Mohib Mirza peeved at Pakistani actors' hypocrisy'

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Mohib Mirza peeved at Pakistani actors' hypocrisy

'Good cinema earns viewers, not begs patronage,' says Pakistan Idol host, Mohib Mirza
ABOUT 3 HOURS AGO

Mohib Mirza is not at all amused with our actors aiming for Bollywood, yet want the public to support Pakistani content when it is out.

On his official Facebook page, The Pakistan Idol host states:

"I find it hypocritical when Pakistani actors consider Bollywood as their goal and yet ask viewers to support Pakistani cinema when it comes to a local release. we have every means available in Pakistan to make world class films. It is high time we stopped manipulating viewers to buy a cinema ticket based on patriotism. "

The actor goes on to say,

Films should be sold on merit, content, and performance, not their origin. Good cinema earns viewers, not begs patronage.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I don't know if the actors say tht, but I find it highly ridiculous whn ppl on social media say that ppl should go buy tickets and watch a movie in the theatres to show their patriotism! Someone went ao far as to say that buy the tickets, even if u don't go to watch the film.
And it just shows how twisted patriotism has become.

BTW I wld say the same for the indian counter-part nd ppl who say to watch so-and-so film to show ones patriotism.

There r more effective and productive ways to show ur patriotism for ur country than going and watching movies, tht fill the coffers of the already rich film makers! And frankly speaking ppl watch films for entertainment so don't mask it as something more noble.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

I don't know if the actors say tht, but I find it highly ridiculous whn ppl on social media say that ppl should go buy tickets and watch a movie in the theatres to show their patriotism! Someone went ao far as to say that buy the tickets, even if u don't go to watch the film.

And it just shows how twisted patriotism has become.

BTW I wld say the same for the indian counter-part nd ppl who say to watch so-and-so film to show ones patriotism.

There r more effective and productive ways to show ur patriotism for ur country than going and watching movies, tht fill the coffers of the already rich film makers! And frankly speaking ppl watch films for entertainment so don't mask it as something more noble.

Instead of asking people to buy tickets to show their patriotism...its better to ask them not to litter the streets maybe. Or follow traffic rules.
khamosshhh thumbnail
^Exactly! Nothing drastic, but these kinds of simple gestures.
And I agree that if a movie is good ppl will appreciate and watch it, but asking ppl to go just to boost the industry is asking too much.

Koi itna faarig nahin hai.😆
904129 thumbnail
Since when did Patriotism got measured with such petty things? 😳 Trust me, Being the Daughter of Defence Personel I know the meaning of Patriotism wayy better than nyone else. If a viewer in Pakistan wants to watch a BW movie instead of local he has full rights to do that Bhai. Its his choice, and it doesnt makes him any less of a Pakistan. 😊 I still remember that, My Elder Cousin brother went to watch Bol instead of A BW Movie. Similarly one of my cousins, Who is a big fan of Emraan Hashmi..🤣🤣 Went on to watch Khuda Kay Liye and not Awaarapan which was released with it. Does it means that she is less Indian? 😕 Of Course Not!
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
WHATS SO hypocritical about it
I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH MOHIB

It's not as if all pak actors actresses begging Indian producers to cast them

If they r offered good roles only then they consider doing them

Art is not bounded by boundaries

Why is every actor termed as a criminal if they sign something in Bollywood

And why is it hypocritical if they r promoting pak cinema

Isn't pak audience doing the same

All watched bajrangi bhaijaan and then also watched bin roye n wrong no on eid

Isn't that's what it shud be

Promoting local cinema but not showing ur back to Bollywood as its the 2nd biggest movie industry in the whole world for God's sake

Why is it a crime if pak actors accept offers from it on their own merit

If mohib gets a good offer he himself will consider a Bollywood movie
khamosshhh thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

WHATS SO hypocritical about it

I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH MOHIB

It's not as if all pak actors actresses begging Indian producers to cast them

If they r offered good roles only then they consider doing them

Art is not bounded by boundaries

Why is every actor termed as a criminal if they sign something in Bollywood

And why is it hypocritical if they r promoting pak cinema

Isn't pak audience doing the same

All watched bajrangi bhaijaan and then also watched bin roye n wrong no on eid

Isn't that's what it shud be

Promoting local cinema but not showing ur back to Bollywood as its the 2nd biggest movie industry in the whole world for God's sake

Why is it a crime if pak actors accept offers from it on their own merit

If mohib gets a good offer he himself will consider a Bollywood movie

Abby I think u got him wrong. What he finds hypocritical is that actors aim for Bollywood themselves, yet ask the ppl to support Pakistani contents (and I know both r not exclusive of each other, but guess what he's saying is to make good quality stuffs in Pak and the ppl will watch it instead of asking ppl to watch local stuffs).

