be. Don't worry!
Moeez ki asliyat itni jaldi samne nahi ayegi... Anyways, Farah never loved him, only respected him. And she got engaged to him because she is under the impression that he really cares for her and her mother! Blahhh!

Oh, we will get to see the sherni version of Zarminay in the next episode. She loves her Agha Jaan to bits.
mary78613 thumbnail
It was a slow episode but I liked a lot of scenes today.

First, the scene where Farah sees Behroze's picture and gets all senti and then she looks at the picture with both Behroze and Suhaib and gets a bit taken back. She has never seen the bonding between the two brothers and she was not even aware of this part of Behroze's life. Then she glances at Wali's photo and realises that all three of them are so closely linked; Behroze, Suhaib and Wali, and this is when she starts recalling all the words that her father had said to her when they first came to the haveli. She did not understand the significance or the meaning of those words at that time but now she did. As much as she wants, she cannot run away from Behroze's family..

Then the scene where Wali gets super angry and senti when Farah bad mouths AJ. He can tolerate it if she bad mouths him, but not AJ. He gives him a reality check which she desperately needed. He was angry at first but then there was pity in his eyes because he knew one day she would regret not accepting the man who loved her with all his heart. She is truly 'badnaseeb' that she rejected AJ's love. There was so much pain in Wali's eyes and realisation in Farah's'!

Then the walk on the bridge, the scene that we were all waiting for... It was just for a few seconds and that scene was dedicated to Farah's realisation. Wali's reality check had worked and she was now thinking on her own, keeping Ruhi's point of view aside.

I found that horse scene hilarious! Farah jitna bhi tashan and attitude dekha le. Wali knows how to handle her 😆

Then of course AJ and Farah's heart to heart talk and Farah finally breaking down and accepting AJ's baylos muhabbat. That was truly a wonderful scene. It had me in tears. Farah and AJ both were amazing.. Ahhh and then Wali comes in and sees that both of them are sleeping with so much itmenaan and he not only keeps the blanket on AJ, but Farah too. I found the gesture sweet. Somewhere deep inside, he knows Farah has been truly brainwashed by her mother and she has the scope to change. She just needs a push!

Next morning, when Farah is making AJ eat breakfast, both are content and Farah was so happy to know that Behroze came in both their dreams. Now she knows for sure that her father truly wanted this reunion and is happy right now! That made her so so happy! Finally, she was able to make her father content. He had only come in her dreams once before when she had sent the divorce papers and he was upset with her at that time. That was bothering her deep down for a long time now and the current dream where he seemed happy was a relief for her.

Also, we saw AJ talking about Wali to Farah and her opinion has started to change about him. LOL, she thought Wali was unper jahil, her dialogue 'isne to college university ki shakal bhi dekhi hai' was hilarious. She was surprised that he had gotten admission in Stanford! 😆 Oye Farah! Humare Wali ko halka mat lo
summerchild thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mary78613

Trust me, I have cursed him a million times today. Yeh to apne maa baap se bhi das kadam aagee nikla. What a loser! He is waiting for Farah's inheritance so that he can invest it in his business.

Beaten up by Wali? Nahh.. He needs to get beaten up by Farah. Phir maza ayega! He will land up in haveli soon and Farah will be super rude towards him. Ahhh.. I just want her to kick him out immediately!

Ruhi will get a huge jhatka when bhai and uske super lootere son ki reality bahar ayegi. It would be a tight slap on her face!

Oh God, yes! I can't wait for Faarah to lash out! Ab tak only Wali's seen her larakka sherni side, ab tou Moiz ki shaamat! 😆

And idk, man, I'm under the impression that Wali hits him ever since I recalled the bit in the initial promos where Faarah's all guilty and asks Wali ke "Haath kaisa hai?" Isiliye my headcanon rn is that both miyaan biwi and gonna insult meesna Moiz and kick him out! 😆

Honestly, the only reason why I'm even willing to tolerate Moiz is because I know it's gonna be an excellent payback where Ruhi's concerned! God, I can't stand that whole side of the family!
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

If I don't do this now, I'll probably forget and won't write it again which would be a shame cuz the episode was BRILLIANT!

Can I just say Obi has made a mess out of me? Wali has had more than small moments where his actions are, to put simply, problematic but I can never hold it against him for the most part. Why? Because when he's all rage and authority with Farah, he is deserving of some curses cuz urgh! Y U DO THIS WALI?! But then in the very episode, chances are in the very next scene, I'd see him in a completely different light where he's gentle and loving and sweet and basically on mission to make a gooey mush out of me. And both these sides, the good and the bad, they are so genuine. There's no fakeness there. Hai..Wali buss aisa hi hai. He may be a different Wali for different people, but there isn't a big giant hypocrisy or conspiracy in his actions. You take the good, and you take the bad, then you mix it all up and you'll get a Wali who is grey. Not a typical goody two shoes or the evil bad guy. Wali's good doesn't eradicate the problematic wrongs that he has, similarly all those wrongs don't take away the good from him. So, what we get is this interesting, fascinating, frustrating, a complete stand-out character who is what he is. And it's very hard to do that, to have all these shades and properly portray them.

