Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
^I'm sure what you are saying is not wrong, but that is what I got from his post. I won't argue about it as I do not follow entertainment media whether it is HW, BW, LW, or TV from any country.
904129 thumbnail
What an Irony! Ppl are getting Hypocrites themselves! 😆
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: brainychild92

^I'm sure what you are saying is not wrong, but that is what I got from his post. I won't argue about it as I do not follow entertainment media whether it is HW, BW, LW, or TV from any country.

But I follow almost all prominent pak actors and actresses in fb Twitter instagram and I know what they posted about pak cinema not just this eid and before also and not a single one of them was ever about quitting Indian soaps or Bollywood movies

All of them jus cheered for pak cinema and asked the audience to support it by going to the cinema to watch

I don't see anything hypocritical in it

I luv mohib onscreen and offscreen but this statement kinda shows he is jealous and frustrated of other pak actors progress and success in pak and also in Bollywood where he Cudnt even become that popular in pak ...Even his wife amina sheikh is way more popular than him
iSakeena thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: brainychild92

I get what you're saying Abby but here's what I got from this:

this is purely hypothetical but here is the example
Lets say I am a Salman Khan fan, and I can't stand Humayun Saeed. Still, on Eid I decide to watch Bin Roye because it is Pakistani and I want to support Lollywood instead of Bollywood (even though I am a bigger fan of Salman). This is purely my choice, but now if Fawad Khan, Imran Abbas, and so many more, are telling me (or audience) to not watch Bajrangi Bhaijaan and go for Bin Roye then it is hypocritical... especially since these guys are all for bollywood and would probably go for a BW film first, over a LW...

i totally agree with u ..same here 😊
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

But I follow almost all prominent pak actors and actresses in fb Twitter instagram and I know what they posted about pak cinema not just this eid and before also and not a single one of them was ever about quitting Indian soaps or Bollywood movies

All of them jus cheered for pak cinema and asked the audience to support it by going to the cinema to watch

I don't see anything hypocritical in it

I luv mohib onscreen and offscreen but this statement kinda shows he is jealous and frustrated of other pak actors progress and success in pak and also in Bollywood where he Cudnt even become that popular in pak ...Even his wife amina sheikh is way more popular than him

or... something happened with him personally and he just generalized it...

i've seen it on Facebook all the time, where one person might do something to upset you and your status becomes "i love how everyone thinks [insert action here]". I like to give people the benefit of doubt, especially when I am a fan of someone... lol
Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree with him to a point.

I don't buy into the whole art stands alone and shouldn't be judged by who made it (on a regional or individual level). I mean I will never watch a film from Israel. Nor will I watch anything Woody Allen, Roman Polanski, and the idiots who signed the Polanski petition make, as I have no desire to contribute to their riches and popularity.
However I completely support the argument that Pakistani directors, actors, producers, etc. need to stop attempting to manipulate the audience into watching a Pakistani film over an Indian film. If a Pakistani and Indian film is released on the same date, a la Bin Roye and Bajrangi Bhaijaan, it's up to the viewer to decide which one they want to watch. If the Indian film is genuinely better than the Pakistani film, or simply interests the viewer more irrespective of quality, why should the Pakistani viewer feel obliged to watch the Pakistani film?
If you decide to release your film on the same day as an Indian film you choose to take a financial risk, the Pakistani viewer does NOT owe you any favours and is not obliged to watch your film. If you don't want to take that risk don't. release. your. film. on. the. same. day. as. an. Indian. film.
It's that simple.
Edited by Amara_B - 9 years ago
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I think its okay for them to support their cinema. But some statements by the celebs imply to say that buying their tickets alone is an act of patriotism :/ I dont understand how that would be considered patriotic. Same holds good for an Indian counter-part. Only the producers are making many.
Nobody is doing charity.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Amara_B

I agree with him to a point.

I don't buy into the whole art stands alone and shouldn't be judged by who made it (on a regional or individual level). I mean I will never watch a film from Israel. Nor will I watch anything Woody Allen, Roman Polanski, and the idiots who signed the Polanski petition make, as I have no desire to contribute to their riches and popularity.
However I completely support the argument that Pakistani directors, actors, producers, etc. need to stop attempting to manipulate the audience into watching a Pakistani film over an Indian film. If a Pakistani and Indian film is released on the same date, a la Bin Roye and Bajrangi Bhaijaan, it's up to the viewer to decide which one they want to watch. If the Indian film is genuinely better than the Pakistani film, or simply interests the viewer more irrespective of quality, why should the Pakistani viewer feel obliged to watch the Pakistani film?
If you decide to release your film on the same day as an Indian film you choose to take a financial risk, the Pakistani viewer does NOT owe you any favours and is not obliged to watch your film. If you don't want to take that risk don't. release. your. film. on. the. same. day. as. an. Indian. film.
It's that simple.

EVERYONE IS AWARE OF THE RISK FACTOR...pak industry or viwers aren't pinning Bollywood vs lollywood

And no one is forcing the viwers at gunpoint to watch pak movies over Bollywood

It's always the viwers choice be it lollywood Bollywood or even Hollywood which film tickets they will pay for

But that doesn't mean people stop marketing films altogether in order to give the viwers the so called freedom

Marketing doesn't mean they r manipulating viwers or forcing them to change their decision

And it's always commercially viable to release movies on big occasions even if there is big competition

Last yr also bang bang and na maloom afraad was released together and both did good business

Whatever bin roye is making at cash register is jus coz it was released on eid

And it's not as if the world ends after the first day of eid

Now a days eid vacations are for a wk.

Viwers can easily watch both bajrangi and bin roye in eid vacation which is worth the risk

Every movie industry releases multiple films on major festivals as that's when all films benefit ...Even if they clash still it' earns more than being a solo release on some other part of the year when people r busy with daily ode chores
Amara_B thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

EVERYONE IS AWARE OF THE RISK FACTOR...pak industry or viwers aren't pinning Bollywood vs lollywood

And no one is forcing the viwers at gunpoint to watch pak movies over Bollywood

It's always the viwers choice be it lollywood Bollywood or even Hollywood which film tickets they will pay for

But that doesn't mean people stop marketing films altogether in order to give the viwers the so called freedom

Marketing doesn't mean they r manipulating viwers or forcing them to change their decision

And it's always commercially viable to release movies on big occasions even if there is big competition

Last yr also bang bang and na maloom afraad was released together and both did good business

Whatever bin roye is making at cash register is jus coz it was released on eid

And it's not as if the world ends after the first day of eid

Now a days eid vacations are for a wk.

Viwers can easily watch both bajrangi and bin roye in eid vacation which is worth the risk

Every movie industry releases multiple films on major festivals as that's when all films benefit ...Even if they clash still it' earns more than being a solo release on some other part of the year when people r busy with daily ode chores

Who's talking about marketing? There's a difference between marketing and suggesting viewers should not watch films or tv shows from certain countries to support their own countries industries.
We are NOT talking about promotions, we're talking about the hypocrisy of actors, producers, directors, etc. who talk down their colleagues for acting in Bollywood films in the name of patriotism and then collaborate with Indian filmmakers (Shaan is remaking Mahesh Bhatt's Arth, the scripts being written by the Indian writer Shagufta Shafique), or act in Bollywood themselves.
Or actors who beseech their viewers to stop watching Indian/Turkish soaps in the name of patriotism and suggest the audience should instead support their own industry by watching Pakistani serials instead and then sign a Bollywood film themselves (Ahsan Khan).
That's not marketing. It's manipulation. It's hypocrisy.
Edited by Amara_B - 9 years ago
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
^what! Shaan is working in BW, he was so against it, yeh log bhai na