Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: -shabz-

^what! Shaan is working in BW, he was so against it, yeh log bhai na

He's not working in Bollywood sorry I didn't make that clear, I meant he's collaborating with an Indian film maker I'll edit the post to try to make it a bit clearer.
He's producing and staring in a Pakistani remake of a Bollywood film. He purchased the rights for Arth from Mahesh Bhatt, and Shagufta Shafique (Indian) is writing the script.
I think that's just as bad for someone who (1) belittled Pakistani artists who chose to work in Bollywood on the basis that it's not patriotic and does not support the Pakistani film industry. (2) Constantly puts down the Indian film industry.
This guy consistently fuels animosity between India and Pakistan. He put down India for lacking originality, claimed Bollywood needs Pakistani scripts, lambasted Ali Zafar for acting in Bollywood, and then... decided to remake a Bollywood film.
Lol, he's a hypocrite and a half.
Edited by Amara_B - 9 years ago
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Shaan... I only know the indian singer? who else is there?
Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: brainychild92

Shaan... I only know the indian singer? who else is there?

The Pakistani actor, Shaan Shahid.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Amara_B

Who's talking about marketing? There's a difference between marketing and suggesting viewers should not watch films or tv shows from certain countries to support their own countries industries.

We are NOT talking about promotions, we're talking about the hypocrisy of actors, producers, directors, etc. who talk down their colleagues for acting in Bollywood films in the name of patriotism and then collaborate with Indian filmmakers (Shaan is remaking Mahesh Bhatt's Arth, the scripts being written by the Indian writer Shagufta Shafique), or act in Bollywood themselves.
Or actors who beseech their viewers to stop watching Indian/Turkish soaps in the name of patriotism and suggest the audience should instead support their own industry by watching Pakistani serials instead and then sign a Bollywood film themselves (Ahsan Khan).
That's not marketing. It's manipulation. It's hypocrisy.

This might explain his latest interview...I was surprised:

Shaan explains how important numbers are and why films need to be improved but never by sidelining what masses of people across the country wish to see. Films need to rake in numbers before they can be termed a success, he explains. While that is a discussion for another day, one wonders how sensible or sensitive it is to make and release a film like Yalghaar at a time when one is enjoying the peace promotion that Bollywood is exporting via films like Bajrangi Bhaijaan.

"Secularism is part of the Indian identity," Shaan explains. "There are more Muslims in India than in Pakistan which is why the Khans rule and it doesn't hurt them to make a film on peace and harmony because one nation is what they're about. We, as Pakistanis, believe in the two nation theory so the whole India-Pakistan are one' does not work here.

"You have to understand that Yalghaar is not anti-India," he continues passionately. "It's anti-whatever issues we are facing as a nation. Yes Bajrangi Bhaijaan is all about peace and harmony but let's not forget Agent Vinod, Ek Tha Tiger and all those films that were anti-Pakistan and came before it. How can we conveniently forget what's happening in our country? Aman is great and peace is fine but it has to be done on equal terms. This dream of equality that BB sells is not all true. Why doesn't someone in India make a film on Gujrat?" he continued.

"I'm not anti-India but I am pro-Pakistan," he concludes. "I feel respect on both ends is very important. I wish people would try to understand what I'm saying instead of taking everything I say the wrong way."

- See more at: http://magazine.thenews.com.pk/mag/detail_article.asp?id=11302&magId=11#sthash.7DvupN2F.dpuf

khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

This might explain his latest interview...I was surprised:

Shaan explains how important numbers are and why films need to be improved but never by sidelining what masses of people across the country wish to see. Films need to rake in numbers before they can be termed a success, he explains. While that is a discussion for another day, one wonders how sensible or sensitive it is to make and release a film like Yalghaar at a time when one is enjoying the peace promotion that Bollywood is exporting via films like Bajrangi Bhaijaan.

"Secularism is part of the Indian identity," Shaan explains. "There are more Muslims in India than in Pakistan which is why the Khans rule and it doesn't hurt them to make a film on peace and harmony because one nation is what they're about. We, as Pakistanis, believe in the two nation theory so the whole India-Pakistan are one' does not work here.

"You have to understand that Yalghaar is not anti-India," he continues passionately. "It's anti-whatever issues we are facing as a nation. Yes Bajrangi Bhaijaan is all about peace and harmony but let's not forget Agent Vinod, Ek Tha Tiger and all those films that were anti-Pakistan and came before it. How can we conveniently forget what's happening in our country? Aman is great and peace is fine but it has to be done on equal terms. This dream of equality that BB sells is not all true. Why doesn't someone in India make a film on Gujrat?" he continued.

"I'm not anti-India but I am pro-Pakistan," he concludes. "I feel respect on both ends is very important. I wish people would try to understand what I'm saying instead of taking everything I say the wrong way."

- See more at: http://magazine.thenews.com.pk/mag/detail_article.asp?id=11302&magId=11#sthash.7DvupN2F.dpuf

Gosh this guy talks a lot of crap.

TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

Gosh this guy talks a lot of crap.

This sense compared to what he generally speaks. 😆Practically speaking he is right about some of the differences between Indian and Pakistani audiences.
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

This sense compared to what he generally speaks. 😆Practically speaking he is right about some of the differences between Indian and Pakistani audiences.

@ Bold - is what I don't understand.

I agree that Pakistan is in political turmoil and I don't even want to get into why it is in such a situation, but what I don't understand is that Y the anger towards India?😕

Also again if it's not equal then Y blame India? BTW haven't watched BB so I don't know what he means by saying this dream of equality that BB sells.
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

@ Bold - is what I don't understand.

I agree that Pakistan is in political turmoil and I don't even want to get into why it is in such a situation, but what I don't understand is that Y the anger towards India?😕

Also again if it's not equal then Y blame India? BTW haven't watched BB so I don't know what he means by saying this dream of equality that BB sells.

I dont know what his film is about. But I suppose he is saying Pakistan faces its own problems and this film is about them from Pakistan's POV which is fine. Its for the Pakistani audience and shouldnt matter to us.
But the writer asks him is it fair show India/Indians in negative light in face of films like BB which show Pakistan/Pakistanis in positive light. He says its a idealistic/dreamy scenario which I dunno how true it is.