I remember this IV I read of Obi when DeD had just started airing and there he had said that Wali wasn't an easy character to play. That had me thinking, "why does he say that? Wali [the novel one] isn't really hard to crack." But FI has written Wali for the drama so differently from novel, she has made us a witness to all his sides and there are so many. It would be tough for anyone to do justice to them all. Any amateur actor or one who didn't really grasp Wali would've butchered Wali by now. Because it's so easy to slip into either the good side or embrace the darkness. But making a distinction between the two and staying in that grey territory so that the good and bad both get to be shown equally...that's tough. But from episode 18 to 24, Obi has done just that. And he has done it flawlessly.

And of course, then there's Maya who has always showed Farah's emotions so perfectly. From her chirpiness to conflict to her loss and resolve, her fear, frustration, doubts; more than any other character it's Farah who went through all these emotions. And she had to be relate-able at all these stages. Why does she cry so much? Why she chooses to remain silent? What pushed her to speak? What makes her tick? What makes her happy? Farah is supposed to be this khuli kitaab type character who shows what she feels and feels what she shows. There's no hypocrisy within her. Any time she tries to defy what she feels and do something opposite, it shows on her face because she can't convince her own self of it let alone deceive the world. She might not say a lot but her expressions, body language, the slight change in tone are the tell-tale signs of what's going on with her. And Maya does that with her performance.

It took all these 20-ish weeks for the story to get the point where Wali and Farah take the center stage. The wait has been long but God, it was so darn worth it. The disappointment that usually comes with elevated excitement isn't the case with DeD nowadays. What we have is only the need to want more and more of this.

Coming to the episode:

Major revelations and developments. As Ayeronic says in her DP reviews, DeD episodes seem to have an overall theme each week. This week I think it was "PardaFaash". Are people really as we think they are? If not then what are they? And how do we get to see them in all their reality? It wasn't just Farah seeing and acknowledging AJ's love, we also got to see Moiz in all his ugliness which was not much surprising considering last week's precap butt woah! I'd be lying if I say I wasn't shocked at the extent of his shatir schemes. He was probably the oldest player of this game Tajamul and Zohra were playing with Ruhi and we never got to see that. He was the good guy, the son-like-nephew, the pillar of support for Ruhi and Farah. But ye tou full on aasteen ka saanp nikla. Though I'm wondering, were we meant to sympathize with Ruhi when she was begging Moiz to bring Farah back and it was revealed that Moiz was the one who had put the inheritance clause in the first place? Because the dramatic music that played there just as we saw Moiz for what he was for the first time made Ruhi seem like a helpless pawn who doesn't even know she's been played with. Though sorry not sorry, I can never sympathize with Ruhi. It wasn't her behavior with AJ which annoyed me, it was her behavior with her own daughter that made me dislike her so passionately. Whatever Moiz's plan was, I don't think anyone ever dictated Ruhi to push Farah away from her and make herself emotionally unavailable to her only daughter.

Beherhaal, as my father said, Moiz needs some Caesar Treatment. Lock him up with Caesar and let the cute little dangerous thing (the cute is the hint that Caesar is the one I'm talking about here) give him some well deserved biting and scratching. But that aside, I gotta applaud Moiz for the way he has no illusions about Farah. He knows this girl and the way he so surely said that Farah rebelling isn't an overnight thing, her frustrations had been building for years, is the proof of it. When everyone was going around reacting to people as their own perceptions than what actually was the reality, Moiz had a firm grasp of what the hell was actually going on.

Wali-Farah scenes are all kinds of joy because despite their banter and "hatred" being the main theme of them, we don't get repeated stuff forced down our throats in the name of screen-time. First we get a scene where Farah is legit taking out all her frustrations at Wali and all Wali does is take it all in with a smile on his face and not react violently. I had fully expected him to snap or go off with a sour mood but surprisingly, he was all good humored about it as if he had resigned to the fact that this girl will never speak to him in anything but a biting tone. So he just stood there, telling her to give her best shot and once she was done, he be all, "Hogaya?" and off he goes.