His this statement makes it clearer I guess.

Films should be sold on merit, content, and performance, not their origin. Good cinema earns viewers, not begs patronage.

Edit: by the way the article itself has not be written properly. It's quite ambiguous.
Edited by khamosshhh - 9 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

Abby I think u got him wrong. What he finds hypocritical is that actors aim for Bollywood themselves, yet ask the ppl to support Pakistani contents (and I know both r not exclusive of each other, but guess what he's saying is to make good quality stuffs in Pak and the ppl will watch it instead of asking ppl to watch local stuffs).

His this statement makes it clearer I guess.

Edit: by the way the article itself has not be written properly. It's quite ambiguous.

What's wrong in promoting

Hollywood Bollywood is so big

Still their stars promote the movies left right centre in every way possible...many even go to the extent of begging...promoting is a huge inseparable part of showbiz today

That doesn't mean those stars are hypocritical

And pak stars are not begging the audience to watch pak movies

Films run on the basis of content in every industry

But that doesn't mean promotion by stars in media and social networking site is wrong or hypocritical

And it's not as if pak stars r going nuts and begging bolly people to cast them n ignoring their own industry

All pak stars are doing their best to contribute in drama n lollywood

So what if someone r open to accept good offers from Bollywood

Even Bollywood stars hv a list towards Hollywood

Now that doesn't mean they r hypocritical
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

What's wrong in promoting

Hollywood Bollywood is so big

Still their stars promote the movies left right centre in every way possible...many even go to the extent of begging...promoting is a huge inseparable part of showbiz today

That doesn't mean those stars are hypocritical

And pak stars are not begging the audience to watch pak movies

Films run on the basis of content in every industry

But that doesn't mean promotion by stars in media and social networking site is wrong or hypocritical

And it's not as if pak stars r going nuts and begging bolly people to cast them n ignoring their own industry

All pak stars are doing their best to contribute in drama n lollywood

So what if someone r open to accept good offers from Bollywood

Even Bollywood stars hv a list towards Hollywood

Now that doesn't mean they r hypocritical

I get what you're saying Abby but here's what I got from this:

this is purely hypothetical but here is the example
Lets say I am a Salman Khan fan, and I can't stand Humayun Saeed. Still, on Eid I decide to watch Bin Roye because it is Pakistani and I want to support Lollywood instead of Bollywood (even though I am a bigger fan of Salman). This is purely my choice, but now if Fawad Khan, Imran Abbas, and so many more, are telling me (or audience) to not watch Bajrangi Bhaijaan and go for Bin Roye then it is hypocritical... especially since these guys are all for bollywood and would probably go for a BW film first, over a LW...
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: brainychild92

I get what you're saying Abby but here's what I got from this:

this is purely hypothetical but here is the example
Lets say I am a Salman Khan fan, and I can't stand Humayun Saeed. Still, on Eid I decide to watch Bin Roye because it is Pakistani and I want to support Lollywood instead of Bollywood (even though I am a bigger fan of Salman). This is purely my choice, but now if Fawad Khan, Imran Abbas, and so many more, are telling me (or audience) to not watch Bajrangi Bhaijaan and go for Bin Roye then it is hypocritical... especially since these guys are all for bollywood and would probably go for a BW film first, over a LW...

I don't think any pak star so far has told the audience to not watch Bollywood and watch lollywood only

All the pak stars promoted is to mk sure all watch bin roye and wrong no...and it's not as if a pak viwers watch bajrangi he will b missing put of bin roye

It's possible to watch both bajrangi and bin roye

That's what the pak actors are also promoting

Coz they all know how popular Bollywood is in pak

Jus them saying don't watch bolly won't mk the pak viwers quit bolly overnight

They know it a d they r not fools

Even on tv a few Hindi soaps run among the pak dramas

And pak stars promote the dramas they don't say ent watch Hindi soaps coz they know a certain section of audience will watch Hindi soaps anyways

All they do is ask viwers to watch the pak dramas

I don't think any single pak actor said anywhere don't watch bajrangi watch bin roye only

They all said mk sure u watch the pak eid releases too