Then the second one was totally different. Here he actually snapped but not in the violent way we've been seeing him do. His rage was more controlled, his tone more chilly than impulsive. Oh, I loved this scene so much. Farah was going on and on about AJ and tricks and one could see the hurt lingering there along side the anger on Wali's face. While in the restaurant scene, Wali's disappointment in Farah was very evident, here it seemed like he had completely given up on this girl jisse akal aati hi nahin! One who refuses to see things as they are and refuses to take off the glasses which makes the world such a dark place for her. Specially that line, mera buss chale tou main Agha Jaan ko jhinjhod kar unhen tumhari haqeeqat bataoun..because let's face it, Wali can order Farah all he wants ke achi poti bano and blah blah blah, but he is no kid. He knows that such fakeness won't really do any longterm remedy. AJ can be temporarily satisfied with having his granddaughter there by his side, serving him and taking care of him, but things don't work out well like this if there aren't any genuine feelings involved. He knows he is doing wrong by bringing Farah here like that and forcing her to show AJ his love but what can he do? He was pushed to the limit, this was his only and last chance to try to give AJ some peace of mind. He may not say it but the obvious fakeness there does affect Wali, a man who has always been true and genuine in his feelings.

The horse scene was...meh? Idk. I randomly commented to myself seeing Wali on horse and approaching Farah, is he gonna give her a horseride? Aaja mere ghode pe beth jaa?' and had giggled at the very prospect but khudaya, this man and his actions. He actually forcefully took her along with him..on a horse. Nope, no feels were involved there. It was cringeworthy, my feels from the previous two scenes actually died seeing that. Unnessecary stuff.

What I did absolutely enjoy was Farah being a restless soul and wandering around here and there. She explored the haveli, she went out in the BEAUTIFUL valley, trying to make sense of all her emotions but not finding peace. It wasn't until she was with AJ and that she cried on his chest that Farah found peace. It was so symbolic. We go out, search far and wide for the missing piece in our life, and then we come home to realize it was always right there in front of us but we never realized it. The AJ-Farah scene could've had better audio as Abid Ali expresses like a boss but he does end up munching a lot of words so it's hard to understand him. And Maya cries wonderfully but when she speaks while crying, it comes across as very loud. But it was acted very well. Farah clinging to AJ desperately when he said he didn't want to die without reconciling with Farah and Farah's sheer desperate way to avoid that by holding on her grandfather so tightly...the scene which was a long time coming and so worth all the build-up.

The feels came back when Wali visited AJ's room late at night and saw AJ-Farah sleeping so peacefully. Oh, it was wonderful! Wali's open love for his AJ, the content on his face seeing AJ's face so at peace...and then the more confused emotion when he saw Farah there. It wasn't dislike or hatred which he felt for her previously in the day but something warmer. Satisfaction? Relief that she wasn't all lost and that her nafrat nafrat chants were just her stubborn nature making problems again? Jo bhi tha...zabardast tha. Wali was the kindest to her in her sleep than he has been around her awakened state.

The follow-up scene was even better. Farah's confusion that she could sleep so peacefully with AJ and then that relaxed smile of her face as we saw her let go of the constant struggle and embrace AJ's love as something genuine than a drama. How long has it been since she last smiled and laughed like that?

"Baba khush honge na?"

This line hit me the right in the feels. For years and years, Farah was denied the simple luxury of indulging in her father's memory and talking about it. She couldn't even worry about him not coming in her dreams because she was labelled as being childish. All Farah wanted was some love and attention, not only for herself but for the bond she had shared with her father. And AJ in one night gave her all that. Now Farah wouldn't need Wali's orders to be with AJ. Wo khud humak humak ke wahan jaegi cuz she has been so desperate for this peace that she finds beside that old man on his sick bed. She has sufferend so much for it, she won't let go at any cost now.

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
I m becoming a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of Okb thanks to this show

He owns wali now

Fara and agha jaan breakdown scene was farhat ishtiaque trademark

She rocks in emotional scenes
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I realize that you may think Wali is not doing well by bringing Fara back, but I think Wali has accepted that within 3 months, AJ will be rendered completely helpless physically and by then will be in a state where Fara won't matter. My grandmother was in that state, where she wanted my mom but it really didn't matter (she didn't realize it when she was there or wasn't)... Wali just wants AJ to be happy for a while...
Forgot to add in my previous post: one thing I realized today... no matter how upset I am, never will I call my phupho, apki behen/nand... that was just painful... [I said phupho because I've never done that to anyone else but this comment is a generalization for all relations]

Originally posted by: -shabz-

another reason to watch it with hubby

There are too many kebab mein haddis 🤣

Originally posted by: brainychild92

haha, i'm guessing you never watched muhabbat ab nahi hogi have you? lol

im guessing you never read my comments about avoiding all Armeena shows 🤣

Originally posted by: Dhani_

yeah its DeD day⭐️

this tread is super fast ...impossible to keep up with all the post
@Nisbah glad you like the edits 😊

Aapki to nazar hi lag gayi😭 why has the AT stopped moving!